PDA

View Full Version : Easydrawapova AKA Sharapova does "IT" again

Bijoux0021
Aug 23rd, 2006, 06:59 PM
This is the 8th straight Grand Slam the "IT" girl has managed to get a free pass to the Semis. This was as expected as..... :rolleyes:

vogus
Aug 23rd, 2006, 07:03 PM
omg, this is a laugher of a draw. I bet Maria is shaking in her sneakers at the thought of having to face Likhovtseva in the 3rd round.

tenn_ace
Aug 23rd, 2006, 07:14 PM
This is the 8th straight Grand Slam the "IT" girl has managed to get a free pass to the Semis. This was as expected as..... :rolleyes:

do this :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: as much as you want to (until they stay there), but Maria has nothing to do with it. :rolleyes:

myxomatosis
Aug 23rd, 2006, 07:15 PM
A little scared that Maria's going to win the tourney? :p

vwfan
Aug 23rd, 2006, 07:15 PM
This is the 8th straight Grand Slam the "IT" girl has managed to get a free pass to the Semis. This was as expected as..... :rolleyes:and it hasn't helped her one bit. The semis is where she meets someone who can punish after she's been lazying around for five rounds. :tape:

SAEKeithSerena
Aug 23rd, 2006, 07:17 PM
i'm not surprised.....

ezekiel
Aug 23rd, 2006, 07:17 PM
she is scared of semis :devil:

Kim's_fan_4ever
Aug 23rd, 2006, 07:18 PM
So what? JHH has even easier way to semis... Why aren't you writing about that?

SilK
Aug 23rd, 2006, 07:20 PM
Michaella is going to beat her! :D

And yes, I am currently residing on planet delusional! :retard: ;)

bellascarlett
Aug 23rd, 2006, 07:21 PM

that's exactly what i said...but of course they prefer to focus on maria. maria is special i guess. they always think about her first. i guess people are more worried about her winning it all than others. ;)

RenaSlam.
Aug 23rd, 2006, 07:22 PM
The usual. This is always expected nowadays.

MH0861
Aug 23rd, 2006, 07:23 PM
LOL, that's pretty crazy she's drawn to meet Petrova AGAIN in a slam QF.

tenn_ace
Aug 23rd, 2006, 07:25 PM
some S.Williams fans are using this few days to bash Masha because after the first round everybody will be talking about a you-know-whose loss to Lino :bounce:

mboyle
Aug 23rd, 2006, 07:26 PM
Krajicek in the first round...are you kidding? That is a tough opener...Juju's draw is MUCH easier.

salvy41
Aug 23rd, 2006, 07:31 PM

Because Sharapova seems to consistently get easy draws.

saki
Aug 23rd, 2006, 07:32 PM
I think both Justine and Maria have good draws but I'd say Justine's was slightly harder because of Lindsay being there. Justine has played well against Lindsay in the last couple of years but Linds is still a very dangerous player on hardcourt. Nadia is struggling horribly and probably won't even make it to the QF.

ezekiel
Aug 23rd, 2006, 07:40 PM

forget petrova ,she hasn't won a match in months

roarke
Aug 23rd, 2006, 07:43 PM
Maria frequently has easy draws, so did Kim at one time. So far both have not done much with the opportunities. I am sure these good people here knows how the draws are selected. I am sure no one is actually accusing her personally of fixing the draws and if that were the case she is not doing a good job at it as she has so far underestimated her opponents. We should have real concerns only if we can prove the person/s doing the draw wants to see Maria in the final so badly that s/he performs some Copperfield type tricks to insure it. No magicians in the WTA for sure.

chinatennis
Aug 23rd, 2006, 07:46 PM
Tiantian probably makes a big difficult yo Sharapova

Bijoux0021
Aug 23rd, 2006, 07:57 PM
A little scared that Maria's going to win the tourney? :p
Not at all.

I'm scared, however, if she can't win a Slam very soon with all those cup-cake draws they've been feeding her, the next step will be that the organizers will simply hand her the trophy without her playing one match. If they could get away with it, they would do it. And they would have no shame whatsoever, just like they have no shame right now giving her all those free passes everytime.

tenn_ace
Aug 23rd, 2006, 07:59 PM
Not at all.

I'm scared, however, if she can't win a Slam very soon with all those cup-cake draws they've been feeding her, the next step will be that the organizers will simply hand her the trophy without her playing one match. If they could get away with it, they would do it. And they would have no shame whatsoever, just like they have no shame right now giving her all those free passes everytime.

forgetting how long it took your fav to win the second slam? :p of course, you are...

Bijoux0021
Aug 23rd, 2006, 08:03 PM
Don't make me laugh! What has Petrova won the last 3 months?

Bijoux0021
Aug 23rd, 2006, 08:05 PM
forgetting how long it took your fav to win the second slam? :p of course, you are...
Remind me...was she given free passes to the Semis of every Slam?

tenn_ace
Aug 23rd, 2006, 08:08 PM
Remind me...was she given free passes to the Semis of every Slam?

you are her fan, you should know.

mandy7
Aug 23rd, 2006, 08:11 PM

At least we're living there together :D.

GO MISA! :lol:

To all the crazy ppl out there, i am NOT hating on maria,
I am supporting Misa, she is Dutch and lovely and i like/love her! :worship:

Wojtek
Aug 23rd, 2006, 08:11 PM
Probably thread starter is Williams fan

Bijoux0021
Aug 23rd, 2006, 08:13 PM
If she had gotten easy draws to the Semis in the last 8th straight Grand Slams, I would have written about it.

ezekiel
Aug 23rd, 2006, 08:20 PM
ok , we all know Pova gets cake draws to the semis and then gets schooled by an in form players. Let's make a thread when something happens differently ;)

bellascarlett
Aug 23rd, 2006, 08:23 PM
Not at all.

:haha: complete bullshit...

believe what you want...i'll believe you're scared she'd win it all...:)

TennizFan
Aug 23rd, 2006, 08:24 PM
If she had gotten easy draws to the Semis in the last 8th straight Grand Slams, I would have written about it.

Or maybe there are only a handful of players who can beat her, and that's why she reaches the semis ;) Anyways, good luck with your speculations...

gmak
Aug 23rd, 2006, 08:30 PM
:yawn: :yawn:

hmmm, looks like you haven't seen JHH's draw :tape:

tenn_ace
Aug 23rd, 2006, 08:31 PM
Probably thread starter is Williams fan

you can bet your life on it...

borisy
Aug 23rd, 2006, 08:34 PM
Mary will eat her like she did in 2004 :angel:

pimpie
Aug 23rd, 2006, 08:36 PM
lol what kind of players do you like her to meet in the first rounds then?
venus? justine? kim? momo? Cause those are the players that can
realy beat maria

Natasc
Aug 23rd, 2006, 08:37 PM
and it hasn't helped her one bit. The semis is where she meets someone who can punish after she's been lazying around for five rounds. :tape:
I havent see the draw
but I agree on what u are saying....

gmak
Aug 23rd, 2006, 08:42 PM
lol what kind of players do you like her to meet in the first rounds then?
venus? justine? kim? momo? Cause those are the players that can
realy beat maria

:worship: :worship: :worship:

maria drew nadia, the result would be the same if she drew patty or hingis ;)

Bijoux0021
Aug 23rd, 2006, 08:49 PM
Or maybe there are only a handful of players who can beat her, and that's why she reaches the semis ;) Anyways, good luck with your speculations...
Nice try. What a coincidence that among a handful of players who can beat her, the organizers have always found a way to have her NOT meet one until the Semis.

adam_ads_n
Aug 23rd, 2006, 08:54 PM
Krajicek in the first round...are you kidding? That is a tough opener...Juju's draw is MUCH easier.
Unfortunately Misa is not in form recently. Masha's draw is far too easy. She got Likhovtseva in her draw, and we all know how is Elena doing lately. Look at hantuchova's draw - Maria would exit early while having such draw.

Carmen Mairena
Aug 23rd, 2006, 08:55 PM
She speaks American, what did you expect? :tape:

Wojtek
Aug 23rd, 2006, 08:57 PM
omg Bijoux0021 is another troll

1. About Sharapova and Roddick - Sharapova hater

Yeah, the two most over-hyped players in tennis. Do you hate Sharapova's game also, because her game is a carbon copy of Venus and Serena's.

2. Justine hater

Serena vs. Justine first round...A still out-of-shape-not-match-tough-Serena would crush Justine. Serena fans have every right to hate Justine after she cheated Serena to win that 2003 French Open Semifinal. You can understand the hate, can't you? Aside from Venus, Serena would be a lot more motivated to beat anyone of the top players in the first round, especially Justine. Justine cheating and lying to win matches, or Serena cursing at herself when she's frustrated with her play?

---------------------------

Another idiot, who has bad dreams because Willliams sister lost to Masha and Justine. Men, get a life because it's past and you're acting like blind fool.

backhanddtl4
Aug 23rd, 2006, 09:02 PM
sometimes an easy draw is bad...like at wimbledon it was soooo incredibly easy and then all of a sudden she plays mauresmo.....she won't be prepared for a hard match maybe, and the semis will be hard for her?

Serge007
Aug 23rd, 2006, 09:05 PM
What a coincidence that among a handful of players who can beat her, the organizers have always found a way to have her NOT meet one until the Semis.
Because Mauresmo and Henin met her in semifinal (final). Maria can beat others players.

LoveFifteen
Aug 23rd, 2006, 09:13 PM
Not at all.

*cough* paranoid *cough*

Bijoux0021
Aug 23rd, 2006, 10:12 PM
*cough* paranoid *cough*
Yep, just as the organizers are so paranoid that they don't believe for one second Sharapova can win a Slam facing a decent and in-form player before the Semis.

franny
Aug 23rd, 2006, 10:17 PM
Nice try. What a coincidence that among a handful of players who can beat her, the organizers have always found a way to have her NOT meet one until the Semis.

Well most of those players are in the same seeding bracket as she is, so she CAN'T meet them until the semis. Who else can beat her? Williams? How many slams have they played in where they could have met Maria early? Oh wait, Serena could have at the Aus Open but what happened there? SHe lost early. I would not say that her Aus Open draw this year was easy. Nor would I say that her French Open draw was easy.

franny
Aug 23rd, 2006, 10:19 PM
Yep, just as the organizers are so paranoid that they don't believe for one second Sharapova can win a Slam facing a decent and in-form player before the Semis.

I just don't think its logical for one to conclude that the organizers are purposely making the draws easy for Sharapova. It's the U.S.Open. If they wanted to make it easy on anyone, it'd be for the one person who can truly sell tickets: Serena. But they didn't, which obviously means that they don't fix the draws. Bottom line, if she wants to win the tournament, she'll have to beat at least two top players. Reaching the semis of every event doesn't matter. No one is going to remember her in the future. If she wants to win, she'll have to go through Mauresmo and Justine and the Williams to do it. Just let it go.

Gerben
Aug 23rd, 2006, 10:28 PM
Go for the upset Misa! :unsure:

ASP0315
Aug 23rd, 2006, 11:29 PM
What else is new. :rolleyes:.

and it hasn't helped her one bit. The semis is where she meets someone who can punish after she's been lazying around for five rounds.

I agree with that. She got her ass kicked by Mauresmo at Wimbledon. So he will definetely not win US Open.

SilK
Aug 23rd, 2006, 11:41 PM
Go for the upset Misa! :unsure:

HELL YEAH! :worship:

MH0861
Aug 23rd, 2006, 11:44 PM
Don't make me laugh! What has Petrova won the last 3 months?

forget petrova ,she hasn't won a match in months

Hello! I never said Nadia would make it that far and/or beat Maria! :lol: It just seems like they are ALWAYS drawn in the same quarter at slams. Just commenting on that. ;)

IceHock
Aug 24th, 2006, 12:16 AM

I don't understand why your mad when she has lost in all those semifinals after easy draws.

Bijoux0021
Aug 24th, 2006, 12:32 AM
I don't understand why your mad when she has lost in all those semifinals after easy draws.
The point is she wouldn't have made it that far if it weren't for all those free passes. Obviously, the tennis organizers must agree or they wouldn't have managed to give her cup-cake draws the last 8th straight Slams. They have to keep her hype-machine running as long as possible in order to keep shoving her down people's throats.

IceHock
Aug 24th, 2006, 01:11 AM
The point is she wouldn't have made it that far if it weren't for all those free passes. Obviously, the tennis organizers must agree or they wouldn't have managed to give her cup-cake draws the last 8th straight Slams. They have to keep her hype-machine running as long as possible in order to keep shoving her down people's throats.

Who ranked lower than Maria would beat her???Just wanna see who you think would.

SzavayFi
Aug 24th, 2006, 01:14 AM
easydrawapova. the originality :bowdown:

Ferosh
Aug 24th, 2006, 01:14 AM
Sharapova still has to win her matches just like every other player. Get over it.

jacobruiz
Aug 24th, 2006, 01:20 AM

First of all, Maria has not had cup-cake draws the last 8 straight slams. Second of all, anyone who truly believes the draw is rigged is an idiot.

Andy.
Aug 24th, 2006, 01:24 AM
Get over it haters and stop your whining and bitching.

faboozadoo15
Aug 24th, 2006, 01:43 AM
Who ranked lower than Maria would beat her???Just wanna see who you think would.
exactly. this is what i'd like to know too.
maria had a 1/4 chance of getting hingis/schnyder/sveta/nadia. she got nadia, the highest ranked, who is albeit in the worst form. maria has been wiping the floor lately with schnyder and hingis. sveta has been playing like crap.

and she got pierce from the group of pierce/schiavone/groenefeld/hantuchova. once again, pierce is the highest ranked, albeit in not the greatest form, but she made the FINAL last year.

the only part of maria's draw that is maybe "easy" is where she has elena l in her round of 32. she could have gotten zheng/venus/dechy/elena l. zheng and venus are tougher oppoennts right now than elena l. i'll concede that.

also, maria has one of the more intriguing first round matches.

sure, this draw isn't as hard as mauresmo's, but i think it's harder than justine's. elena d's draw is as hard as she makes it. it's always that way.

Dan23
Aug 24th, 2006, 01:46 AM
need 2 threads for this?? :lol:

Il Primo!
Aug 24th, 2006, 02:28 AM
You haters are completely foolish :o! So Maria would have had 8 easy draws in the row!?:eek: :haha: Hum, so the OZ draw was a cakewalk? Wake up, don't forget she was in the top half, the half of the death!

And don't be so bitter, we all know that Maria will likely win all her matches if she doesn't face Momo or JHH. Who can beat amoung the other players? Dementieva?? Please, be serious :lol:. She could have faced Serena or Venus in the first rounds, it wouldn't have really changed something, they're not in form.

I fix that Maria will always have easy draws until the semies coz only the top 1 and 2 seeds of the tournament can beat her! Is as simple as that:rolleyes:

And look at JHH's draw :yawn:

Natalicious
Aug 24th, 2006, 02:39 AM
i think momo has the hardest draw.. and JHH the easiest!!!

bellascarlett
Aug 24th, 2006, 02:54 AM
Unfortunately Misa is not in form recently. Masha's draw is far too easy. She got Likhovtseva in her draw, and we all know how is Elena doing lately. Look at hantuchova's draw - Maria would exit early while having such draw.

first of all, why on earth would she ever get daniela's draw? maria is the 3rd seed while dani is 17th. my gosh the things that you say. please think.

bis2806
Aug 24th, 2006, 02:57 AM
Seeds don't mean anything :rolleyes: Stop denying that Maria has cakewalk draws. It would send a message if she loses before SF.

jacobruiz
Aug 24th, 2006, 03:02 AM
first of all, why on earth would she ever get daniela's draw? maria is the 3rd seed while dani is 17th. my gosh the things that you say. please think.

Agreed. Maria should have the 3rd easiest draw but she got the 2nd easiest.

Big deal.:p

ezekiel
Aug 24th, 2006, 03:05 AM
what was her last impressive slam victory ?

ezekiel
Aug 24th, 2006, 03:11 AM
First of all, Maria has not had cup-cake draws the last 8 straight slams. Second of all, anyone who truly believes the draw is rigged is an idiot.

She has had the most blatant draws but I believe it to be accidental. But hey it may not be doing her much good, at RG and Wimbly she was very vulnerable against nobodies and outplayed by Amelie again.

WIMBLY2004
Aug 24th, 2006, 03:12 AM
Look at hantuchova's draw - Maria would exit early while having such draw.

Right, forget about seeding, who cares about it :lol:
How about you look at a certain qualifier's draw, that's the real tough one:
Mauresmo - Shaughnessy - Raymond - Serena Williams/Ana Ivanovic - Hingis - Sharapova - Justine Henin-Hardenne
Hantuchova can't even make to the second round having such draw :lol:

*Jool*
Aug 24th, 2006, 03:31 AM
lol

what makes me laugh is that at least 2 posters/Maria fans told that she can't beat Mauresmo or Henin-Hardenne

that's too bad
to win a slam , you have to beat the VERY top players , not let the others do the job

so, cakewalk draw or not (obviously this one is a cakewalk draw ) , Maria won't win the US Open IF she has to draw Henin or Mauresmo - (bad luck , they're in the draw :p )

that's pretty sad to hear from fans.

All wanted to say :wavey:

faboozadoo15
Aug 24th, 2006, 03:44 AM
lol

what makes me laugh is that at least 2 posters/Maria fans told that she can't beat Mauresmo or Henin-Hardenne

that's too bad
to win a slam , you have to beat the VERY top players , not let the others do the job

so, cakewalk draw or not (obviously this one is a cakewalk draw ) , Maria won't win the US Open IF she has to draw Henin or Mauresmo - (bad luck , they're in the draw :p )

those players were only saying that out of respect to their #1 and #2 rankings. kim is #3 and maria just beat her, and she's not in the draw. maria is gunning for amelie and justine because she hasn't beaten them in a major. it would be a huge leap to just assume it would be a done deal here at the us open. stop putting words in peopels' mouths!

Junex
Aug 24th, 2006, 03:57 AM

DUh!

Because they are seeded not to meet here earlier than the Quarters!!!!

:rolleyes:

*Jool*
Aug 24th, 2006, 03:59 AM
i knew i should have deleted my post
i actually really coulnt care less abt who has the easiest draw ...

bellascarlett
Aug 24th, 2006, 04:01 AM
lol

that's too bad

HUH??????????

Ryan
Aug 24th, 2006, 04:01 AM
Uh, can someone think up a draw where Maria wouldn't make it to the semis? Seeds 5-8 aren't exactly juggernauts, and there's not one person in the draw you can guarantee she'd lose against before the Semifinals.

switz
Aug 24th, 2006, 04:08 AM
meh lots of players get good draws. I personally think these draws are of no help to Sharapova. The reality is that she's going to get the semis of every slam bar the French on most occasions no matter who is in her draw (as much as i hate to admit it).

If she got some tough matches earlier she may well be better prepared. The closest she's come to getting to a slam final was the Aus Open 2005 and there she was given a number of tough matches from the 1st round to the semis. I think she needs that to be a slam contender again personally.

*Jool*
Aug 24th, 2006, 04:08 AM
HUH??????????

lol .never mind , I should never have posted ;)
I should let so called lovers and haters discuss this, that's none of my business ;)

bellascarlett
Aug 24th, 2006, 04:19 AM
meh lots of players get good draws. I personally think these draws are of no help to Sharapova. The reality is that she's going to get the semis of every slam bar the French on most occasions no matter who is in her draw (as much as i hate to admit it).

If she got some tough matches earlier she may well be better prepared. The closest she's come to getting to a slam final was the Aus Open 2005 and there she was given a number of tough matches from the 1st round to the semis. I think she needs that to be a slam contender again personally.

now this is a good reasonable post at least. i also worry about her not being match tough enough once she gets to the semis especially since the person coming out of the first quarter would be well prepared. but the draw is what it is and it is undoubtedly a good draw. but there are also people early on in her draw that shouldn't be underestimated. she'll still have to play well.

jacobruiz
Aug 24th, 2006, 04:23 AM
Uh, can someone think up a draw where Maria wouldn't make it to the semis? Seeds 5-8 aren't exactly juggernauts, and there's not one person in the draw you can guarantee she'd lose against before the Semifinals.

Good idea. Anyone?

Dan23
Aug 24th, 2006, 04:38 AM
Good idea. Anyone?
that explanation is too simple there has to be draw rigging :rolleyes: ;)

myxomatosis
Aug 24th, 2006, 04:40 AM
that explanation is too simple there has to be draw rigging :rolleyes: ;)That is the only realistic explanation, I reckon.

ezekiel
Aug 24th, 2006, 04:41 AM
Good idea. Anyone?

Dementieva, Davenport , Kuznetsova, Ivanovic, Jankovic, Venus, Vaidisova, all ranked behind her and curiously missing from her part of draw

so.krist!na
Aug 24th, 2006, 04:41 AM
I dont think Misa is a easy opponent :shrug:

faboozadoo15
Aug 24th, 2006, 04:44 AM
Dementieva, Davenport , Kuznetsova, Ivanovic, Jankovic, Venus, Vaidisova, all ranked behind her and curiously missing from her part of draw
you'd REALLY expect one of these girls to beat maria... in a major :haha:

jacobruiz
Aug 24th, 2006, 04:49 AM

I can hear it now - 5-2 head to head, just coming back from injury and 5-1 head to head, playing poorly lately, doesn't have a chance, no matchplay, etc., etc.

Dominic
Aug 24th, 2006, 04:52 AM
reading the title of the thread im wondering, what did she do exactly? maria's haters are ridiculous they're even dissing her about things she has nothing to do with. Soon i expect them to blame her for wars and poverty.

DutchieGirl
Aug 24th, 2006, 05:20 AM

:haha:

DutchieGirl
Aug 24th, 2006, 05:24 AM

:haha: Did you see her last 2 match results in singles? I hope Misa will play well, but I'm not thinking that she'll win. (I'm hopeful, but... :tape: ).

shad9480
Aug 24th, 2006, 05:41 PM
reading the title of the thread im wondering, what did she do exactly? maria's haters are ridiculous they're even dissing her about things she has nothing to do with. Soon i expect them to blame her for wars and poverty.

Right on!!! ;) :lol:

RAA
Aug 24th, 2006, 06:09 PM
oh please this is a ridiculous thread.

maria is one of the top 4 so her draw is going to be "easier" than for some of the other players.
and what you think she waved her magic wand and got the good seeding? no, she played her way through tough draws consistently to get where she is today.
also, she is consistently into the late rounds of tournaments so tough draw or not, she'll probably be to the semis at least of this tourney.

um
she's a good player.
i'm not saying she's god's gift to tennis, but she's clearly a top player who can be expected to do well at these tournaments.

ASP0315
Aug 24th, 2006, 07:18 PM

you'd REALLY expect one of these girls to beat maria... in a major :haha:

Kunetsova beat her in Wimbledon 2003. Venus Williams also beat her wimbledon 2005. She had some luck.(rain delay) against Davenport in Wimbledon.She derseved to win Wimbledon in 2004. Although, Davenport got her revenge by double bagelling her at Indian Wells. :lol: . Ivanovic, Vaidosova are also tough to beat.She may beat Jankovic or Dementieva, although it will be a tough matches against her. So there are very dangerous opponents. She escaped these dangerous opponents once again.

Not really. Misa is not in form. So does Na Li and Petrova. So Sharapova will definetely reach SF where she may lose to Mauresmo. :).

franny
Aug 24th, 2006, 07:30 PM

Dementieva? In a slam and against a well rested Sharapova? No.
Davenport? A double bagel, but it's a once in a lifetime thing. Sharapova has won the other four times. In a slam, mental fortitude goes a long way, and Sharapova has the edge. Plus Davenport is just coming back. She isn't any more match toughed than any other player.

Kuznetsova? Again, not in a slam. We saw what happened at Aus 05. Kuzzy played extremely well, but mental fortitude is not her strenght.

Ivanovic? Maria hits bigger, serves better, and moves faster. Not yet, not now.

Jankovic: Makes too many errors to offset Sharapova's big hitting.

Venus: She's played how many matches since Wimbledon? At least at Wimbledon 05 she played a full clay court schedule and Roland Garros. Plus she played her way into the semis. Had she faced Sharapova earlier on, as she would if she had to face Sharapova here, she'd lose.

Vaidisova: Again, not consistent enough to outhit Maria.

Maria isn't a pushover. SHe's a big hitter who decides her own destiny against many of these players. The point is, if she's playing well, she can hold her own against anyone, good draw or not.