PDA

View Full Version : Us Open: look at the draws let your thoughts flow.

Michael Pemulis
Aug 24th, 2006, 02:58 PM
No tennis yesterday, I had a relaxed evening watching an amazing movie, “Lords of Dogtown”. And today morning, completely fresh and awake, took a first look at the US Open main draws, pretty complex stuff as usual. The rule in all my “looking into the draws” is that there are NO rules. Just think as fast as I can without interruption, and let my thoughts flow. That’s about it.
Now I’m trying to report the thoughts bubbled up from the inside out:
Women’s draw: highways for Justine Henin; when it’s “slam time”don’t be too concerned with her shape, her knees and other physical matters: she is OK. Her quarter is a warm-up en route to SF, where is possible a clash with an outsider: IMO, the winner of Vaidisova vs Jankovic (3rd round) have some chances with Sveta and Lena D. Consider the latter quarter (Vaidisova, Jankovic, Sveta, Lena D, and if you wanna...Venus and Groenefeld) the closest one. Top half: some traps (Santangelo? fellow Dechy?) for Mauresmo on the way to a terrible 4th round against the bullets of the Serbian army named I V A N O V I C. So scaring name (ask to Martina Hingis, please)! And what about Martina? She won’t go beyond the QF, as usual in a Slam. In this quarter we should have a thrilling 2nd round clash: the thin and lanky Hantuchova versus the big hamburger Serena (the revenge of the last Aussie Open 3rd round). And, finally, the bottom part of the top half should be under the rule of queen Masha. Very easy way to the QF, where the beutiful grunter might match a darkhorse: neither Petrova nor Myskina, Tati should be perfect for a revenge of Miami, but Tati is not in a good shape (I ought to check it).

Michael Pemulis
Aug 24th, 2006, 03:13 PM
too many threads about the draws!