(4)Nicole Vaidisova vs Bye
Ai Sugiyama vs Q
Shuai Peng vs Catalina Castano
Gisela Dulko vs (8)Maria Kirilenko

(2)Svetlana Kuznetsova vs Bye
Zi Yan vs Q
Elena Vesnina vs Emma Laine
Q vs(7) Na Li

Chakvetadze could be a tricky opening match for Lindsay, so she'll need to be sharp. Should she meet Amelie in the QFs (who herself has a difficult 2nd round against Zvonareva), I'd give Lindsay the edge, purely because she's so dominant in their H2H, and it's a hard court.

lindsayno1
Sep 16th, 2006, 04:26 PM
cool, if she even shows up!

hurricanejeanne
Sep 16th, 2006, 04:31 PM
cool, if she even shows up!

yeah...I was thinking the same thing... :tape:

TennisPlayingFox
Sep 16th, 2006, 05:04 PM
Tough opener! I think if she get's through that though she'll be fine. Good luck Lindsay!

Bayo
Sep 16th, 2006, 05:31 PM
Best of luck (as always) to Lindsay.

MH0861
Sep 16th, 2006, 05:47 PM
Let's play a bit better here, please.

TennisFan12047
Sep 16th, 2006, 05:52 PM
Definitely a tougher field than Bali, but also definitely do-able. Tough opener against Chakvetadze, but if Lindsay comes out sharp then she should pull out the win in straights. From then on, it looks like Amelie in the QF and either Petrova or Jankovic in the SF. This tourney is a great test for Lindsay. I think we'll get to see if she can still play with some of the young guns (possibly Jankovic or Vaidisova if Lindz can get that far).
I'd like to see Lindsay come through her half and get another shot at Sveta, but we'll see how it goes.
Good Luck Lindsay!!
Let's get it rollin and pick up some momentum before the AO!

mike/topgun
Sep 16th, 2006, 07:18 PM
A very tough draw:(
I won't be surprised if Lindsay loses to Anna in the opener:p

This is actually a good opportunity for Lindsay to win a title, so was Bali and we know how it ended in singles...
IMO The Chinease Wall and stuff are gonna be more exciting for Lindsay than the tennis event itself:lol:
However, if she's playing doubles with Corina again we can expect a good run from them;)

Go Lindsay/Corina:bounce:

Lindsayfan32
Sep 16th, 2006, 10:57 PM
Great draw nowhere near Kuzzy and she got Momo in her quater but not really liking the first round much Anna is a much improved player and I totally agree could give Lindsay trouble. I hope she does well this will be her last chance for a while to put on new points as she is defending champ Zurich even though she playing in Linz and Germany aswell. When will Lindsay play her 1st round?

MH0861
Sep 16th, 2006, 11:30 PM
Great draw nowhere near Kuzzy and she got Momo in her quater but not really liking the first round much Anna is a much improved player and I totally agree could give Lindsay trouble. I hope she does well this will be her last chance for a while to put on new points as she is defending champ Zurich even though she playing in Linz and Germany aswell. When will Lindsay play her 1st round?

She's playing in Stuttgart?

LDF
Sep 16th, 2006, 11:34 PM

She's not picking up points here though, because her Stuttgart points will come off - if you think about it, she's defending her points from Filderstadt in Beijing instead ;)

hurricanejeanne
Sep 16th, 2006, 11:41 PM
She's not picking up points here though, because her Stuttgart points will come off - if you think about it, she's defending her points from Filderstadt in Beijing instead ;)

Yup. ;)
And she's not playing Stuttgart/Filderstadt.

I hope that this loss will make Lindsay see what she specifically needs to improve upon, mainly her ability to close the big points out...closing out sets.
If she had played a shred better today she probably would have won, just too many errors.
I just hope she stays around a bit longer too. :)

lindsayno1
Sep 17th, 2006, 11:20 AM
ugh lindsay owns filderstadt...

Elldee
Sep 17th, 2006, 01:13 PM
The seedings just look WRONG.

Frederic
Sep 17th, 2006, 02:33 PM
I agree with you. But now, I hope that Lindsay will be able to win another title. By the way, I fear that Lindsay won't play the YEC because of a to low ranking... Can she reach 8th place until late october?

LDF
Sep 17th, 2006, 02:39 PM
I agree with you. But now, I hope that Lindsay will be able to win another title. By the way, I fear that Lindsay won't play the YEC because of a to low ranking... Can she reach 8th place until late october?

Lindsay will be 22nd in the race after this tournament, more than 800 points off 8th place. She won't qualify.

hurricanejeanne
Sep 17th, 2006, 04:15 PM
1. For Lindsay to have a shot at qualifing she would basically have had to win everything she played/plays this fall. Point wise she'd have to have won Bali, win Beijing, Zurich, and Moscow (both of which she's isn't playing). Its possible, but it's out of her mind now, so oh well.

2. I loved Filderstadt and how well she always played there but the reason she isn't playing this year is scheduling really.
Her schedule: New Haven, USO, Bali, Beijing. There's only a week between Beijing and Stutgartt. There's no way she'll fly home for a week or less after playing five weeks straight and then fly back to Europe. So she's essentially defending Filderstadt in Beijing, as LDF said.

3. Agreed, I cannot get used to her low ranking. Sigh, we were spoiled for such a long time with her being number one.

Elldee
Sep 18th, 2006, 09:45 AM
Even if Lindsay could, which she can't, she ain't gonna wanna qualify for the YEC in Madrid.

mike/topgun
Sep 18th, 2006, 10:40 AM
Unless like 4, or 5 people withdraw Lindsay has got no chance to qualify for YEC. She prolly doesn't give a f**k about flying to Madrid, so who cares anyways. Though it'd be the first time that Lindsay won't qualify for the YEC in like 13 years, or so?That's amazing:p

QUEENLINDSAY
Sep 18th, 2006, 06:39 PM
she doesn't have a bye in the first round again, I'm not used to it.

She is not schedule tuesday and if she plays wednesday, its gonna be an everyday matches to the final then.

The Daviator
Sep 18th, 2006, 08:12 PM
she doesn't have a bye in the first round again, I'm not used to it.

She is not schedule tuesday and if she plays wednesday, its gonna be an everyday matches to the final then.

Well they had to give her the Wednesday match, since she was in Indonesia on Sunday, I hope Lindsay will be up for 5 matches in a row this time, she's got a break after this event, so hopefully that'll be a nice incentive if things get tight...

TennisFan12047
Sep 18th, 2006, 09:20 PM
So who knows Lindsay's schedule after Beijing?

QUEENLINDSAY
Sep 18th, 2006, 09:27 PM
So who knows Lindsay's schedule after Beijing?

she is only commited to linz!

hurricanejeanne
Sep 19th, 2006, 05:07 AM
We better get used to Lindsay playing tournaments without a bye because her ranking is just going to drop farther here on out. The math does NOT look good. She will be very lucky to finish the year in the top twenty. :sad:

Hard to believe a year ago she was fighting for the number one ranking.

IF she does decide to play next year however, even with a reduced schedule she won't be defending much. And can whore up the ranking points. But that's a whole nother issue.

Anyways, good luck against Chakvetadze. The match could be a mess if Linds is off her game again.

Lindsayfan32
Sep 19th, 2006, 06:47 AM
We better get used to Lindsay playing tournaments without a bye because her ranking is just going to drop farther here on out. The math does NOT look good. She will be very lucky to finish the year in the top twenty. :sad:

Hard to believe a year ago she was fighting for the number one ranking.

IF she does decide to play next year however, even with a reduced schedule she won't be defending much. And can whore up the ranking points. But that's a whole nother issue.

Anyways, good luck against Chakvetadze. The match could be a mess if Linds is off her game again.

Who cares where Lindsay is ranked at the end of the year at least she still play (for now anyway). If Lindsay plays on next year she will get back to the top 10. I don't care where Lindsay ranked I'm just glad she still playing and will enjoy here doing so until she retires. I will really miss her when she gone for good.

mike/topgun
Sep 19th, 2006, 09:09 AM
take 1 match at a time...I'm scared of Anna:scared: she is consistant!

hurricanejeanne
Sep 19th, 2006, 11:24 AM
Who cares where Lindsay is ranked at the end of the year at least she still play (for now anyway). If Lindsay plays on next year she will get back to the top 10. I don't care where Lindsay ranked I'm just glad she still playing and will enjoy here doing so until she retires. I will really miss her when she gone for good.
Oh, I completely agree with you on all the points, but it's just frustrating to see ranked so low. Like a lot of us have said 'it looks wierd'.
I agree, if she plays next year, even thru to the USO or something she will regain top ten.
I just don't want her to look at her lowest ranking since 1993 at the end of the year and get discouraged. I want her to stick around for a little while longer. I really want to see her play Wimbledon one last time and be healthy there.

And yes, Anna Chakvetadze makes me nervous. They played once last summer in New Haven and it was a routine score but not a routine match.

Veeko
Sep 19th, 2006, 11:27 AM
well,lindsay trained in Beijing in the afternoon,but it just lasted for one hour,because she was a bit tired,after that,she signed for her fans,she was nice and friendly

lindsayno1
Sep 19th, 2006, 01:55 PM
lol its a hard life dossing by the pool in bali for a week!!!

she doesnt train for ages nehoo

mike/topgun
Sep 19th, 2006, 04:12 PM
Lindsay is too old to practise more than 1 hour:lol: She's 14 years on tour, 51 titles...she knows what to do to win matches!
If she's fit then it's gonna be okay...:p
Hope she's not going to tank the first round and get her ticket to the Wall of China instead:smash:

:inlove:
Sep 19th, 2006, 07:36 PM
Chakvetadze? Consistent? :lol:

Good Luck Lindsay, expecting a final loss to Sveta. :help:

mike/topgun
Sep 19th, 2006, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by Hip-And-Happenin
Chakvetadze? Consistent? :lol:

Good Luck Lindsay, expecting a final loss to Sveta.:help:

Yes she is.:p Anna's a good and consistent player in terms of the game, not neccessarily the results. Don't know how fit she's atm, but normally she gets lots of balls back and places her shots well enough to give Lindsay a match, especially when the Dav's got an off day.;) Those off days become more often as the time goes by:help:
They've met last year in NH and it was not an easy one for Lindsay. Considering the current form of mrs Leach, the match can go either way for sure.

BTW We're not tanking two matches in a row to the Kuz.:smash:

LDF
Sep 19th, 2006, 10:39 PM
I don't know what to expect from Chakvetadze; sometimes she can play great tennis, but on other days she sprays balls all over the court. Lindsay handled her comfortably in New Haven last year, despite Anna playing quite a solid match. Anna just has the game that Lindsay likes - she gives her pace and doesn't really use too many angles. Unless she plays a blinder (or Lindsay is tired/off-form) I don't see her pulling off the upset :shrug:

Her second serve is very attackable, so I hope there'll be a lot of winners on the return :)

mike/topgun
Sep 19th, 2006, 11:00 PM
Originally Posted by LDF
I don't know what to expect from Chakvetadze; sometimes she can play great tennis, but on other days she sprays balls all over the court. Lindsay handled her comfortably in New Haven last year, despite Anna playing quite a solid match.
It was over a year ago;) and it was closer than the score.

Anna just has the game that Lindsay likes - she gives her pace and doesn't really use too many angles. Unless she plays a blinder (or Lindsay is tired/off-form) I don't see her pulling off the upset :shrug:
True. Lindsay would have to be in a real slump to lose, but who knows with her these days;) And Anna definitely can use some angles well, (or wrong-foot Lindsay with a dropshot) believe me, and especially on slower surfaces like this in Beijing. Lindsay must play aggressive to win.
Her second serve is very attackable, so I hope there'll be a lot of winners on the return:)
That'd be great to see.:p An aggressive Lindsay, going for her corners.

LDF
Sep 19th, 2006, 11:05 PM
Yeh, I do remember it being quite a close 6-3 6-3 (not entirely sure that's the right score). As you said, Lindsay just needs to do what does best; get the first strike in and be aggressive throughout.

I also remember that match because a guy shouted 'I love you Lindsay' very loudly - not a flicker from her :lol:

Lindsayfan32
Sep 19th, 2006, 11:13 PM
:hearts:Oh, I completely agree with you on all the points, but it's just frustrating to see ranked so low. Like a lot of us have said 'it looks wierd'.
I agree, if she plays next year, even thru to the USO or something she will regain top ten.
I just don't want her to look at her lowest ranking since 1993 at the end of the year and get discouraged. I want her to stick around for a little while longer. I really want to see her play Wimbledon one last time and be healthy there.

And yes, Anna Chakvetadze makes me nervous. They played once last summer in New Haven and it was a routine score but not a routine match.

I totally agree with you too. It's sad when you know injuries have held her back and we all know what she can do when she healthy for a long period of time, 2004 being a case in point. I totally believe if Lindsay decides to play next year she will get back to the top 10 providing she can stay healthy. I don't want to see her fade out either. I would rather see her retire sooner rather than later if that's going to happen. she deserves to be remebered as a great champion not a fading super star.

hurricanejeanne
Sep 19th, 2006, 11:32 PM
Yeh, I do remember it being quite a close 6-3 6-3 (not entirely sure that's the right score). As you said, Lindsay just needs to do what does best; get the first strike in and be aggressive throughout.

I also remember that match because a guy shouted 'I love you Lindsay' very loudly - not a flicker from her :lol:

That's the right score. ;)
I remember that match vividly for some reason, every little thing...and I do remember that guy shouting that out during the match, it was great :lol: .

But, yeah, against Anna, Lindsay needs to remain aggressive and not hit as many errors, she also needs to serve well. We'll see in a few hours.

And LF32, I agree. The injuries not only hold her tennis back but they also hold her confidence at bay. She questions herself on the big points more than normal. It's like she has to start all over again.
And I don't want her to fade away either, but I cannot see that happening. If she knows she isn't "good enough" anymore, she'll walk away. I want her to stick around as long as she's having good results and still wants to be out there. :)

MH0861
Sep 20th, 2006, 12:20 AM
That's the right score. ;)
I remember that match vividly for some reason, every little thing...and I do remember that guy shouting that out during the match, it was great :lol: .

But, yeah, against Anna, Lindsay needs to remain aggressive and not hit as many errors, she also needs to serve well. We'll see in a few hours.

And LF32, I agree. The injuries not only hold her tennis back but they also hold her confidence at bay. She questions herself on the big points more than normal. It's like she has to start all over again.
And I don't want her to fade away either, but I cannot see that happening. If she knows she isn't "good enough" anymore, she'll walk away. I want her to stick around as long as she's having good results and still wants to be out there. :)

The thing I remember about that match was Anna being a BITCH for some reason. :lol: I think she was leading on serve in the second or something and hit an ace and gave Lindsay like an effing staredown! :lol: Crazy. Lindsay should win 3 and 3 or so, I think... if she doesn't fall asleep.

hurricanejeanne
Sep 20th, 2006, 12:52 AM
The thing I remember about that match was Anna being a BITCH for some reason. :lol: I think she was leading on serve in the second or something and hit an ace and gave Lindsay like an effing staredown! :lol: Crazy. Lindsay should win 3 and 3 or so, I think... if she doesn't fall asleep.

Anna's a regular diva out there over anything though she'll cry on command, she's like the new Bepa in some respects. But yeah, I know what you're talking about. There was for some reason a lot of tension in that match and I don't know why to this day.
And :lol: at Lindsay falling asleep on court. Might happen. She should eat a banana. ;) :tape:

MH0861
Sep 20th, 2006, 02:18 AM
Anna's a regular diva out there over anything though she'll cry on command, she's like the new Bepa in some respects. But yeah, I know what you're talking about. There was for some reason a lot of tension in that match and I don't know why to this day.
And :lol: at Lindsay falling asleep on court. Might happen. She should eat a banana. ;) :tape:

I knew her name and such, but it was the first time I saw her play... and I was like: Are you Mary Pierce Jr? Get over yourself. :lol:

hurricanejeanne
Sep 20th, 2006, 02:38 AM
I knew her name and such, but it was the first time I saw her play... and I was like: Are you Mary Pierce Jr? Get over yourself. :lol:

Oh God, she totally reminds me of Mary, at first I thought it was just the braided pony tail, but she has some of Mah-ree's habits too and I like Mary...but it's a bit creepy how much she does remind me of her. That was also the first time I saw her play, I knew the name but nothing about her. I wasn't even gonna try and pronounce her name, I waited til the broadcast of the match to hear the commentators butcher it. :lol:

BMP
Sep 20th, 2006, 10:40 AM
Lindsay was 4-1 up but then got 4-4 ! :( Now it's 40-40 and I'm getting pissed :( Damn it!

The Daviator
Sep 20th, 2006, 10:41 AM
Lindsay was 4-1 up but then got 4-4 ! :( Now it's 40-40 and I'm getting pissed :( Damn it!

5-4 Anna :(

You better win this set Linds!

The Daviator
Sep 20th, 2006, 11:07 AM
Lindsay just played the most insane set. Ever.

Up a double break at *4-1, Chak then leads 5-4* and has 2 set points, Lindsay holds, breaks, then has 2 set points of her own, before losing serve and winning it on the tb :lol: :o

Easy second set Linds! Please!

lindsayno1
Sep 20th, 2006, 11:48 AM
ok i just got in from the gym and anna won 2nd set...what the hells happening!!

The Daviator
Sep 20th, 2006, 12:01 PM
Chaky just playing amazing stuff I think, Lindsay cannot break, even though AC has hit 10 double faults :o

2-2 in the 3rd

mike/topgun
Sep 20th, 2006, 12:08 PM
Fight Lindsay:bounce: make it 4-2!!!!!!!!:smash:

mike/topgun
Sep 20th, 2006, 12:21 PM
Well, it's 5-3 and Anna' serving to stay in this match.
Break her serve nNOW Lindsay!!!!!!:bounce:
it's not gonna happen as Anna serves well atm:(
but total of 12 dfs:eek:

Lindsay's stats are not that bad - 54% of 1st serves in, 63% points won on 1st and 44% points won on 2nd serve. 7 aces, 2 dfs. Quite solid.

*5-4 Lindsay serves for the match:scared:

MUST serve it out. Finish this match:bounce:

mike/topgun
Sep 20th, 2006, 12:30 PM
Lindsay saved 6 of 12 bps...
and now she's got a MP...
saved by Anna:(
another MP on 2nd serve, and it's saved...:smash:
-->2 hours and 24 minutes:eek:
ok, 3rd MP for Lindsay, oh and another second serve on a mp:baby: so Anna saved:(

great, Lindsay faces a bp:weirdo:

5-all:scared:

-->official result - Lindsay tanks:fiery:

Lindsayfan32
Sep 20th, 2006, 12:40 PM
Lindsay saved 6 of 12 bps...
and now she's got a MP...
saved by Anna:(
another MP on 2nd serve, and it's saved...:smash:
-->2 hours and 24 minutes:eek:
ok, 3rd MP for Lindsay, oh and another second serve on a mp:baby: so Anna saved:(

great, Lindsay faces a bp:weirdo:

5-all:scared:

-->official result - Lindsay tanks:fiery:

No she doesn't Lindsay wins 7-5 in the 3rd after her 4th or 5th match there were that many I lost count.

mike/topgun
Sep 20th, 2006, 12:41 PM
7-6(4), 3-6, 7-5

Winner - Davenport:banana: :baby: :smash:

what a thriller:eek: :rolleyes:

2h32 minutes:eek:

Tomorrow Lindsay's done, physically drained, oh and Zheng ain't making 13 dfs:weirdo: :scared:

The stats are average...Lindsay's not winning this tourny with such a game:(

The Daviator
Sep 20th, 2006, 12:41 PM
Lindsay! You just aged me 10 years!

Unbelievable epic match! She fought so well though :worship: The Lindsay of old wouldn't have come back after blowing those mps, although Anna's DF on BP did help :lol:

Still in the tournament well done :worship: She'll be very tired though! Match time was 2 and a 1/2 hours!

BMP
Sep 20th, 2006, 01:00 PM
I can't believe she didn't lose lol yeah, she got me aged too, and I was about to jump out of a window... whew... we avoided shame today, i hope tomorrow things will be better. Lindsay should finally wake up

TennisPlayingFox
Sep 20th, 2006, 01:23 PM
Nice win Lindsay! Looked like a crazy match! Good luck in your next match!

!<blocparty>!
Sep 20th, 2006, 05:42 PM
Lindsay won today.

hurricanejeanne
Sep 20th, 2006, 08:44 PM
Oh My, so she did win!!
I left for work at 7-6, 2-4 after that super long game where Linds had like 357358 break points or something. Needless to say my road rage was high this morning.
But did anyone see this match, I'm looking at the stats and they're pretty even except for the aces/double faults section.

I hope Lindsay went straight to bed afterwards. She's gotta be pooped.

And a congrats to Linds, after reading she dropped serve after three match points it sounded to familiar to the crap she pulled back 2002.
Don't do it again. Thanks. :)

lindsayno1
Sep 20th, 2006, 08:56 PM
Needless to say my road rage was high this morning.

:help: what!

Bayo
Sep 20th, 2006, 09:16 PM
LINDSAY!

Just thought I'd sing her praises. One down, four(?) to go.

hurricanejeanne
Sep 20th, 2006, 09:20 PM
:help: what!

lol, not as bad as you'd think.
I was already pissed about her dropping those break points and I was running late anyway so I had to break the speed limits in order to get to work on time. But I live in out in the middle of nowhere so it's okay.

I'm really not as crazy as you all think I am.

LDF
Sep 20th, 2006, 09:29 PM
lol, not as bad as you'd think.
I was already pissed about her dropping those break points and I was running late anyway so I had to break the speed limits in order to get to work on time. But I live in out in the middle of nowhere so it's okay.

I'm really not as crazy as you all think I am.

:unsure:

Just joking ;)

hurricanejeanne
Sep 20th, 2006, 09:43 PM
:unsure:

Just joking ;)

Hey! ;)

I'm really not crazy. I'm emotional and dramatic and sometimes my rationality doesn't kick in on time. I have always had a habit of internalizing everything until I break.
But overall I'm completely sane. But my family is a whole nother discussion.
Reguarding my driving, I've always been a lead foot. One day I'll get caught. :tape:

LDF
Sep 20th, 2006, 09:49 PM
Hey! ;)

I'm really not crazy. I'm emotional and dramatic and sometimes my rationality doesn't kick in on time. I have always had a habit of internalizing everything until I break.
Reguarding my driving, I've always been a lead foot. One day I'll get caught. :tape:

Don't worry, I don't think you're crazy :hug:

MH0861
Sep 20th, 2006, 09:54 PM
Hey! ;)

It's okay, you're like the Patty Schnyder of the TOP. ;) Everyone loves Patty. :hearts:

hurricanejeanne
Sep 20th, 2006, 09:59 PM
It's okay, you're like the Patty Schnyder of the TOP. ;) Everyone loves Patty. :hearts:
:lol: Perfect!
I have the same poofy, curly hair as Patty so that makes sense.
Thanks LDF for the support.. :hug: :)

BMP
Sep 20th, 2006, 10:36 PM
Hey! ;)

Welcome to the club, Jeanne :lol: (and there's nothing wrong about being emotional & dramatic, I am and don't deny it, especially if it comes to sports &rooting :) all in all, not everyone can be as cool as LDF :p ) j/k ;) sorry for off-topic :angel:

LDF
Sep 20th, 2006, 10:39 PM
Welcome to the club, Jeanne :lol: (and there's nothing wrong about being emotional & dramatic, I am and don't deny it, especially if it comes to sports &rooting :) all in all, not everyone can be as cool as LDF :p ) j/k ;) sorry for off-topic :angel:

:lol:

No, I can be just like you guys during the matches; a perfect example was the Srebotnik match at the US Open, I couldn't type for a few minutes because I was shaking so much :help: :lol:

hurricanejeanne
Sep 20th, 2006, 11:00 PM
Thanks BMP and LDF. :)
I get the sports drama from my dad, he loves all types of sports and I swear he lives on the ESPN channels all day. So I'm used to the intensity.

The Srebotnik match was one of the worst ones ever, I wish I didn't have to livescore it. I was so nervous when she was down matchpoints I could barely keep my finger on the touchpad of my notebook. :tape: :lol:

Anyway, back on topic... :o
Some interesting quotes from Lindsay post match, from wtatour.com:
"I'm happy to have gotten through," said Davenport, who takes on China's Zheng Jie for a spot in the quarterfinals. "It was a difficult match and a close one as well. My opponent played really well; I'm happy to play again tomorrow."
On playing Zheng on Thursday: "Zheng is a good player, and a top player in China. Hopefully, I can play better tomorrow, and I hope it will be a great match."

I know Lindsay played Zheng once before but I don't know much about her game and considering Lindsay is for sure a bit tired and it's totally on form what should we expect tomorrow?

Lindsayfan32
Sep 20th, 2006, 11:00 PM
Hey! ;)

You're not emotional and dramatic. You're passioniate and there is nothing wrong with that. I for one have enjoy having you on the board. As for the internalizing don't do it it will do you no good in the long run. I speak from experince on that one.

The Daviator
Sep 20th, 2006, 11:35 PM
Hey! ;)

I think your passion is great :lol: You're very neurotic, but it's great to have a REAL fan of L. A. Davenport here ;)

What were you like after the Wimby final? :lol:

hurricanejeanne
Sep 20th, 2006, 11:54 PM
I think your passion is great :lol: You're very neurotic, but it's great to have a REAL fan of L. A. Davenport here ;)

What were you like after the Wimby final? :lol:

:lol: Thanks. I post on another board and I have a kindred spirit over there so we freak out together. It's fun.

Wimbledon 2005. Sigh. I don't know how to explain it. The most emotional I got was during the presentation and watching her...her arms folded over her chest, looking at the ground, her bottom lip shaking as if she was trying not to cry. That hurt. That broke my heart.
I was emotionally drained afterwards. All I did was sit and wait for her post match interview to come up because I was worried about her back and her mentality. I didn't want her to quit there and then. I remember the feeling when she held match point...I admit I did think about it for a second.
I was just plain exhausted emotionally after that one.
That's what was wierd, I didn't over react from that time.

The Daviator
Sep 21st, 2006, 12:48 AM
:lol: Thanks. I post on another board and I have a kindred spirit over there so we freak out together. It's fun.

Wimbledon 2005. Sigh. I don't know how to explain it. The most emotional I got was during the presentation and watching her...her arms folded over her chest, looking at the ground, her bottom lip shaking as if she was trying not to cry. That hurt. That broke my heart.
I was emotionally drained afterwards. All I did was sit and wait for her post match interview to come up because I was worried about her back and her mentality. I didn't want her to quit there and then. I remember the feeling when she held match point...I admit I did think about it for a second.
I was just plain exhausted emotionally after that one.
That's what was wierd, I didn't over react from that time.

I was actually very calm on the match point, I just thought it was too good to be true (and it was :rolleyes: ) and Venus was just too good on that point, what frustrated me most was the lead in the 3rd - 40-15 4-2 :sad: And then the 15-30 at 7-6* :sad: Devastating loss, but at least she won it in 1999, had she never then it would have been so much worse, as it is, she'll always be a champ at the All-England Club :worship:

QUEENLINDSAY
Sep 21st, 2006, 12:52 AM
I was actually very calm on the match point, I just thought it was too good to be true (and it was :rolleyes: ) and Venus was just too good on that point, what frustrated me most was the lead in the 3rd - 40-15 4-2 :sad: And then the 15-30 at 7-6* :sad: Devastating loss, but at least she won it in 1999, had she never then it would have been so much worse, as it is, she'll always be a champ at the All-England Club :worship:

After that loss, I watched back to back movies in theaters like 3 movies in that day. Still I cant forget what happened.

It took me weeks to even look at tennis websites.

hurricanejeanne
Sep 21st, 2006, 01:13 AM

I think I actually held my breath when she had match point. :tape:
I remember that long ralley and her face afterwards. Both of them looked spent. And as much as I don't personally like Venus(I don't have anything against her, just indifferent), Lindsay lost to her greatest rivial (IMO) that day, far better to lose to her than to some up and coming Russian again... :tape:

And on the last part no matter what happens, she'll always be a Grand Slam Champion and a Gold Medalist, no one can take those accomplishments away from her. :) :worship:

TennisFan12047
Sep 21st, 2006, 02:53 AM
It took me about a day or two to get over the Wimbledon final against Venus. I was so excited for her throughout the match. She was playing so well and so clean. She beats almost anyone else on the tour that day. But the problem was that Venus brought her A game too...though we didn't really see it til midway through the 2nd set.
Sure it was disappointing, but I was at peace with the loss. She played great. It would be one thing if she just tanked, but she played spectacular tennis throughout that whole final. Arguably one of her best matches despite the end result.
Sucked seeing how disheartened she was after the match, but as always she took it in stride and kept her chin up. She is the epitome of the professional tennis player.

It would have been beyond great to see her finally take a Major, but she'll continue her quest for at least a few more months. I think her best shot will be (surprise, surprise) at Wimbledon if she chooses to play it- which I think she will.

Keep on fightin' Lindsay!!

Veeko
Sep 21st, 2006, 06:03 AM
Sep 20th media note with Davenport

Comment: Iím happy to have gotten through. It was a difficult game and a close one as well. My opponent played really well. Iím happy to play again tomorrow.

1. Q: You lost to Henin two times on grass this year, and you didnít perform too well in Australia and Wimbledon. Who do you think are your main opponents these days?

A: there are a lot of good players nowadays. I think Henin is one of the toughest players for me to play against. Clijsters plays well as well. So itís hard to win on grass these days.

2. Q: Your career is with injury. You only played 8 tournaments this year. Will we see you next year?

A: I hope so, if my body feels good. I would like to play more next year.

3. Q: When Agassi retired, he expressed disappointment about the future of the American tennis. What do you think of the future of the American tennis?

A: There are not many good players. People once hoped that the condition would change, but these days it is still several players, such as Serena and myself.

4. Q: You are a very successful tennis player. You once said that you hope to give more time to your family. But you are still active on court. Whatís your further target?

A: My goal is to get back and play well. I didnít play too much this year. There wonít be a Grand Slam until January. I hope I can improve my games and do well next year.

5. Q: You will play against Zhengjie next round. Whatís your prediction for the game?

A: Iím happy to have won the game today. Zheng is a good player, and top player in China. Hopefully, I can play better tomorrow. And I hope it will be a great game.

6. Q: Can you talk about your life in Beijing, and your impression about the city?

A: I only arrived on Monday evening. I only had yesterday and today. Unfortunately I havenít been to anywhere. I would like to see the Forbidden City and the Great Wall. There was a party last night, and today I was waiting for the game all day. Perhaps I will go out tomorrow. Iím very curious about China before I came here.

bis2806
Sep 21st, 2006, 06:37 AM
I saw the transcript and thought to myself that if it were New York, Lindsay would've spoken so much more in depth which is the core of her intelligence. I guess she wasn't in that good of a mood after barely pulling it off against Anna. :lol:

MH0861
Sep 21st, 2006, 01:05 PM
WTF? What were those grass questions all about? :lol:

Lindsayfan32
Sep 21st, 2006, 01:37 PM
I saw the transcript and thought to myself that if it were New York, Lindsay would've spoken so much more in depth which is the core of her intelligence. I guess she wasn't in that good of a mood after barely pulling it off against Anna. :lol:

Lindsay doesn't give one or two line in press conferences no matter how good or badly she done in match these were selected qutoes from her press conference Iwould be assure as winning tatts.

The Daviator
Sep 21st, 2006, 01:37 PM
Lindsay beats Zheng 6-2 7-6, every match seems to be a struggle for her now :( I doubt she'll beat Mauresmo, I hope I'm wrong of course...

bis2806
Sep 21st, 2006, 01:40 PM
Lindsay is always struggling to close out matches these days.

Lindsayfan32
Lindsay beats Zheng 6-2 7-6, every match seems to be a struugle for her now :( I doubt she'll beat Mauresmo, I hope I'm wrong of course...

I think there are two things going on with Lindsay at the moment she stuffed from playing five week in a row and even I will say she hit a bit of form slump at the moment and I think it might have something to do with Lindsay's fitness at the moment even she admits it not where it needs to be for her to be competitive yet.

Andrew..
I don't understand why she can't serve anymore... If she does that well, she'll win her matches with ease again. She's said herself that the confidence in her game stems from her serve.

bis2806
Sep 21st, 2006, 01:46 PM
She just gave an interview and she said that she would've liked to return a little better. She made a lot of errors today, according to her. She said the Chinese fans were respectful; Chinese fans applauding her errors is a normal thing as Zheng deserves all the support in China - also said she's a great girl. Lindsay also told the interviewer she's encountered much worse crowds......

bis2806
Sep 21st, 2006, 01:47 PM
Also, she added that it it's her 5th or 6th tournament in a row. I guess she's tired then.

mike/topgun
Sep 21st, 2006, 02:05 PM
:lol:
What a struggle in the second set:rolleyes:

Serve went off a couple of times, tho I've seen Lindsay's serve worse:help:
If she serves well tomorrow she may actually beat Momo again, but it wont be easy if she's making alot of errors again...
Todays stats were quite solid:
4 aces, 3 dfs...21 winners, 10 ufe...the errors came mainly on bp, cos Lindsay converted only 5 bp from like 12 chances:tape:That's the biggest change comparing Lindsay from 2004/2005 and Lindsay now, cos the confidence is not there:unsure:

Andrew, as u said, the serve isn't working as it should, but it's been like that since last years Wimbledon...
The rythm is off in almost every match, but overall it's still a weapon she should use more often on those big points especially.:silly:

And today the main concern, I believe, was the focus, especially in the 2nd set:o
Lindsay seemed like she didn't care for a game or two. Then she'll be rested for tomorrow, so the fitness won't be that a big factor, as she knows exactly what to do against Momo.
The question is - IF she's able to hit the ball as cleanly as she used to do it? The slump is visible, but there you can see the effort from Lindsay too. Let's hope for a good match vs the n1:p
It'll be 21st match in the last 5 weeks for Lindsay:banghead:

lindsayno1
Sep 21st, 2006, 02:14 PM
76?!! wtf! I left the house after the first set and thought shed cream her!!

TennisPlayingFox
Sep 21st, 2006, 02:26 PM
Good luck against Ameile Lindsay!

lindsayno1
Sep 21st, 2006, 03:14 PM
LOL ive jsut seen the rest of it. LOL at when she was serving for the match and the way she lost that game! Made me laugh!!

mike/topgun
Sep 21st, 2006, 03:36 PM
LOL at when she was serving for the match and the way she lost that game! Made me laugh!!
ditto:lol:

tennisboi
Sep 21st, 2006, 05:02 PM
Can't wait for the Momo match

tennisboi
Sep 21st, 2006, 09:11 PM

Are you saying that there are people in here that aren't fans of Lindsay? That's crazy ;)

hurricanejeanne
Sep 21st, 2006, 09:14 PM
Yay. She won again. :)

Here are some post match Lindsay quotes from wtatour.com:

"I played well in the first set, but in the second set I made some errors and didn't play as I did in the first one. I did well in the tie-break, however," said Davenport.

"It's a little funny and weird to know I've beaten her that many times in a row," added Davenport. "She's obviously a great player, and now the No.1 player in the world. I don't expect an easy match tomorrow; I'll need to play better than today."

Yup.
What's missing from Lindsay's game right now is her consistancy. She falls off her form for whatever reason (lack of focus perhaps). She did it today against Zheng, she did it against Chakvetadze, and she did it against Kuznetsova in Bali.
The shot the inconsistancy is affecting is her serve. Everything revolves around her serve, it sets up her rhythm and her timing. When she serves well, she plays well. She doesn't have the "normal" consistancy with her serve at the moment so she isn't as confident in it and it also is affecting her groundgame. Which is why she'll make errors in bunches.
I'm not totally sure what's causing it. But I do think her layoff has something to do with it. She took forever to be consistant with her game and with her mentality the last time she went MIA for a long period of time (2002).

I am worried about her playing Mauresemo. This is Mauresmo's best chance at Lindsay.
Lindsay will have to pick up her game ten fold to win. And fight Lindsay.

MH0861
Sep 21st, 2006, 10:55 PM
I'm expecting the worst tomorrow - I hope to be pleasantly surprised like I was at New Haven the last two years (I definitely thought she was losing both of them beforehand).

Go Linds. :hearts:

mike/topgun
Sep 21st, 2006, 11:13 PM
I'm expecting the worst tomorrow
The key is the serve and IF it's not working properly then I can say - Yeah me too:p

Andrew..
Sep 21st, 2006, 11:24 PM
Lolz. Hypocrisy at its best.

hurricanejeanne
Sep 21st, 2006, 11:43 PM
Lolz. Hypocrisy at its best.

I don't question your fanship to Lindsay. I hope that you don't question mine. I respect your opinions.
You expect the best from her. As does everyone else.

Andrew..
Sep 22nd, 2006, 12:51 AM
I don't question your fanship to Lindsay. I hope that you don't question mine. I respect your opinions.
You expect the best from her. As does everyone else.
I don't question yours at all. If anything, I understand where you're coming from.

I just have an issue with the fact that certain behavior is acceptable for some, and not for others.

hurricanejeanne
Sep 22nd, 2006, 01:20 AM
I don't question yours at all. If anything, I understand where you're coming from.

I just have an issue with the fact that certain behavior is acceptable for some, and not for others.

Thanks. :)

I understand the frustration with double standards. I have dealt with them a bit in real life. Unfortunately, double standards will always be a problem.

Nikki
Sep 22nd, 2006, 09:28 AM
Good luck Lindsay, raise your game to win this:)

Veeko
Sep 22nd, 2006, 11:51 AM
Sep 21st Davenport

Comment: It was a close match, especially in the second set. Zheng played better in the second set. I played well in the tie break.

Q: You have defeated your opponent for ten times. Do you think it will be an easy game tomorrow?

A: It was a little funny and weird to have won one player in a row. Sheís obviously a great player, and now the No. 1 player in the world. I donít expect an easy game tomorrow. I should play better than today.

Q: How do you think the Chinese women players have improved, especially Zheng Jie?

A: I have played professional tennis for 15 years. In the past there were few Chinese players, but recently more and more good Chinese women players are coming up, and they have won Grand Slams in doubles. I played with Li Na for several times, and Iím very impressed. I think they can be better and better.

Q: Why did you choose to come to a not high-level tournament?

A: I enjoy playing in Asia, maybe even more than in Europe. I just started playing several weeks ago. Since I didnít make it here last year, I was really looking forward to come to China this time.

Q: You had a very good match in the first set, but not that good in the second one. Why?

A: I did play well in the first set, and it was a solid game. But in the second set, I made some errors, and not played as I did in the first one. But I did well in the tie break, and thatís why I could win.

Q: Are you confident that you can go back to your ranking in the past?

A: I donít know. In fact, I donít think I can go back to where I was. Because it requires one to play many tournaments, and keep healthy. There is something keeps me going. Tomorrow it is really exciting for me to play the No. 1 player in the world.

Q: You looked frustrated sometimes in the game today. Was that because of the crowd?

A: It wasnít the crowd. I think they were fine today. The best Zheng did in the game was her return. When I didnít serve smart, she returned well. When I felt like every time I could break the serve, and I had lots of chances, but didnít succeed. That was what frustrating me.

Q: If you didnít win the China Open, will you retire?

A: No, Iím not retiring yet.

Q: What motivation is keeping you going on?

A: I donít know. When Iím at home, there is always something urging me to come back and play. Itís always fun to play, though it has become more difficult. Iím already 30 years old, and I have played tennis for half of my life. The game tomorrow excites me a lot, and hopefully I can play well.

Andrew..
Sep 22nd, 2006, 12:43 PM
God, the Chinese media blows.

lindsayno1
Sep 22nd, 2006, 02:01 PM
oh my god. amelie is a headcase v lindsay. Now lindsays playing like poop. Great!

and now we lose the first set after almost leading 5-2!

lindsayno1
Sep 22nd, 2006, 02:39 PM
ugh....that match was tripe. I dont have anything to say right now. Its beyond me why she didnt challenge that call just before match point!

mike/topgun
Sep 22nd, 2006, 02:51 PM
Lindsay's attitude was :tape:

Amelie did play more aggressive. Lindsay's serve didn't work well:(, so Amelie took her chances and played aggressively enough to force errors;)
Good for her, to finally beat Lindsay:p

I don't want to watch Lindsay playing with zero intrest...didn't even challenge the out call before the mp.:banghead:
She's not feeling comfortable, she's not having fun out there and she's tired. Imagine her playing Stuttgart and Zurich in 2 weeks time:help:
Get some rest and prepare for the next 2 events, or just shelve the season here...then see how it feels.
Playing like that Lidsay is not winning more titles, and she's not a slam contender with this type of attitude. And I was totally wrong:smash: the fitness was a BIG issue today...sadily
Congrats Momo and good luck.:yeah:

Maybe it is the time for her to quit, who knows wth Lindsay:confused:
She's so tired right now...she's old, in a slump. She needs to set up GOALS for the next season to keep herself and her body going again. She needs to commit. Without the DESIRE it's not the same, and it's not what she wants and what gives her the fun. I' don't know what is her reaction atm, but it can be the impuls which could make her think about the future:unsure:

The Daviator
Sep 22nd, 2006, 03:05 PM
The first 7 games were all Lindsay, she had chances in the first two MoMo serves, before breaking in the third, and then at 4-2*, she was at deuce, but once MoMo held at *4-3, she just dominated, a couple of good service games early on in the 2nd for Linds, but MoMo was full of confidence, anyway, no shame to lose to the world #1, it would have been nice had the scoreline been closer, but this is definitely Amelie's year, she wins Slams, breaks jinxes with Serena/Lindsay, it's her turn, we can't be too pissed having beaten up on MoMo so many times in the past :lol:

Now Lindsay, please win Quebec :o :help:

!<blocparty>!
Sep 22nd, 2006, 03:07 PM
Now Lindsay's losing to Mauresmo 4 and 3 on hardcourts.

That's nice.

Lindsayfan32
Sep 22nd, 2006, 03:08 PM
Lindsay's attitude was :tape:

Amelie did play more aggressive. Lindsay's serve didn't work well:(, so Amelie took her chances and played aggressively enough to force errors;)
Good for her, to finally beat Lindsay:p

I don't want to watch Lindsay playing with zero intrest...didn't even challenge the out call before the mp.:banghead:
She's not feeling comfortable, she's not having fun out there and she's tired. Imagine her playing Stuttgart and Zurich in 2 weeks time:help:
Get some rest and prepare for the next 2 events, or just shelv the season here...see how it feels.
Plaing like that Lidsay is not winning more titles, and she's not a slam contender with this type of attitude. And I was totally wrong:smash: the fitness was a BIG issue today.
Congrats Momo and good luck.:yeah:

I didn't see the match only watched a live score. But Mike I totally agree with you on everything in this post especially about Lindsay's fitness. I'm not sure about Lindsay trying play out the year though I think she should shelve it do nothing but work on her fitness and then try again next year as her best results happened when she was healthy and at peak fitness. She could run with anyone not named Justine. All I know right now is that I don't want these sort of matches become the norm and if they start to it pains me to say it Lindsay should retire before she fades out as she deserves better than that she should be remebered as the great player is and was. I have a long memory of what she was as I have followed her through the good the bad and the ugly since 94 and will continue to do so until she retires and even then I will still take notice of what she does with her post tennis life.

mike/topgun
Sep 22nd, 2006, 03:22 PM
What can I say - I totally agree with U Lindsayfan32.:wavey:

lindsayno1
Sep 22nd, 2006, 03:25 PM
Lindsay looked like an old woman playing today. It was horrid. Momo didnt even play WELL!

Veeko
Sep 22nd, 2006, 04:43 PM
Sep 22nd media note with Davenport

Comment: Amelie played well today. I think I played what Iím capable of playing in China Open. I made a few errors at the 1st set, and that changed the match.

Q: How did you feel that the record against Mauresmo was broken?

A: It was fine. Like I said, it was kind of weird to win so many times. Iíd like to play better and make fewer errors. I have great respect over her. She has a pretty good year. She is the No.1 player in the world for a reason.

Q: You lost in the semi-final in Bali and now the quarter-final in Beijing. Is that partly because of your back injury?

A: Iíve made progress after coming back. Mauresmo is a top player. So I didnít feel sorry after losing to her. Iíd like to raise my game one more level.

Q: You are the only active player who has won over 700 games. Can you talk about your career a little bit?

A: Itís amazing to have won so many games. I think it was quite an accomplishment. There are many things I achieved in my life that I canít believe. Iím very proud of myself. To have such a consistent career like that is amazing.

Q: Many players think that the use of hawk eye is good. But you rarely use that in your games. Why?

A: I think hawk eye is to help correct bad mistakes, but not be used at any close call. I saw some girls using it when they were definitely wrong. Iíll use it when Iím absolutely sure about the ball. There were two or three times that I was wrong when I used it, but at most times I was right.

Q: Do you think age is a problem for you?

A: Itís a little bit difficult to play when you are at late 20s and early 30s. You can recover more quickly at 18 or 20. But you also get smarter with age. Most female players will retire at their late 20s, like Graf. I started early, and it was a long career.

LDF
Sep 22nd, 2006, 04:46 PM
I don't like the use of the word 'was' :unsure:

mike/topgun
Sep 22nd, 2006, 04:51 PM
"I started early, and it was a long career."
"was"? :confused:

anyone knows what to expect next?...
She said that she wants to raise her game one more level...another contrasting statement from Lindsay:lol: and I thought that i'd get used to it sometime:silly:

MH0861
Sep 22nd, 2006, 05:14 PM
"was"? :confused:

anyone knows what to expect next?...
She said that she wants to raise her game one more level...another contrasting statement from Lindsay:lol: and I thought that i'd get used to it sometime:silly:

I feel like they are paraphrasing her or something, because that's not really how she talks in general. Maybe it's a translation or something.

The Daviator
Sep 22nd, 2006, 05:29 PM
I wouldn't read too much into the 'was', it's just a turn of phrase, I doubt she'd committ to two events later this autumn knowing that Beijing is her last event...

hurricanejeanne
Sep 22nd, 2006, 09:14 PM
:sad: Oh dear...

I'm honestly not surprised with the result, the streak had to end sometime. And this really was Mauresmo's best shot and beating a blah Lindsay.
Looking at the stats, they're gross if you ask me, she didn't serve well at all and she didn't return well. She made a lot of errors by all accounts. She hasn't got her consistancy right now with her serve and that's trickling down into every aspect of her game. She doesn't have the confidence in her shots right now.
I'm not sure what's causing this. Is it a slump, or mental leftovers from the layoff or whatever.

All I can honestly say is that Lindsay has a few weeks off to decide what she's going to do. She can't continue to play sub par and possibly still enjoy it. She loves to play but she loves to win, otherwise she would have lost to Chakvetadze in the first round or she would have never had come back.
She needs to decide NOW if she is going to commit herself to the game again and improve her game or to walk away.
I want to see her stay around, but I do not want to watch her fade away like so many other former top players have. Lindsay deserves better...she just does.

The only thing I can hope for is that this is a wake up call for Lindsay. That this is the match that kicks her in the ass and makes her decide about her future.
I hope she gets better...soon.

mike/topgun
Sep 22nd, 2006, 09:30 PM
Well, I guess that we do agree with eachother totally Jeanne.:wavey:

Lindsay should decide, cos she ain't having fun out there.
At this moment it's going nowhere.
Either commit to next year, get herself fit again, or call it a day.
No matter what the decison will be, Lindsay's one of the greatest ever and she doesn't deserve to fade away this way.
So, I still do hope she'll be out of the slump by Linz. The consistency might be back, if she rests her drained body. We'll have to wait and see what the future brings, cos there's alot of questins to be answered:unsure:

:wavey:

hurricanejeanne
Sep 22nd, 2006, 09:40 PM
It appears that we do agree with eachother totally Jeanne.:wavey:

Lindsay shuld decide. At this moment it's going nowhere.

She needs to now. She says she's improved since her return but she has stagnated as of late. A lot of it's mental and then there's the physcial aspect.
She didn't gain weight while she was away but her fitness is blah, she doesn't move as well as she did a year ago, or even early this season. Her timing is off on her shots. There may be a bit of a connection there. And her misshitting so much she's lost her confidence in her shots.
If she has no intention of retiring now, or this season that she really needs to spend the majority of the next few weeks working out and practicing.

I don't know, has she ever fallen apart like this?
And on a side note, what's the actual surface in Beijing?

MH0861
Sep 22nd, 2006, 09:41 PM
I don't know. She played well in New Haven, pretty well in New York, and it's been a bit downhill the last two weeks.. given her long layoff/injury issue in NH/playing so many weeks in a row after a long layoff... I'm inclined to let her off the hook for her poor form in Bali and Beijing. Certainly she needs to pick it up big time, but I think she can.

LindsayRulz
Sep 22nd, 2006, 09:47 PM
after 4 weeks of tennis she is just tired. it's normal at 30...

hurricanejeanne
Sep 22nd, 2006, 09:51 PM
I don't know. She played well in New Haven, pretty well in New York, and it's been a bit downhill the last two weeks.. given her long layoff/injury issue in NH/playing so many weeks in a row after a long layoff... I'm inclined to let her off the hook for her poor form in Bali and Beijing. Certainly she needs to pick it up big time, but I think she can.

You know, I am too if it's that if her slump of sorts is in turn related to her not being super fit and playing so much at once. I mean, if she is so concerned about her health, why the hell do you play so much at once? I honestly can't remember the last time she played 5 weeks in a row like this and doubles in one event.
I know Lindsay tends to contradict herself a lot but seriously that doesn't make sense.

Her fitness needs to improve ten fold and then maybe her strokes will begin to connect again. I don't know either I just hope she turns it around ASAP.

mike/topgun
Sep 22nd, 2006, 10:23 PM
It was the first time that Lindsay played 5 weeks in a row for ages...In 2002 she started in FC, Stanford, SD, LA, week off, NH and US Open=total of 23 mathces in 8 weeks time...
After coming back this year she played 21 matches during 5 consecutive weeks:eek:
It's a miracle she didn't get injured.
On the other hand she wasn't trying to chase down some balls that much...she's a lot slower than she was in NH. It may be the generall exhaustion after those matches that cumulated.
And we must remember she isn't playing Stuttgart/Zurich cos of LScott, so she made another plan that eventually didn't work out well... :help:

hurricanejeanne
Sep 22nd, 2006, 10:50 PM
It was the first time that Lindsay played 5 weeks in a row for ages...In 2002 she started in FC, Stanford, SD, LA, week off, NH and US Open=total of 23 mathces in 8 weeks time...
After coming back this year she played 21 matches during 5 consecutive weeks:eek:
It's a miracle she didn't get injured.
On the other hand she wasn't trying to chase down some balls that much...she's a lot slower than she was in NH. It may be the generall exhaustion after those matches that cumulated.
And we must remember she isn't playing Stuttgart/Zurich cos of LScott, so she made another plan that eventually didn't work out well... :help:

Thanks, that was before I was watching her.
It's amazing she didn't hurt herself.
But I do think she's tired, she has to be, and considering her fitness isn't where it should be it makes sense.
It's not an excuse because she made her schedule, and played it.

In a nut shell, now she knows where she's at, now she has to get better.
Do or die.

Lindsayfan32
Sep 23rd, 2006, 12:56 AM
I feel like they are paraphrasing her or something, because that's not really how she talks in general. Maybe it's a translation or something.

I think you could say it got lost in translation. I thought that from the first post match interview I read. Why don't they give the whole story or not do it at all.

wubenzhimu
Sep 23rd, 2006, 04:13 AM
Daven's husband is in beijing ,too. :)
i think today they will travel around the city.

tennisboi
Sep 23rd, 2006, 01:56 PM
This is bull shit that she isn't allowed to play those tournaments Fuck Larry Scott :fiery:

hurricanejeanne
Sep 23rd, 2006, 04:10 PM
Daven's husband is in beijing ,too. :)
i think today they will travel around the city.

:) It's nice to know that Jon is with her here.
They can enjoy the day being pure tourists and then head home to California.

I just hope she gets better with her game soon. We'll see you in Linz, Lindsay. :)

Andrew..
Sep 23rd, 2006, 04:16 PM
Lindsay will be ranked 18 after Zurich. Congrats, Lindsay!

LDF
Sep 23rd, 2006, 04:18 PM
Lindsay will be ranked 18 after Zurich. Congrats, Lindsay!

And she'd need to win Linz and at least reach the semis in Quebec City to make up for missing the YECs :unsure:

hurricanejeanne
Sep 23rd, 2006, 04:42 PM
And if you remove her YEC points from last year, she's like 25... :tape:

This year has been a wash.
Hopefully she finds some form before her final two tournaments.

Either way she'll have her lowest ranking at the end of the season since 1993. :sad:

lindsayno1
Sep 23rd, 2006, 05:11 PM
18!!!! Jeeeeez! Thats crap!

The Daviator
Sep 23rd, 2006, 05:20 PM
18!!!! Jeeeeez! Thats crap!

...and to be expected, you're not going to be in the top 5 if you miss 5 months in an 11-month season, she's been injured, and then there's been the stuff with Scott, she missed a lot of '02, and she was out of the top 10 then, big deal, if she plays a normal schedule next year, and doesn't pick up any injuries, her ranking will become respectable again, chill out guys...

Look at where V&S are ranked :help:

LindsayRulz
Sep 23rd, 2006, 09:04 PM
The ranking means absolutly nothing with nadia in the top 10 and Lindsay, Venus and Serena out of the top 20 at the end of the season. It will be hard now for Lindsay to get a good draw at the AO :( (if she plays the AO)

Anyway Lindsay said at the beginning of the season that she doesn't care about her ranking and I hope that she thinks exactly the same way now.

hurricanejeanne
Sep 24th, 2006, 06:01 AM
Okay, looking at the entry list to Linz (Lindsay's next event) and the fact that she will have dropped bother her points from Filderstadt and Zurich she will be unseeded.
:help:
And in a draw that will most likely carry Sharapova and both sisters, this could be a very, very interesting tournament.

I think the last time Linds was unseeded was sometime during the fall of 2002, when her special seeding time was up.

Ugh. Just find your form Lindsay.

Lindsayfan32
Sep 24th, 2006, 06:19 AM
I wouldn't be too worried. Lindsay can take down both the Williams sisters if they bother to show up and then that only leaves Maria as the only problem no one will expect Lindsay to beat her so she will.

mike/topgun
Sep 24th, 2006, 10:07 AM
I can't remember when was the last time that Lindsay was unseeded...:tape:
but Zurich points will be taken off after Linz starts, so it shouldn't be like that at all.
Lindsay should get her n6 or 7 seeding in Linz if she shows up;)

LindsayRocks89
Sep 25th, 2006, 12:58 AM
hey guys, i haven't posted in forever, but i just wanted to say that i really hope lindsay finds her best form soon, and i really hope she plays next year, and hopefully she can still get that last slam.