PDA

View Full Version : New Haven QF: (7) Linds Tries To Lay Smackdown On (1) Amelie

pierce0415
Aug 23rd, 2006, 09:26 PM
Linds is playing well again - I predict she takes out Ame easily 63 64 :eek:

mr_burns
Aug 23rd, 2006, 09:28 PM
Lindsay seems to be in a nice form
and it's hardcourt

That should be hers...

The Daviator
Aug 23rd, 2006, 09:29 PM
Make it 12-3 Linds :devil:

tennisboi
Aug 23rd, 2006, 09:32 PM
Make it 12-3 Linds :devil:

Hopefully;)

Wannabeknowitall
Aug 23rd, 2006, 09:35 PM
I'm surprised I'm actually able to post in a Pierce0415 thread. My computer has been a little allergic to them lately, freezing for some reason.
Anywho. Lindsay seemed quite happy last week right after the draw was shown.
This is probably why. She's playing three straight players who can't tolerate Lindsay's flat deep grounstrokes in Srebotnik, Schiavone, and Amelie.
She couldn't ask for a better draw. As good as Amelie has been in the last couple of months she hasn't beaten her toughest opponent, Lindsay.
She gets her chance but I doubt she will be able to do. Lindsay in two.

Stamp Paid
Aug 23rd, 2006, 09:38 PM
I'm surprised I'm actually able to post in a Pierce0415 thread. My computer has been a little allergic to them lately, freezing for some reason.
This is probably why. She's playing three straight players who can't tolerate Lindsay's flat deep grounstrokes in Srebotnik, Schiavone, and Amelie.
She couldn't ask for a better draw. As good as Amelie has been in the last couple of months she hasn't beaten her toughest opponent, Lindsay.
She gets her chance but I doubt she will be able to do. Lindsay in two.

Lindsay is not her toughest opponent. Shes actually beaten Lindsay more than once.
Other than that, I agree.

Lindsayfan32
Aug 23rd, 2006, 09:40 PM
Interesting match up Ameile has been in great form of late and this is the first time Lindsay has played her since her two grand slam wins. We will find out in this match how mentally tough Ameile really is or does Lindsay still get in her head before they even step on the court. I don't think this will be a push over match I'll take Lindsay in 3 sets.

GrandSlam05
Aug 23rd, 2006, 09:42 PM
Lindsay is not her toughest opponent. Shes actually beaten Lindsay more than once.
Yeah, she beat Lindsay alright, like SIX years ago. :lol:

MH0861
Aug 23rd, 2006, 09:43 PM

Amelie has taken one set off Lindsay in 5 years and 10 matches (two = walkovers, though.) I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if Mauresmo wins, but I'm gonna go with my girl Linds in two.

QUEENLINDSAY
Lindsay in 2

If Lindsay starts good, she have it in the bag!

LUXXXAS
really? :haha::tape:

Paul.
Aug 23rd, 2006, 09:44 PM
i voted amelie. i think that she is in her stride now and will play lindsay out of it in 3 sets. maybe 7-5 1-6 6-3

Lindsayfan32

3 times out of 14 and you don't call Lindsay a tough opponent I think she is look at the results of late. Up a set and a break of serve in the Wimbledon semi final last year and still lost and Lindsay didn't have to play great to beat her either.

Kim's_fan_4ever
Lindsay has a great chance to win with Amelie. Amelie didn't show nothing special against the Russian girl. Lindsay please win it and defend your title here!

Stamp Paid
Aug 23rd, 2006, 09:47 PM

She only beat Serena once though. :angel:

hablo
Aug 23rd, 2006, 09:53 PM
For sure, Serena is Momo's toughest opponent, then Lindsay, then Kim (why is this even a discussion ? :tape: )

Momo is not in her greatest form at the moment either (shoulder problems) but even if she was in her best form Lindsay would still take her out in two (except at wimbledon, where their last match was in 3! :p) :angel:

allez Momo, just get some practice before US Open :help:

RJWCapriati
Aug 23rd, 2006, 10:12 PM
Davenport

6-4, 6-4

-VSR-
Aug 23rd, 2006, 10:16 PM
Going for the American Lindsay! :yeah:

DragonFlame
Aug 23rd, 2006, 10:20 PM
judging form and today's matches lindsay should win this 1 in 2 sets. wasn't impressed with amelie at all.

Wannabeknowitall
Aug 23rd, 2006, 10:31 PM

Lindsay has beaten Amelie TEN STRAIGHT TIMES.
Mauresmo hasn't won a match against Lindsay in SIX YEARS.
Is there anyone else on tour that has done that to Mauresmo?

Wannabeknowitall
Aug 23rd, 2006, 10:33 PM
For sure, Serena is Momo's toughest opponent, then Lindsay, then Kim (why is this even a discussion ? :tape: )

Momo is not in her greatest form at the moment either (shoulder problems) but even if she was in her best form Lindsay would still take her out in two (except at wimbledon, where their last match was in 3! :p) :angel:

allez Momo, just get some practice before US Open :help:

Refer to the stats in previous post. ^^^

GrandSlam05
Aug 23rd, 2006, 10:35 PM
Yeah but they haven't played as many times. And at least one maybe two of those wins over Lindsay in the late 90s were on clay.

Kart
Aug 23rd, 2006, 10:38 PM
I suspect Amelie has a better chance of winning than some in here are giving her.

Wayn77
Aug 23rd, 2006, 10:39 PM
Deja Vu

Big big clash - I would pay good money to watch this!

Lindsey always fancied her chances against Amelie: just stay tough - grind the Frenchwoman down to error-ridden submission. Amelie is a slightly different creature these days; tougher, more solid and winning big matches.

Mauresmo in two.

Russianboy90
Aug 23rd, 2006, 10:41 PM
The one and only who can win this match is Lindsay DAVENPORT! IN 2 sets! 6-3 6-2!

sapir1434
Aug 23rd, 2006, 10:42 PM
I suspect Amelie has a better chance of winning than some in here are giving her.
I agree. Amelie is still having an amzing year, I don't think we can compare the last years to the this one. I wish she can give a better fight now :)

jlamire
Aug 23rd, 2006, 10:48 PM
This is just a TierII so yes Momo can lose that one....the more important things are for the next 2 weeks...

lindsayno1
Aug 23rd, 2006, 10:56 PM
Lindsay in 2. She owns amelie...injury lay off or not, 2 grandslams or not, lindsay gets into her head!

Lindsays won 3...still justine gets into her head

VeeReeDavJCap81
Aug 23rd, 2006, 10:59 PM
Yup and Serena served for that one.

VeeReeDavJCap81
Aug 23rd, 2006, 11:00 PM
Lindsay in 2. She owns amelie...injury lay off or not, 2 grandslams or not, lindsay gets into her head!

I don't think it's a head thing, I just think that Lindsay isn't bothered by Momo's junkballs.

sfselesfan
Aug 23rd, 2006, 11:02 PM
justine gets into her head

I think this USO will be the end of this...I have a feeling (albeit a hopeful one).

SF

MinnyGophers
Aug 23rd, 2006, 11:04 PM
Interesting match up Ameile has been in great form of late and this is the first time Lindsay has played her since her two grand slam wins. We will find out in this match how mentally tough Ameile really is or does Lindsay still get in her head before they even step on the court. I don't think this will be a push over match I'll take Lindsay in 3 sets.

She wins two slams and the YEC, and she STILL needs to prove how "mentally tough" she is? :rolleyes:

Lenafan
Aug 23rd, 2006, 11:10 PM
She wins two slams and the YEC, and she STILL needs to prove how "mentally tough" she is? :rolleyes:

No kidding. She wins 2 Slams, a YEC, had an amazing year, but a quarterfinal match in a Tier 2 tournament on the eve of a Grand Slam will show us how mentally tough she is? I didn't know New Haven is the place that careers are made or broken. :lol:

Wannabeknowitall
Aug 23rd, 2006, 11:22 PM

She didn't play Lindsay during the time.
Lindsay has beaten her ten straight times. Mauresmo is one of Lindsay's bitches on tour. If Lindsay can still crush Mauresmo in a match even after what is suppose to be her best year, then I see that as a problem.

MH0861
Aug 23rd, 2006, 11:23 PM
No kidding. She wins 2 Slams, a YEC, had an amazing year, but a quarterfinal match in a Tier 2 tournament on the eve of a Grand Slam will show us how mentally tough she is? I didn't know New Haven is the place that careers are made or broken. :lol:

LOL so true. As a diehard Lindsay fan, I agree Amelie has a much bigger chance in this match than some make it out to be -- I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if she wins. I'm just hoping both girls play well, it's competitive, and Lindsay tries her best. No shame losing to the undisputed #1 player in the world with so many big titles in her ranking, but a victory would be incredible for Linds.

DavenportForever
Aug 23rd, 2006, 11:24 PM
Lindsay, only because she is playing well so far and she has a complete lead over her career wise.

franny
Aug 23rd, 2006, 11:36 PM
It's so weird how Davenport and Sharapova plays such a similar game yet Davenport owns Mauresmo whereas Maria is 0-3. What makes it weirder is that Sharapova is 4-1 against Davenport. WTF? Is it because Davenport can handle variety better? Or is it just because Davenport is a much better volleyer? What do you guys think. I mean, Sharapova certainly is mentally tougher than Davenport, and faster too. But she lacks the volleys of Lindsay and Lindsay handles low balls better. Is that the defining difference?

MH0861
Aug 23rd, 2006, 11:40 PM
It's so weird how Davenport and Sharapova plays such a similar game yet Davenport owns Mauresmo whereas Maria is 0-3. What makes it weirder is that Sharapova is 4-1 against Davenport. WTF? Is it because Davenport can handle variety better? Or is it just because Davenport is a much better volleyer? What do you guys think. I mean, Sharapova certainly is mentally tougher than Davenport, and faster too. But she lacks the volleys of Lindsay and Lindsay handles low balls better. Is that the defining difference?

Yeah, I think Lindsay's experience helps her - she's used to the variety and knows how to handle it.

I've always thought Lindsay shouldn't have a 1-4 H2H with Maria - she should be beating her, but alas, she doesn't. All of her losses have been 3 sets, and she shouldn't have lost any of them apart from Dubai, but such is life. Maria is a fighter, and that gets to Lindsay sometimes in 3 setters.

MinnyGophers
Aug 23rd, 2006, 11:45 PM
She didn't play Lindsay during the time.
Lindsay has beaten her ten straight times. Mauresmo is one of Lindsay's bitches on tour. If Lindsay can still crush Mauresmo in a match even after what is suppose to be her best year, then I see that as a problem.

How would that be a problem? Just because she won two slams, Mauresmo isn't invincible, but it doesn't mean that she isn't mentally stronger than ever before. The fact that Lindsay beats her everytime might have more to do with their respective type of games not matching up, don't you think? Or are you insinuating that everytime Lindsay beat Amelie, it was only because Amelie wasn't yet mentally strong enough?
Lindsay has a lot of bitches on tour, just like every player has her own ( or multiple). It's like player A owns player B who owns player C. Yet player C also owns player A. Does that mean player B owns player A? No.

Let's not forget that Lindsay is one of the best of this generation, and if Amelie loses to her, I wouldn't be surprised, just like I wouldn't be surprised if JHH, Kimmie, Serena, Venus, Hingis, Sharapova...etc... loses to her :confused:

Robbie.
Aug 23rd, 2006, 11:56 PM

Me too.

I love Lindsay but I'm not so confident that her mastery of Momo is going to continue here. Certainly of all the top players she is the one that I would want Lindsay to face, but if Momo is ever going to beat Lindsay it is now.

Good luck, Lindsay.

blumaroo
Aug 24th, 2006, 12:14 AM
This is the time for Momo to beat her. Forcing Lindsay to make errors and to get sloppy. She would never beat a 100% Lindsay.

Ty-Ty
Aug 24th, 2006, 01:52 AM
Since the only tennis video I own is them playing last year in the final, I've had to watch it more times than I'd like. :lol:

Lindsay in straight sets.

GrandSlam05
Aug 24th, 2006, 02:12 AM
Since the only tennis video I own is them playing last year in the final, I've had to watch it more times than I'd like. :lol:

Lindsay in straight sets.
I had it on dvr for quite a while and watched it a few too many myself. Esp the 2nd set, the first set was kinda sloppy from Lindsay.

CrossCourt~Rally
Aug 24th, 2006, 02:27 AM
Linds in str8 :bounce:

Wayn77
Aug 24th, 2006, 02:44 AM
World no. 1 Mauresmo must finally beat Davenport in this one!

Amelie has changed her game in the last year, with some success. The flair has been jettisoned for dour, tactically astute, percentage tennis - playing to her physical strengths and reducing the unforced errors. A game plan that seems to have made her more solid in the big matches. We shall see how Davenport's Bitch goes here - I expect Mauresmo to win comfortably

Hugo24
Aug 24th, 2006, 03:45 AM
I think Amelie will win she can beat linds.

Andrew..
Aug 24th, 2006, 04:39 AM
Lindsay was playing straight up big babe tennis today. And she was, like, moving. It was very nice to see.

Amelie on the other hand was content to keep the ball in play with nasty, defensive shots, and hope for the error. I thought she was over this. Sigh.

Anyway, I still think this is 50/50. If both play like they did today, Lindsay wins 4 and 2. But I really think Mauresmo will raise her game. It will be a great match.

SpikeyAidanm
Aug 24th, 2006, 05:13 AM
Davenport 7-6, 7-5

Buitenzorg
Aug 24th, 2006, 05:53 AM
Never underestimate Amelie's ability on the court....I have realised, after she won AO & Wimbledon :eek: didn't expecting her to win both GS title this year

but Lindsay would probably has an edge on hardcourt

Linds d Maurs 6-3 2-6 6-4

1star
Aug 24th, 2006, 05:59 AM
She gets her chance but I doubt she will be able to do. Lindsay in two.Yeah, my computer did get frozen when i tried to open some threads currently, not all of them. It's werid.
Anyway i applied some software like ActiveX manager, which seemed to have solved the problem. Otherwise i would have the system reinstalled.

Well, hope it is a close match. I want Landsay win USO so that she could retire with less regrat. ;)

bellascarlett
Aug 24th, 2006, 06:04 AM
Lindsay was playing straight up big babe tennis today. And she was, like, moving. It was very nice to see.

:lol:

yeah based on play today, i give it to lindsay. she was great today considering her circumstances. depends also if amelie raises her game i agree.

hablo
Aug 24th, 2006, 06:09 AM

Amelie on the other hand was content to keep the ball in play with nasty, defensive shots, and hope for the error. I thought she was over this. Sigh.

Anyway, I still think this is 50/50. If both play like they did today, Lindsay wins 4 and 2. But I really think Mauresmo will raise her game. It will be a great match.
Momo can be so frustrating sometimes :help::mad:
Sounds like she will get creamed tomorrow :tape:

sweet angel
Aug 24th, 2006, 06:15 AM
Guys, let's get real here. Momo will not crush Lindsay at all. Did Anyone watched Momo's game today? Very sloppy since she played against nobody. So, I doubt if Lindsay will bow down. Lindsay has her game almost back together so I believe and hope that she will crush her. Mentally, Momo fears Lindsay's game..

swiss
Aug 24th, 2006, 06:24 AM
allez Amé :bounce:
take yhat monkey off your shoulder :p