PDA

View Full Version : My Portoroz reports (Thu, Fri and now Saturday!) & pics and short video clips now!!!

SloKid
Sep 21st, 2006, 07:29 PM
Reports:
Thursday (http://www.wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=9122303&postcount=36)
Friday (http://www.wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=9112414&postcount=16)
Saturday (http://www.wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=9119943&postcount=31)
Pics:
Hlavackova, Matevzic, Bychkova, Kurhajcova, Pironkova, Benesova, Camerin, Kosinska (http://www.wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=9112628&postcount=20)
Gajdosova, Loit, Ondraskova, Camerin, Paszek, Klepac, Muller, Srebotnik (http://www.wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=9112790&postcount=22)
Birnerova, Loit, Voracova, Drake, Muller, Stewart, Hradecka, Oprandi, Sucha, Garbin (http://www.wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=9115053&postcount=29)
Doubles ceremony (Hradecka, Voracova, Birnerova, Loit), Matevzic, Krizan (http://www.wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=9120036&postcount=32)
Video Clips:
Camerin, Doubles trophy presentation (Voracova, Birnerova, Loit, Hradecka), Garbin, Paszek, Klepac, Sucha (http://www.wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=9122303&postcount=36)
Paszek vs. Benesova
Loit vs. Ondraskova
Camerin/Gagliardi vs. Hlavackova/Kurhajcova
Drake/Müller vs. Birnerova/Loit
Kosinska/Pin vs. Gajdosova/Stewart

Well this is my report for the day, I know it's long and boring, but if you're interested give it a read. :)
As I got there just after 1pm, I watched the ending of the first set between Loit and Ondraskova.
Emilie just wasted a bp for 4-5 and Zuzana quickly quickly closed it out afterwards, so I really can't say much of what was going on in the first set. Emilie was not happy with her game and was quite vocal about it.
There was some tension, between the two as Loit complained a few times about Ondraskova taking too much time between points.

Random player spottings: Gajdosova, Benesova, Drake, Camerin, Kurhajcova, Pin

Soon after the start of the second set between Loit and Ondraskova I went to Court B to watch Jarka (Gajdosova) play dubz together with Bryanne Stewart against Kosinska and Pin. A huge crowd of 5 gathered to follow that match and at least 2 or 3 were from the Gajdosova/Stewart camp.
Jarka/Bryanne were the better team, but with some sloppy play allowed Kosinska/Pin to get back into the first set after trailing 2-4. Jarka was serving for the set at 6-5, but got broken, she hit some DFs and they had some errors and she was visibly annoyed with her play.
Kosinska/Pin took an early lead in the tb and managed to close it out.
After that I went back to the Loit match in time to see Emilie close out the set. She was starting to work her magic and with spins and slices forced Zuzana to run around and she couldn't keep up.
After that second set I went to centre court in time to see the last few games of the first set between Klepac and Oprandi. Romina was just serving for the set at 5-4, but Andreja broke to 15 and then held for 6-5.
She was in control, hitting powerful groundstrokes and reading Romina's game well, esp. her numerous dropshots that did little damage as the match progressed, if anything Klepac had the better dropshots, when she used them.

Random player spottings: Bychkova, Pironkova (both decided to stay in Portoroz a bit longer it seems), Birnerova, Muller, Hlavackova :hearts: Srebotnik (:D)

After the first set between Klepac and Oprandi I went back to court B to find Jarka/Bryanne cruising. I watched them win the second set 6-2, they were owerpowering their opponents (well they were playing Pin, not that much of a task really :p)
After that set I went to see the final of Loit match, she was serving for the match at 5-2 but got broken. The hope for Ondraskova was shortlived as Loit then broke for the match. And Zuzana left the court in a hurry, while Emilie stayed behind chatting with her coach near the fence. :lol:
Emilie went to a practice court later in the day with her coach and before they started Pin came by after her doubles match so they chatted for a few minutes, Emilie then played football with her coach on the practice court.

Random player spottings: Hradecka, Voracova, Muller, Paszek

As there was no play on the outside courts I returned to the centre court, where Andreja was a break down early in the second set. Romina made Andreja run more and Andreja made more errors.
One of the funnier moments of the day was when at one point Romina demanded the winning ball from a ballboy, but he didn't see it and rolled the ball back, so Romina called him an idiot. :tape:
I left that match at 4-2 for Romina and went outside to watch Camerin and Gagliardi take on Hlavackova and Kurhajcova in doubles.
Match offered little spectacular play, but offered a lot in eye candy. :hearts:
MEC and Gagliardi steamrolled through the first set. They had some support from the stands as a guy was shouting Brava Manu, brava Cameroon (:tape: ). :lol:
After that set I walked around a bit and got pics from Kata, Tsveti and Katya Bychkova. I later watched her practice a bit.
After MEC and Gagliardi won the set, I went to court B just in time to see Jarka and Bryanne close the match out 6-0 in the third. After the match Jarka's coach spoke with both outside the courts for a few minutes discussing the match.
in the meantime MEC and Gagliardi started to struggle and dropped the second set in the tb, Hlavackova and Kurhajcova needed some 5sps to close it out though.
As I saw that match won't finish so soon I went to the centre court, where Andreja was 3-1 up in the final set after losing the second set 4-6. The crowd was going crazy. After getting a 4-1 lead Oprandi took a medical timeout.
By then I was running back and forth the centre and grandstand courts trying to see the endings of both MEC's and Andreja's matches. After Andreja closed out the match at 6-1 in the third I went straight to the grandstand court, where MEC and Gag were 4-0 up in the final set. I stayed to watch that.
The pair took their second or third mp to get the second bagel of that match.
During the match MEC was a couple of times angry at herself and so was Hlavackova on the other side, shouting out some stuff at her at various points.
Finally I was able to take a bit of a break as I didn't want to go to Benesova vs. Paszek just yet.
Next up on grandstand were Drake/Muller vs. Birnerova/Loit. I wasn't too interested in that so I went to get something to drink.
When I got to centre court Tamira was already 5-0 up. She was pumped up, while Iveta was doing her best Kookie impression.
Tamira was overpowering Iveta, who got some support from Hradecka and Voracova, who were sitting right next to me. :lol:
Tamira got an early break in the second for 1-2, but Iveta immediately broke back and it seemed she was finally on track, even though she was not on equal terms as it was still Tamira dictating the play. I left during the next changeover at 3-2 for Tamira. I returned not more than 10 minutes later to see how it was going along and only saw the handshake. Iveta sucked soooo much. After the match Tamira was visibly happy, I overheard her saying it was quicker than expected. She was recieving congratulations and talked on the phone for like an hour, cause everytime I saw her around she was on the phone. :lol:
Outside Loit and Birnerova were winning easily and it was clear to see, who the weakest link on court was.
Maureen was struggling badddd, her forehands landed meters behind the baseline or hit the bottom of the net. She is, of course as we know, quite the character, she kept shouting at herself and at the end of the match threw her racquet and kicked her bag. :lol:
Sucha hung around the complex at that time and you could hardly tell she's a tennis player as she was dressed quite elegant, well the giveaway were the tennis racquet and strings in her hand.
After Emilie's doubles match, Martina stopped her asking if they could hit together tomorrow, but Emilie pointed at Birnerova, her doubles partner, saying she's scheduled to hit with her.
It was kinda an :awww: moment as Martina was turned down. :lol:
At that time I also saw Hlavackova again, she's soooo cute. :hearts: :lol:
Before leaving I quickly went to centre court, where an exhibition was played so I saw a bit of Matevzic and Krizan as well. :)
I'm very likely going again tomorrow.
As I don't feel like uploading all 150+ pics I took, I'm just gonna upload those of players people want to see
So I have pics of following players:
Oprandi
Klepac
Paszek
Benesova
Loit
Ondraskova
Camerin
Gagliardi
Hlavackova
Kurhajcova
Drake
Müller
Birnerova
Kosinska
Gajdosova
Stewart
Pironkova
Bychkova
Srebotnik
Matevzic
Krizan
Quality of pics of some players is not the best though (stupid sun :rolleyes: )

CooCooCachoo
Sep 21st, 2006, 07:47 PM
Milan rockz.

Report rockz.

Portoroz rockz.

Camerin rockz.

Brava Milan! :lol:

I know exactly who that guy is :haha: I told you about him :tape:

SloKid
Sep 21st, 2006, 07:50 PM
Milan rockz.

Report rockz.

Portoroz rockz.

Camerin rockz.

Brava Milan! :lol:

I know exactly who that guy is :haha: I told you about him :tape:
Thank you. :lol:

And I know, but I noticed him, before you told me about him, as I was standing near him during the Loit match and he was shouting brava Emilie, brava. :lol:

TTomek
Sep 21st, 2006, 08:10 PM
where are the pics :(

SloKid
Sep 21st, 2006, 08:13 PM
where are the pics :(
Read the last few lines, dummy. :p

TTomek
Sep 21st, 2006, 08:18 PM
Read the last few lines, dummy. :p
:ras:

Kosińska, Paszek, Klepac and Matevzic photos please

and the most funniest!!!

End you have twice Loit :p

SloKid
Sep 21st, 2006, 08:20 PM
:ras:

Kosińska, Paszek, Klepac and Matevzic photos please

and the most funniest!!!

End you have twice Loit :p
You'll get them tomorrow, I'm too tired today.
And I don't have the best pics of those, except for Tamira.

Edited. :p

TTomek
Sep 21st, 2006, 08:22 PM
You'll get them tomorrow, I'm too tired today.
And I don't have the best pics of those, except for Tamira.

Edited. :p
then go to sleep Milan :hug:

Europe rocks
Sep 21st, 2006, 08:42 PM
Matevzic pics please :inlove: Her last tournament :sad: Great report Milan! :yeah:

TheAllan
Sep 21st, 2006, 09:04 PM
A huge crowd of 5 gathered to follow that match and at least 2 or 3 were from the Gajdosova/Stewart camp.
Must have been hard finding a seat - the extreme passion for doubles can sometimes be hard to contain. :tape:

Excellent reporting. :yeah:

Since Hlavackova's appearance was a recurring theme of your report, it would be nice to see some "photographic evidence". Would be very grateful if you could also post pics of Bychkova, Pironkova, Iveta, Jarmila, and Martina M. Or just a couple of them - depending on which ones you are happy about.

CooCooCachoo
Sep 21st, 2006, 09:41 PM
Thank you. :lol:

And I know, but I noticed him, before you told me about him, as I was standing near him during the Loit match and he was shouting brava Emilie, brava. :lol:

:unsure:

He is a lunatic :cuckoo: :lol:

andrewbroad
Sep 21st, 2006, 10:10 PM
As I don't feel like uploading all 150+ pics I took, I'm just gonna upload those of players people want to see
So I have pics of following players:
Oprandi
Klepac
Paszek
Benesova
Loit
Ondraskova
Camerin
Gagliardi
Hlavackova
Kurhajcova
Drake
Müller
Birnerova
Kosinska
Gajdosova
Stewart
Pironkova
Bychkova
Srebotnik
Matevzic
Krizan
Quality of pics of some players is not the best though (stupid sun :rolleyes: )

In order of 'wantment':
1. Benešová
2. Pironkova
3. Camerin
4. Ondrášková
5. Srebotnik

--
Dr. Andrew Broad
http://geocities.com/andrewbroad/ (http://geocities.com/andrewbroad/)
http://geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/ (http://geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/)

tobi
Sep 21st, 2006, 10:40 PM
awesome report Milan :worship:

Emilie Loit photos please when u can upload :angel: ;)

Tennace
Sep 21st, 2006, 10:52 PM
"Wantment Order" :lol:

1- Benesova
2- Ondraskova
3- Hlavackova

SloKid
Sep 22nd, 2006, 08:15 AM
Ok, I'll be leaving for Portoroz in about half an hour.
Will write a report and try to upload some pics tonight, depending on when I get back home. :)
I'll be watching parts of all matches on schedule:
Sucha vs. Camerin
Klepac vs. Paszek
Camerin/Gagliardi vs. Hradecka/Voracova
Loit/Gajdosova
Muller vs. Garbin
Gajdosova/Stewart vs. Birnerova/Loit

SloKid
Sep 22nd, 2006, 07:38 PM
Second day report!

I got to the complex 5 minutes before the start of first match. I saw Paszek was practicing on one of the practice courts and Loit was already on grandstand waiting for her match, Jarka came a bit later. While the two were warming up, I saw someone was practicing on Court B, so I went to check that out. I found Hradecka, wearing next to nothing (yes, I have pics) and Voracova getting a morning hit in, before their doubles match in the afternoon.

I returned to grandstand to follow Jarka and Emilie.
Jarka got off to a good start with a break, but it didn't continue. Most of points ended either with a Jarka error (esp. on her BH side) or a FH DTL winner by Emilie. At one point Emilie won 12 out of 13 points and had another love game later as she took the first set 6-3.
At that point I moved over to centre court to follow Camerin and Sucha, it turned out to be a quality match. I got there with MEC leading *4-3 in the first set. Sucha was dictating the play most of time, both covered the court well, which provided for some long rallies, one lasted over 40 strokes at one point. Whenever MEC was on the stretch she successfully moonballed herself out of trouble. Sucha probably never heard of volleying and hitting smashes, all she did was hit drive volleys of both wings, once she attempted a smash and it hit the bottom of the net. Four consecutive breaks of serves followed at 4-3. At 6-5 MEC was serving for the set for the second time, Sucha had bps, but made BH errors on all three, she wanted to end the points too quickly. In the end MEC managed to close it out. To give you an idea of the length of this match, after watchin 5 games of it, I returned to grandstand to find Jarka 2 mps down at *3-5.
She saved them, but Emilie got to Ad for mp#3 and closed out the match 6-3, 6-3. Unfortunately I missed the whole of second set, but there apparently was some slight controversy as Jarka's coach got penalised for coaching, well Jarka got penalised cause of it. After the match her coach talked to one of the supervisors saying he was only saying "good shot" etc and as far as I've heard him talk during matches that's all he says, so I don't see how he got a coaching warning for that, there might've been a point penalty as well. After that he also approached Emilie and her coach to explain the whole thing and in the end he said, that he won't take nothing away from Emilie's victory, as she played well and congratulated her.
At that point after seeing all that I went to CC, where MEC just got broken back for 2 all and since I would've had to wait on the stairs for a game, until the next changeover, I went back outside, where Muller and Garbin started warming up.
Garbin was unhappy with a few calls early on and on one serve she said to the linesjudge that the line counts as in, but Muller smiled and said that the ball was indeed out and showed the margin. Garbin also complained about the kids making noise on a nearby court, where I guess some tournament for kids went on, and she had a point, kids were really loud and cheering for some kid named Richie or sth, no it wasn't Gasquet. :p
After watching the Garbin match for a while I got back to CC as Sucha was leading 4-3 and then went 5-3 up. She improved her game, made less errors, but from then on allowed MEC to get back into the set and tied it at 5 all. Martina then held for 6-5 and took the set after a long long game that went to a couple of deuces.
Both times I went to CC I was sitting next to Sucha's coach, who was always saying stuff to support her in Slovakian of course, but he was basically saying come on, just play etc. A few times he got upset, when MEC's shots that seemed out weren't called, he said something at the chair umpire, but I doubt she heared him and then later on also discussed something shortly with the linesjudge that made the mistake. He also got a bit pissed off, when Martina made the same mistakes, like when she hit a few BH slices into the net and he kept saying just to keep them high so they go over.
When Sucha won the set 7-5, I returned to Grandstand, where Tax already took the first set 6-2 and was 3-1 up in the second. She seemed to have the match under control and had more variety in her game. But Muller would keep fighting and got back to 3 all. Garbin then raised her game again and Muller only got one point in the next to game. Muller managed to hold for 4-5. At that point the match seemed over, when Garbin was serving for it at *5-4, as Tax had little trouble holding serve before that, but Muller easily broke serve hitting some nice shots and also forcing errors from Garbin. At this point Tax was very vocal, shouting after some points, either if she won them or lost and you could also hear how her sometimes annoying grunt got louder as the set progressed. But Muller then got broken again, making silly mistakes and she said after that game to herself that there was no concentration in that game at all.
As Tax was about to serve for the match I quickly jumped to CC during that changeover and as I saw that MEC was *4-1 up in the FS I decided to stay for that and follow it until the end. The last two games, were like the match itself, long rallies, players retrieving everything, but fatigue started to show for Sucha, who made more errors, despite that she had chances in both games, but couldn't keep her cool in crucial moments, so after over 3 hours of play MEC closed the match out 7-5 5-7 6-1.
Next on CC was Klepac vs. Paszek, so the stadium was filling up with people wanting to see the last home player left. I left though, as I wanted to see Jarka's doubles match on the Grandstand court with Stewart against Birnerova and Loit. Again a very small crowd followed that match, anywhere from 10 to 15 people, at least half were tournament officials or coaches of players playing. I sat right behind Jarka's and Bryanne's chair, like a meter away. They won the first few games, but managed just won for the rest of the set. Both struggled with groundstrokes and couldn't get their game going.
After that set I quickly went to CC to see how Klepac vs. Paszek was coming along. As I came Tamira had just won the set 6-4 and took a toilet break. As I came on the side of the stadium, that was packed with people and I would have to sit in like the last row, I quickly got out and ran to get in the other side, before the play resumed. I got there in time and sat in the front row. I only watched three games of that one though. Andreja made too many errors, Tamira struggled a bit with the serve, but she wasn't happy with a few calls and she showed it. She kept pumping her fist and talking stuff. Both players had good support from the crowd. And despite Andreja losing it was still her best tournament so far.
I left after those three games with Tamira leading *2-1, she won the second set 6-2.
I got back to the doubles match and sat at the same place as before. During one changeover in the second set I was clapping and cheering Jarka and Bryanne and Jarka looked at me smiling and she seemed surprised that anyone would bother watching that match and actually cheering :lol:
Jarka and Bryanne were a break down, but broke back immediately and then took a 5-4* lead. They couldn't break for the set and had another chance at *6-5. They got to 0-40, but wasted all 3 sps. Esp. the second one was rather unlucky. I think it was Birnerova that hit a baseline shot that was going out, Jarka was at the net and stretched her racquet out in the air, it was an instict move and before she could pull it back down, as she realised the ball was going long it was too late as it clipped the frame. They had a fourth sp too, but couldn't convert it either and the second set went to a tb.
Loit and Birnerova got an early lead, but then at 3-5 down Jarka and Bryanne tied it. There it seemed that they could possibly finally take the set. But Emilie and Eva had a first mp at 6-5, which was saved by a wonderful drop volley from Stewart after a powerful FH from Loit, who just nodded kind of like she wanted to say too good. But let's face it, everyone who was there could see that that shot was 80% fluke, 15% luck and 5% skill. :lol:
Unfortunately for Jarka and Bryanne their magic ended there, as they lost the next two points with two errors. Jarka was still kind enough to give me an autograph after the match and tried to smile, while doing it even though she was visibly disappointed. Her coach kept the two on court for minutes after the match and they talked about the match again just like the day before. I saw him writing stuff down all the time, esp. during her singles match.
During the last few games of the match I could see Hradecka and Voracova warming up on the court next to Grandstand, right behind me, then they peaked through the stands to see the end of that match.
After a short break I went to watch their match against Camerin and Gagliardi.
It didn't last long as MEC took a medical timeout and recieved treatment on her back at 2-1 and then the trainer came back on at 2-3, but MEC decided to give up, probably as a precaution as she plays in the singles semis tomorrow.
I did see some interesting stuff in those 5 games. Firstly Hradecka hit a few very good BH DTL return winners and her serve was very strong. In the last game of the match she hit 2 aces and had 3 or 4 in her two service games and all points in that last game were set up by her powerful serve. Her doubles partenr though has a quite funny service motion, where she puts the racquet above her head, before throwing the ball, she looks rather stiff in doing it.
As MEC retired I went quickly to get a better position to take pics and took quite a few of Hradecka and Voracova, I think they stayed on CC to practice after that.
I left then not noticing that I left my backpack in all the rush. :lol:
I noticed like some 5 minutes later and ran back only to see a security guard carrying stuff people forgot out, so I told him it's my backpack and he said I have to prove it, so I said what's inside and showed it and he gave it back to me.
After that I just sat around waiting for my lift, I saw Tamira was celebrating with her camp in the nearby restaurant, I think she had the most people around her, not surprising as this tournament is relatively close to Austria.
I saw Garbing walking around, she was also watching MEC's dubz match, MEC then came out and took her racquets to get strung, she didn't seem to be injured too badly.
I also saw Krizan walking around and driving out and back to the complex in her BMW X3 given to her by her sponsor, she actually has a better sponsor car than Kata, what world are we living in? Seriously...:lol: :p
Well that's it, today I took pics of all players I saw playing so besides those I already had yesterday I also got Hradecka, Voracova, Sucha and Garbin.
I will now upload the pics of players I got requests yesterday. :p
I'm not sure if I'll go tomorrow, but if I do you'll get another enormous report like today.
I hope you enjoyed it. :)

-sugi-
Sep 22nd, 2006, 07:46 PM
Thankyou :)

Can I also ask for some Lubomira Kurhajcova pictures to be uploaded? :D

Escape
Sep 22nd, 2006, 07:53 PM
Excellent report :worship:
can you please upload MEC pic :angel:

Breakaway
Sep 22nd, 2006, 07:57 PM
Great reports Milan :yeah: Thanks :)

SloKid
Sep 22nd, 2006, 08:14 PM
As I said some of these pics didn't come out all too good cause of the light etc, but I think some of you will find something you like. :p
Hlavackova
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n254/SloKid/WTA%20Portoroz%202006/IMG_2385.jpg
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n254/SloKid/WTA%20Portoroz%202006/IMG_2281.jpg
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n254/SloKid/WTA%20Portoroz%202006/IMG_2284.jpg

Matevzic
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n254/SloKid/WTA%20Portoroz%202006/IMG_2400.jpg
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n254/SloKid/WTA%20Portoroz%202006/IMG_2399.jpg

Bychkova
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n254/SloKid/WTA%20Portoroz%202006/IMG_2337.jpg

Kurhajcova
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n254/SloKid/WTA%20Portoroz%202006/IMG_2282.jpg
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n254/SloKid/WTA%20Portoroz%202006/IMG_2314.jpg

Pironkova
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n254/SloKid/WTA%20Portoroz%202006/IMG_2336.jpg

Benesova
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n254/SloKid/WTA%20Portoroz%202006/IMG_2346.jpg
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n254/SloKid/WTA%20Portoroz%202006/IMG_2350.jpg

Camerin
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n254/SloKid/WTA%20Portoroz%202006/IMG_2341.jpg

Kosinska
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n254/SloKid/WTA%20Portoroz%202006/IMG_2264.jpg
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n254/SloKid/WTA%20Portoroz%202006/IMG_2263.jpg

SloKid
Sep 22nd, 2006, 08:14 PM
If you find these pics too big, I can edit them and add direct links. :)

SloKid
Sep 22nd, 2006, 08:38 PM
Gajdosova
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n254/SloKid/WTA%20Portoroz%202006/IMG_2440.jpg
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n254/SloKid/WTA%20Portoroz%202006/IMG_2298.jpg
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n254/SloKid/WTA%20Portoroz%202006/IMG_2426.jpg

Loit
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n254/SloKid/WTA%20Portoroz%202006/IMG_2318.jpg
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n254/SloKid/WTA%20Portoroz%202006/IMG_2439.jpg
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n254/SloKid/WTA%20Portoroz%202006/IMG_2461.jpg

Ondraskova
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n254/SloKid/WTA%20Portoroz%202006/IMG_2256.jpg
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n254/SloKid/WTA%20Portoroz%202006/IMG_2255.jpg

Camerin
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n254/SloKid/WTA%20Portoroz%202006/IMG_2583.jpg
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n254/SloKid/WTA%20Portoroz%202006/IMG_2570.jpg

Paszek
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n254/SloKid/WTA%20Portoroz%202006/IMG_2541.jpg
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n254/SloKid/WTA%20Portoroz%202006/IMG_2327.jpg

Klepac
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n254/SloKid/WTA%20Portoroz%202006/IMG_2534.jpg
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n254/SloKid/WTA%20Portoroz%202006/IMG_2531.jpg

Muller
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n254/SloKid/WTA%20Portoroz%202006/IMG_2465.jpg
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n254/SloKid/WTA%20Portoroz%202006/IMG_2467.jpg

Srebotnik
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n254/SloKid/WTA%20Portoroz%202006/IMG_2315.jpg

SloKid
Sep 22nd, 2006, 08:39 PM
I have many more and some are better than these, but since you were sooo impatient I uploaded them quickly and will go through the rest tomorrow and upload some others. That's it for today. :)

Europe rocks
Sep 22nd, 2006, 09:34 PM
Second day report!

Sucha probably never heard of volleying and hitting smashes, all she did was hit drive volleys of both wings, once she attempted a smash and it hit the bottom of the net.

She's not the only one :o :lol: Great report Milan and thanks for all the pics :hug: :)

tobi
Sep 22nd, 2006, 11:55 PM
Awesome again :worship:

Thanx Milan :)

jrm
Sep 23rd, 2006, 12:35 AM
We can all see where were you aiming at with Paszek and Klepac :devil:

Bychkova looks like that nowadays???

Maja looked so thin when she played dubz ... what, no pics of Krizan :devil: (i'm sure Tijn would appreciate one or two)

tucker1989
Sep 23rd, 2006, 01:30 AM
Great reports and pics!

I think that Loit looks so much better when she wears that hat, she looks kind of cute!

SloKid
Sep 23rd, 2006, 07:41 AM
We can all see where were you aiming at with Paszek and Klepac :devil:

Bychkova looks like that nowadays???

Maja looked so thin when she played dubz ... what, no pics of Krizan :devil: (i'm sure Tijn would appreciate one or two)
I did not aim at anything. :p

Yeah, I think she thought I was taking a pic of her just cause she's a tennis player and that I didn't know who she was. :lol:

Oh and I already told Martijn I took some pics of her just for him. :tape: :tape: :lol:

SloKid
Sep 23rd, 2006, 08:11 AM
Some more pics:
Birnerova & Loit
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n254/SloKid/WTA%20Portoroz%202006/IMG_2423.jpg

Birnerova
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n254/SloKid/WTA%20Portoroz%202006/IMG_2517.jpg
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n254/SloKid/WTA%20Portoroz%202006/IMG_2424.jpg

Voracova
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n254/SloKid/WTA%20Portoroz%202006/IMG_2429.jpg
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n254/SloKid/WTA%20Portoroz%202006/IMG_2602.jpg
and her serve
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n254/SloKid/WTA%20Portoroz%202006/IMG_2560.jpg

Drake & Muller
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n254/SloKid/WTA%20Portoroz%202006/IMG_2378.jpg

Stewart
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n254/SloKid/WTA%20Portoroz%202006/IMG_2522.jpg

Hradecka
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n254/SloKid/WTA%20Portoroz%202006/IMG_2558.jpg
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n254/SloKid/WTA%20Portoroz%202006/IMG_2552.jpg
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n254/SloKid/WTA%20Portoroz%202006/IMG_2437.jpg
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n254/SloKid/WTA%20Portoroz%202006/IMG_2436.jpg

Oprandi
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n254/SloKid/WTA%20Portoroz%202006/IMG_2295.jpg

Loit
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n254/SloKid/WTA%20Portoroz%202006/IMG_2271.jpg

Gajdosova's coach explaining the coaching thing to Loit and her coach.
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n254/SloKid/WTA%20Portoroz%202006/IMG_2464.jpg

Sucha
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n254/SloKid/WTA%20Portoroz%202006/IMG_2481.jpg

Garbin
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n254/SloKid/WTA%20Portoroz%202006/IMG_2476.jpg

rrfnpump
Sep 23rd, 2006, 09:09 AM
Renata's serve is so cool :cool: :p

Milan :bowdown:

SloKid
Sep 23rd, 2006, 08:01 PM
Saturday report!

So people, I know you have been dying to read this. :p
First match of the day was Loit vs. Paszek.
I got there at 2 all and had to wait for the changeover. I was a bit late as I wasn't sure if I was going until the last moment. So in that game I had to watch from the stairs, Tamira went 0-40 up on Emilie's serve. Emilie saved those bps, but still got broken in the game.
On previous days centre court tickets allowed you to sit anywhere you wanted, well today (and tomorrow) your seat gets marked on the ticket, so I got there and saw that my spot was in that last row and I was like no way I'm sitting there and since the stadium was half empty (or half full if you're an optimist :p) I decided to sit closer to the court.
Emilie found a way to neutralise Tamira's big hitting and her crosscourt short BH slice was poison for Tamira, whenever Emilie was in trouble.
But Emilie also struggled on her groundstrokes, she did manage to get through the set though. It was visible by the end of it that she had some wrist problems, she kept adjusting her strapping under her sweatband.
Oh and proof that karma is a bitch, Emilie tried to get rid of a fly that was flying around her as she was about to serve and then squashed it. Well, needless to say she doublefaulted after it. :)
Emilie called for the trainer after getting broken at the start of the second set and took a medical timeout. She got her wrist flexed a bit and restrapped. Meanwhile Tamira was hitting some serves to stay prepared and keep the intensity.
As play resumed it was clear that Emilie was struggling and it was very visible when she was serving at *0-2. Her serves were slow and pedestrian like, just trying to get them in and Tamira pounded on them. So at 15-40 Emilie decided she can't go on and retired. Tamira left the court happy and who can blame her, first WTA final. :)

Second match was Camerin vs. Garbin.
Tax came to the court entrance first and stood around there for a while. Next to the door was a man in a wheel chair and Tax took out a sweatband from her bag and gave it to him, he asked if she could sign it and she did and put it on his hand. Very sweet. :)
During the announcing of the players the public announcer said that Garbin was 31 and when he said it in Italian, the Garbin camp started laughing and Tax shouted out, I'm 29, so the announcer said: I have just been told it's 29. :lol:
It was also clear that Tax and MEC get along well, they were goofing around, when they were shown where to stand for the start of live broadcast.
But when the match started both were hyped and ready to go.
MEC was in a better form on the day. Garbin's shots lacked depth and rarely got MEC out of her comfort zone. MEC was also playing more aggressively than against Sucha, trying to make her shots count more. She took a 4-2 lead, but Tax got back to 4 all. Next three games went with serve, when MEC finally made the breakthrough and took the set 7-5.
That previous karma theory was proven wrong in this set as Tax saved a bug with a help of a linesjudge who took it off court. She then made an UE, hit a DF and got broken in the end. That sucked, I mean come on, she saved the bug and not squashed it. :sad: :p
In the second set Garbin lost the plot a bit. MEC held with more ease and all Garbin's service games were close and in most it seemed that MEC got to a 0-30 lead.
Funniest part of the match was in the last game, when Tax served and the ball hit the net and according to the linesjudge went out. Tax complained a bit and MEC told her "Li ho pagati io" - I paid them. Tax asked: "Quanto li hai dato" - How much did you give them? :lol:
The crowd started laughing and MEC was saying to Tax that it's ok, it's a first serve, but Garbin said no, if the call was out, then it will be the second serve.
After the point before that one, which MEC one, Garbin shouted out "Camerooon" :lol:
The last two points of the match went rather quickly. First Garbin hit an ace, but on second mp she hit a DF to end it. MEC didn't really celebrate much and both hugged warmly at the net.
As they left the court it was announced that the doubles final between Hradecka/Voracova and Birnerova/Loit won't be played due to Emilie's injury, so the trophy ceremony took place.
When Birnerova gave her speech, she by mistake said she wants Emilie's injury to go on. :tape:
Emilie aplogised to the crowd and said she'll come back next year. :)
And Voracova said that she'll be happy to come back to defend her title....
...next week. :tape: The announcer then said "next year even" :lol:
After the ceremony I left the centre court and saw outside that Maja Matevzic was leaving with Tina Krizan, I really wanted a pic of Maja, but since Tina was with her I had to take a pic of both, since I didn't want to come off rude. :p
And then as I walked towards the car, I saw a Toyota with Czech license plates and it was Hradecka and Voracova driving off, I guess Hradecka got to Portoroz with her car. :cool:

Well that was my final report from Portoroz as I will not be going to the final tomorrow, I hope you enjoyed reading them for the past three days. :)
I will also now post the pics I got today from the doubles trophy ceremony and the pic of Maja and Tina. :)

SloKid
Sep 23rd, 2006, 08:22 PM
Hradecka/Voracova (doubles winners)
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n254/SloKid/WTA%20Portoroz%202006/IMG_2685.jpg
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n254/SloKid/WTA%20Portoroz%202006/IMG_2687.jpg

Birnerova/Loit (doubles finalists)
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n254/SloKid/WTA%20Portoroz%202006/IMG_2682.jpg
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n254/SloKid/WTA%20Portoroz%202006/IMG_2681.jpg
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n254/SloKid/WTA%20Portoroz%202006/IMG_2680.jpg

All four finalists
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n254/SloKid/WTA%20Portoroz%202006/IMG_2690.jpg

Matevzic and Krizan
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n254/SloKid/WTA%20Portoroz%202006/IMG_2695.jpg

SloKid
Sep 23rd, 2006, 08:31 PM
Links to pics on the first page fixed, all should be visible now. :)

If you still have any pic requests, I'll see what I can do.

tobi
Sep 24th, 2006, 12:12 AM
Awesome Milan :worship:

Thanx :)

jrm
Sep 24th, 2006, 12:39 AM
Sight of Krizan will give a nightmare (and i watched Carrie tonight :haha: )

SloKid
Sep 24th, 2006, 10:05 AM
Today I'm gonna upload a few short clips I took with my camera (sound is a bit out of sync with the picture probably). :)

MEC on match point against Garbin:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQo1JPk_k14

Trophy presentation to the winners, Voracova's speech:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbkO0IRIe8A

Birnerova's speech, start of Loit's:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xTJc2RWOhE

MEC during the warm-up:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPBDyEDhSw8

Garbin during a rally against MEC:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD2c10ARTpk

Garbin during her match with Muller, changing racquets:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x72UYYkcHVs

Paszek rally during her match with Klepac:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAOYV9kYCjg

Klepac clip during her match with Paszek:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygCnN-_y0Us

Sucha rally during her match with MEC:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI_tQDk2XRk

ozfan44
Sep 24th, 2006, 10:17 AM
Thanks for reports

especially bout gajdosova/stewart

SloKid
Sep 24th, 2006, 11:22 AM
Clips uploaded. :)

Links to all posts with reports, pics, clips in the first post. :)

CooCooCachoo
Sep 25th, 2006, 11:33 PM
Saturday report!

So people, I know you have been dying to read this. :p
First match of the day was Loit vs. Paszek.
I got there at 2 all and had to wait for the changeover. I was a bit late as I wasn't sure if I was going until the last moment. So in that game I had to watch from the stairs, Tamira went 0-40 up on Emilie's serve. Emilie saved those bps, but still got broken in the game.
On previous days centre court tickets allowed you to sit anywhere you wanted, well today (and tomorrow) your seat gets marked on the ticket, so I got there and saw that my spot was in that last row and I was like no way I'm sitting there and since the stadium was half empty (or half full if you're an optimist :p) I decided to sit closer to the court.
Emilie found a way to neutralise Tamira's big hitting and her crosscourt short BH slice was poison for Tamira, whenever Emilie was in trouble.
But Emilie also struggled on her groundstrokes, she did manage to get through the set though. It was visible by the end of it that she had some wrist problems, she kept adjusting her strapping under her sweatband.
Oh and proof that karma is a bitch, Emilie tried to get rid of a fly that was flying around her as she was about to serve and then squashed it. Well, needless to say she doublefaulted after it. :)
Emilie called for the trainer after getting broken at the start of the second set and took a medical timeout. She got her wrist flexed a bit and restrapped. Meanwhile Tamira was hitting some serves to stay prepared and keep the intensity.
As play resumed it was clear that Emilie was struggling and it was very visible when she was serving at *0-2. Her serves were slow and pedestrian like, just trying to get them in and Tamira pounded on them. So at 15-40 Emilie decided she can't go on and retired. Tamira left the court happy and who can blame her, first WTA final. :)

Second match was Camerin vs. Garbin.
Tax came to the court entrance first and stood around there for a while. Next to the door was a man in a wheel chair and Tax took out a sweatband from her bag and gave it to him, he asked if she could sign it and she did and put it on his hand. Very sweet. :)
During the announcing of the players the public announcer said that Garbin was 31 and when he said it in Italian, the Garbin camp started laughing and Tax shouted out, I'm 29, so the announcer said: I have just been told it's 29. :lol:
It was also clear that Tax and MEC get along well, they were goofing around, when they were shown where to stand for the start of live broadcast.
But when the match started both were hyped and ready to go.
MEC was in a better form on the day. Garbin's shots lacked depth and rarely got MEC out of her comfort zone. MEC was also playing more aggressively than against Sucha, trying to make her shots count more. She took a 4-2 lead, but Tax got back to 4 all. Next three games went with serve, when MEC finally made the breakthrough and took the set 7-5.
That previous karma theory was proven wrong in this set as Tax saved a bug with a help of a linesjudge who took it off court. She then made an UE, hit a DF and got broken in the end. That sucked, I mean come on, she saved the bug and not squashed it. :sad: :p
In the second set Garbin lost the plot a bit. MEC held with more ease and all Garbin's service games were close and in most it seemed that MEC got to a 0-30 lead.
Funniest part of the match was in the last game, when Tax served and the ball hit the net and according to the linesjudge went out. Tax complained a bit and MEC told her "Li ho pagati io" - I paid them. Tax asked: "Quanto li hai dato" - How much did you give them? :lol:
The crowd started laughing and MEC was saying to Tax that it's ok, it's a first serve, but Garbin said no, if the call was out, then it will be the second serve.
After the point before that one, which MEC one, Garbin shouted out "Camerooon" :lol:
The last two points of the match went rather quickly. First Garbin hit an ace, but on second mp she hit a DF to end it. MEC didn't really celebrate much and both hugged warmly at the net.
As they left the court it was announced that the doubles final between Hradecka/Voracova and Birnerova/Loit won't be played due to Emilie's injury, so the trophy ceremony took place.
When Birnerova gave her speech, she by mistake said she wants Emilie's injury to go on. :tape:
Emilie aplogised to the crowd and said she'll come back next year. :)
And Voracova said that she'll be happy to come back to defend her title....
...next week. :tape: The announcer then said "next year even" :lol:
After the ceremony I left the centre court and saw outside that Maja Matevzic was leaving with Tina Krizan, I really wanted a pic of Maja, but since Tina was with her I had to take a pic of both, since I didn't want to come off rude. :p
And then as I walked towards the car, I saw a Toyota with Czech license plates and it was Hradecka and Voracova driving off, I guess Hradecka got to Portoroz with her car. :cool:

Well that was my final report from Portoroz as I will not be going to the final tomorrow, I hope you enjoyed reading them for the past three days. :)
I will also now post the pics I got today from the doubles trophy ceremony and the pic of Maja and Tina. :)

MEC & Tax :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Thank you for the nice photos, videos and reports Milan :worship: And for keeping me up to date when I was in Luxembourg :bowdown:

You rockz.

CooCooCachoo
Sep 25th, 2006, 11:34 PM
That hug of Tax and Maria Elena is so sweet :inlove:

TheAllan
Sep 27th, 2006, 05:23 PM
Fab job: reports, pics - and even vids!

Hlavackova - I see what you mean. :D Very nice portrait of Pironkova.