PDA

View Full Version : Jarmila Gajdosova = Aussie?

OZTENNIS
Sep 4th, 2006, 07:42 AM
IS JARMILA GOING TO BECOME AN AUSSIE CITIZEN? :eek: I HOPE SO!! :hearts: WE NEED SOME TALENT!! :cool:

Dani12
Sep 4th, 2006, 07:53 AM
Definitly. I'd love to have her over here.

SloKid
Sep 23rd, 2006, 09:57 AM
I hope not.

LefandePatty
Oct 25th, 2006, 09:14 PM
What's going on? :shrug:

Harvs
Apr 13th, 2007, 06:49 AM
There was a lot of news about this last year in the papers... but it all pretty much fizzled out. I would LOVE it to happen though, and I think it would be the best thing for Jarmilla's game.

Petkorazzi
Apr 13th, 2007, 12:45 PM
why must she become an aussie citizen? the slovakian Tennnis Federation doesnt support her or what? :confused:

Harvs
Apr 13th, 2007, 01:52 PM
She doesn't HAVE to change to Australia. There have just been reports that she has been interested...

Harvs
Apr 21st, 2007, 03:45 AM
She has now officialy gained residency and is applying for citizenship. If she is granted citizenship, she will be playing for Australia.

OZTENNIS
Apr 21st, 2007, 10:21 PM
:yeah:

GO JARKA

PointBlank
Apr 25th, 2007, 03:20 AM
Well her and her federation seem to not get on very well, but now with the split from Simon will she continue seeking Aussie citizenship or go to to her country?

esmak
Nov 8th, 2007, 08:32 AM
Jarmila Gajdosova = Aussie? It seems like yes :confused: :sad: :bigcry: :hysteric: :crying2: :mad:

Juanes
Nov 14th, 2007, 01:20 PM
Jarmila = hommie :)

Mr.Kardashian
Nov 15th, 2007, 09:13 AM
yes!

yolis
Nov 16th, 2007, 09:08 PM
I think she will be Aussie... I don´t know the reasons, but I am little bit disappointed...:(

IMPOSSIBLE
Nov 16th, 2007, 09:10 PM
Hope she slays Slovak,

PointBlank
Dec 2nd, 2007, 09:15 AM
She has switched over, she is just waiting for them to put AUS behind her name.

:woohoo:

Steffy6094
Dec 4th, 2007, 09:06 PM
She got it :) she is an Australian Player now :)

OZTENNIS
Dec 4th, 2007, 09:18 PM
:woohoo: took a while but good luck Aussie Jarmila

OZTENNIS
Dec 4th, 2007, 09:56 PM
ADOPTED Slovak tennis player Jarmila Gajdosova will continue her Aussie education among other Australian Open hopefuls at Melbourne Park this month.
Gajdosova will be top seed in the 16-player women's draw to playoff for a wildcard into the first grand slam of 2008.
And the hard-hitting 20-year-old may know as early as this week whether she can represent Australia in next years' Fed Cup competition.
Gajdosova, the world No. 142, is the leading direct entry into the women's field for the wildcard playoffs from December 15-21.
Ranked a career-high 64 in September last year after reaching the US Open third round, Gajdosova approached Tennis Australia two years ago to become an Australian and was awarded resident status a couple of months ago.
Australian Open tournament director Craig Tiley believes Gajdosova has a big future.
"She's a very good player. She has a big game, is a good athlete and she will be an asset for Australian tennis," Tiley said.
"She has been great hitting with the younger girls. And she will continue to raise the bar in women's tennis.
"It was her choice. There was no active recruitment on Tennis Australia's part and we haven't funded her at all.
"She can represent Australia now because she's a resident and has applied for citizenship and is working with our coaches.
"It's just a matter of course for her to be approved by the ITF (International Tennis Federation). It could take a day or a week or a month, but we're expecting to hear soon."
New South Wales pair Monique Adamczak and Sophie Ferguson and Victoria's Christina Wheeler also have singles rankings high enough for direct entry to the playoff draw, while Jelena Dokic, Jessica Moore (WA), Karolina Wlodarczak (Vic) and Daniella Dominikovic (NSW) were offered wildcards.
Under the selection policy, players ranked in the world's top 250 were accepted into the playoffs.
Mark Philippoussis headed the list of five direct entrants into the men's playoff draw.
The two-time grand slam finalist was joined by Robert Smeets (Qld), Alun Jones (ACT), Joe Sirianni (Vic) and Nick Lindahl (NSW).
Wildcards were awarded to Nathan Healey (NSW), Andrew Coelho (Vic), Samuel Groth (Vic), Carsten Ball (NSW) and 18-year-olds Greg Jones (NSW) and Brydan Klein (WA).
The last five places in the men's draw and final eight for the women's draw will be announced on Tuesday.
Meanwhile, Lleyton Hewitt is expected to test the new Plexicushion courts at Melbourne Park in the next two weeks.
Chris Guccione and Alicia Molik are among local players to give the hardcourt surface the thumbs up.
"We'll get more feedback as the international players start coming out in the next few weeks," Tiley said.

myriam forever
Dec 5th, 2007, 11:23 AM
That's a great news :bounce: :bounce:

yolis
Dec 5th, 2007, 01:12 PM
Good news? not for everyone...:rolleyes:
But itīs her choice...

Zoltan83
Dec 5th, 2007, 08:06 PM
Not a good news for Slovakia but a good one for Australia.

Come on Jarka!!!! :bounce:

Backhand_stille
Dec 21st, 2007, 06:45 PM
Dokic also take Aussi citzenship, but she is Serb!!!
That's so bad news for Slovakia tennis!!!
:worship:HANTUCHOVA AND CIBULKOVA:worship:

Marija Mirkovic is also Serb but plays for Australia!!

broncosven
Dec 21st, 2007, 08:44 PM
Theres an article on the Tennis Australia website that it all been finalised

http://www.tennisaustralia.com.au/pages/News.aspx?id=4&pageId=11478&HandlerId=2&archive=false&newsid=3669

~lollipop_girl~
Jan 10th, 2008, 12:31 PM
OK I am a little slow and only just realised this... I have no idea how i missed it before :tape:

I know Jarka wanted to change and I always told her that would be great but now I'm not sure how i feel about it :lol:
Coz Slovakia is my fave tennis country and my number one Fed Cup team it feels weird :p

But good for Jarka, she finally got what she wanted! :D

OZTENNIS
Jan 10th, 2008, 08:46 PM
Well she actually has to still represent Slovakia in competition until the ITF gives approval or she gains citizenship...so at the Australian Open, she will be playing for Slovakia

Harvs
Jan 10th, 2008, 10:38 PM
then why was she down as "AUS" for the gold coast?

also, i think we need a new name for this subforum?

Something simple... like 'Just Jarka', or like 'Jarka J(something)'

any ideas?

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Jan 10th, 2008, 11:07 PM
AUS will be next to her name at AO!

Droolv
Jan 11th, 2008, 12:28 AM
She has drawn Serena in round 1 :help:

Good luck Jarka :D

Ben.
Jan 11th, 2008, 12:35 AM
Great experience for Jarka :D be on RLA for sure. shame i don't RLA tickets unless they on Vodafone.