PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay in Bali

Lindsayfan32
Sep 10th, 2006, 07:29 AM
Here is the draw for Bali tournment for those of you are interested. She has a lot of nothing around her and Kuzzy in the semi finals

(1) Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS) bye
Erika Takao (JPN) v (Q)
(Q) v (WC) Kim So-Jung (KOR)
(Q) v (8) Severine Bremond (FRA)

(3) Lindsay Davenport (USA) v Galina Voskoboeva (RUS)
Natalie Grandin (RSA) v Akiko Morigami (JPN)
Junri Namigata (JPN) v Hana Sromova (CZE)
Suchanan Viratprasert (THA) v (7) Maria Elena-Camerin (ITA)

(6) Marion Bartoli (FRA) v Aiko Nakamura (JPN)
Casey Dellacqua (AUS) v Selima Sfar (TUN)
(Q) v Shikha Uberoi (IND)

Olga Poutchkova (RUS) v (4) Ana Ivanovic (SCG)

(5) Daniela Hantuchova (SVK) v Melinda Czink (HUN)
Sunitha Rao (USA) v (WC) Angelique Widjaja (INA)
Elise Tamaela (NED) v (WC) Maria Vento-Kabchi (VEN)
(2) Patty Schnyder (SUI) bye

Here is the doubles draw. You might ask why I am I posting it in here. Well Lindsay is in it playing doubles with Corina

(1) Maria Vento Kabchi/Angelique Widjaja (VEN/INA)- bye:eek: :eek: :eek:
Lutfiana A Budiharto/Lee Wei Ping (INA/SIN) v Vivien Silfany/Lavinia Tananta (INA/INA)
(4) Severine Bremond/Galina Voskoboeva (FRA/RUS) v Kim Kilsdonk/Elise Tamaela (NED/NED)
Lindsay Davenport/Corina Morariu (USA/USA) v Casey Dellacqua/Sunitha Rao (AUS/USA)

Andreja Klepac/Hana Sromova (SLO/CZE) v Akiko Morigami/Aiko Nakamura (JPN/JPN)
(3) Melinda Czink/Shikha Uberoi (HUN/IND) - bye
Ayu Fani Damayanti/Sandy Gumulya (INA/INA) v Beatrice Gumulya/Jessy Rompies (INA/INA)
(2) Natalie Grandin/Trudi Musgrave (RSA/AUS) - bye

Nikki
Sep 10th, 2006, 08:48 AM
Not a bad draw!

I think its god to see her playing doubles here as all the major tournaments are finished for her and now she can just enjoy playing for the rest of the year, however long it may be.

lindsayno1
Sep 10th, 2006, 09:52 AM
schweet!

ALG, Jankovic and Vera crybaby have pulled out

Magdalene
Sep 10th, 2006, 11:37 AM
oh gosh!! She is in doubles!! tats super cool... It has been a long time since she played doubles.. specially playing with corina.. Best of luck

For asian fans.. there is a show called nokia football crazy aired on espn and starsports.. and they are going to be live in bali next week and apparently they are trying to get lindsay on the show...either for an interview or a game that goes by the name of random predictor where they random predict the scores and winner of soccer matches... not sure whether they would be able to get her but they would definitely be interviewing tennis players.. could be a great interview if they do get her.. it airs on thurs at 8..

mike/topgun
Sep 10th, 2006, 02:53 PM
Voskoboeva is a good player, could push Lindsay if she's not ready for 70%:rolleyes:
Let's hope Lindsay's ready to defend her title!
Good for her she's playing doubles with Corina first time since Tokyo'05:yeah:
It seems it could be her goodbye tour...

Andrew..
Sep 10th, 2006, 03:27 PM
Lindsay and Corina playing doubles. :eek: So cool. Good luck, ladies.

The draw is what it is. If she's at her best, she'll win without a problem. If she's a little bit off, Kuznetsova could easily take her out in the semis.

tennisjt
Sep 10th, 2006, 03:37 PM
Go Lindsay

hurricanejeanne
Sep 10th, 2006, 03:38 PM
Well, it's not a terrible draw. I am going to have to research some of these players though.
If Lindsay's playing remotely decent she should cruise.
The thing with Kuznetsova is that more often then not she's off her game, and if Lindsay's consistant she wins that one.

I have mixed emotions about Lindsay and Corina playing doubles, I know it's only a tier 3 but still, Lindsay always seems to pick up some sort of injury when she does this. But, what the hell, good luck girls.

Win the Bali double Lindsay :bounce:

GrandSlam05
Sep 10th, 2006, 04:01 PM
Does Kuznetsova have mental issues against Lindsay? I can't help but think after that debacle in Australia, where Lindsay got hurt and Svetlana couldn't keep the ball in play, that maybe she does.

hurricanejeanne
Sep 10th, 2006, 04:43 PM
Does Kuznetsova have mental issues against Lindsay? I can't help but think after that debacle in Australia, where Lindsay got hurt and Svetlana couldn't keep the ball in play, that maybe she does.

Maybe the AO thing this year cemented it. But Lindsay beat Sveta twice before (Tokyo 05, Wimbledon 05) in straight sets. In both of those matches Sveta played a close set and then a lopsided set. I think that maybe Sveta knows she really shouldn't have had won their first meeting. :shrug:

Andrew..
Sep 10th, 2006, 06:08 PM
Lindsay is a bad matchup for Sveta. Controlled power vs. uncontrolled power = loss, unless uncontrolled power has a really, really hot day.

davenport124
Sep 10th, 2006, 06:19 PM
Voskoboeva is a good player, could push Lindsay if she's not ready for 70%:rolleyes:
Let's hope Lindsay's ready to defend her title!
Good for her she's playing doubles with Corina first time since Tokyo'05:yeah:
It seems it could be her goodbye tour...

Lindsay and Corina also played Dubai, Fed Cup and Wimbledon in '05 after Tokyo.

Anyway, I really hope this isn't the last batch of tournaments for Lindsay. She could be so good in 07!

MH0861
Sep 10th, 2006, 07:11 PM
Hope Linds sweeps both titles. :D

MH0861
Sep 10th, 2006, 07:12 PM
Lindsay and Corina playing doubles. :eek: So cool. Good luck, ladies.

The draw is what it is. If she's at her best, she'll win without a problem. If she's a little bit off, Kuznetsova could easily take her out in the semis.

Oh please. Kuznetsova has done nothing and has played like garbage since the French.

GrandSlam05
Sep 10th, 2006, 07:52 PM
Oh please. Kuznetsova has done nothing and has played like garbage since the French.
Yeah and plus it's a tier III. Lindsay only tanks in tier 1 and slams. :help:

Andrew..
Sep 10th, 2006, 07:52 PM
Read my posts.

"If she's a little bit off, Kuznetsova could easily take her out in the semis."

"Lindsay is a bad matchup for Sveta. Controlled power vs. uncontrolled power = loss, unless uncontrolled power has a really, really hot day."

MH0861
Sep 10th, 2006, 08:36 PM
Read my posts.

"If she's a little bit off, Kuznetsova could easily take her out in the semis."

"Lindsay is a bad matchup for Sveta. Controlled power vs. uncontrolled power = loss, unless uncontrolled power has a really, really hot day."

Yes, I did. Lindsay has to be way off to lose to Kuzy at this point in time. Even with this arm injury and lack of play. And I don't think she would easily lose then, either. I know it's a bad matchup for Svetlana, dude -- I remember her saying in Australia Lindsay is her least favorite person to play. I just think it'll take nothing short of a miracle to beat her, really. The two matches I saw her play at the US Open don't really lead me to believe Bali will be "Miami '06 Part II" for her.

TennisPlayingFox
Sep 10th, 2006, 08:38 PM
Good luck Lindsay! Win this whole tournament!

lindsayno1
Sep 11th, 2006, 07:46 AM
Lindsay only tanks in tier 1 and slams.

yep and yep

hurricanejeanne
Sep 11th, 2006, 10:24 AM
My only real concern for this tournament is her picking up an injury from playing both singles and doubles.

Oh, and I fear what over-sequined technicolor ensamble they'll be putting her in for pictures this year. Why does Bali have to dress up it's players?

lindsayno1
Sep 11th, 2006, 10:56 AM
My only real concern for this tournament is her picking up an injury from playing both singles and doubles.

Oh, and I fear what over-sequined technicolor ensamble they'll be putting her in for pictures this year. Why does Bali have to dress up it's players?

LOL! I forgot about that pic!

Kelly
Sep 11th, 2006, 12:33 PM
lol...those outfits were later returned to strictly come dancing just so u knew. I think there is a clause in the wta contracts that allows some events to make the players look like complete prats...dubai is another example

lindsayno1
Sep 11th, 2006, 04:04 PM
Pics

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/a1/full.getty-tennis-wta-idn-wismilak-2006-davenport_3_07_34_am.jpg

woah sun damage!!!

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/ed/full.getty-tennis-wta-idn-wismilak-2006-davenport_3_05_35_am.jpg

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/f1/full.getty-tennis-wta-idn-wismilak-2006-davenport_2_50_49_am.jpg

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/7f/full.getty-tennis-wta-idn-wismilak-2006-us-davenport_2_47_55_am.jpg

LDF
Sep 11th, 2006, 04:44 PM
Are they trying to make her look as ugly as possible? :o

Emmanya
Sep 11th, 2006, 05:09 PM
Omg!!!!
The only truly horrendous pic is the final one.
I guess extreme close up is not Lindsay's friend.

GrandSlam05
Sep 11th, 2006, 06:24 PM
Geez she could've bothered to put at least a little makeup on before.
I know she's not the most high-maintenance on the tour, but everyone wants to look good in photos I think.

shirley
Sep 11th, 2006, 06:26 PM
All the best in Bali, Lindsay. Good Luck! :bounce:

hurricanejeanne
Sep 11th, 2006, 07:38 PM
The third picture is cute. She always looks cute when she smiles. But yeah, extreme close ups show just how many damn freckles she has, although she's always had an overabundance of freckles. She's been in the SoCal sun since like conception...

I have lots of dark freckles. My mom's skin is like Lindsay's. And like she says, "I don't tan...my freckles connect."
But I love all of Lindsay's freckles.

hurricanejeanne
Sep 11th, 2006, 08:09 PM
Interesting Article in which Lindsay talks about her future....I bolded the important stuff.

Davenport cautious about ATP's new round robin format
By Barry Wood
BALI, Indonesia (Reuters) - Plans for a round-robin format in some men's tennis events could have unforeseen consequences, women's former world number one Lindsay Davenport says.

The ATP, as part of sweeping changes aimed at making tournaments more attractive to fans, television, players and tournament directors, plans to play early rounds of tour events as round-robins to ensure that marquee players remain throughout the week.

Davenport said the idea, due to start next year, could lead to tactical play.

"There's (the potential for) a lot of fixing if your friend needs you to win or lose or whatever. A lot of things could happen. There are some kinks to be worked out for sure," the American said on Monday.

Players might also not compete so strongly if they knew they would not be eliminated with one defeat, Davenport said.

"That could happen, although in women's tennis I don't see it happening because everyone's so neurotic about always winning."

The ATP announced the change last month and said it would also abolish best-of-five-set matches at tour events next year and phase in plans for eight-day events, beginning on a Sunday instead of a Monday.

Davenport, who is in Bali to begin the defense of her title on Tuesday against Russian Galina Voskoboeva, has attracted speculation that she might soon retire by committing herself to play only one more tournament, next week's event in Beijing.

The 30-year-old Davenport, who reached the quarter-finals of last month's U.S. Open, said she had made no decision about the future.

"I don't know how it works," she said. "Every player I've talked to, it's been a different way to quit, how they've figured out that they don't want to do this any more. So I'm constantly looking at signs, and it hasn't happened yet. I always come back and I don't know what it will take.

"If I allow myself to think it's the last time somewhere it would be way too emotional for me. Like at last year's U.S. Open it most likely could have been my last one, but if I had thought about that while playing I would have been crying and a wreck. So I just try to focus on the tournament because I don't know what will happen in six months or a year.

"I've always envisioned that I would be playing a match and be like, 'I'm not having fun', and fly home and just feel like this is not going to happen any more.

"Now I'm excited about Beijing because I've never been to China but after that I don't know. I would like to play Zurich if I'm feeling good, but we'll see. I don't even think it matters if I finish in the United States. I don't have visions of where it's going to be."

Davenport is seeded third at an event that has lost U.S. Open semi-finalist Jelena Jankovic to injury but still includes five of the top 20. Twice former champion Svetlana Kuznetsova, who is undefeated in Bali, is the top seed, with Switzerland's Patty Schnyder seeded two. Recent Montreal champion Ana Ivanovic is seeded fourth.

© Reuters 2006. All Rights Reserved.

She really has no idea what she's doing.
But I guess I'd rather it be up in the air then say like Kim setting a date for her said retirement.
She standing by her story "I don't know, I'm still having fun, I see no signs.."
Play one more year, seriously then make babies. K.

Oh, and one last thing Lindsay: Play Zurich. :)

lindsayno1
Sep 11th, 2006, 08:47 PM
well doesnt zurich depend on if larry scott gets his head out of his arse?!

QUEENLINDSAY
Sep 11th, 2006, 09:36 PM
I dont think you can win a slam with this thinking!!!

Lindsayfan32
Sep 11th, 2006, 10:35 PM
well doesnt zurich depend on if larry scott gets his head out of his arse?!

Yep to my understanding Lindsay needs a wild card as she was three days late entering and signing on to the commitment list and I don't think Larry Scott will get his head out of his arse and help Lindsay out because he runs thing to the rules and what he is doing with Lindsay is within the rules. Remeber Lindsay won Zurich last year so if the points go undefended expect a rankings dive.

vw.
Sep 12th, 2006, 12:16 AM
Lindsay rocks. Win both titles Lindsay! :yeah:

hurricanejeanne
Sep 12th, 2006, 02:31 AM
Well, seeing as no one has posted it yet...

Lindsay is playing Tuesday. 6 pm Bali time.
She's playing Russian Voksoboeva, not much I could find on her, ranking in the 80s, she's the one who took a set off Momo in New Haven.

Lindsay isn't playing doubles tomorrow though.

Good luck Lindsay. Win. :)

Lindsayfan32
Sep 12th, 2006, 11:47 AM
Lindsay won her first round match against Voksoboeva 7-5 6-1 I was only watching a live score for some of the time and the score board had no match stats other than game score and the set score. Could someone please fill me in if they know anything else.

TennisPlayingFox
Sep 12th, 2006, 01:02 PM
Nice win Lindsay! good luck against Akiko!

Emmanya
Sep 12th, 2006, 02:07 PM
Well done Linds! With Hantuchova and Ivanovic crashing out the only thing that could bother us is a Kutznetsova with her absolute A game.

lindsayno1
Sep 12th, 2006, 03:23 PM
schweet

hurricanejeanne
Sep 12th, 2006, 07:24 PM
:bounce: Yay! She won.
I left for work, 2-1 in the first on serve at 6.30 in the morning here, so yeah...damn time difference.

Shaking first set, but she's never played this girl so, I guess I was expecting it.
Good luck in round two. :)

lindsayno1
Sep 12th, 2006, 07:32 PM
i feel like not even bothering with this tournament til the finals! It sucks!!

hurricanejeanne
Sep 12th, 2006, 08:07 PM
i feel like not even bothering with this tournament til the finals! It sucks!!

LOL...yeah, it's a tier three...but it's LINDSAY and considering she was MIA forever and a day this year, I am to enjoy it.

Anyways...
Lindsay doesn't play her second round singles match tomorrow, but her and Corina play their doubles first round tomorrow...
good luck girls. :)

MH0861
Sep 12th, 2006, 10:01 PM
LOL, this tournament is like a Tier II meets a $25K Challenger. A great Top 5 or so seeds for a tournament like this, and then it just becomes.. :help:

Andrew..
Sep 13th, 2006, 01:25 PM
Lindsay and Corina won their match today, beating Dellacqua/Rao 6-3 6-1. :)

TennisFan12047
Sep 13th, 2006, 03:09 PM
I hate to say it and jinx it, but this is looking like a Davenport steamroll to the title.
Only potential threat is Kuz, but Dav owns her.
Good luck, Lindz.

The Daviator
Sep 13th, 2006, 04:30 PM
I'm so glad she came here, a win here and next week in Beijing would be great, considering how bleak things were over the summer, good luck Linds :bounce:

shirley
Sep 13th, 2006, 06:33 PM
Good Luck in the next match, Lindsay!

hurricanejeanne
Sep 13th, 2006, 07:02 PM
Lindsay and Corina won their match today, beating Dellacqua/Rao 6-3 6-1. :)

:) I saw that they won. Yay them. Nice scoreline seeing as I'm sure they're rusty.
It's the one good thing that has happened to me all day. Sigh.

Lindsay plays Morigami not before 17.00 hours, which is 5 pm local time. They've never played. Linds and Corina aren't playing doubles tomorrow either, which is good, rest.
Good luck Lindsay! :D

mike/topgun
Sep 13th, 2006, 07:29 PM
It seems to me that Lindsay' s gonna win a double title here!:devil:

1star
Sep 14th, 2006, 10:58 AM
It will be great if Lindsay wins two titles in Bali. :D :D

And good luck in Beijing!
:wavey:

QUEENLINDSAY
Sep 14th, 2006, 05:36 PM
she is playing two matches on Friday.

hurricanejeanne
Sep 14th, 2006, 07:28 PM
:bounce: Lindsay def. Morigami. 6-2, 6-3. Would have posted when the result came in this morning, but I was already running late for work.

Like "QueenLindsay" said Linds is playing two matches on Friday.
She is second up from 16.00 hours against Sromova (a player I've never heard of...stats!) and then she plays double with Corina against Bremond/Voskoboeva.

Singles first Linds. Win. :)

mike/topgun
Sep 14th, 2006, 07:34 PM
Hana Sromova played the Jujinator in AO this year...was bagled in the first if I remember correctly;)

Win Lindzi!:yeah:

lindsayno1
Sep 14th, 2006, 07:40 PM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/8b/full.getty-tennis-wta-ina-wismilak-2006-us-davenport_7_06_51_am.jpg

wonder what she was cursing to herself there!

hurricanejeanne
Sep 14th, 2006, 07:48 PM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/8b/full.getty-tennis-wta-ina-wismilak-2006-us-davenport_7_06_51_am.jpg

wonder what she was cursing to herself there!

:lol: I love these pictures. I can only imagine what variations of the f bomb she was dropping at the time.
That's why I love her.

Lindsayfan32
Sep 15th, 2006, 11:03 AM
Lindsay beat Hana Sromova 6-1 6-0 goes on to play Kuzzy in the semi finals I would say the serve was working alot better today it was only chanellged once for the whole match. But I only watched a live score.

mike/topgun
Sep 15th, 2006, 11:13 AM
You're probably right LF32. The serve must have been working wello today!
That's a good sign coming into a semifinal clash with Igor. It's gonna be tough, but Lindsay is capable. Suer she can still lose this match, if she playes badly enough and when Kuz has one of her best days...anything can happen.
Go Lindsay for the double title:yeah: tho singles first!

TennisPlayingFox
Sep 15th, 2006, 12:56 PM
Nice win Lindsay! good luck against Svetlana!

Lindsayfan32
Sep 15th, 2006, 01:22 PM
Lindsay and Corina won their second round doubles match 7-6 6-1

lindsayno1
Sep 15th, 2006, 01:25 PM
Woo! Expected! Anywhere we can see the stats! Win against Kuzzy..!

TennisFan12047
Sep 15th, 2006, 03:20 PM
Alright let's smash through Sveta and set up a Schnyder final!
do your thing, Lindsay!

QUEENLINDSAY
Sep 15th, 2006, 06:02 PM
another two matches this Saturday, but this time, singles match is a lot tougher!!

Go Lindsay!! Been there, done that!! there's no reason you cannot win both titles here!!

shirley
Sep 15th, 2006, 06:06 PM
Nice win for Lindsay today to ease her through to the semi-finals. It will be a tougher match against Svetlana but I'm sure she can pull it through :bounce: and it's also good to see her and Corina doing well in the doubles too!

dav abu
Sep 15th, 2006, 06:32 PM
well done Lindsay :)

Bayo
Sep 15th, 2006, 07:12 PM
Next up Kuzzy.

Best of luck (as always) to Lindsay!

hurricanejeanne
Sep 15th, 2006, 07:32 PM
:worship: Lindsay in her singles match. Finished it off before I left for work again today very nice Linds.

:worship: Lindsay and Corina in doubles.

Good luck against Sveta tomorrow Lindsay, remember you have beaten her the last 3 times without dropping a set.

tennisboi
Sep 15th, 2006, 09:12 PM
Lindsay nice win:)Best of luck against Kuzy and in the doubles

Lindsayfan32
Sep 15th, 2006, 09:14 PM
Lindsay gota get out of holiday mode for this one it will tough but about time she got some tough to play. Great to see her still in the doubles too.

Nikki
Sep 15th, 2006, 09:45 PM
Good luck Lindsay & take both the titles home:bounce:

sweet_angel23
Sep 16th, 2006, 09:29 AM
Go lindsay!! :bounce:

lindsayno1
Sep 16th, 2006, 10:09 AM
tiebreak. lindsay has 2 set points against her 4-6 in tie break

lindsayno1
Sep 16th, 2006, 10:09 AM
ugh kuzzy won first set 7-6

BMP
Sep 16th, 2006, 10:31 AM
Yeah, that sucks... Lindsay has played like crap. Maybe she shouldn't have played both singles and doubles cos she probably got drained...

mike/topgun
Sep 16th, 2006, 10:34 AM
Yeah, that sucks... Lindsay has played like crap. Maybe she shouldn't have played both singles and doubles cos she probably got drained...
Exactly my thoughts.
Wait we've got a bp for 3-1 in the 2nd set...and it's 2 all.:rolleyes:
Now hold your serve Lindsay:bounce:

BMP
Sep 16th, 2006, 10:44 AM
2-4 now ;) We still have a chance for 3rd set

lindsayno1
Sep 16th, 2006, 10:44 AM
point for 5-2 come ooon

mike/topgun
Sep 16th, 2006, 10:45 AM
Lindsay leads 5-2;)
Now break Kuz serve and level the score:p
The 3rd set is coming...wonder if Lindsay's body holds up:scared:

lindsayno1
Sep 16th, 2006, 10:51 AM
how is she down 0-40 on her serve to make it back on serve!!!

lindsayno1
Sep 16th, 2006, 10:53 AM
meh 5-4. now break again dammit

Edit: 5-5. Lindsay!

mike/topgun
Sep 16th, 2006, 10:57 AM
Lindsay started to tank this match even before the 3rd set:(

mike/topgun
Sep 16th, 2006, 11:00 AM
S.Kuz bt L.Dav 7-6, 7-5:(

lindsayno1
Sep 16th, 2006, 11:01 AM
What its over already?

mike/topgun
Sep 16th, 2006, 11:07 AM
The scoreboard stopped at 7-6,6-5 *15-30 on Igor's serve a long time ago, so I assume it's over by now:shrug:

Lindsayfan32
Sep 16th, 2006, 11:09 AM
Well I don't get upset over a Lindsay loss at the best of times but this time I really can't. During the week my best friend lost her 7 month old nephew to a muscle wasting disease. While I'm bummed about the result. There is more to life than just sporting results.

mike/topgun
Sep 16th, 2006, 11:14 AM
correction: 7-6, 7-6 for the Kuz...

hurricanejeanne
Sep 16th, 2006, 11:17 AM
Lindsay has officially TANKED/CHOKED the match.
That's really cute.
Set points in the first set, up a break and served for it in the second. Lindsay's first full on mental midget match against a player she should beat since her return, and she didn't even bother getting it to a third set. Nice.
She didn't come back to lose in tier 3s. K.

Oh, and apparently I was the only one at the beginning that was uneasy with her playing doubles. She's 30. She's too old to play this shit twice in a day. She's played four weeks straight. She'll pull out of Beijing very soon.

She said yesturday in an article that she felt she was serving worse than she was in NY.
This is embarrassing.

lindsayno1
Sep 16th, 2006, 11:51 AM
Lindsay has officially TANKED/CHOKED the match.
That's really cute.
Set points in the first set, up a break and served for it in the second. Lindsay's first full on mental midget match against a player she should beat since her return, and she didn't even bother getting it to a third set. Nice.
She didn't come back to lose in tier 3s. K.

Oh, and apparently I was the only one at the beginning that was uneasy with her playing doubles. She's 30. She's too old to play this shit twice in a day. She's played four weeks straight. She'll pull out of Beijing very soon.

She said yesturday in an article that she felt she was serving worse than she was in NY.
This is embarrassing.

lol you need to detatch urself a bit

mike/topgun
Sep 16th, 2006, 11:52 AM
I bet she's not having fun atm. This is not embarrasing.
We should be worried if Lindsay's actually playing Beijing next, or Linz.:(
I hope it's only rust, fatigue...Hope it's not an injury.
She tanked, but she tanked against Igor, who's not a bad player after all. Bad luck we were in her half of the draw:shrug: :rolleyes:
Let's hope it's not the begining of the end. Let's hope it'll be a signal to Lindsay, that if she wants to play for the nest few moths she should skip doubles and work on her firtness and serve. Changing the gameplan would do well. Make the points as short as possible. A lot of improvements to do...so little time.

hurricanejeanne
Sep 16th, 2006, 12:00 PM
lol you need to detatch urself a bit

I got up at like 6.30 in the morning to check the scores and watch her tank.
I am just getting everything out of my system because chances are we're gonna hear it a couple of more time before the day is thru.
I have also had a very long, rough week myself and this just makes it even shittier.

It's fine to be full on out played.
It's fine if she's tired or injured because of her age. (and being stupid for playing doubles...WTF?)
It's not fine that she had the upperhand and the lead and let it go. I understand Lindsay's ranking is shit now but this is just wrong, I know Sveta's a decent player but still...Lindsay is usually consistant enough to beat her. And she should have.

Andrew called it, if Lindsay was a little off and Sveta had a good day she was toast.
I guess we wait to see what she has to say for herself. I doubt she'll play Beijing too.

Lindsayfan32
Sep 16th, 2006, 12:00 PM
Another thing that is really bugging the crap out of me. Everytime Lindsay loses a match its because she tanked never that her opponant played better than her. By all reports Lindsay was well below what she is capable of. But every post I have read in here says she tanked and just because she had beaten Kuzzy the last three times they have played doesn't mean it going happen this time. Your allowed to be disappointed I was too. We all have bad days and Lindsay is no different. I think Lindsay has been at the top for so long and you're all used to her winning you all assume when she doesn't she tanking. I for one no matter how she played during a match take her as giving a full effort and just remember this, Lindsay could announce her retirement at anytime and it won't be with much or any warning. Lets get behind her while she still playing the good, the bad and indifferent as she is going to be a long time gone.

mike/topgun
Sep 16th, 2006, 12:06 PM
LF32 I agree completly with you, but having a 5-2 lead before losing 6-7 is called "tanking". She tanked to a good player tho.
I'm seriously worried about the next week...or the next time we'll get to see her.

hurricanejeanne
Sep 16th, 2006, 12:25 PM
According to a poster that watched the match online:
Lindsay was not hurt, there was no taping on her. But that doesn't rule out that her shoulder may or may not have been bothering her.
Lindsay looked rusty and not fatigued.
I don't know why she'd still look rusty. She's been back for some time, and has been playing a lot which is why I was thinking fatigue. But apparently Lindsay would make stupid errors on rally shots. And her serve was just not there, too many second serves and a good chunk of double faults I guess. Lost the match on two wild backhands.

What's frustrating is that Lindsay had the lead in the match and threw it away on her errors.
If she had an off day and will play better next time then okay, whatever. But she shouldn't be doing this against someone like Kuznetsova, whom she leads in the head to head and is someone who is a headcase herself.
The thing is we can say "better luck next time", but the thing is there not too many next times left.
And losing in a tier three IS embarrassing. Strausbourg was embarrassing. This is embarrassing. (and I know I'm probably spelling embarrassing wrong too.)

We'll have to wait and hear from her, what's her excuse.

The Daviator
Sep 16th, 2006, 01:07 PM
Sveta is a Slam champ and a good player though! Remember Miami guys? I agree that had Linds been playing at a fairly high level, she would have won, but Sveta is the type of player, someone with weapons, who can take advantage of Lindsay playing poorly, personally, I think the doubles was a bad idea, I love the Lindsay-Corina pairing, but I think they should win this title and then call it a day, and go out on top :lol: Lindsay is 30 and very prone to fatigue/injuries, as we all know too well, she needs to save her energy...

All in all, it sucks, but it's done now, and hopefully she'll be more focused in Beijing...

PS, has anyone noticed the hate in GM? Just yesterday there was a post about how everyone liked her :tape:

Andrew..
Sep 16th, 2006, 01:19 PM
X.

Andrew..
Sep 16th, 2006, 01:21 PM
PS, has anyone noticed the hate in GM? Just yesterday there was a post about how everyone liked her :tape:
These things happen when a player starts laughing at their oppoenent's winners during a match.

hurricanejeanne
Sep 16th, 2006, 01:23 PM
Sveta is a Slam champ and a good player though! Remember Miami guys? I agree that had Linds been playing at a fairly high level, she would have won, but Sveta is the type of player, someone with weapons, who can take advantage of Lindsay playing poorly, personally, I think the doubles was a bad idea, I love the Lindsay-Corina pairing, but I think they should win this title and then call it a day, and go out on top :lol: Lindsay is 30 and very prone to fatigue/injuries, as we all know too well, she needs to save her energy...

All in all, it sucks, but it's done now, and hopefully she'll be more focused in Beijing...

I don't know, the more I think about it the more I start to think it was another match like the classic she put on against Dementieva at the Open last year.
Consistant Lindsay def. Sveta.
Inconsistant Lindsay loses. Lindsay was indeed inconsistant today. And Sveta can hit form out of nowhere too, apparently it was a combination of both. But, it's still frustrating that Lindsay had the lead in both sets and lost.

I agree about the doubles. I love Corina to death, but Lindsay gets hurt and tired so easily now it's not worth it.
Yeah, I noticed that about the hate. They always say if a player is hated they are still at the top, I guess that means Lindsay is still counted as a thread reguardless of how shitty her ranking and form is.

Oh, and Bartoli beat Patty...so I'm even more pissed. Damnit.
This week sucked. Next week will be worse for me. :sad:

lindsayno1
Sep 16th, 2006, 01:24 PM
Patty LOST! Oh FFS!

hurricanejeanne
Sep 16th, 2006, 01:25 PM
These things happen when a player starts laughing at their oppoenent's winners during a match.

Yeah, heard that too. Not happy memories. Nope. Not at all.

Andrew..
Sep 16th, 2006, 01:29 PM
I agree about the doubles. I love Corina to death, but Lindsay gets hurt and tired so easily now it's not worth it.
Why blame the loss on fatigue. She's spent very little time on court this tournament. If she's "tired" after that, then she's just lazy.

Yeah, I noticed that about the hate. They always say if a player is hated they are still at the top, I guess that means Lindsay is still counted as a thread reguardless of how shitty her ranking and form is.
No. People outside of her fanbase have generally accepted the fact that Lindsay is no longer a slam condender. The alleged "hate" is coming from people who are just tired of the general Davenport attitude, and from people tired of certain posters in GM, who feel the need to shove LINDSAY PLAYED LIKE CRAP IGOR SUCKS LINDSAY REALLY #1!!!!!!!!!111111 down people's throat.

Oh, and Bartoli beat Patty...so I'm even more pissed. Damnit.
This week sucked. Next week will be worse for me. :sad:
The tennis results of a person you don't even know ruin your week. It's time for me to leave now, before I say something mean.

lindsayno1
Sep 16th, 2006, 01:29 PM

Lindsay was laughing at Svetas winners?!!?

If its any consolation Lindsay and Corina are about to serve a bagel

Andrew..
Sep 16th, 2006, 01:33 PM
Lindsay was laughing at Svetas winners?!!?

If its any consolation Lindsay and Corina are about to serve a bagel
BFF!!!!

If Lindsay wants to play on tour part time, she should just do that.

hurricanejeanne
Sep 16th, 2006, 01:42 PM
Why blame the loss on fatigue. She's spent very little time on court this tournament. If she's "tired" after that, then she's just lazy.

No. People outside of her fanbase have generally accepted the fact that Lindsay is no longer a slam condender. The alleged "hate" is coming from people who are just tired of the general Davenport attitude, and from people tired of certain posters in GM, who feel the need to shove LINDSAY PLAYED LIKE CRAP IGOR SUCKS LINDSAY REALLY #1!!!!!!!!!111111 down people's throat.

The tennis results of a person you don't even know ruin your week. It's time for me to leave now, before I say something mean.

1. She's old that's why fatigue crept into my mind. Sorry.
2. Lindsay isn't a contender in slams. She hasn't been for a year. She never will be again. I know this. But her losing in a semi of a tier 3 is retarded. I love Lindsay and I want her to win and play her best, but losing to player she should beat and especially when she's in a position to beat is stupid.
3. No. It just makes Lindsay's loss more icky. Lindsay would have had a better shot for the title against Bartoli then Patty.

My week was ruined on Wednesday when I recieved a phonecall at work from my bank saying that I had some checks stolen, that had my signature forged on them and someone was trying to empty my bank account. They had already cashed two of the checks before they became suspicious. It doesn't help that the person who was robbing me was someone close to me.

Go ahead say something mean. The shit hit the fan for me long before Lindsay even lost in this tournament.
Okay.

Andrew..
Sep 16th, 2006, 01:48 PM
1. She's old that's why fatigue crept into my mind. Sorry.
Other players older than Lindsay have played both singles and doubles at the same time.

2. Lindsay isn't a contender in slams. She hasn't been for a year. She never will be again. I know this. But her losing in a semi of a tier 3 is retarded. I love Lindsay and I want her to win and play her best, but losing to player she should beat and especially when she's in a position to beat is stupid.
Lindsay isn't the same player she was a year ago, or even at the start of this year. Maybe she shouldn't be winning these matches anymore.

My week was ruined on Wednesday when I recieved a phonecall at work from my bank saying that I had some checks stolen, that had my signature forged on them and someone was trying to empty my bank account. They had already cashed two of the checks before they became suspicious. It doesn't help that the person who was robbing me was someone close to me.
Non-tennis. (http://www.wtaworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)

hurricanejeanne
Sep 16th, 2006, 01:55 PM
Other players older than Lindsay have played both singles and doubles at the same time.

Lindsay isn't the same player she was a year ago, or even at the start of this year. Maybe she shouldn't be winning these matches anymore.

Non-tennis. (http://www.wtaworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)

1. True, but no one else seems to have Lindsay's lovely mental outlook.

2. Maybe not, maybe she should have stayed retired this year. Considering she already was for the most part.

3. Did it already. Mulitpaged thread. You can look for it if you like.
I only made it know to you as you suggested that my week was ruined because of her. Sorry no. Bigger problems. Not looking for sympathy from you, just making it clear; you know, defending myself. But then again, you wouldn't believe me anyways.

Andrew..
Sep 16th, 2006, 02:09 PM
Davenport/Morariu def. (1) Vento-Kabchi/Widjaja 6-3 6-2.

I see she's very fatigued.

!<blocparty>!
Sep 16th, 2006, 02:15 PM
LOL.

Good luck in doubles Lindsay!!!!!

hurricanejeanne
Sep 16th, 2006, 02:25 PM
K.
Now she decides to win a match.
Vento-Kabchi/Widjaja aren't top ten singles players. But neither is Lindsay.

Congrats girls.

MH0861
Sep 16th, 2006, 03:06 PM
X.

:p

GrandSlam05
Sep 16th, 2006, 03:33 PM
Wow. She lost. Oh well now she can have more quality time with Leach. :p
I wasn't going to get that excited about a tier III title anyways. :shrug:
The funniest thing though is that Bartoli beat Schnyder. :tape:

hurricanejeanne
Sep 16th, 2006, 03:52 PM
A few quotes from Lindsay after todays loss...(I won't post the whole article)

From CBS Sportsline:
Davenport, seeded third, lamented her failure to close out the second set when victory was in such close reach.

"I just wasn't as sharp as I needed to be at the really close moments and that hurt me tonight," Davenport said. "She's obviously been playing a lot and playing with confidence, and sometimes that can be the deciding factor in the match."

and topix.com
It was a good match, very close," said Davenport, who has played in only six tournaments this season due to back problems as she missed nearly six months.

"She played better when she was down and I maybe let up a bit in the second set.

"It was just a few points here and there. A few of those going my way and the match could have been in my hands. "I wasn't playing as sharp as I would have liked, and that hurt me. She's been playing well and with lots of confidence." –– AFP

She has no confidence right now. That's not good.

MH0861
Sep 16th, 2006, 03:57 PM
I think you all can stop being so overdramatic, LOL. She lost. She blew a lead. It happens. Let's move on.. it's only an effing Tier III.

GrandSlam05
Sep 16th, 2006, 04:10 PM
I'm not upset whatsoever that she lost, but her calling it a "good match" is kind of troublesome.

hurricanejeanne
Sep 16th, 2006, 04:13 PM
But losing sucks... :p

I was fine with her losing to Justine because she owns Lindsay and there wasn't much of a chance there.
Losing to Sveta, whom she has a good record against after having leads and then saying she's not confident is not good when you look at the big picture.

Even a tier three title would have helped her confidence.

Personally, I am running on a very short fuse right now due to my personal issues that happened this week and this really didn't help me so early in the morning. And I've said it before, I'm naturally overdramatic. :o So you've all been warned.

But anyways good luck to the girls in doubles...I guess.

Kimmi
Sep 16th, 2006, 04:14 PM
Meh, it's a Tier III...

Bayo
Sep 16th, 2006, 04:20 PM
Meh, it's a Tier III...
Right.

Everybody has a slip-up now and then. Were Lindsay to play Kuzzy in the final of Beijing (their next possible meeting) and lose...then we'd have a problem.

Maybe Lindsay's still trying to kick out a few kinks. Lets just all keep our fingers crossed (and minds positive) for China.

TennisFan12047
Sep 16th, 2006, 04:42 PM
I know it's only a tier III, but still I'm kinda pissed with the result. You can't make downplay and rationalize this because it's a tier III. The fact that it's a tier III makes it all the more ridiculous that she couldn't at least get to the final. Granted, Kuznetsova is a good player, but she has done shit since the French and Lindsay has played really well against her in their last few matches.
Lindsay IS recently off a long injury, but Henin-Hardenne and Kuznetsova have made her look her age. Yeah she could (and should) have won her match against Svetlana, but the Henin-Hardenne match, to no one's shock, was never in reach.
I really hope she can pull it together and have a good showing in the Australian Open. Hey, if Henin isn't in her half of the draw then I think if she plays well she can get to the final. We just have to hope that Henin loses before that.
Good luck in Beijing Lindz!! Go get 'em!

Lindsayfan32
Sep 16th, 2006, 09:50 PM

I have to say I agree with you but I also disagree with you. Sveta has the weapons to take advantage of Lindsay on a bad day totally agree on that. Lindsay playing doubles in the long term I disagree with I think if she played doubles in select tournments it will help her with her singles in the long run. Lindsay said during the US open that her fitness is not where it was and needs to be and I think that's the problem as much her play right now and also remember ahe only been back playing for 4 weeks and that's not that long to get your game back after being out for 5 months.

hurricanejeanne
Sep 16th, 2006, 10:36 PM
some final closing quotes from Lindsay, from wtatour.com...

"I had chances today, with breaks in both sets, but she kept me under pressure and I couldn't seem to win the points that mattered," said Davenport, who was playing this event for the second time, having won the title last year. "After she held at 5-2 in the second that gave her some confidence and I played a sloppy game at 5-3. She's so tough; that's why she's in the Top 5 at the moment."

Inconsistant as hell Linds...come on you're better than that.
But it really seems, in retrospect that she just plain and simple had an off day and that Sveta had her on day.
I just hope that this doesn't become a habit.

jacs
Sep 17th, 2006, 05:05 AM
Guys, Linds is on vacation, what did you expect? :p

The Daviator
Sep 17th, 2006, 12:33 PM
Lindsay and Corina have won the doubles, 6-3 6-4 over Grandin/Musgrave, so the trip wasn't a complete disaster :lol:

LDF
Sep 17th, 2006, 12:33 PM
Lindsay and Corina won the doubles title, beating Grandin/Musgrave 6-3 6-4 in the final. :)

(Edit: Sorry Dav, didn't see your post when I wrote this!)

mike/topgun
Sep 17th, 2006, 01:58 PM
Nice.
It' s great for them to end on a high note as
it was probably their last match together:p
On the other hand Lindsay could play dobles for 10 more years and still win titles, even slams!;)

Andrew..
Sep 17th, 2006, 03:01 PM
So, maybe she is quitting soon.

hurricanejeanne
Sep 17th, 2006, 03:08 PM
Who the hell knows with this woman.
I swear...
Part of me can see here bowing out this year and part of me could see here playing until her knee blows out again.

The weeks wasn't a total wash at least. Hopefully her first doubles title since like 2003 will help her. Its not much, but it's something.

Congrats....I want pictures.

mike/topgun
Sep 17th, 2006, 03:27 PM
Originally Posted by Andrew..
So, maybe she is quitting soon.
Even after it was said that they were going to play the doubles together, I believe, that I actually wrote something like that it really seemed to be a "goodbye tour";)
It surely does feel like it, no?
We were really spoiled for such a long time...Who knows how many time there's left for Lindsay. Years, or months. Just enjoy people as long as Lindsay enjoys playing it.

lindsayno1
Sep 17th, 2006, 03:44 PM
eugh dont talk about knees blowing out. Not a good spot! SO painful!

hurricanejeanne
Sep 17th, 2006, 03:49 PM
eugh dont talk about knees blowing out. Not a good spot! SO painful!

I take it has happened to you then? Sorry... :hug:

If it's an consolation I have a screwed up shoulder that I get to have looked at on Tuesday to see if needs to be operated on.

lindsayno1
Sep 17th, 2006, 03:50 PM
i dislocated my knee and messed it up badly - had to have surgery on it. and did it again this summer which meant i couldnt go to the USO

LDF
Sep 17th, 2006, 03:55 PM
i dislocated my knee and messed it up badly - had to have surgery on it. and did it again this summer which meant i couldnt go to the USO

Sorry to hear that :hug:

hurricanejeanne
Sep 17th, 2006, 03:59 PM

:hug: so sorry.

hurricanejeanne
Sep 17th, 2006, 06:04 PM
Here's a Lindsay quote from after her Corina won the doubles title...from wtatour.com:

"I had another great time here in Bali and I'm glad to come away with another trophy," said Davenport, who won the singles in 2005 and was 7-0 here before the aforementioned loss to Kuznetsova. "Corina is my best friend, and in the plane coming to Bali I told her I really wanted to play doubles here. We've played with each other a lot over the years, but not so much lately, so it was great to pair up again and win the title."

Lindsay and Corina :awww: :hug:

I didn't know that this is only their fifth title together as a team. Huh, I guess you learn something new everyday.

Congrats girls. Best of luck in Beijing Lindsay. :)

davenport124
Sep 17th, 2006, 06:49 PM
Any pics from Bali?

Lindsayfan32
Sep 17th, 2006, 10:18 PM

I have two words to say Bugger and Ouch. Hope it gets better soon I have two shot knees you have my total sympathy.

BMP
Sep 17th, 2006, 10:53 PM
I'd love to see the pics of 'em with trophy.

By the way, how much will Lindsay's doubles rating improve after this win? from 9999 to...? :)

MH0861
Sep 18th, 2006, 02:29 AM
I'd love to see the pics of 'em with trophy.

By the way, how much will Lindsay's doubles rating improve after this win? from 9999 to...? :)

She doesn't have enough tournaments to enter the rankings. :lol:

lindsayno1
Sep 18th, 2006, 01:27 PM
I have two words to say Bugger and Ouch. Hope it gets better soon I have two shot knees you have my total sympathy.

lol thanks!