PDA

View Full Version : Ana's craziest match!

Dexter
Aug 23rd, 2006, 10:50 PM
Worst thread inspired me :lol:

For me it's easily 2004 Zurich 1r match vs Tatiana Golovin
Back then I was not that much into the tennis so I was wasting some time by watching Eurosport and those 2 girls were crazy. Choking at its best from Tati. Fighting at its best from Ana.
The final scoreline is 75 67(2) 76(3). In the first set Tati lead sthg like 4-1 and choked. In the 2nd set she lead 5-2 and choked but won the TB. In the 3rd set she choled 5-1 lead and had 2MPs at *5-4 all for nothing. Although Ana got broken right after for 5-6* (even that with choking - Ana was *0-40, forced but to deuce, another BP, then GP for Ana, until Golovin finally broke), but to nobody's amazement got broken easily :tape: TB decided the match again.

I looked into my tennis-videos collection and I found the last 3 games of it. ES commentators were going nuts. :lol: :help:
Some of their quotes:
5-6* 30-0. Ana hits FH stunner 'Bah. There's no possible way this match could go any better' minute later 'So many of points was won rather than lost' :yeah:
Tati hits BH into the net 'Maybe it's a fitting end TB of the final set. Just about little more drama if you haven't got enough already' :spit:
Jo Durie with sarcasm @ Ana hitting FH winner for TB. 'Stop it! This is ridicoulously good from Ivanović' :haha:
TB: 1-0... Big serve, short return Ana moves forward to hit FH winner - screams Ajde!
'Ivanović is such a bank of confidence'
2-0. long long rally, ended on FH UE from Tati. Golovin looks like she's gonna cry :help:
3-0. FH netted. 'She looks beaten' - Tati bites her racquet :toothy:
4-0. Another FH netted. Commentators are wondering what sort of reaction Ana will have after it's over :lol: Jo Durie 'It will be interesting how she copes with the pressure on the verge of her biggest win of the year' Ana hits an ace for 5-0 :bowdown: Both commentators laughing.
5-1. FH forced error
Change of ends. Tati looks like :mad:
Commentators praising Ana for raising up her level of play when it's needed.
then 'Maybe there will be further irony of the match from 5-0 down in the TB' Jo replies 'I wouldn't bet against anything happening in this match now' :spit:
5-2. FH just long
6-2. Tati hits FH long after long rally. Then smashes the ball pissed off like hell. 4MPs for Ana.
6-3. FH forced error
GSM. Ivanović. BH long.
'She's done it! Saved the 2MPs. She's come back from being out. So many times we lost count. But the smile is good enough to seal the victory with. Phenomenal effort from this newcomer - the qualifier. In the battle of 16yo. It was a delight to be here as is always. We were privileged to watch maybe... for sure a star of the future born today here in Zurich! Ana Ivanović - welcome to the top-Tour you absolutely belong.'

:worship: :worship: :worship:

and :awww: @ how innocent and adorable Ana was there... with her tine pony-tail. cuteness.

G~Playa
Aug 23rd, 2006, 11:07 PM
I Loved That Match, Haha, I Might Watch It Again Today.. :drool:

FedExpress
Aug 23rd, 2006, 11:43 PM
I love this match. It was the first match I saw from both Ana and Tati since that I'm a fan of Ana and even Tati :lol:

MARYANGEL
Aug 23rd, 2006, 11:51 PM
I have watch the last three point of this match, It was great. I have been looking for the completed match for months...

Can somebody, post the completed match pleaseeeeeeeeee

Dexter
Aug 23rd, 2006, 11:53 PM
I have watch the last three point of this match, It was great. I have been looking for the completed match for months...

Can somebody, post the completed match pleaseeeeeeeeeeI had the whole 3rd set. But now only the last part (from 5all) works. :shrug:

MARYANGEL
Aug 24th, 2006, 01:03 AM
I had the whole 3rd set. But now only the last part (from 5all) works. :shrug:

Thanks, but I have 3 set form 5-4 to end.

:wavey: :)

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Aug 24th, 2006, 06:55 PM
I would definitely want to see that match against Golovin. Must be great.
Also a really crazy match was against Bartoli in......Toronto 2005! (this year the tournament was in Montreal).
4-6 7-6 (7-5) 7-6 (7-3)
In the 2nd set Ana was leading with 4-0 but Bartoli came back.
In the 3rd set Ana was leading with 3-0, but Bartoli broke 2 times and it was 3-4. Ana broke back 4-4. Then a break for Bartoli 4-5 so she was serving for the match. Then 5-5 all and eventually Ana won the tiebreak.
Sadly I don't have that match.

Dexter
Aug 24th, 2006, 07:23 PM
I would definitely want to see that match against Golovin. Must be great.
Also a really crazy match was against Bartoli in......Toronto 2005! (this year the tournament was in Montreal).
4-6 7-6 (7-5) 7-6 (7-3)
In the 2nd set Ana was leading with 4-0 but Bartoli came back.
In the 3rd set Ana was leading with 3-0, but Bartoli broke 2 times and it was 3-4. Ana broke back 4-4. Then a break for Bartoli 4-5 so she was serving for the match. Then 5-5 all and eventually Ana won the tiebreak.
Sadly I don't have that match.Ana got injured in this match and my friend was there in person and he said it was high-drama but awful quality-wise match. Marion was really disappointed b/c Ana was visibly struggling and Frenchwoman was looking at the end as the clear winner but our girl somehow pulled it through. Needless to say she pulled out of her next match and lost in the 2nd round of US Open to Maria Vento-Kabchi, against whom few months before she lost 1 game. :help:

up!
Aug 24th, 2006, 07:26 PM
Obviously it's the match between Ana and Amélie in FO.

Joana
Aug 24th, 2006, 07:32 PM
Junior Wimbledon '04 semi against Azarenka. I didn't watch it, of course, but following the livescores was bad enough. She won the first set 6-0 in no time, and then lost the second 1-6 just as quickly. And then came madness - rain delays after literally every couple of games. It was terrible, the set was going on forever, both were choking, Azarenka had a couple of match points, Ana served an ace on of them... 12-10 for Ana in the end. I read that they both cried during the late stages of the match and Ana was crying when she hit that ace down a match point.

Joana
Aug 24th, 2006, 07:35 PM
Obviously it's the match between Ana and Amélie in FO.

I don't even remember what was going in the second set after 3-1 because I spent the entire time cursing at TV. :o Luckily I got myself together in time for the 3rd set.

MARYANGEL
Aug 24th, 2006, 07:47 PM
It should be nice to watch this matches, to know if somebody can do it. This matches sound really good and one think I have seen on ANA IVANOVIC is that she don't giveuo easily during matches. I remember the match agains Na Li, she got injury, but she did not want to giveup......her spirit is well high too.........

Dexter
Aug 24th, 2006, 07:51 PM
Junior Wimbledon '04 semi against Azarenka. I didn't watch it, of course, but following the livescores was bad enough. She won the first set 6-0 in no time, and then lost the second 1-6 just as quickly. And then came madness - rain delays after literally every couple of games. It was terrible, the set was going on forever, both were choking, Azarenka had a couple of match points, Ana served an ace on of them... 12-10 for Ana in the end. I read that they both cried during the late stages of the match and Ana was crying when she hit that ace down a match point.that's right. I've heard about it from some of my friends. Guess she was too tired (physically and emotionally) to win the final against Katya Bondarenko. Oh well... Wimbledon runner-ups seem to have better careers than champions :lol: Another example - the year before Duszewina won over Szarapowa.

Freakan
Aug 24th, 2006, 10:27 PM
Junior Wimbledon '04 semi against Azarenka. I didn't watch it, of course, but following the livescores was bad enough. She won the first set 6-0 in no time, and then lost the second 1-6 just as quickly. And then came madness - rain delays after literally every couple of games. It was terrible, the set was going on forever, both were choking, Azarenka had a couple of match points, Ana served an ace on of them... 12-10 for Ana in the end. I read that they both cried during the late stages of the match and Ana was crying when she hit that ace down a match point.

Following the livescores almost gave me a heart attack :o

G~Playa
Aug 25th, 2006, 06:44 AM
I had the whole 3rd set. But now only the last part (from 5all) works. :shrug:
i only got the last 2 games

Sash1
Aug 25th, 2006, 09:39 AM
Following the livescores almost gave me a heart attack :o

Oh yeah, I remember that one! Good one!!!

It seems lots of people were following that on livescores! :)