PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know Lindsay's Fall Schedule?

hurricanejeanne
Aug 27th, 2006, 02:01 PM
Does anyone know if Lindsay has commited to any of the fall indoor tournaments that she usually plays? I ask because of two reasons:
1. We can't get entry lists on this site anymore.
2. A lot of the early commitments have come out for Stuttgart(Filderstadt), Zurich, and Moscow and she isn't listed in any of them.

I know she didn't commit to anything past Beijing, but her shoulder being sore I doubt she'll play there or Bali. But if she's counting on entering late, tlhe tour isn't going to let her.

Anyone know her upcoming schedule?

santhuruu
Aug 27th, 2006, 04:03 PM
She'll probably play Zürich and Stuttgart I think.

hurricanejeanne
Aug 27th, 2006, 05:33 PM
Yeah, those are the obvious tournaments, but she hasn't commited yet according to the early lists in the tournament forum.
I'd like some sort of confirmation. This, to me, is worrisome.

Kimmi
Aug 27th, 2006, 05:38 PM
She'll play whatever that jackass Larry Snot lets her. Prick.

But yeah, I'm hoping for some European tournaments. I agree, Filderstadt (I'm sorry, it will always be Filderstadt to me :)) would be sweet and Zurich too.

I wouldn't worry though, she said she was leaving the ass end of the year empty so she coulddecide what to do. The only thing I would worry about it whether or not she can get in *cough*Larryisanasshole*cough*

hurricanejeanne
Aug 27th, 2006, 05:54 PM
She'll play whatever that jackass Larry Snot lets her. Prick.

But yeah, I'm hoping for some European tournaments. I agree, Filderstadt (I'm sorry, it will always be Filderstadt to me :)) would be sweet and Zurich too.

I wouldn't worry though, she said she was leaving the ass end of the year empty so she coulddecide what to do. The only thing I would worry about it whether or not she can get in *cough*Larryisanasshole*cough*

Yeah, I know she didn't commit to anything after May(when the commitments for Bali/Beijing were do) because she didn't know if she was coming back.

Lindsay has a lot of connections with the people at the tournaments in Filderstadt(it will always be there to me too, one of my favorite courts) and in Zurich. But yeah, considering what went down over Montreal, it's concerning. *cough* Larryisafucktard *cough*.

GrandSlam05
Aug 27th, 2006, 06:07 PM
It sucks that the USO will be the last time I'll get to see her on tv this year.

hurricanejeanne
Aug 27th, 2006, 06:17 PM
It sucks that the USO will be the last time I'll get to see her on tv this year.
:hug: I have the tennis channel so she better be playing the indoors...the channel seemed so useless this spring during the clay season(even though she never plays them).
oh, there was one good thing, they showed this old school fed cup match from 1994 when Lindsay played Mary. That was nice. I tried taping it, but it didn't work.

GrandSlam05
Aug 27th, 2006, 07:34 PM
I am considering getting TTC, but I have to buy a "sports package" I think. And the lady on the phone couldn't quote me prices yet. :o I wish they would just let me order TTC and nothing else. I don't want to have to pay a bunch of money for a package of football/basketball/hockey/god knows what else channels that I'll never watch. :mad: I wish I could get Dish Network. :(

hurricanejeanne
Aug 27th, 2006, 08:03 PM
I am considering getting TTC, but I have to buy a "sports package" I think. And the lady on the phone couldn't quote me prices yet. :o I wish they would just let me order TTC and nothing else. I don't want to have to pay a bunch of money for a package of football/basketball/hockey/god knows what else channels that I'll never watch. :mad: I wish I could get Dish Network. :(

What do you have?
I had DirecTV until Christmas time last year, then we switch to Dish Network because the prices where a touch lower for the same channels and my parents are always looking for a good deal. We had it for about two months and then they showed this month of free TTC and I made my dad order it...it's in a larger package but it's worth it. I mean they show a lot of bullshit but when there's a tournament that espn doesn't cover it's a miracle worker.
It's comes in handy for those fed cup matches and the indoors and like I said the clay season. We pay about $70-75 a month for out package.

Andrew..
Aug 28th, 2006, 12:33 AM
Lindsay is on the Bali and Beijing entry lists. She is not on the Stuttgart entry list.

GrandSlam05
Aug 28th, 2006, 12:54 AM
Well, it turns out I do have the TTC channel. So either the cable guy gave me the hookup or I get all this shit for free for a month or so.

hurricanejeanne
Aug 28th, 2006, 01:09 AM
Don't you love when you discover stuff like that, we went thru about two years of getting free movie channels back in the day...oops. ;)

Meh, at her not being on the entry list for Stuttgart. I'm not surprised though. If she does play Beijing, there is only one week between the two tournaments. But it sucks, she plays so well during the indoors and I am not sure if she'll even play the two Asian tournaments as it is.

Andrew, you have access to the lists don't you?
Do you know about the other fall indoor events?

Andrew..
Aug 28th, 2006, 01:14 AM
I'm looking at the lists right now.

Stuttgart is as far out as they go right now. More should come out next week.

hurricanejeanne
Aug 28th, 2006, 01:21 AM
I'm looking at the lists right now.

Stuttgart is as far out as they go right now. More should come out next week.

Doing the math from when the lists were axed from this site, it sounds about right.
I understand she tends to be "unmotivated by these fall tournaments", especially as she isn't making the YEC, so there's no big tourny at the end, but what do you think she'll play, if anything?

Andrew..
Aug 28th, 2006, 01:23 AM
Nothing.

Maybe she'll quit.

hurricanejeanne
Aug 28th, 2006, 01:27 AM
Seriously?

Andrew..
Sep 10th, 2006, 03:45 PM
Moscow list is out. Lindsay isn't on it.

hurricanejeanne
Sep 10th, 2006, 04:28 PM
I think it's safe to say she won't be playing the indoors.

mike/topgun
Sep 10th, 2006, 05:12 PM
well, she needs to make the decion, whether to play in Europe or not. Maybe she'll play Linz???just to get some points. She needs to be sede in next year Aussie Open to dream about a good run there. But if she's not fit, committed and playing well...then skip the fall season go to Melbourne and Dubey and retire in IW...Wonder what's her plan after Beijing, if she plays there.
Let's hope she's healthy first:tape:

hurricanejeanne
Sep 10th, 2006, 05:36 PM
Well, LF32 posted an article from the NYTimes in the 'Lindsay at the US Open' thread a couple of days ago. The article is on page 33 of that thread. I will copy the part dealing with the indoor tournaments.

Davenport said in an interview last month that she had nearly sued the WTA Tour because it would not grant her wild cards to enter two tournaments this summer. She wanted the Tour to exercise a rule that she contended allows her, as a veteran, the flexibility to make a late commitment so she would not have to pull out because of injury.

But the WTA Tour’s chief executive, Larry Scott, interpreted the rule as not applying to her. Not wanting a confrontation, Davenport did not file a lawsuit, preferring to concentrate on results. But yesterday, she was having second thoughts because the issue came up again.

Davenport had wanted to enter a top-level October tournament in Zurich. She said she was told that she missed the deadline by three days and that Scott would not apply the exemption.

In a nut shell she wants to play at least Zurich, but again, they ain't gonna let her. Hence, she is not playing the indoors. Unless she enters Linz. Don't count on it.

Andrew..
Sep 10th, 2006, 06:10 PM
Well, LF32 posted an article from the NYTimes in the 'Lindsay at the US Open' thread a couple of days ago. The article is on page 33 of that thread. I will copy the part dealing with the indoor tournaments.

Davenport said in an interview last month that she had nearly sued the WTA Tour because it would not grant her wild cards to enter two tournaments this summer. She wanted the Tour to exercise a rule that she contended allows her, as a veteran, the flexibility to make a late commitment so she would not have to pull out because of injury.

But the WTA Tour’s chief executive, Larry Scott, interpreted the rule as not applying to her. Not wanting a confrontation, Davenport did not file a lawsuit, preferring to concentrate on results. But yesterday, she was having second thoughts because the issue came up again.

Davenport had wanted to enter a top-level October tournament in Zurich. She said she was told that she missed the deadline by three days and that Scott would not apply the exemption.

In a nut shell she wants to play at least Zurich, but again, they ain't gonna let her. Hence, she is not playing the indoors. Unless she enters Linz. Don't count on it.
I don't understand how she keeps "missing" these deadlines. And Zurich entries haven't even closed yet. :confused:

If she wants to play, she will. She'd be at the top of the next in list. Only one player would need to pull out. And she could always take a wildcard. The only WC the WTA can hold onto is the G/SE WC.

mike/topgun
Sep 10th, 2006, 06:12 PM
I've seen this article before, but it only says that she wanted to play in Zurich and they didn't let her. She should play Linz - it's 195 points! If she's fit an playing Bali, Beijing she could enter Linz...decision time.

mike/topgun
Sep 10th, 2006, 06:19 PM
That's right Andrew. She could play in Zurich, if 1 player withdrew and we can be almost sure one will withdraw...The question rather is - does Lindsay want to play there? Will she be fit? :tape:

We should create a new thread, and Lindsay should write a book:
"Missing deadlines with Larry Scott" by Lindsay Davenport:rolleyes:

:wavey:

hurricanejeanne
Sep 10th, 2006, 06:23 PM
I don't understand how she keeps "missing" these deadlines. And Zurich entries haven't even closed yet. :confused:

If she wants to play, she will. She'd be at the top of the next in list. Only one player would need to pull out. And she could always take a wildcard. The only WC the WTA can hold onto is the G/SE WC.

It sounds like because she didn't commit to the tournament that the tour won't let her into the next in list.
I'm just as confused as you are. I don't understand. I don't understand her motive for lying though, that's not her nature.

Andrew..
Sep 10th, 2006, 06:29 PM
It sounds like because she didn't commit to the tournament that the tour won't let her into the next in list.
I'm just as confused as you are. I don't understand. I don't understand her motive for lying though, that's not her nature.
They can't keep her off of a next-in list. All WTA members are given the right to enter tournaments. What it looks like they're doing is refusing to grant her G/SE status.

hurricanejeanne
Sep 10th, 2006, 06:33 PM
They can't keep her off of a next-in list. All WTA members are given the right to enter tournaments. What it looks like they're doing is refusing to grant her G/SE status.

And that would cause all of this trouble? I am not educated on the ins and outs of this working part of the tour. But don't they grant the gold and silver exempt status at the start of the seasons? Meaning they can't take it away until the end of the season?
Can they deny that status?

mike/topgun
Sep 10th, 2006, 06:54 PM
they can...
it is all about good faith, bona fidei obligations...
but if she's on GEE list it may be different

MH0861
Sep 10th, 2006, 07:07 PM
Her fall schedule is raking leaves, shopping, cooking, sleeping, and reading. See you in January.

Andrew..
Sep 10th, 2006, 07:54 PM
And that would cause all of this trouble? I am not educated on the ins and outs of this working part of the tour. But don't they grant the gold and silver exempt status at the start of the seasons? Meaning they can't take it away until the end of the season?
Can they deny that status?
If she didn't comply with the GE rules and failed to meet certain obligations, then they can pull her status.

Andrew..
Sep 10th, 2006, 07:54 PM
Her fall schedule is raking leaves, shopping, cooking, sleeping, and reading. See you in January.
Leaves don't fall in Socal.

And Lindsay doesn't cook.

hurricanejeanne
Sep 10th, 2006, 07:58 PM
If she didn't comply with the GE rules and failed to meet certain obligations, then they can pull her status.

And it sounds like they're doing this, if they haven't already.
Because she didn't comply with the rules by not commiting.

I can't see her on the next in list, those pullouts can be extremely late noticed and she isn't going to wait to see if she can get in or not.

She'll scrap the season post Beijing. That's probably why she's playing doubles with Corina.

Meh, and she'll end up with her lowest ranking since like 1993.

mike/topgun
Sep 10th, 2006, 08:06 PM
You say Lindsay doesn't cook...SDo who does the cooking in mrs Leach house?
I hope it's not yet when she decides...
to learn how to cook:lol:

hurricanejeanne
Sep 10th, 2006, 08:12 PM
Jon does the cooking.
I doubt she'll try to learn, she's spoiled.

MH0861
Sep 10th, 2006, 08:38 PM
Leaves don't fall in Socal.

And Lindsay doesn't cook.

Sorry.

Substitute "raking leaves" and "cooking" for "Watching the Ducks" and "Eating."

hurricanejeanne
Sep 10th, 2006, 08:51 PM
Sorry.

Cut to the chase, she'll be "practicing procreation".

Andrew..
Sep 10th, 2006, 10:36 PM
Sorry.

She'll be eating bonbons on the beach with Gwen, Marissa and all those cool Laguna Beach kidz.

Andrew..
Sep 10th, 2006, 10:41 PM
And it sounds like they're doing this, if they haven't already.
Because she didn't comply with the rules by not commiting.

I can't see her on the next in list, those pullouts can be extremely late noticed and she isn't going to wait to see if she can get in or not.

She'll scrap the season post Beijing. That's probably why she's playing doubles with Corina.

Meh, and she'll end up with her lowest ranking since like 1993.
Top players go on next-in lists alot when they miss deadlines. It happens in New Haven almost every year.

If she wants to go out like this, then that's fine. But if she intends on playing next year, the stupidest thing she can do is skip the indoor season. Without those points, she could be looking at an AO seeding outside of the top 24.

hurricanejeanne
Sep 10th, 2006, 10:52 PM
Top players go on next-in lists alot when they miss deadlines. It happens in New Haven almost every year.

If she wants to go out like this, then that's fine. But if she intends on playing next year, the stupidest thing she can do is skip the indoor season. Without those points, she could be looking at an AO seeding outside of the top 24.

What I don't understand if she and the article is reporting that she missed the deadline and tour won't give her the exemption and you're saying the deadline hasn't passed, then what the hell is going on? None of it is adding up.
I wish she'd just enter the tournament like a normal player. Her ranking is shit anyways.
Has the Zurich list been released yet anyways? When is/was the deadline for entries.
I doubt she'll enter anyways. I'd wish she'd just be honest about her plans.

GrandSlam05
Sep 10th, 2006, 11:47 PM
Cut to the chase, she'll be "practicing procreation".
practice makes perfect. ;)

hurricanejeanne
Sep 11th, 2006, 12:44 AM
What I don't understand if she and the article is reporting that she missed the deadline and tour won't give her the exemption and you're saying the deadline hasn't passed, then what the hell is going on? None of it is adding up.
I wish she'd just enter the tournament like a normal player. Her ranking is shit anyways.
Has the Zurich list been released yet anyways? When is/was the deadline for entries.
I doubt she'll enter anyways. I'd wish she'd just be honest about her plans.

K. According to the "More tournaments forum" on this site, the entry list for Zurich is out, as of September 5. There are only three top players missing from it: Clijsters, Petrova, and shockingly Davenport. She missed the entry list deadline by three days.
Unless she decides to enter the next in list she will not be playing this tournament. There I answered my own question.

Alas, furthermore, the question is the "exemption" referred to in the article. Is this Lindsay's G/SE that Larry Scott won't let her use because of her not commiting to a schedule back in the spring?
I hope she puts herself on the next in list, but I doubt she will. Just play something this fall Linds. That's all.

Andrew..
Sep 11th, 2006, 01:46 AM
K. According to the "More tournaments forum" on this site, the entry list for Zurich is out, as of September 5. There are only three top players missing from it: Clijsters, Petrova, and shockingly Davenport. She missed the entry list deadline by three days.
Unless she decides to enter the next in list she will not be playing this tournament. There I answered my own question.
Ack. Can't believe I missed that. I don't look on this site anymore for entry lists. :p

Alas, furthermore, the question is the "exemption" referred to in the article. Is this Lindsay's G/SE that Larry Scott won't let her use because of her not commiting to a schedule back in the spring?
I hope she puts herself on the next in list, but I doubt she will. Just play something this fall Linds. That's all.
She's not playing this fall. It's really annoying, because if she did, she'd have a serious shot at a top 16 seed at the AO...

Andrew..
Sep 11th, 2006, 01:50 AM
By the way... I'm pretty convinced she'll play next year, which is why I'm upset about this. She's just not doing herself any favors.

hurricanejeanne
Sep 11th, 2006, 01:53 AM
Ack. Can't believe I missed that. I don't look on this site anymore for entry lists. :p

She's not playing this fall. It's really annoying, because if she did, she'd have a serious shot at a top 16 seed at the AO...
Yeah, I completely forgot about them too. I just happen to be meandering over that way in frustration and TBE was dropping tons of hints, besides, there are posters who are posting re-typings of the lists in the tournament forums.

You can't see her "entering late on the next in list"?
Or like I said, I still think the tour just won't let her enter tournaments late in any fashion. They've probably revoked her gold silver exempt status too. She should sue them.

hurricanejeanne
Sep 11th, 2006, 01:57 AM
By the way... I'm pretty convinced she'll play next year, which is why I'm upset about this. She's just not doing herself any favors.

I know what you mean. This is terribly frustrating. She's putting her chances of being a top twenty player by January in the hands of those ranked around her in hopes that they suck this fall.
She's making me go gray at 21.

mike/topgun
Sep 11th, 2006, 09:59 AM
They've probably revoked her gold silver exempt status too. She should sue them.
Maybe.
But I think it's legal what they did to Lindsay taking away her status, cos she didn't match the committment lists and stuff. Though they should make an exception for her as she's 14 years on tour, 4 times year end n1, 3 times GS champ, great ambasador for the sport and so on...She should be on GEE, but she's not. The tour sucks right now. They are losing money with the withdrawals. It must be somehting more between Lindsay and Larry.:(

hurricanejeanne
Sep 11th, 2006, 10:33 AM
Maybe.
But I think it's legal what they did to Lindsay taking away her status, cos she didn't match the committment lists and stuff. Though they should make an exception for her as she's 14 years on tour, 4 times year end n1, 3 times GS champ, great ambasador for the sport and so on...She should be on GEE, but she's not. The tour sucks right now. They are losing money with the withdrawals. It must be somehting more between Lindsay and Larry.:(

Well, I believe the main reason she'd be suing them is for them not invoking the veteran rule that would allow her late entry/wildcards due to her long term status on tour and such.
I think she said it started back last fall, I believe she's referring to Philadelphia and that strange pullout...the fact that the tour held her withdrawl forever in order to increase ticket sales only to have her pull out with the "flu" and piss off a few people who were going to go. She also I believe said in the spring that she wasn't too fond of this manditory Miami shit, and I'm sure she isn't too fond of all the other changes that the tour is to add in the future. So it's a snowballing affect. The commitment list thing in the spring and the wildcard/entry thing now is just too much.

Also, question: If Lindsay does play next season, will the tour reinstate her gold/silve exempt status even if she hangs it up for the year post Beijing?

Andrew..
Sep 12th, 2006, 12:53 AM
"Now I'm excited about Beijing because I've never been to China but after that I don't know. I would like to play Zurich if I'm feeling good, but we'll see. I don't even think it matters if I finish in the United States. I don't have visions of where it's going to be."

What the fuck.

hurricanejeanne
Sep 12th, 2006, 01:01 AM
"Now I'm excited about Beijing because I've never been to China but after that I don't know. I would like to play Zurich if I'm feeling good, but we'll see. I don't even think it matters if I finish in the United States. I don't have visions of where it's going to be."

What the fuck.

LOL...my thoughts exactly.
What the hell does "feeling good" mean? The tour will let me into the tournament? Or I guess I kinda like Europe and I want to try and have a semi decent ranking for next year?
you know, if she plays next year. I've only been in this sport/a Lindsay fan for like 3 year. Has she always been like this?

mike/topgun
Sep 12th, 2006, 01:14 PM
Has she always been like this?
no,
before that she was committed, silently doing her job, respectful and so on...
She's been different since all the injuries...It's been all about "feeling good" during the last 5 years, it's very much about being healthy for her. She's not planning anymore. The tour f**ked her, she's not GEE, whil she should be. She's been a pro since Feb,1993...it'll be 14 years next Feb. Then she'll get the status. I guess Lindsay hasn't got the GE privileges anymore, cos she refused to match the committment list...if she commits for the next year, till Jul'07, she'll be GEE after Feb'07?

The Daviator
Sep 14th, 2006, 12:27 PM
Great news, she's down for Linz :bounce: I was worried we'd have to wait until Oz to see her next after she's done in Beijing, a good event for her too, can't wait :D

mike/topgun
Sep 14th, 2006, 01:04 PM
nice to hear that:D
now enter Zurich and wait for the withdrawals:devil:

Andrew..
Sep 14th, 2006, 01:12 PM
Oh, but she doesn't know what she's doing after Asia. And she's never motivated to play this time of year.

Sigh... if she only had some plan more than a few weeks in advance, she wouldn't NEED these wildcards.

mike/topgun
Sep 14th, 2006, 02:16 PM
Sigh... if she only had some plan more than a few weeks in advance, she wouldn't NEED these wildcards.
And if she has decided to play next year, there'd be no problem with her GEE status...no issues with LS.

hurricanejeanne
Sep 14th, 2006, 07:57 PM
And if she has decided to play next year, there'd be no problem with her GEE status...no issues with LS.

So if Lindsay asked/applied for GEE during the offseason, she'd get it?

YAY! for her playing Linz, isn't she like undefeated there? And the field usually turns to shit anyways. Bring on the 195 points. yayness. :D

Oh, and please play Zurich. :)

hurricanejeanne
Sep 14th, 2006, 08:46 PM
LOL at the list at the moments...it's overpacked. They'll be a four big name pull outs before we get there.
I don't care, as long as Lindsay shows up, is healthy, gets a good draw and kicks ass we're good. Time to get our immaculate tier two record back. Yup.

MH0861
Sep 20th, 2006, 03:55 PM
OMG! Lindsay is playing in Quebec City. :eek:

LDF
Sep 20th, 2006, 04:03 PM
OMG! Lindsay is playing in Quebec City. :eek:

Yep, I just saw that :eek:

So she's playing in Canada the week after playing in Austria? :confused:

mike/topgun
Sep 20th, 2006, 04:07 PM
OMG! Lindsay is playing in Quebec City.
No:silly:
really:confused:
that's bizarre:lol:

but it's a tier III, and the title is hers, it's like 120pts:yeah:
if she bothers to show up;)

The Daviator
Sep 20th, 2006, 06:49 PM
She's playing Quebec! :eek:

Well I think we can safely say she'll end the year with a title :lol: Good choice IMO :yeah:

The Daviator
Sep 20th, 2006, 06:49 PM
Yep, I just saw that :eek:

So she's playing in Canada the week after playing in Austria? :confused:

It's on her route home ;)

LDF
Sep 20th, 2006, 06:54 PM
It's on her route home ;)

:lol:

It's going to be difficult to adapt to the time difference that quickly though (assuming she goes deep in Linz)...

I'm pleased to see her on the list anyway! :D

LindsayRulz
Sep 20th, 2006, 07:13 PM
Omg I Will Maybe See Lindsay 4 The First Time Of My Life!!!!

hurricanejeanne
Sep 20th, 2006, 07:48 PM
:speakles:
She's playing Quebec City!!!
Holy Death. Maybe she is gonna play next year. She wants points. Allez!

Oh, and seeing as I live in Michigan, Quebec isn't that far...if only I weren't poor.

bis2806
Sep 21st, 2006, 05:46 AM
Where does it say that she'll play in Quebec?

Lindsayfan32
Sep 21st, 2006, 10:24 AM
:speakles:
She's playing Quebec City!!!
Holy Death. Maybe she is gonna play next year. She wants points. Allez!

Oh, and seeing as I live in Michigan, Quebec isn't that far...if only I weren't poor.

I think the same thing every January during the Oz open I live a 90 minute train ride from Melbourne park. Dam being a poor student.

MH0861
Sep 21st, 2006, 12:06 PM
Where does it say that she'll play in Quebec?

Go to the tournament forum and the entry list/who's playing thread (whatever it's called).

LethalLindsay
Sep 23rd, 2006, 03:13 PM
She is not enterd on the tournaments website entry list. Hantuchova is the highest seed.

Andrew..
Sep 23rd, 2006, 03:15 PM
She is not enterd on the tournaments website entry list. Hantuchova is the highest seed.
That's last year's list.

MH0861
Oct 12th, 2006, 02:49 PM
Out of Linz and Quebec City.

:(

LDF
Oct 12th, 2006, 03:48 PM
Disappointing, but not unexpected. Playing both tournaments when Quebec is on the other side of the Atlantic and the week afterwards always seemed iffy. :(

Ugh, and now her ranking will fall below 25.

Hopefully she'll come back in 2007 in good form and put together a little run at the Australian Open. She'll probably draw Justine in R3 or something though :o

tennisboi
Oct 12th, 2006, 04:16 PM
Out of Linz and Quebec City:(

Oh no I was expecting this:sad:What's the reason now?I fear it's the end :tape:

The Daviator
Oct 12th, 2006, 05:49 PM
Damn, shame we won't see her again this year, only the second time in her career she's ended a season title-less :sad:

Why did she committ? That's what I'm wondering, just for the fun of it? She either intended on playing or she didn't, maybe she's made her mind up about something recently? :sad:

Anyway, I don't really care about her ranking, she couldn't win a Slam as the #1, or during all those years in the top 10, she'd still run into JH-H or Sharapova at some point if she was ranked higher, so it's irrelevant...

I hope she plays one more AO and one more Wimbledon, but even that's looking suspect now...

mike/topgun
Oct 12th, 2006, 06:30 PM
As I expected...

it could be the end, but I guess that if she's healthy then maybe next year she'll play some tourneys:shrug:

Either Lindsay made up her mind at last, or she's still not ready to commit.:(

LindsayRulz
Oct 12th, 2006, 07:31 PM
no!!!!!! :sad:

Now play and win the AO Lindsay!

hurricanejeanne
Oct 12th, 2006, 07:51 PM
no!!!!!! :sad:

Now play and win the AO Lindsay!

Your commentator was right. :sad:

I don't know what to think.
Personally I am know wondering how her name was even on those lists in the first place? She doesn't normally play those tournaments and she only expressed interest in Zurich, but alas didn't enter, for whatever the reason. And with all the crap she has going on between her and tour at the moment I wouldn't be surprised if they entered her name against her will or something. I don't know. She will have to now swallow her worst ranking since 1993. Perhaps she realized that this year was a total wash anyways, but I have my doubts. :sad:

It's also not surprising. She didn't talk about playing these tournaments when the lists came out...so...I don't know. I'm just disappointed right now. I missed her so much this year and then she bails again. I just hope she's a.) not hurt and b.) doesn't retire. :scared:

Honestly, I'm not sure she'll comeback. We'll have to go through another 3 months at least without seeing or hearing from her. Me thinks the worst.

Lindsay please comeback. Please.

mike/topgun
Oct 12th, 2006, 08:04 PM
and we get paranoid again...
if she was ready to commit, she would have done it
Lindsay's not having fun out there, cos she played crap in Bali and Beijing she was losing. Nobody likes to lose, whatever the reason.

She's married, so she may be preganant aswell:p

hurricanejeanne
Oct 12th, 2006, 08:22 PM
and we get paranoid again...
if she was ready to commit, she would have done it
Lindsay's not having fun out there, cos she played crap in Bali and Beijing she was losing. Nobody likes to lose, whatever the reason.

She's married, so she may be preganant aswell:p

Can we not start the pregnancy crap again.

I don't think she ever intended on playing these tournaments, that are out of character for her, especially QC. I wouldn't be surprised, not saying they did, if the tour entered her name. I wouldn't put it pass them at this point.
I think if she had intended on it, she would have said something when asked about the her future in Asia, she only mentioned the possibility of playing Zurich, which turned into a no.

I just hope she plays next year, reguardless of her ranking. I just hope she still has it in her to play. But I have my doubts.
Cue the paranoia music.

lindsayno1
Oct 12th, 2006, 10:25 PM
meeeh. see u in january!

Andrew..
Oct 13th, 2006, 01:23 AM
Can we not start the pregnancy crap again.

I don't think she ever intended on playing these tournaments, that are out of character for her, especially QC. I wouldn't be surprised, not saying they did, if the tour entered her name. I wouldn't put it pass them at this point.
I think if she had intended on it, she would have said something when asked about the her future in Asia, she only mentioned the possibility of playing Zurich, which turned into a no.

I just hope she plays next year, reguardless of her ranking. I just hope she still has it in her to play. But I have my doubts.
Cue the paranoia music.
Lolz. The EVIL TOUR again.

Maybe she just quit. The end.

hurricanejeanne
Oct 13th, 2006, 02:08 AM
Lolz. The EVIL TOUR again.

Maybe she just quit. The end.

K.
Maybe she quit.
Maybe she never intended on playing past Beijing in the first place.
We don't know.
I'd just like a reason for the withdraws of her name from both lists. I guess that's asking too much.

The tour isn't "evil" it's not run properly but Lindsay is also to blame for not getting into Zurich, the only fall indoor tournament she had interest in playing. She has a calendar, she must have known she was late in entering. She knows she can't get the GE wildcard. She could have sat on the next in list. She decided for whatever reason it wasn't worth it and ends her season.

At the end of the day Lindsay's 2006 is done.
There's no use in arguing over the how and the why.

Matt01
Oct 13th, 2006, 08:30 PM
Lindsay's Fall Schedule?

Such a thing doesn't exist :o

Andrew..
Oct 13th, 2006, 08:32 PM
At the end of the day Lindsay's career is done.
There's no use in arguing over the how and the why.
Modified for accuracy.

hurricanejeanne
Oct 13th, 2006, 09:18 PM
Modified for accuracy.

K.

If it is, then it was a great career and I'll miss her a lot.
If it isn't then I will continue to support her until the end.

Andrew..
Oct 14th, 2006, 12:57 AM
The end.

MH0861
Oct 14th, 2006, 03:38 AM
The end.

Atleast Elena Bovina came back for you, Andrew.

!<blocparty>!
Oct 14th, 2006, 08:39 PM
The end.

:haha:

Lindsay will play next year, but she'll suck.

Andrew..
Oct 14th, 2006, 08:59 PM
:haha:

Lindsay will play next year, but she'll suck.
I'm 50/50 on believing that.

I'm pretty sure she doesn't care anymore. Her abysmal display in China showcased an attitude that no professional athlete should have. If she's going to be like that, she should just quit. Same goes for her attitude about playing events. "Oh, I don't want to play here. I quit until next year!" She is a professional athlete. This is her job. Let's stop cutting her slack, and blaming the WTA. She's turned into the third Williams sister in the last year.

If she plays next year, it's going to BLOW. She'll play a top 8 seed by the 3r of the AO, probably drop out of the top 30, and she'll refuse to play half the year again. All while complaining about how the WTA hates her. Maybe if you played more than, like, six events a year, the WTA would think better of you, dear.

mike/topgun
Oct 14th, 2006, 09:07 PM
I don't know whether I would like to see Lindsay playing like she was this year for another season:smash:
She'd better retire/have babies.

MH0861
Oct 14th, 2006, 09:15 PM

I'm pretty sure she doesn't care anymore. Her abysmal display in China showcased an attitude that no professional athlete should have. If she's going to be like that, she should just quit. Same goes for her attitude about playing events. "Oh, I don't want to play here. I quit until next year!" She is a professional athlete. This is her job. Let's stop cutting her slack, and blaming the WTA. She's turned into the third Williams sister in the last year.

If she plays next year, it's going to BLOW. She'll play a top 8 seed by the 3r of the AO, probably drop out of the top 30, and she'll refuse to play half the year again. All while complaining about how the WTA hates her. Maybe if you played more than, like, six events a year, the WTA would think better of you, dear.

I think she had enough after playing so many weeks in a row.. especially after her long layoff/vacation in the spring. That being said, I was ready to brush off the Beijing fiasco in hopes that playing Linz and QC would salvage some of her ranking, and perhaps bring a more inspired Lindsay back. And we saw what happened.

I love Lindsay, and I don't want her to go... but if she isn't going to work really hard in the offseason and train big time... I'm not sure I can handle more losses to the likes of Mauresmo and Kuznetsova in straight sets, or "thrillers" against all stars like Srebotnik and Chakvetadze.

!<blocparty>!
Oct 14th, 2006, 09:19 PM

China and Bali were ridiculous. I still don't understand why she didn't enter Zurich and Stuttgart months ago, like everyone else. You don't skip two of your best tournaments when you're the defending champion to play 5 weeks in a row after just coming back from injury. Way to fuck up your season.

Semi agree about next year. Maybe, just maybe, she wanted to totally give up on this year, take some more time off and get ready for one final season. But whatever, if she comes back and blows i'll be really pissed.

hurricanejeanne
Oct 14th, 2006, 09:28 PM
Her attitude got worse in Beijing, she seemed fine in New Haven and USO. Was a little dicey in Bali and blah in Beijing.
She has had her attitude problems in the past, hating Miami, red clay, Europe in general, issues with certain players ect. but for the first time in a while, this is the most concerning. I haven't been this concerned about her mentality since Strasbourg/RG/Wimbledon 2004.

If, which is a big if, she plays next year, I think she'd give it at least to Indian Wells, and if her level or ranking hasn't improved then she'll quit. But she needs to start next year off by playing a real tournament, Sydney or even Gold Coast, none of this Hong Kong shit again.

I wish she would have played Stuttgart and Zurich, hell even Moscow instead of Bali/Beijing. She's better on the indoors and she was defending those points. She doesn't need to play 17 events, 10-12 would work fine, if you don't clump them all together.

It's just, so frustrating. But she's made her bed, now she has to lie in it.
Easily the worst year of her pro career.