PDA

View Full Version : US Open Series 2006 Bonus is JOKE and nothing else than JOKE!

Cp6uja
Aug 24th, 2006, 12:19 AM
WTF...

They give bonus at USO for best three players at US Open series (six North American hardcourt tournaments before USO) but this year this is only cheap marketing (maybe JOKE is better word for this).

#3 is Kim Clijsters, but she even dont play at USO this year (and 30% of 0$ is 0$).

#2 is Maria Sharapova who dont need even official tournament money prize, not only this bonus (about 85% of her finance and profits she get of her sponsors).

#1 is Ana Ivanovic who have possibility doubling her success this year at USO (in money) - so if she reach for example QF, they will pay her like for SF, if she won title, they pay her more than 2M USD$...etc... BUT SHE DONT NEED THIS FU***NG BONUS, IF SHE MUST PLAY IN 3RD ROUND WITH SERENA, AND IN 4TH WITH MoMo :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: - give her normal draw and she dont use this ridiculous bonus. Who need for 3rd round prize like for 4th round if opponent is "SF" level, and who need for 4th round prize like for QF round if your opposer is current world #1 player!?
I realy dont get - is this bonus is stimulation or punishment :confused: :confused: :confused: .

GoDominique
Aug 24th, 2006, 12:22 AM
:lol:

Reuchlin
Aug 24th, 2006, 12:22 AM
ummm. ok.

LeRoy.
Aug 24th, 2006, 12:23 AM
Draws are NOT rigged. I dunno why so many people can't get this through their thick heads.

Buitenzorg
Aug 24th, 2006, 12:24 AM
:lol:

mboyle
Aug 24th, 2006, 12:25 AM
If Ana plays to her ability, she will get through her draw without many problems, so don't worry about it;) .

QUEENLINDSAY
Aug 24th, 2006, 12:28 AM
Thats why its called bonus!! No body actually needed it considering those who will win it should have a lot money already.

Stamp Paid
Aug 24th, 2006, 12:29 AM
:spit:

Stamp Paid
Aug 24th, 2006, 12:30 AM
Stop it.

MrSerenaWilliams
Aug 24th, 2006, 12:31 AM
:worship: exactly...it's funny how people say that Serena's washed up, but fans of the players she's draw are FREAKING! :haha: Serena's not done, they're just kicking her while she's on her way up, because when she's up...she'll be doing the kicking :yeah:

ASP0315
Aug 24th, 2006, 12:41 AM
:lol: :haha:

ezekiel
Aug 24th, 2006, 01:02 AM
we really need age requirement if not inellingence test to post on this site :help:

Just_lindsay
Aug 24th, 2006, 01:07 AM
Have some faith, Ana's doing well for herself recently!

Rachel_
Aug 24th, 2006, 01:08 AM
:worship: exactly...it's funny how people say that Serena's washed up, but fans of the players she's draw are FREAKING! :haha: Serena's not done, they're just kicking her while she's on her way up, because when she's up...she'll be doing the kicking :yeah:

Amen to that

LH2HBH
Aug 24th, 2006, 01:10 AM
:retard:

MH0861
Aug 24th, 2006, 01:13 AM
WTF...

They give bonus at USO for best three players at US Open series (six North American hardcourt tournaments before USO) but this year this is only cheap marketing (maybe JOKE is better word for this).

#3 is Kim Clijsters, but she even dont play at USO this year (and 30% of 0$ is 0$).

#2 is Maria Sharapova who dont need even official tournament money prize, not only this bonus (about 85% of her finance and profits she get of her sponsors).

#1 is Ana Ivanovic who have possibility doubling her success this year at USO (in money) - so if she reach for example QF, they will pay her like for SF, if she won title, they pay her more than 2M USD$...etc... BUT SHE DONT NEED THIS FU***NG BONUS, IF SHE MUST PLAY IN 3RD ROUND WITH SERENA, AND IN 4TH WITH MoMo :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: - give her normal draw and she dont use this ridiculous bonus. Who need for 3rd round prize like for 4th round if opponent is "SF" level, and who need for 4th round prize like for QF round if your opposer is current world #1 player!?
I realy dont get - is this bonus is stimulation or punishment :confused: :confused: :confused: .

Even if Ana were #1 in the world, she could've drawn Serena in round one. Be lucky she didn't. Maybe if her rank continues to improve, by this time next year she won't meet Mauresmo in the 4th round. The US Open Series is for the public more than the fans.

fufuqifuqishahah
Aug 24th, 2006, 01:14 AM
we really need age requirement if not inellingence test to post on this site :help:

its not that. i think its just cp6uja is not the best english speaker.

and cp6uja also is obviously frustrated w/ that eighth of the draw, cuz that part of the draw is ridiculous.

!<blocparty>!
Aug 24th, 2006, 01:36 AM
:haha::haha::haha::haha:

KK.

sfselesfan
Aug 24th, 2006, 01:43 AM
If Ana plays to her ability, she will get through her draw without many problems, so don't worry about it;) .

Except that her draw SUCKS! I don't have the confidence about her potential you do. I think she can give Serena a run for her money, then Amelie is a challenge...at some point she's going to run into an experienced player that is going to give her troubles.

SF

hablo
Aug 24th, 2006, 01:44 AM
The thread starter has issues :tape:

faboozadoo15
Aug 24th, 2006, 01:46 AM
oy vey, calm down!
if ana keeps her level up, she'll have no trouble getting out of her quarter.

and anyway, did you really think ana's scraping by with winning the us open series was going to be her springboard to the us open title at 18? no, but hopefully it'll give her some confidence. obviously more confidence than you have in her. :rolleyes:

SvetaPleaseWin.
Aug 24th, 2006, 01:48 AM
its pretty simple-the bonus is meant to attract the top players and convince them to play at most of the lead in events to the US Open

however-the problem is that nearly all of the top players have millions already so really their physical health is of more importance than a couple of thousand dollars more

its also supposed to make the tennis calendar more understandable to casual tennis fans ie not us obssessives! although that doesnt really work cos there are events in europe which dont count towards the standings ie stockholm and also events like cincinnatti which are in the US but cos its a tier III it doesnt count! strange but the WTA has its own logic

SvetaPleaseWin.
Aug 24th, 2006, 01:49 AM
BTW i forgot to say that ana deserves it she played very well and could have beat any of the top 10 the way she played in the montreal final

Cp6uja
Aug 24th, 2006, 01:54 AM

Give me break please.

My English is not best of course, but you have big problems to understand even simple mesage (this is not first time) or some evident irony like from this thread - so you have :retard: problems (+ malignity problem), not me.

Who are you to arbitrate or judge about me, or my inteligence or knowledge?
For example, today you are is biggest fan of Ana Ivanovic, but before her win in Montreal last week nobody in WTAworld in last 4 months dont dishonour and disparage her like you. I notise that (no thread about Ana here in last months without some of yours insufferable or abusive post against her), but i simply ignore you... And now, when nobody more here dont will take serious extreme stricture against Ana you need some new object for yuor frustrations... give me break.

ezekiel
Aug 24th, 2006, 01:56 AM
its not that. i think its just cp6uja is not the best english speaker.

and cp6uja also is obviously frustrated w/ that eighth of the draw, cuz that part of the draw is ridiculous.

yeah, he/she is a drama queen looking to constantly get a rise out of people. I don't say this often but thankfully there is an ignore list :p but it doesn't help when someone constantly makes irritating threads :rolleyes: and language is no excuse

Anyway there is nothing frustrating about the draw here, it's a grand slam and you meet top players and as far as Ana she needs to validate her title last week with a good run here . She can definitelly beat Serena now and she beat Amelie before so it's nothing extraordinary really

Scotso
Aug 24th, 2006, 02:09 AM
:scared:

Cp6uja
Aug 24th, 2006, 02:15 AM
If you see US Open 2006 winner (http://www.oddschecker.com/betting/mode/o/card/tennis-womensusopen/odds/2544475x/sid/957985) beting odds, TOP5 US Open favorites is Henin, MaSha, MoMo, Serena and Hingis (in that order).

- in Ana's USO main draw HALF you have 4 players of this TOP5 (theoretic maximum, because both of top two seeds is in this TOP5 group).
- in Ana's USO main draw QUARTER you have 3 players of this TOP5 (theoretic maximum, because three of top four seeds is in this TOP5 group).
- in Ana's USO main draw 1/8 she have 2 players of this TOP5 (theoretic maximum, again).
- in Ana's USO main draw 1/16 she have 1 player of this TOP5 (theoretic maximum again, because only unseeded player who is in this TOP5 group is in her 1/16 of draw!).

Just Do It
Aug 24th, 2006, 02:36 AM
I agree that bonus is nothing special...maybe she should get her points doubled !? :)

MisterMan
Aug 24th, 2006, 02:57 AM
That post made Jesus cry.

Just Do It
Aug 24th, 2006, 03:05 AM
Srbija, ne brini se mislim da ce Ana zbrisati Serenu u trecem kolu, dok ce sa Ameli kao i uvek biti 'povuci - potegni' :help:
Inace, svi ovi stranci (cast izuzecima) ovde su KRETENI ! Takav sam makar ja utisak stekao :)

DavenportForever
Aug 24th, 2006, 03:08 AM
WTF...

1) ummmmm yea
2) ummmmm ok
3) Whom are you to say she might not win. ANYTHING can happen. And the US Open Series is fun for the players, they enjoy it. And the bonus is needed. I think she'll be happy if she makes the QF and gets SF pay.

You didn't need to trash the players. US Open is obviously a big deal :rolleyes:

Cp6uja
Aug 24th, 2006, 03:21 AM
1) ummmmm yea
2) ummmmm ok
3) Whom are you to say she might not win. ANYTHING can happen. And the US Open Series is fun for the players, they enjoy it. And the bonus is needed. I think she'll be happy if she makes the QF and gets SF pay.

You didn't need to trash the players. US Open is obviously a big deal :rolleyes:

I dont say nothing against that bonus generally - my point is that US Open Series 2006 Bonus is JOKE :eek: (in all TOP3 cases - Kim, MaSha and Ana).

Of course that Ana have chances against Serena, Amelie, Hingis, Sharapova and Henin (at hardcourt especialy) - but they all 5 in a row... this is real "mission impossible"...

supergrunt
Aug 24th, 2006, 03:26 AM
WTF...

agreed... its stupid :)

DavenportForever
Aug 24th, 2006, 03:28 AM
I dont say nothing against that bonus generally - my point is that US Open Series 2006 Bonus is JOKE :eek: (in all TOP3 cases - Kim, MaSha and Ana).

Of course that Ana have chances against Serena, Amelie, Hingis, Sharapova and Henin (at hardcourt especialy) - but they all 5 in a row... this is real "mission impossible"...

JUST HAVE FAITH :)

The US Open Series is just fun

the jamierbelyea
Aug 24th, 2006, 03:56 AM
without the series Ana would've played the same events, and the draw would've happened the same. What's the point?

Just be glad shes getting some extra pocket cash!

StZox
Aug 24th, 2006, 04:16 AM
I am looking forward to Ana beating all of them. Yes it will be hard, but this can be a sort of motivation for her - playing against Serena and Mauresmo!

Dexter
Aug 24th, 2006, 04:18 AM
I'm pretty disappointed how little faith in Ana Cp6uja has.

As for me I consider myself as one of the biggest Ana fans over here and I'm fine with the draw. :)

Ryan
Aug 24th, 2006, 12:58 PM

WHY?!!?!?!?! Obviously NONE of the top players need the extra money incentive, but they need to play tournaments to keep a ranking, right? so why is the gonus "generally" ok, but this years isn't? Ana played amazing in Montreal to earn 100 points for the Series, and Kim and Maria are two of the best hardcourt players on tour. Enlighten me, please.

Dementieva-fan
Aug 24th, 2006, 01:01 PM
the series aren't over yet! Lena can be #2!

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Aug 24th, 2006, 02:02 PM
well i think dementieva can still win US Series so this thread may be a waste

~CANUCK~
Aug 24th, 2006, 02:03 PM
well i think dementieva can still win US Series so this thread may be a waste
even if she wins new haven, she will still be 2 points behind ana

~CANUCK~
Aug 24th, 2006, 02:07 PM

What kind of draw were you expecting for the 16th seed? The only bad part of the draw was that she got rena in round 3. Other then that she would have had to face the big seeds anyways starting in round 4. Her bad draw has nothing to do with the fact that she won the usopen series, it has to do with the fact that she is the 16th seed.

SloKid
Aug 24th, 2006, 02:18 PM
So I guess it's also the fault of USO organisers that Kim can't play, they injured her on purpose so she doesn't get the money. :)

LoveFifteen
Aug 24th, 2006, 02:35 PM
It never ceases to amaze me how paranoid and ignorant some people are. :tape:

SloKid
Aug 24th, 2006, 02:37 PM
The rules about the USO Series are set beforehand, ok?
They didn't make the up after Kim got injured thinking oh, we won't have to pay her anything or something like that.
That's just how the things unfolded.

Meh, why bother...

Cp6uja
Aug 24th, 2006, 02:44 PM
WHY?!!?!?!?! Obviously NONE of the top players need the extra money incentive, but they need to play tournaments to keep a ranking, right? so why is the gonus "generally" ok, but this years isn't? Ana played amazing in Montreal to earn 100 points for the Series, and Kim and Maria are two of the best hardcourt players on tour. Enlighten me, please.

OK... i try this explain again:

US Open series give posibillity TOP3 players to enlarge they money prize at US Open and thats is greate, but THIS YEAR (2006) in WOMAN COMPETITON this bonus is only cheap JOKE (in all of TOP3 cases!!!), because:

1) Kim Clijsters - INJURY KILL U$OS 2006 3rd place BONUS
Kim Clijsters dont even play at US Open 2006 (because she have hard injury problem), so she dont have nothing good of them, because 30% of nothing is nothing.

2) Maria Sharapova - BRAND NAME KILL U$OS 2006 2nd place BONUS
Maria Sharapova right now is "industry" for herself, and she already have special about 500%-750% bonus (indirectly, from her sponsors) for each her succes at GS (not only at USO). With two GS SF this season, she reach much more money than 2 time winner MoMo or 3 time finalist (and 1 win) JuJu. My point is - if she already have that "monster" bonus, this 50% bonus of official tournament money prize is nothing for MaSha.

3) Ana Ivanovic - BRUTAL DRAW KILL U$OS 2006 1st place BONUS
Ana Ivanovic is still not tennis milionere (like Kim or MaSha for example) and this "USO x 2" 1st place bonus is very good for her - but after her nightmare USO draw this bonus also dont have sense in her case too. If you must play like TOP16 seed early in 3rd round against two time USO winner and TOP5 USO 2006 favorite player (see US Open 2006 winner (http://www.oddschecker.com/betting/mode/o/card/tennis-womensusopen/odds/2544475x/sid/957985) beting odds), and if in 4th round you must play against tournament top seed and WTA best ranked player (who won this year 2 of 3 slams) x2 bonus is nothing for you. If you have "SF/F" level opponents already in 3rd and 4th rounds - real compensation for that is about x8 :devil: , not x2, and if she defeat Serena and Amelie, she will play against Hingis, Masha and Justina. So, with draw like this ONLY if she won whole USO tournament - this bonus is privilege for Ana, in all other cases they is not even solid compensation for draw like this.

So only two things have chances to save U$OS 2006 bonus in woman competition - if Ana won USO, or if Elena Dementieva win at New Haven, and reach #2 place in last minute (baned Kim from 3rd and replace MaSha at 2nd place). I dont say that this is impossible, but in both cases we have to much problems.

*EDIT: In this story is nothing about "conspiracy" or some like that. This is only analisys what happen with US Open Series bonus this year in woman competition.

~CANUCK~
Aug 24th, 2006, 02:55 PM
How does maria making lots of money off court ruin the usopen series? This bonus is not given to players because they need the money, its given to them because they want the money. There is no rule that says incredibly rich tennis stars are disqualified from the bonus. And just because someone is rich, do you honestly think masha wouldn`t love a 2 million dollar pay day. Does she need it, no, but im sure she will be loving it when shes off on her next shopping spree.