PDA

View Full Version : How much, do you think the Net knows about you?

ys
Dec 13th, 2001, 10:39 PM
Our profiles have little information. Most of us are aware of possibilities and incredible information capacity of the Net. Yet, how much information, do you think, can be gotten about you, if, say, very knowledgeable and skillful Web searcher would try ones best to collect all possible information about you starting from your WtaWorld profile only?

Randy H
Dec 13th, 2001, 11:33 PM
tons of personal information for me, it's extremely easy to find personal information on others just by knowing a few small details about a person. i guess it just depends how much that sort of thing concerns you. for myself personally, it doesn't bother me...it probably should, and you hear bad stories from time to time about crazy people online etc. but i honestly don't really care who knows my phone number, who knows where i live, or whatever. i'm just not paranoid about it.

StevenM
Dec 13th, 2001, 11:46 PM
ditto randy!

per4ever
Dec 14th, 2001, 05:19 AM
you are probably talking about content of a website, but you have no idea how many information you are sharing when you are online..

gentenaire
Dec 14th, 2001, 08:19 AM
I realise full well that it's easy to find lots of info about me online. But unless someone starts messing with my credit card, or comes knocking on my door in the middle of the night, I don't really care. I know full well what I bought online and what I didn't. So if I see something on my credit card bill that I didn't buy, I'm not going to pay for it! It's the shop owner who's taking risks, not me. If I say I didn't buy it, and the shop owner can't prove it was me who bought it, I don't have to pay.

TennisToriTerrificTwosome
Apr 28th, 2002, 11:35 AM
Im like whatever. Id probably be scared shitless though if someone did come to my house or what not and asked for me. It would be totally weird.

~ The Leopard ~
Apr 28th, 2002, 11:39 AM
*Too* much.