PDA

View Full Version : with the draw out who will win the us open?

msharafan
Aug 24th, 2006, 03:03 PM
now with the draw out and a much clearer idea of whos going to be facing who, who do you think will win the us open?

Dexter
Aug 24th, 2006, 03:04 PM
Certain brunette beating 4 former or present #1s along the way! :cool:

edit. nice to see she's not even in the poll, when the likes of unknown for me 'kutsnetsova' are :D

Kim's_fan_4ever
Aug 24th, 2006, 03:06 PM
Maria Sharapova, nice draw that she should use.

Slumpsova
Aug 24th, 2006, 03:09 PM
Maria :o

msharafan
Aug 24th, 2006, 03:10 PM
i was going to put ivanovic in next but i didnt have enough room sorry and nicole too! im going to go with maria as i think shell finally break her semis duct and go on to win her second grand slam, she knows the mistakes she made against mauresmo at wimby and thats if she even has to face momo, as she could face hingis who she leads the head to head ivanovic who i think maria would have the slighter edge or serena who i think in her current state of fitness would be too much for serena to handle, especially after playing all those matches to get to the semis. then in the final it could be justine lindsay elena or venus who i have a feeling if maria breaks her semi ducy she will be confident enough to beat! :)

msharafan
Aug 24th, 2006, 03:12 PM
sorry i meant to say svetlana kusnetsova!

saki
Aug 24th, 2006, 03:14 PM
I think we're in for a Maria/Justine final. :)

dizoo
Aug 24th, 2006, 03:16 PM
i think we will have another JHH x Mauresmo final

Dexter
Aug 24th, 2006, 03:18 PM
I think we're in for a Maria/Justine final. :)You've got one finalist right. But the second one will fail to reach the final again, sticking with 'Semipova' nickname for another couple of months :devil:

tennnisfannn
Aug 24th, 2006, 03:19 PM
somehow i don't think it is going to be either justine or amelie. It is a serena/maria vs svetlana final.
I say serena coz she pulled off AO coming off an adominal injury in 05. this time she has managed to remain healthy through two tournys and has seemingly been training hard. If she gets past maria she wins the title. I also say so coz if anyone can surprise it is serena.
maria for me is also right up there, she is a shoe in to the semis. She is gonna break the semi vodoo at some point and this is it. A big plus in her favour is seh comes into the USO healthy, something she hasn't been in a few slams and still managed the semis.
amelie and JHH have been quite absent from the hardcourts, doesn't mean they cannot win it but this time they have a major
http://images.google.com.au/images?q=tbn:bs74IUVuCpjaGM:http://kd4dcy.net/rthumor/target.jpg (http://images.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=http://kd4dcy.net/rthumor/target.jpg&imgrefurl=http://kd4dcy.net/rthumor/&h=477&w=360&sz=36&hl=en&start=1&tbnid=bs74IUVuCpjaGM:&tbnh=129&tbnw=97&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dtarget%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D %26sa%3DG)
tatooed on their u know what.

bellascarlett
Aug 24th, 2006, 03:21 PM
I think we're in for a Maria/Justine final. :)

think so too. well i hope maria gets there. justine can take care of herself. :)

sfselesfan
Aug 24th, 2006, 03:33 PM
I'm predicting a Davenport/Maria final. Davenport will take the title IMO.

SF

KBdoubleu
Aug 24th, 2006, 03:57 PM
I think Maria will breakthrough and win her second grand slam title ...she has an easy path to the semis and her semi final opponent (either Mauresmo, Ivanovic, or Serena) will either be a little rusty or too inexperienced to hurt her. I really think that Maria could take out anyone on the bottom half of the draw on hard court, so i expect her to win.

mr_burns
Aug 24th, 2006, 03:59 PM
A davenport maria final would be amazing

But Justine will advance to the sf...and I am unsure if she will beat dementieva

Voted for MAria

hablo
Aug 24th, 2006, 04:04 PM
If Momo doesn't make it to the final vs jhh, I hope it is Serena Williams, with Serena winning of course.
One of the rare times, I would be cheering on Serena Williams !!! :angel:

MrSerenaWilliams
Aug 24th, 2006, 04:08 PM
Serena. She seems INCREDIBLY motivated and the last time she wanted a major this badly, she won. She would have won the one before that, but Maria Alves, didn't think she would be a good champion. In all likelyhood, I wouldn't be shocked if she won (I mean what fan would) although, I wouldn't be dissapointed if Sharapova or Ivanovic got to the final. I just think, that in terms of VIEWERSHIP, the US audience is going to be HIGHLY unlikely to tune into another Henin-Hardenne/Mauresmo match, regardless of WHO wins. Honestly, the USO NEEDS a superstar in the finals, because I can almost guarantee the ratings would be NOTHING compared to last years AO or Wimbledon final.

COME ON REE!

Michael Pemulis
Aug 24th, 2006, 04:09 PM
Women’s draw: highways for Justine Henin; when it’s “slam time”don’t be too concerned with her shape, her knees and other physical matters: she is OK. Her quarter is a warm-up en route to SF, where is possible a clash with an outsider: IMO, the winner of Vaidisova vs Jankovic (3rd round) have some chances with Sveta and Lena D. Consider the latter quarter (Vaidisova, Jankovic, Sveta, Lena D, and if you wanna...Venus and Groenefeld) the closest one. Top half: some traps (Santangelo? fellow Dechy?) for Mauresmo on the way to a terrible 4th round against the bullets of the Serbian army named I V A N O V I C. So scaring name (ask to Martina Hingis, please)! And what about Martina? She won’t go beyond the QF, as usual in a Slam. In this quarter we should have a thrilling 2nd round clash: the thin and lanky Hantuchova versus the big hamburger Serena (the revenge of the last Aussie Open 3rd round). And, finally, the bottom part of the top half should be under the rule of queen Masha. Very easy way to the QF, where the beutiful grunter might match a darkhorse: neither Petrova nor Myskina, Tati should be perfect for a revenge of Miami, but Tati is not in a good shape (I have to check it).

Ferosh
Aug 24th, 2006, 04:15 PM
Serena. She seems INCREDIBLY motivated and the last time she wanted a major this badly, she won. She would have won the one before that, but Maria Alves, didn't think she would be a good champion. In all likelyhood, I wouldn't be shocked if she won (I mean what fan would) although, I wouldn't be dissapointed if Sharapova or Ivanovic got to the final. I just think, that in terms of VIEWERSHIP, the US audience is going to be HIGHLY unlikely to tune into another Henin-Hardenne/Mauresmo match, regardless of WHO wins. Honestly, the USO NEEDS a superstar in the finals, because I can almost guarantee the ratings would be NOTHING compared to last years AO or Wimbledon final.

COME ON REE!

:zzz::yawn:

Ferosh
Aug 24th, 2006, 04:16 PM
It will be a first time slam champion.

!<blocparty>!
Aug 24th, 2006, 04:35 PM

COME ON REE!

What does most of this post have to do with the thread.

I'm picking Maria to win. Her draw is a complete joke and... blah. :sad:

cellophane
Aug 24th, 2006, 04:39 PM
Lindsay :p

alfajeffster
Aug 24th, 2006, 04:52 PM
I think with that draw, Venus Williams has a real good shot at going far. The top section is the most interesting, with Amelie, Serena and Hingis (among others) all gunning for the quarters. This is shaping up to be one of the better women's fields in years. I'm looking forward to it, and may actually go see some matches live for the first time since 2001.

In The Zone
Aug 24th, 2006, 04:59 PM
So many question marks.
Dementieva/V. Williams will decide a lot.
Justine and Maria have breezes to the semifinals.
Mauresmo has a test with Hingis/Ivanovic/S. Williams.
Kuznetsova/Dementieva/V. Williams will decide the 3rd semi.

Mauresmo v. Sharapova
Henin-Hardenne v. Kuznetsova

Sharapova v. Kuznetsova.
Kuznetsova 2006 Champion.

Direwolf
Aug 24th, 2006, 05:02 PM
I dont know the winner...
But im expecting a 2 times former winner vs 2 times former winner in the finals...

sfselesfan
Aug 24th, 2006, 05:11 PM
Justine and Maria have breezes to the semifinals.

I'm still hoping an in-form Lindsay can turn around her streak of losses to Justine.

SF

alfajeffster
Aug 24th, 2006, 05:20 PM
I think Jennifer Capriati and Monica Seles are secretly in the draw, and will absolutely decimate the field and have to face each other in the final. It'll be one of the greatest matches of all time, displaying all of the technical nuances and chess-player strategies we all so love about the game of tennis...

franny
Aug 24th, 2006, 05:46 PM
I believe that now is the time for Maria. If she can't win here and take advantage of her peak level of tennis, then I'll have serious doubts about her future.

Slumpsova
Aug 24th, 2006, 06:33 PM
You've got one finalist right. But the second one will fail to reach the final again, sticking with 'Semipova' nickname for another couple of months :devil:
:devil:

Shvedbarilescu
Aug 24th, 2006, 06:46 PM
I think Jennifer Capriati and Monica Seles are secretly in the draw, and will absolutely decimate the field and have to face each other in the final. It'll be one of the greatest matches of all time, displaying all of the technical nuances and chess-player strategies we all so love about the game of tennis...

:haha:

champion88
Aug 24th, 2006, 06:50 PM
I predict a Masha/Ivanovic Vs Henin final, with henin winning unfortunately

Poova
Aug 24th, 2006, 07:37 PM
Maria Sharapova vs. Justine Henin-Hardenne for the finale with Maria winning (hopefully) :o

msharafan
Aug 24th, 2006, 08:22 PM
i think maria beatin justine or lindsay in the final in 3 thrilling sets! :)