PDA

View Full Version : MAJOR ALERT!! LIndsay out of WIMBY???

c2
Jun 9th, 2002, 06:10 PM
Heeeeeellllllpppp! Nooooooo! There's a poster in GM saying that Linds will pull out of both Eastbourne & Wimby tomorrow!!! Does anyone know anything?? arrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh please say it isn't true!!!!! :sad: :sad: :sad:

~*Alma*~
Jun 9th, 2002, 07:12 PM
Davenport ruled out of Wimbledon

Lindsay Davenport will miss Wimbledon because of a slower than expected recovery from a knee operation. The 26-year-old Californian, who won Wimbledon three years ago, has been out of action since last November when she damaged her right knee at the women's championships in Munich. She underwent an operation on 11 January.

She planned to come back next week at Eastbourne to assess her fitness for Wimbledon, which starts on 24 June. But the rehabilitation has been more difficult than anticipated and her withdrawal is expected to be announced tomorrow. This setback, and the absence of Martina Hingis because of foot surgery, will shorten the odds on Venus and Serena Williams dominating Wimbledon in the way they havethe French Open.

I don't know whether this is true or not, but let's hope it's not!!!!
:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

auntie janie
Jun 9th, 2002, 10:49 PM
It is terrible news, and I could not bear to reply to it in general messages, where people's reaction to this news is, Darn, now the Williams sisters will Dominate. :rolleyes:

Well I don't care who dominates! This news is about Lindsay, and it is bad news! I WANT MY LINDSAY BACK!!! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

jacs
Jun 10th, 2002, 01:06 AM
* jacs downs a couple of tylenols ...

player2
Jun 10th, 2002, 02:43 AM
What exactly was Lindsay's injury? Did she have more
than arthroscopic surgery?

vicki
Jun 10th, 2002, 05:14 AM
oh nooooooooooooooo :eek:
NOOOOOOOOOOOO
:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

hugetennisfan
Jun 10th, 2002, 05:44 AM
Is this really true??? :sad: :sad: :sad:

Awful news

vicki
Jun 10th, 2002, 06:43 AM
just read: :sad: :sad:

"June 9th 2002: Disappointing news for Lindsay fans - she is expected to announce her withdrawal from Eastbourne and Wimbledon tomorrow after a slower than expected recovery from her knee surgery." - www.lindsayonline.org

it's true...

Maajken
Jun 10th, 2002, 07:23 AM

*grabbing bottle of vodka*

Jordan.
Jun 10th, 2002, 07:40 AM
OMG,noooo...:sad:

Kelly
Jun 10th, 2002, 12:19 PM
:sad: :sad: :sad:

i am now very:mad: :mad: :mad:

RayRob
Jun 10th, 2002, 12:29 PM
*Rachel sits stunned........lost for words*

Jan
Jun 10th, 2002, 12:35 PM
I am SO SO Depressed. I thought this might happen as Jo Durie said to Annabel Croft at the French Open that Lindsay would most likely not be at Wimbledon and Johnny Mac also said that Lindsay was "iffy" with her injury.

I AM REALLY SICK BUT LETS KEEP POSITIVE GUYS!
Jan
PS KELLY AND KAZ COULD YOU CONTACT ME I HAVE A PROBLEM CONTACTING YOU AT THE MOMENT!

gossipcom
Jun 10th, 2002, 01:33 PM
That sucks big time - what's more intriguing for me is none of the major wire services (ie: Yahoo, etc) has reported this.

Julie
Jun 10th, 2002, 08:02 PM
Ahrggggg - i dont know what to think, im still trying to keep positive until there is official news, but if that comes im gonan be soooo :sad:

But saying that i want Lindsay to be fully fit when she returns - i knwo oyu all agree - and i know its awful the thought of more time without her - but well get through guys - somehow.

Now Maeike - do we need another bottle of vodka yet ;)

QUEENLINDSAY
Jun 10th, 2002, 09:51 PM
HOW DO I LIVE WITHOUT YOU ON CENTER COURT!!!!!

matthewhaufle
Jun 11th, 2002, 01:32 AM
I can't stand waiting anymore!! I just need to know if Lindsay is going to be back in action!! Aaaaaaargh. At least we got through Monday so maybe that report was just a rumor! (fingers crossed)

Matt

Hingiswinsthis
Jun 11th, 2002, 01:55 AM
oh no! i was really hoping for Lindsay to return and along with Capriati to battle the Willies at Wimbly....oh well Marti and Linds 2002 US Open Final:D (dreaming)

Jan
Jun 11th, 2002, 07:32 AM
Nothing official yet and I have searched and searched as at 8.25 am Tuesday 11 June (BST).

I can't stand this! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: jan

Oizo
Jun 11th, 2002, 10:18 AM
Is it now true or not? :confused:
I was really so happy to see her come back and shock a little the Top 2 players in the world! ;)
Noooo! :sad:

beckl
Jun 11th, 2002, 10:25 AM
*beckl grabs the tylenol off jacs, devours the whole packet, including wrapping. * beckl spots vodka bottle on the table......
* beckl....very distraught...it can't be true...http://www.smilies.nl/bawling.gif

plz noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo