PDA

View Full Version : The most interesting Jelenas match...

Just Do It
Aug 27th, 2006, 02:03 AM
for me Wimbledon 2006 third round vs Venus :devil: and LA final against Dementieva...what a match ( some points i couldnt watch) :p

up!
Aug 29th, 2006, 10:40 PM
Her match against Myskina last year against Myskinawas also amazing!

lindsayno1
Aug 30th, 2006, 09:28 AM
The myskina match at wimby last year was awesome

Ana&Jelena Fan
Aug 30th, 2006, 01:49 PM
Against Lindsay (Dubai) and against Myskina (Wimbledon) last year. I`m so sorry she lost both matches...

Just Do It
Sep 23rd, 2006, 03:18 PM
Wow this match today was amaizing (Jela vs Amelie SF Beijing) !

ivanban
Jul 22nd, 2007, 09:53 AM
JJ vs. Justine in USO 1/2 final, JJ vs. Kim in Sydney final and JJ vs. Safarova in Wimby 3r are best for me. I hope she'll win more of these spectacular matches in the future, cause atm she more losing them than winning

wishingdiamond
Jul 22nd, 2007, 11:36 AM
It's so hard to choose just one but I would probably go with her match against Myskina at last year's Wimbledon

Kampi
Jul 22nd, 2007, 01:35 PM
Indeed a very difficult choice to pick only match, because there were many interesting and also important matches.

Firstly, there was this SF at the US Open against Justine. She won the first set and was leading in the second. Jelena was control of the match. But suddenly Justine seemed to be injured and Jelena completely lost her momentum and lost the whole match. Her game broke down completely, especially in the third set. In the later matches against Justine there were very similar situations. Especially the QF at Berlin is some kind of blueprint for her still existing problem to beat Justine, who is the last "seal" Jelena has to break.

Another important milestone match in terms of confidence building was the Charleston SF against Venus. This match was a very tough and close battle. She already had beaten Venus before and this fact also seemed to be a factor here.

She won the first set quite easily, because Venus' serve was off and she also made a lot of UE's. But the second set was some kind of a complete turnaround in favor of Venus. She often was able to put a lot of pressure on Jelena and forced her into the defense. As a result of this, Jelena was falling back and she also played too passive during the second. An old weakness of her. In terms of all the past experiences with her matches, you would normally expect her to loose. Venus "stole" away the momentum and was on the "victory lane". But this time it was different, because the third set showed us some other impression. It was remarkable to see, that Jelena was able to keep up the focus. Despite her normal behavior in this kind of situations, she stayed calm and at a high level of concentration. The third set was really close till the very end and Jelena finally won this "thriller" in a close tie-break.

I think in terms of confidence building this was a very important match for Jelena. First she mentally overcame a very difficult situation and later she won the final and achieved her very first Tier I tournament win. Another surprising fact was, that she was able to achieve this on clay. A surface which she never really called her favourite. So for me this SF against Venus is maybe the true cornerstone for her following great success at the European clay court season. And we all know, that this success was and still is vital for her current ranking and reputation.

Bruno71
Jul 22nd, 2007, 09:59 PM
At this point, I'm going to go with JJ vs. Lucie 3rd round Wimbledon. Why? Because I think it's showed more than any other match how far she's come. She was somewhat down and out in that match...although she was keeping it close the whole time, she was only 4 points away from losing it and frankly Lucie was outplaying her up until that 2nd set tiebreak. But JJ showed championship form in gutting out the 2nd set and then she showed her fitness in closing out the 3rd set relatively straightforwardly. She used all her strengths and came up with the win. Unfortunately, not quite enough was left in the tank for her match against Bartoli, but I'll always remember the 3rd round match as a defining moment.

schorsch
Jul 23rd, 2007, 12:15 AM
this year i liked those especially pure drama and/or quality

jeca vs lucie wimbly 3rd 07
jeca vs venus charleston semi 07
jeca vs kim sydney final 07

Tenis Srbija
Jul 23rd, 2007, 01:19 AM
DUBAI 2006. final against Lindsay Davenport, that's where she really shined big for the first time, proving that she can and will take out big names. One ball decided that match...

ivanban
Dec 16th, 2007, 04:11 PM
OK, since this year is coming to end, for me most interesting matches JJ played in this year were final of Sydney vs. Clijsters and match with Safarova at Wimbledon :worship: :worship:

RFS
Dec 16th, 2007, 04:34 PM
Toronto final with JH - that was awesome - the one game that even Justine said lasted for "like 80 minutes"

Like watching people play chess on a tennis court and (IMHO) one of the best chances JJ had this year to put Justine away...

schorsch
Dec 16th, 2007, 05:29 PM
Toronto final with JH - that was awesome - the one game that even Justine said lasted for "like 80 minutes"

Like watching people play chess on a tennis court and (IMHO) one of the best chances JJ had this year to put Justine away...

Somebody didnt watch Berlin then... Kuzzy cleaned up for Jeca after that :fiery:

Kampi
Dec 16th, 2007, 05:59 PM
OK, since this year is coming to end, for me most interesting matches JJ played in this year were final of Sydney vs. Clijsters and match with Safarova at Wimbledon :worship: :worship:

I'm with you my friend.:) But I would add the Berlin QF against my other queen. Well it was a bitter loss against Justine in the end....but the way of this loss left some open questions till this very day.;)

ce
Dec 16th, 2007, 11:14 PM
jj vs ana was good match
also vs venus both matches

justine schnyder
Dec 17th, 2007, 08:02 PM
My picks:
Vs Safarova at Wimbledon
Vs Venus in Charlston and Wimbledon 2006
Vs Dementieva in LA 2006
Vs Justine in Toronto
Edit: Vs Clijsters from Sydney (One of the best matches I remmember) vs Venum from USO! How could I forget them??? :o :help:

And I'm sure there are many nore, it's a real joy watching her play!:bounce:

дalex
Dec 17th, 2007, 08:05 PM
Can't help myself but watch every freakin' JJ's match, I love them all as long as I can watch them :lol:

Just Do It
Dec 17th, 2007, 08:08 PM
vs Clijsters Sydney
vs V Williams RG , Charleston and US OPEN

:angel:

Ian Aberdon
Dec 17th, 2007, 08:34 PM
Wimbledon v Bartoli, but not for the right reasons.

How the HELL did she beat JJ????

RFS
Dec 17th, 2007, 08:36 PM
one too many sherbets... (lemon sherbets, that is!)

Bruno71
Dec 17th, 2007, 08:46 PM
One thing has to be said...no one player went through as many close, heart-stopping, and high-level matches as JJ. I think it'd be tough for even her haters to deny (though they'd find a way I'm sure). She even had some matches that most or none of us have seen that probably qualified as nailbiters...vs. Kirilenko & Sharapova at Birmingham, vs. Azarenka at Los Angeles, vs. Kirilenko at San Diego (this time on the losing side :sad:), vs. Safina at S'Hertogenbosch... Is it any wonder she was pooped? My one hope for her, no matter how many matches she wins or loses this year, is for her to regain her incredible fitness and form from early to mid 2007.

ivanban
Dec 17th, 2007, 09:25 PM
Yeah, I've watched some of JJ's match vs. Shaza from Birmingham and it was freaking awesome :worship:

orangesky
Dec 17th, 2007, 11:02 PM
yep birmingham for me. she won a title on grass, proving she can do well on every surface. :)

JAMESYBABY!
Dec 23rd, 2007, 01:13 AM
for me it has to be uso 1/2 2006,,, it as full of drama,,, shame she lost tho:cool:

or mixed doubles final at wimbledon,,, such a great match :rocker2:

Just Do It
Dec 23rd, 2007, 12:35 PM
No one mentioned fed cup vs Gajdosova :eek:

Michael27
Dec 23rd, 2007, 12:59 PM
I thought the Mixed Doubles Semi Final was pretty high on the list. For tension I thought the mixed doubles quarter final was pretty good. In fact, all the six mixed doubles matches were good for different reasons. I admit I still enjoy watching them.

Wayn77
Dec 23rd, 2007, 01:16 PM
The first two sets against Safarova at Wimbledon.

I've never heard noise like it coming from Centre Court. Couldn't get in so I was watching Schnyder v Bondarenko on Court 13. Watched it later on TV ... terrific stuff from both of them.

Venus at USO 2007 was interesting tactically.

Henin Stuttgart SF 2007 was interesting - mentally.

JAMESYBABY!
Dec 23rd, 2007, 02:37 PM

what happend :eek: i dont even remember :eek:

ivanban
Dec 23rd, 2007, 04:05 PM

Wasn't it Cibulkova?!!! :confused:

Just Do It
Dec 23rd, 2007, 04:15 PM
:tape: :tape: Yes, I was thinking about her :tape:

They are both Slovaks ( or at least Gjadosova was ) :o

redsonja
Dec 23rd, 2007, 04:55 PM
It was Cibulkova. The marathon match that, afterwards, the doctors said should have been stopped because Jelena was in no condition to have been playing? Yeah. I never want to see that, it's right up there with her matches at YEC this year. :lol:

ivanban
Dec 23rd, 2007, 08:44 PM
Well, I can put that match only in most-freakish-match category, cause it was the most distressing match I've ever watched :o

ninanina19
Dec 23rd, 2007, 09:14 PM
I want to say QF vs. Venus but I hate matches that she lost in. I didn't watch the Safarova match on tv but the score-line seems like it would be interesting to watch. FO 3rd round was good.

Destiny
Dec 23rd, 2007, 10:11 PM
all her matches against Justine
because i can see her getting close to beating JUJU

Bruno71
Dec 24th, 2007, 08:19 AM
I want to say QF vs. Venus but I hate matches that she lost in. I didn't watch the Safarova match on tv but the score-line seems like it would be interesting to watch. FO 3rd round was good.
A couple of the games in set 2 were the most riveting, exciting, fascinating battles I've ever seen in women's tennis, period. A must-watch for any JJ fan.

redsonja
Dec 24th, 2007, 03:59 PM
The Venus match was spectacular, I have to agree. Just don't watch the third set tiebreak. :p

And I love any match where Jelena and Justine are playing each other (well, as long as Jelena's not falling over from exhaustion before the match even starts :rolleyes: ). They're both such tactical players that the matches get really interesting to watch.

Ana&Jelena Fan
Jan 31st, 2008, 01:58 PM
Against Szavay, Paszek and Radwanska... She had so much great fights.

Ana&Jelena Fan
Mar 31st, 2008, 11:44 AM
Against Sofia Arvidsson in Miami... And counting. I`m not surprised that Sneki has heart problems. Everybody who watches so many JJ`s matches has heart problems... :help: But, this is our Jelena.

Just Do It
Mar 31st, 2008, 01:19 PM
Jelena defeating Tamira @ AO R1 is by far the most dramatic Jelena's match, and I love drama :hearts:

Cat123
Mar 31st, 2008, 01:19 PM
I hate watching matches my favourites lose, even if there's some awesome tennis being played. I've still not watched JJ vs. Maria from the Aus Open this year, even though technically one of my favourites did win it! :lol: