Sep 25th, 2006, 04:37 PM
Yes I saw it too, Lena won

DokicForever
Sep 25th, 2006, 08:30 PM
Bravo Eleni mou!!

spar
Sep 26th, 2006, 01:08 PM
Castańo/Craybas (COL/USA) d. (4) Brémond/Daniilidou (FRA/GRE) 76(7) 31 ret
Who is retired Brémond or Daniilidou ? Injuri again?

forever_rafter
Sep 26th, 2006, 01:10 PM
Castańo/Craybas (COL/USA) d. (4) Brémond/Daniilidou (FRA/GRE) 76(7) 31 ret
Who is retired Brémond or Daniilidou ? Injuri again?

OMG, I hope it's not Eleni :sad:

forever_rafter
Sep 26th, 2006, 02:50 PM
from the player's party
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/global/photogallery/seoul/f_23.jpg
:drool:

christos
Sep 26th, 2006, 02:59 PM
hehe nice one!

LegionArgentina
Sep 26th, 2006, 03:01 PM
She looks sexy in the picture.. i hope that she she is still free of injuries coz the ret.. we dont know who is..

Vamos Eleni y mucha suerte en tu proximo partido ˇ

forever_rafter
Sep 26th, 2006, 03:10 PM
She looks sexy in the picture.. i hope that she she is still free of injuries coz the ret.. we dont know who is..

Vamos Eleni y mucha suerte en tu proximo partido ˇ

She's sexy, I saw her up close in Ny and oh my :hearts: ;)

guizzy
Sep 27th, 2006, 08:46 AM
Daniilidou d. Dushevina 1-6 6-1 6-0
This girl really needs time to warm up. Well done Eleni!!!Good luck in third round.

forever_rafter
Sep 27th, 2006, 08:48 AM
Daniilidou d. Dushevina 1-6 6-1 6-0
This girl really needs time to warm up. Well done Eleni!!!Good luck in third round.

Well done baby! Weird score though :lol:

christos
Sep 27th, 2006, 10:22 AM
I was sure about that!! Well done :worship:

TennisPlayingFox
Sep 27th, 2006, 01:40 PM
Nice win Eleni! Good luck in the quarters!

guizzy
Sep 28th, 2006, 02:59 PM
Friday, September 29, 2006

Centre Court (from 11.00hrs)

1. Zvonareva vs. Daniilidou
2. Mirza vs. Ruano Pascual (NB 14.00hrs)
3. Sugiyama vs. Suárez
4. Morigami vs. Bartoli
5. Ruano Pascual/Suárez vs. Chang/Lee

Good luck Eleni, you can go far here.

LegionArgentina
Sep 28th, 2006, 05:33 PM
Best of luck Eleni :yeah:

Bероника
Sep 28th, 2006, 08:22 PM
from the player's party
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/global/photogallery/seoul/f_23.jpg
:drool:

oh wow :hearts:

Good luck vs Zvonareva!!!!! :bounce:

forever_rafter
Sep 28th, 2006, 09:59 PM
Good luck baby!

elena_k
Sep 28th, 2006, 10:41 PM
good luck :)

alkmene
Sep 29th, 2006, 06:17 AM
according to the score board of the tournament's official site Lena def Vera Zvonareva 7-6,6-4.

spar
Sep 29th, 2006, 07:15 AM
Very best result !!!

guizzy
Sep 29th, 2006, 08:22 AM
I was very confident about the result when I was opening my PC. Should I predict a finall betwin Eleni and Hingis? I feel very possitive about this tournament.Go Eleni!!!

alkmene
Sep 29th, 2006, 08:37 AM
sorry to disappoint you but martina lost to sania mirza yesterday! :)

guizzy
Sep 29th, 2006, 08:47 AM
:rolleyes: Oups. Just found out about it. Well I can't be mistaking about both players of the final so if Martina is out Eleni will be in the final. :angel:

forever_rafter
Sep 29th, 2006, 10:46 AM
well done baby! :worship: :bounce:

christos
Sep 29th, 2006, 11:28 AM
:worship: Lena :woohoo:

Bероника
Sep 29th, 2006, 12:47 PM
:D Eleni :bounce: One step closer ;) Pameeeeee!!!!!!!

TennisPlayingFox
Sep 29th, 2006, 02:46 PM
Awesome win Eleni! Good luck against Bartoli!

LegionArgentina
Sep 29th, 2006, 07:58 PM
Good Job Eleni :yeah:

Good Luck against Marion, that will be thought coz Marion is having good weeks but i belive that you can take this..

guizzy
Sep 29th, 2006, 10:10 PM
Saturday 30, September

Centre Court (from 14.00hrs)

1. Bartoli vs. Daniilidou
2. Ruano Pascual vs. Sugiyama
3. Ruano Pascual/Suárez vs. Vento-Kabchi/Widjaja

Good luck Lena!!!

forever_rafter
Sep 29th, 2006, 10:35 PM
Good luck baby!

guizzy
Sep 30th, 2006, 09:27 AM
:bounce: GREAT NEWS!Eleni is on her first final after a loooong time. Daniilidou d. Bartoli with 6-1 6-0. Reports say that Eleni was simply on fire!!! This is yours girl, just take it. :bowdown: :woohoo:

christos
Sep 30th, 2006, 12:10 PM
Come on Lena bring this trophy home!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

It's a long time guizzy, Auckland 2004 her last one

guizzy
Sep 30th, 2006, 12:26 PM
Come on Lena bring this trophy home!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

It's a long time guizzy, Auckland 2004 her last one

Yap, it's just about time for a new start and more titles will come. It's just a matter of time because Eleni is back again! :worship: ;) Καλή επιτυχία Λένα!!!

Bероника
Sep 30th, 2006, 01:25 PM
Wow I'm really impressed at this result :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :drool:

Who will she face in the final?

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/9651/l2147866lk9.jpg

christos
Sep 30th, 2006, 03:29 PM
Wow I'm really impressed at this result :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :drool:

Who will she face in the final?

She'll play against Ai Sugiyama

:inlove:
Sep 30th, 2006, 04:44 PM
Eleni on FIYAH. :hearts: :hearts: Congrats on reaching the final. :D

TennisPlayingFox
Sep 30th, 2006, 05:13 PM
VEry good win Eleni! Good luck in the final against Ai! You can do it!

daniilidou
Sep 30th, 2006, 05:41 PM
I must admit, Lena has been playing exceptionally well these past few weeks. I guess that new coach has helped improve her game in a short time. Take the title !!!:woohoo: :yippee:

LegionArgentina
Sep 30th, 2006, 08:44 PM
Eleni :eek:

Best of luck tomorrow and take the title (sorry Sugi :sad:), all my fav have excellents results here and i cant watch anything :sad:

forever_rafter
Sep 30th, 2006, 09:12 PM
Eleni baby, I'm lost for words :worship: Good luck in the final baby! Take this title!

TennisPlayingFox
Oct 1st, 2006, 07:14 AM
Eleni def Ai 6-3, 2-6, 7-6! What a match! Very happy for you Eleni! You really deserved it!

spar
Oct 1st, 2006, 07:24 AM
I am very happy. That win is very important. Eleni has a Title after 2 seasons without wins. Last in jule 2004 in doubles or iarnuary 2004 in singles. That win we so long wait!

elena_k
Oct 1st, 2006, 09:33 AM
she did it :D well done girl :yeah:

DokicForever
Oct 1st, 2006, 10:55 AM
Bravo Bravo Bravo Eleni mou!

forever_rafter
Oct 1st, 2006, 12:22 PM
Eleni :worship: :worship: You are back on track!

guizzy
Oct 1st, 2006, 12:35 PM
Great comeback Eleni!!!

guizzy
Oct 1st, 2006, 01:21 PM
:wavey: Next tournament for Eleni is Tokyo. In first round she is facing a qualifier and she has Monday off so we have one more day to celebrate :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: before regrouping for the next one. ;)

christos
Oct 1st, 2006, 01:29 PM
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:
Cogratulations Lena!!! Finally a title :worship: :) :)

DokicForever
Oct 1st, 2006, 01:42 PM
:wavey: Next tournament for Eleni is Tokyo. In first round she is facing a qualifier and she has Monday off so we have one more day to celebrate :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: before regrouping for the next one. ;)

Good luck to Eleni for that!!
:bounce:

LegionArgentina
Oct 1st, 2006, 02:58 PM
Eleni :bounce:

Good fight in the last third :eek:

Congrats for the title

forever_rafter
Oct 1st, 2006, 03:18 PM
She saved 3 MB and overcame crumps in the tiebreak!
http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/XLEE102100104_lower.jpg
:worship:

Confident
Oct 1st, 2006, 04:41 PM
Congratulate! :) To beat Sugiyama, very well done! :worship:

Calliope.
Oct 1st, 2006, 08:50 PM
Congrats Lena! :bounce: :hearts: :kiss: :bounce: :D

XTC
Oct 1st, 2006, 10:36 PM
Bravo re Lena!

forever_rafter
Oct 1st, 2006, 10:51 PM
Eleni Daniilidou of Greece overcame bad calls, cramping and three match points to win not only her 4th career title but also heart of Korean fans.

Unseeded, currently 58 ranked Daniilidou outlasted Japanese 3rd seeded Ai Sugiyama 6-3, 2-6, 7-6(3) to win WTA Hansol Korea Tennis Championsips on Sunday.

The 24-year-old Greek's powerful forehand did a lot of damage to her 31-year-old opponent. Daniilidou broke Sugiyama twice in the 1st set 6-3, after the Japanese produced several double faults untypically.

However, Sugiyama stepped up her game in the 2nd set by charging to the net a lot more often, which was successful almost every time, and leveled the match one set apiece.

At 5-4 in the deciding set, Sugiyama had triple championship points on Daniilidou's serve. Two were saved by perfect play from Daniilidou, and the last one was slipped away from the Japanese when she went for too much on her forehand return to a weak second serve from Daniilidou.

Daniilidou held for 5-5 and both players trade breaks of serve to go in to a tiebreaker.

At 2-2 in the tiebreaker, Daniilidou produced an unlikely backhand down line winner and immediately fell on the court with a cramping left leg. Treated lying on the court because she couldn't even stand up to go to the bench, Daniilidou resumed to play with crowd cheering for her. Hampered by cramping, she lost the very next point and it was a struggle for her to go to the other side of the court for a court change.

But Daniilidou showed the spirit of champion and won the next 4 points with a smashing winner and a string of powerful and well-placed forehand strokes. As much as she'd liked to enjoy the moment of victory, she again fell on the court because it started cramping one more time.

what an incedible fighter our baby is :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

alkmene
Oct 2nd, 2006, 06:35 AM
:) :) :)
I'm so happy!!!

spar
Oct 2nd, 2006, 08:16 AM
Interesting report . Official website made this with great delay. Very bad organization of this tournament. I am in shock. There is no live scoreboard. It`s fantastic ! Korea is industrial country, but if tennis is not popular what for then to invite the players.
Eleni - super !!! Go to the court with such injuries - it is a feat !!! I see in the photos as the Eleni suffered after the cramping left leg.

Bероника
Oct 2nd, 2006, 03:52 PM
:D wow Lena,well done,baby!!!! I'm so proud of you.Many congrats!!! :kiss:
I think she deserves I put her on my avatar ;)

maryc
Oct 2nd, 2006, 10:46 PM
Daniilidou Beats Heat for WTA Seoul Win

Posted on October 02, 2006

SEOUL, Korea -- In a tournament that saw half of its seeds ousted in the first round, it seemed fitting that the title would eventually go to an unseeded player. But throughout the Hansol Korea Open Tennis Championships week, Eleni Daniilidou certainly didn't play like a non-seed. Greece's best took out a trio of seeds, closing out the title run with a marathon 63 26 76(3) championship victory against Japan's Ai Sugiyama.

On a hot and sunny Sunday afternoon, Daniilidou continued to display the form that took her to upset wins over No.5 seed Vera Zvonareva and No.3 seed Marion Bartoli in the two rounds prior. She diffused the No.4-seeded Sugiyama's aggressive attacks throughout the opening set with deep topspin groundstrokes and a precise slice, but fell behind in the second set as her veteran opponent began painting the lines with her flat groundstrokes and finishing points off at the net.

After splitting those sets, the match moved into a deciding third, and things could not have become more heated. They stayed even throughout the set, reaching 2-all, 3-all and so on until they found themselves in an all-or-nothing tie-break. After inching up 3-2, Daniilidou began suffering the effects of the extreme heat and called for the trainer, but regrouped upon return, clinching the Tier IV title win after two hours, 38 minutes.

"It was a tough match," Daniilidou said. "I was not feeling my best on the court today, but a victory is a victory. Neither of us played our best. At the end, I was cramping; I am working on conditioning. I tried to play as aggressively as I could. She is a top player; I had to go for it. Thank God every ball was in."

"In the first set I did what I had to do, but she was hitting the ball deep and pushing me off the court," Sugiyama said. "The second set, I think she got a bit tired. I was moving her around more and taking the ball early. In the tie-break, I really couldn't do anything. It was a really tough situation. I am disappointed."

Daniilidou saved three match points trailing 5-4 in the third. She is the fifth player this season to come back from the brink of defeat en route to a title.

"I was very calm," said Daniilidou of that juncture. "I tried to take the situation as it came. I played the next two points perfectly. At 30-40, she missed a return but she played it aggressively, as she should have."

Daniilidou, 24, has now tasted victory in four of five career Sony Ericsson WTA Tour singles finals, winning titles at 2002 's-Hertogenbosch, 2003 Auckland, 2004 Auckland and now 2006 Seoul. She is a one-time runner-up, at Bahia four years ago, as well as a six-time semifinalist. The crafty Greek, who idolized and modeled her game after Argentine legend Gabriela Sabatini, is moving closer and closer to the form that once saw her rank among the world's Top 15.

"It is my first title this year, first title after a tough year on and off the court," added Daniilidou, who was bothered over the last year by a cyst on her finger, which was subsequently removed. "Hopefully I'll stay healthy. It's hard when you travel so much. It's not easy on the body. I need to get fitter and keep working.

"Winning this tournament is very special to me. It has been a great week. I really like playing here. I look forward to coming back next year."

From http://www.tennis-x.com/story/2006-10-02/n.php

Mary
p.s. It's interesting when my google alert on Sabatini gives me
Daniilidou articles! It's like a bonus!