PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay at US Open!

Pages : [1] 2 3

davenport124
Aug 23rd, 2006, 06:14 PM
Lindsay is the 10th seed at the US Open, and is in the bottom quarter of the draw. She will face Klara Zakopalova (Koukalova) in round 1. Also in her section is Patty Schnyder (7). This is a good section for Lindsay, but she is drawn with Justine Henin-Hardenne (2) in the QF.

Good luck Lindsay!

Kimmi
Aug 23rd, 2006, 06:16 PM
Apart from Justine, this draw is a total beezer! :bigclap:

Good Luck Lindsay!! :yeah:

dav abu
Aug 23rd, 2006, 06:23 PM
I agree Kimmie, apart from Christine I'm liking this draw very much! After the injury lay off though I'm going to be a bag of nerves before everymatch we can't take anything for granted!

MH0861
Aug 23rd, 2006, 06:33 PM
It's about as good as she could imagine, apart from drawing JHH in the QFs. Hopefully Henin's 4R curse continues, or Lindsay just brings it that day if the match occurs. No complaints here, though.

QUEENLINDSAY
Aug 23rd, 2006, 06:35 PM
If she beat Justine and get over that hump!!! She will dominate again, I can tell you.

shirley
Aug 23rd, 2006, 07:02 PM
Good Luck Lindsay! :D

GrandSlam05
Aug 23rd, 2006, 08:15 PM
What would be ideal is if she could play Justine in the NH final (and beat her) this would give her a ton of confidence going into the quarters.

Lindsayfan32
Aug 23rd, 2006, 09:06 PM
Thanks for posting its Lindsay's draw sounds great. Who on earth is Lindsay 1st round opponent never heard of her but that not a bad thing as I haven't heard of her she must be ranked pretty low. Christine in quaters well if she's still in the tournment by then let's hope she built on her form from New Haven and then some. But overall a darn good draw.

davenport124
Aug 23rd, 2006, 09:18 PM
Thanks for posting its Lindsay's draw sounds great. Who on earth is Lindsay 1st round opponent never heard of her but that not a bad thing as I haven't heard of her she must be ranked pretty low. Christine in quaters well if she's still in the tournment by then let's hope she built on her form from New Haven and then some. But overall a darn good draw.

Klara Koukalova married on June 6 and is now called Klara Zakopalova. I think she is in the top 100 still.

mike/topgun
Aug 23rd, 2006, 09:32 PM
Klara was beaten by Agnieszka Radwańska in Warsaw tierII i n str8 sets, just under an hour
there's nothing that scary to worry about from mises Zakopalova

hurricanejeanne
Aug 23rd, 2006, 09:48 PM
Kookie, is slumping HARDCORE since this spring. Trust me.

I agree with y'all it's fine and dandy until Christine in the QF. Meh, at least she should defend her quarterfinal from last year, and that's all I wanted after the shit she's gone thru this year.

:hopes Christine round of 16 curse continues for a third year running:

The Daviator
Aug 23rd, 2006, 10:31 PM
Terrific draw for Lindsay, Schnyder will be gone within the first two rounds :help: Obviosuly Justine is the big obstacle there, but we saw what Mary did last year, granted Justine wasn't her best, but it's a quick hard-court in the US, then again, so was IW '04 :tape:

I hope for the best :bounce:

GrandSlam05
Aug 23rd, 2006, 10:39 PM
Terrific draw for Lindsay, Schnyder will be gone within the first two rounds :help: Obviosuly Justine is the big obstacle there, but we saw what Mary did last year, granted Justine wasn't her best, but it's a quick hard-court in the US, then again, so was IW '04 :tape:

I hope for the best :bounce:
Yeah, but I think Justine was at her absolute peak at that point and had so much confidence winning 3 of the previous 4 majors. Justine has proven to be a little vulnerable this year. Besides the two Momo matches, she also blew that huge lead against Demented at IW.

Robbie.
Aug 24th, 2006, 12:34 AM
The first four rounds are simply perfect.

But I think she got the worst quarterfinal opponent of the top four.

MH0861
Aug 24th, 2006, 01:46 AM
The first four rounds are simply perfect.

But I think she got the worst quarterfinal opponent of the top four.

I think Sharapova would be crappy too, and we saw what happened with Dementieva last year. :help: Mauresmo would have been ideal, but such is life.

Veeko
Aug 24th, 2006, 03:58 AM
good luck,i am sure she could do well there

MH0861
Aug 27th, 2006, 12:10 AM
Lindsay is playing Monday. :(

hurricanejeanne
Aug 27th, 2006, 12:14 AM
Lindsay is playing Monday. :(

Oh that's fucking great, just posted an article that doesn't sound so optimistic about her chances.

There's no way she'll be able to play, no way. One day's worth of rest and playing third up is not enough time.

I think she'll miss her first US Open in her career. :sad:

mike/topgun
Aug 27th, 2006, 12:55 AM
What's wrong with the USTA?:tape:
Is it so darnm hard to schedule players who has just played in the final to the second day of 1r matches...
Well that's only 48 hours to rest the arm and recover enough to beat Zakopalova:scared:
Why they scheduled Lindsay to play right before Andre on AA Stadium?:eek:

hurricanejeanne
Aug 27th, 2006, 11:28 PM
Well, seeing as we're less then 24 hour out from Lindsay's opening match at the open this thread needs a bump.

Lindsay has never played Zakopalova (formally Koukalova).
Zakopalova has been slumping most of the season, her ranking has dropped about 30 places and she hasn't made it past a second round all season. In fact, she has never won a match in her five trips to the US Open.

Another interesting thing, the weather. There will be a pretty decent chance of rain both Monday and Tuesday in NY.
Hopefully Lindsay's shoulder is feeling tons better.

LethalLindsay
Aug 28th, 2006, 03:20 AM
I never thought I would see the day when I would pray for rain to wash out at least the entire first days play at a Grand Slam! LOL!

Elldee
Aug 28th, 2006, 10:49 AM
Hopefully Lindsay will realise that Koukalova [I really like that name so will continue to use it] will be very easy to beat and give it a shot.. she has a good draw up until Henin although obviously Scnyder won't be beaten unless Lindsay's around 80%>

santhuruu
Aug 28th, 2006, 11:25 AM
I hope Lindsay will be fine, but I've heard rumours that there will be probably little tennis in New York, since it is raining there.

BMP
Aug 28th, 2006, 12:01 PM
... I've heard rumours that there will be probably little tennis in New York, since it is raining there.

So maybe her match will be postponed and she'll get some extra time to rest?

LethalLindsay
Aug 28th, 2006, 04:58 PM
It is supposed to rain right through until Wednesday. Don't know if that would be a good thing or not as she may have to back up matches daily and would not have as much time to rest in between. Sort of a rock and a hard place scenario, isn't it?

mike/topgun
Aug 28th, 2006, 08:38 PM
she's gonna play in few minutes now;)
the shoulder is doing okay, surprisingly:woohoo:

!<blocparty>!
Aug 28th, 2006, 08:55 PM
Looking great in red.

tennisboi
Aug 28th, 2006, 09:11 PM
She took the 1st set 6-1:)

LDF
Aug 28th, 2006, 09:17 PM
13 winners to 4 unforced errors in the opening set. :)

mike/topgun
Aug 28th, 2006, 09:48 PM
Lindsay through, 6-1, 6-4 in 52 minutes:woohoo:
the shoulder seemed okay:yeah:
nice performance and some amazing stats:
9 aces
2 dfs
1st serve in: 64%
points won on 1st serve:80%
25 winners
12 unforced errors
:cool:
1 day off, and she should be ready for the second round :bounce:

BTW the red outfit was nice too ;)

A BIG RELIEF :p

Lindsayfan32
Aug 28th, 2006, 09:49 PM
Final score 6-1 6-4 Lindsay can someone who saw the match tell me how it went. As we're not getting the earlier rounds in Australia again. It seemed like it was easy in the first set and bit tougher in the second. Was there amything to Lindsay service speed at one stage dropping by 15kms too.

!<blocparty>!
Aug 28th, 2006, 09:51 PM
She moved like shit.

I'm glad her injury has suddenly gone. :)

BMP
Aug 28th, 2006, 09:51 PM
Hurrray!!! :woohoo: She didn't just play, she WON!!! So fast! I got only slightly worried when she got 4-3 down, but then everything went off just the way it had to :bigclap:

Lindsay's shoulder :inlove:

lindsayno1
Aug 28th, 2006, 09:57 PM
As i said in GM, she moved like a HGV lorry going up a hill...horrendous! I know she doesnt wanna waste energy in early rounds - but it was horrible!!

Awesome serving tho!

LindsayRulz
Aug 28th, 2006, 09:58 PM
Lindsay through, 6-1, 6-4 in 52 minutes:woohoo:
the shoulder seemed okay:yeah:
nice performance and some amazing stats:
9 aces
2 dfs
1st serve in: 64%
points won on 1st serve:80%
25 winners
12 unforced errors
:cool:
1 day off, and she should be ready for the second round :bounce:

BTW the red outfit was nice too ;)

A BIG RELIEF :p

Nice stats! :)

hurricanejeanne
Aug 28th, 2006, 09:59 PM
LOL, I see I'm not the only one declared in front of my tv: "Damn Lindsay, I thought it was your shoulder you hurt? Move your feet!"

Maybe she didn't think she had to move well against Klara?

Very solid stats, good serving the forehand was there today. Nice. :)

I also am I love with the red outfit. :hearts:

On to round two!!! :bounce:

Andrew..
Aug 28th, 2006, 10:07 PM
Klara played that all wrong. If she hit it anywhere near the lines, even if she did it softly, Lindsay was not going to move for it.

Still, good stats. Congrats. :)

lindsayno1
Aug 28th, 2006, 10:19 PM
klara just tried to match lindsays power and do no more. generally lindsay just had to wait for the error.

BMP
Aug 28th, 2006, 11:44 PM
Maybe she didn't think she had to move well against Klara?
:lol: I guess she will finally deign to start moving well only against top 10 players ;)

GrandSlam05
Aug 29th, 2006, 12:13 AM
Eville USA cut out at 2-1 in the second set to show the Igor match. Then they came back for the 3-all game which Klara held. Then they cut out AGAIN and came back when Linds was serving for the match.
I could see cutting to Igor's match if they thought Lindsay's 2nd set was gonna be another 6-1, but they should've went back as soon as it got competitive. I guess they wanted to show us in case Igor got knocked out in the 1r again. :lol:
Anyhow, it was a good match from Lindsay. I love the red outfit as well. What I like most about the match was when she got down 15-30 while serving for it. Then it was like, "Sorry. No. Bitch." and then ace, ace, ace.

GrandSlam05
Aug 29th, 2006, 12:16 AM
Klara played that all wrong. If she hit it anywhere near the lines, even if she did it softly, Lindsay was not going to move for it.

Still, good stats. Congrats. :)
I was thinking the same thing and then finally Tracy said something like, "You're not gonna get too much done hitting down the middle of the court against Davenport. She's pretty nifty there." :lol:

Lindsayfan32
Aug 29th, 2006, 12:24 AM
Just saw photos from the match on yahoo. There were heat patches on Lindsay right shoulder as expected and one on her left upper leg. I don't know if anyone else noticed it but it was there it might have had something to do with Lindsay's movement. The shoulder wasn't the only place Lindsay got hurt in New Haven by the looks of it.

hurricanejeanne
Aug 29th, 2006, 12:54 AM
Tracy Austin talked about the patch on Lindsay's inner thigh she said is was precautionary. Which isn't surprising because everyone knows that that is the area of her body that tends to get sore after she plays too much. I wouldn't worry until her whole leg is strapped up.
The patches on her shoulder were awfully small. I didn't notice them at first.

The site doesn't have any interviews up yet, but here is one quote I found:
From the usopen.org

Due to a shoulder injury she sustained in New Haven, 1998 US Open champ Davenport wasn't sure whether she would be able to even lay her first-round match against Klara Zakopalova, but she survived, 6-1, 6-4.

"It's my arm," Davenport said. "Like in fatigue, soreness. It just feels really heavy. I've actually never had an arm injury. I think I've had every other injury known to a tennis player but an arm injury. It's kind of the unknown dealing with it. It was playable today. Now that I have every other day off, I think I'll be able to kind of make it better as the tournament goes on. "

She won't be 100% during this tournament, but the luxury of having to play everyother day will help her. It still doesn't sound like a strain. But she will fight through it. :)

Andrew..
Aug 29th, 2006, 02:05 AM
Eville USA cut out at 2-1 in the second set to show the Igor match. Then they came back for the 3-all game which Klara held. Then they cut out AGAIN and came back when Linds was serving for the match.
I could see cutting to Igor's match if they thought Lindsay's 2nd set was gonna be another 6-1, but they should've went back as soon as it got competitive. I guess they wanted to show us in case Igor got knocked out in the 1r again. :lol:
Anyhow, it was a good match from Lindsay. I love the red outfit as well. What I like most about the match was when she got down 15-30 while serving for it. Then it was like, "Sorry. No. Bitch." and then ace, ace, ace.
USA provides us with the best tennis coverage we get all year. There was no reason to stay with Lindsay destroying some scrub while the champion of two years ago was deep into a third set.

Andrew..
Aug 29th, 2006, 02:07 AM
Tracy Austin talked about the patch on Lindsay's inner thigh she said is was precautionary. Which isn't surprising because everyone knows that that is the area of her body that tends to get sore after she plays too much. I wouldn't worry until her whole leg is strapped up.
The patches on her shoulder were awfully small. I didn't notice them at first.

The site doesn't have any interviews up yet, but here is one quote I found:
From the usopen.org

Due to a shoulder injury she sustained in New Haven, 1998 US Open champ Davenport wasn't sure whether she would be able to even lay her first-round match against Klara Zakopalova, but she survived, 6-1, 6-4.

"It's my arm," Davenport said. "Like in fatigue, soreness. It just feels really heavy. I've actually never had an arm injury. I think I've had every other injury known to a tennis player but an arm injury. It's kind of the unknown dealing with it. It was playable today. Now that I have every other day off, I think I'll be able to kind of make it better as the tournament goes on. "

She won't be 100% during this tournament, but the luxury of having to play everyother day will help her. It still doesn't sound like a strain. But she will fight through it. :)
It's muscle fatigue, and every other day off should help alot.

Andrew..
Aug 29th, 2006, 02:08 AM
An interview with: LINDSAY DAVENPORT
THE MODERATOR: Questions for Lindsay, please.

Q. How important was it to get out there and try to keep work to the minimum?
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Well, I tried. First I was thinking the most important thing was get off to a good start and try and make it as concise as possible. You know, with one break, one small lapse in the second, I was able to do that. And kept, you know, the match under an hour, and hopefully, uhm, no damage done (smiling).

Q. Did you feel any?
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: You know, it's my arm. It's not necessarily obviously, it was focused on the shoulder. But it's pretty much just my arm. Like in fatigueness, soreness. It just feels really heavy. I've actually never had an arm injury. I think I've had every other injury known to a tennis player, but an arm injury. It's kind of the unknown dealing with it.
You know, it was playable today. Now that I have every other day off, I think I'll be able to kind of make it better as the tournament goes on.

Q. What had to happen between Saturday and Sunday for you to be able to play?
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Nothing happened. I didn't do one thing (smiling). I just, you know, rested literally.

Q. Is this rest issue maybe the most important issue in this whole health thing that's going on here?
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Well, I mean, each player's different. I mean, for me, I really didn't expect what happened for me last weekend. While it was great winning all those matches, doing so well, you know, I had four matches, four days in a row, going into a fifth day, and that was too much. That was, you know, unlucky with scheduling and unlucky with just how it went.
But the good thing was that I won and was able to get through them. You never know how weeks are going to turn out. When you obviously do your schedule, you have to do it so early. You try and build those weeks in. But with the kind of year I've had, I wasn't expecting to have as much success as I did last week.
It was important for me to go to New Haven and get some confidence and win some matches. I accomplished all of that. At the same time I just wore my body down a little bit.

Q. So many women are hurting this year. Champion can't come back and defend. Again, is this a question of the schedule is too long? Too demanding? So much hardcore tennis? What do you think?
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: I think all of that is, for sure, true. We're expected to play a large amount of tournaments. We're expected to enter them months and months ahead of time. Unfortunately, tournaments are let down because, you know, six months ahead of time we're forced to enter these tournaments.
I think girls are playing a lot. It's a tough sport. We've had this problem now five or seven years where a lot of the top players are always injured. You know, we've asked for changes. We just keep asking. Hopefully one day someone who heed our request.

Q. Do you think it's also a question that the women's game is so highly competitive that the training regimen is much more strenuous?
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: I know it is for me than it was in the early '90s. I think that players are very eager to always work out and not really take that many days off. You're always trying to stay on top. You know, I think that's because the girls want to do well. They've just pushed themselves very hard.

Q. Did you start to feel the problem in the semifinals or before that, the problem with the shoulder?
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Well, mostly the semis. I mean, obviously your arm gets a little sore when you go from serving like five to seven minutes in practice to playing like all these matches. It was really in the semis at the end of the first set.
You know, looking back, I mean, I probably should have stopped then. You know, you don't really know what's happening while you're playing. And I've never really had an arm injury, so I kept kind of playing with it. We had a really long set.
I started to, you know, change some things so it wouldn't hurt. Next thing you know, like my elbow is hurting, my forearm's hurting. You know, that's kind of what you never want to do.
I didn't really recognize it while it was happening in the second set. Ended up winning that. I knew if I lost the second set against Stosur I was going to retire. I kept thinking in the tiebreak, I just have two more minutes of this, whatever. You know, the next day couldn't move my arm. It was kind of unfair and unfortunate for everybody.

Q. How scary was it, waking up and feeling that way?
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: You know, like I said, especially when you're not used it. It's like, Okay, I can make up wake up a stiff back like every day. You kind of figure out what you need to do to get it better. But it's something unknown. I was going like this (moving her arm with the other arm.) Didn't feel lively at all.
It wasn't good. I felt horrible from the time I woke up because I knew it was going to be an ugly day for everybody.

Q. Aside from rest, what else have you done treatment wise? Did you take a cortisone shot?
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: No, because it's kind of throughout the arm. Cortisone is good if it's like really locally if it's just in one particular place. When it's kind of like throughout, you can't do too much. Just really some soft tissue. I tried to ice my whole arm yesterday, and that was kind of an adventure. Really, it's just rest. I mean, it's not a lot I can do.

Q. Do you lose strength, or is it just mostly a matter of pain management?
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: I think it's just pain management, and I think it will get better. Like I don't think I did anything worse to it today. I've got tomorrow off. I think it's supposed to rain anyways. We'll see when I'm able to take the court again.

Q. What was your reaction when you saw that you had pulled the first day of this tournament versus getting one extra day?
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Yeah, I mean, I knew when I came off the court there was a message from my agent that wasn't good (smiling). But, you know, I think when you play a Grand Slam it's up to the players to be ready to go on day one. There's so many other factors than one player's injury that should change.
I mean, I was fine with it. I don't believe that a whole tournament should be the schedule should be changed because of one player or two players or whatever it is.

Q. Did you request a later start?
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: I asked Mr. Curley. He explained to me why. I totally understood and respected why that was.

Q. What was his explanation?
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Well, you ask him (smiling).

Q. How close were you to pulling out of this thing?
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Not close at all.

Q. I'm doing a story on Lisa Raymond. Can you talk about what makes her so good, especially as a doubles player?
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Yeah, I think a lot with Lisa is instinct. We started playing together in '93. I think we maybe played our first tournament. I think that she's incredibly talented. She's got unbelievable hands. Knows how to play doubles. A lot of girls play singles on a doubles court, me being one of them. She was a great partner for me because she actually plays real doubles. She volleys so well.

Q. As a woman pro, can you comment on the meaning of naming the Billie Jean King National Tennis Center? Has she been any kind of inspiration for you?
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Yeah, I was really excited for her. I knew that for years we've always kind of, you know, not joked with her because it's not really a joking matter but, you know, when are they going to do something for you? I've always believed that she has deserved something, especially at the US Open, more than any other female player that has ever come about.
I think for not only female tennis players, but for female athletes and just women's rights, she's meant more to us than probably many almost anybody else.
I was really happy for her. When I first heard, I sent her an email. All I said was, It's about time. I think she deserves it. I think the USTA's done a great thing. It should be really an unbelievable night with that ceremony and obviously Andre.

Q. Will you be on site tonight for it?
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: I don't know. I don't know what time it is.

Q. 7:00.
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Maybe. I don't have any nice clothes, so I'll be watching wherever it is. I'm really happy. It means a lot to her. I know she's really touched by it.

Q. Have your expectations changed of what you can do here because of this new injury?
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: I don't think so. I mean, for me it's still like, you know, one or two days I'm looking at. I'm not looking at the big picture of the whole New York experience yet. You know, today was the first day I came here. It's like you have to play. So I haven't really had time to really digest exactly what's going to happen in the ensuing days or weeks.
You know, just trying to get it better and keep going.

Q. Do you think the arm has any relation to the fall you took in June with the elbow?
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: I hope not. I think you know, I still have some lingering problems with my neck. It certainly, you know, probably started there. I do think that it was just playing more tennis, like I said, in a week than I had in four months. I'm kind of sticking with that. Hopefully that's the case (smiling).

Q. I'm not sure if you'll be affected by this or not, but what is your reaction to San Diego losing the tournament?
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Yeah, I mean, it's terrible, for someone from Southern Cal. They obviously did a wonderful job with that tournament. It was one of my favorite to play. All the players loved it. It's unfortunate.

Q. Do you have a mindset about what's in store beyond this, a game plan? There's always speculation when it comes to you.
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Yeah, always (smiling).
You know, I have my game. After here I'm playing two tournaments in Asia. I have no plans for the rest of the year. I haven't really looked past my tournament in Beijing in three or four weeks. I don't foresee myself going to Europe. I don't think that that would be in the cards. I don't know.

Q. You intend to play beyond this season?
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: I intend to go to Asia, and then I'll probably reevaluate again as the weeks go on.

Q. Andre will be playing in his 21st and last US Open. You yourself have played in 15, 16.
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: That's what he said when I was warming up (smiling).

Q. Can you talk about the consistency, his accomplishment, your accomplishment?
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Well, I mean, first of all, Andre, there's nobody that will ever live up to all that he's created for himself and all that he's done in the whole tennis world. You know, I think he'll be the player that is going to be missed the most. That's ever kind of come through here. I think around the world. I don't even think in the United States. He's just touched so many people's lives.
I think it's so great how he's given the fans here an opportunity to pay their respects. You know that the fans are just going nuts to show him how much they love him the next two weeks. He deserves that more than anything.
For me, I've never really thought about it. It's crazy. When he said it was my 16th US Open, I was trying to count the years in my head. I was like, That's pretty wild. I'm really proud of the fact that I've come here so many years in a row at such a high level. I mean, that's hard to do. I'm proud that I've always been able to make it here. That's not always the case with the other Grand Slams. For whatever reason, I've never missed a US Open.

Q. So is the best way to describe 2007 that you're undecided?
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Yeah, I think that's probably good. It's true.

Q. It's not a guarantee? The Australian is not a guarantee?
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Nothing's a guarantee and nothing's ruled out. I mean, I haven't really I mean, it seems so far away in my mind to say I'll be in Australia in January. I couldn't say and swear on my life that I would be there.
You know, I think it will probably come down to in November if I'm feeling good and if I'm out practicing or not. I'll definitely know by the beginning of December what the plans are.

Q. If you have a chance to qualify for the year end championships, would you play in Europe?
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Well, I don't think I'll have a chance. I mean, I don't I don't know exactly what the standings are. I think I'm probably good after Beijing for the year. You know, last year I really tried hard to finish the year 1. I was going back and forth between Europe. I think those days are probably gone.

Q. Do you think the decision is going to primarily be based on your health? How much is it your motivation, your desire?
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Probably just yeah, it just does not sound appealing to me at all, in the least, to go and play in late October, early November.

Q. Just the larger decision, though.
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Oh, yeah, I think it will be based on my desire.

Q. How much did your play today put your mind at ease for the rest of the tournament?
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Hopefully good. I mean, you know, I only felt it on a few shots. I thought I handled everything really well, considering, you know, kind of a crazy quick warm up, no playing yesterday, walked in today, had to go play. You know, played well. Happy to be through.

Q. You signed up for Australia, right, but you're not sure?
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Yeah, I mean, everything in my mind is going forward. Like, you know, all the logistics, trying to plan there. I think I'm trying to play they're signing me up for some things beforehand. I just couldn't tell you right now that I'm playing the whole year of '07. Kind of look at my schedule two months in advance and try and make the plans from there.

Q. A little bad luck with your arm. You say you always play well here. Do you have any prematch rituals, superstitions or anything?
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: No. I kind of threw those out the window 10 years ago (smiling).

GrandSlam05
Aug 29th, 2006, 02:13 AM
USA provides us with the best tennis coverage we get all year. There was no reason to stay with Lindsay destroying some scrub while the champion of two years ago was deep into a third set.
Did you even read my post? I said it was fine to switch matches when Lindsay got the early break, but they should've switched back when it was leveled to 3-all and stayed there IMO.
And it's not like the Kuznetsova match was of extreme highly quality or anything. :rolleyes: And I don't care if she was champion two years ago, she's been really streaky since and I doubt most viewers give a crap about her.

Andrew..
Aug 29th, 2006, 02:33 AM
Did you even read my post? I said it was fine to switch matches when Lindsay got the early break, but they should've switched back when it was leveled to 3-all and stayed there IMO.
And it's not like the Kuznetsova match was of extreme highly quality or anything. :rolleyes: And I don't care if she was champion two years ago, she's been really streaky since and I doubt most viewers give a crap about her.
Yes, I read your post. It screamed quality, as usual. It was clear from the beginning that Lindsay wasn't losing that match. It was boring and uneventful. They stuck with the Kuznetsova match, just like they should have. Something ESPN probably wouldn't have done.

And this streaky, crappy player is ranked ahead of Lindsay. And will probably advance further in the tournament.

LindsayRulz
Aug 29th, 2006, 02:34 AM
EDIT

oups I thought nobody had posted the interview :S

hurricanejeanne
Aug 29th, 2006, 02:51 AM
Thanks for posting the interview Andrew.
I guess that explains the whole "fall schedule" crap I was asking about.

"I don't forsee myself going to Europe. I don't think that would be in the cards. I don't know."

"Nothings a guarantee and nothing is ruled out."

She really hates Europe doesn't she. I would really be surprised if she entered anything across the pond, like she said, she's not interested in that. The only thing I can see her saying is if she catches fire and decides to play one tournament there, but I doubt it. Meh.

"I just couldn't tell you right now if I'm playing the whole year of 07."

She really doesn't know what she's going to do, she doesn't know if she'll play Europe and all of next season. Sigh. I don't know which is worse not knowing her plans or her making plans only to break them?

Always contained drama with Lindsay.

GrandSlam05
Aug 29th, 2006, 03:43 AM
Yes, I read your post. It screamed quality, as usual. It was clear from the beginning that Lindsay wasn't losing that match. It was boring and uneventful. They stuck with the Kuznetsova match, just like they should have. Something ESPN probably wouldn't have done.

And this streaky, crappy player is ranked ahead of Lindsay. And will probably advance further in the tournament.
Get over yourself. Your predictions are usually wrong BTW. And no, it was clear in the first set but not when they flashed the score to 3-all and then Klara held to 4-3. It's not as if Lindsay can never go thru a bad patch. I've only been watching Lindsay for two years and I can think of several instances where I thought it was "clear" she was going to win the match, and then didn't.
And if you're so confident about Igor's chances, then why did she get taken to a 3rd set in the 1st rd? :lol:
Bottom line is that USA network is an American network, and Lindsay is an American star, Kuznetsova is not. She's not even a star, period. And it wasn't a high quality match.

GrandSlam05
Aug 29th, 2006, 03:44 AM
LOL you think so? I've always felt compared to the other women (Vee, Ree, Maria) that she was pretty much devoid of drama and that's what I like about her.

Ty-Ty
Aug 29th, 2006, 03:49 AM
Lindsay's such a liar. :p She kept ranting and raving about how the number one ranking didn't matter to her and now she says she worked her ass off for it.

Just play forever Lindsay. :banana:

Andrew..
Aug 29th, 2006, 04:09 AM
Thanks for posting the interview Andrew.
I guess that explains the whole "fall schedule" crap I was asking about.

"I don't forsee myself going to Europe. I don't think that would be in the cards. I don't know."

"Nothings a guarantee and nothing is ruled out."

She really hates Europe doesn't she. I would really be surprised if she entered anything across the pond, like she said, she's not interested in that. The only thing I can see her saying is if she catches fire and decides to play one tournament there, but I doubt it. Meh.

"I just couldn't tell you right now if I'm playing the whole year of 07."

She really doesn't know what she's going to do, she doesn't know if she'll play Europe and all of next season. Sigh. I don't know which is worse not knowing her plans or her making plans only to break them?

She says the same crap every year. I've learned to disregard certain parts of her interviews, because they just don't make sense.

Andrew..
Aug 29th, 2006, 04:11 AM
Get over yourself. Your predictions are usually wrong BTW. And no, it was clear in the first set but not when they flashed the score to 3-all and then Klara held to 4-3. It's not as if Lindsay can never go thru a bad patch. I've only been watching Lindsay for two years and I can think of several instances where I thought it was "clear" she was going to win the match, and then didn't.
And if you're so confident about Igor's chances, then why did she get taken to a 3rd set in the 1st rd? :lol:
Bottom line is that USA network is an American network, and Lindsay is an American star, Kuznetsova is not. She's not even a star, period. And it wasn't a high quality match.
Kuznetsova has an easy draw to the semis, and as you said yourself, she's a streaky player. Her early rounds could mean nothing, or they could mean something. But her chances of making the SF here are far greater than Lindsay's, IMO.

That's what makes USA so good. They don't just focus on the boring matches of the top American players. Lindsay was never in trouble in this match, and they knew that.

Andrew..
Aug 29th, 2006, 04:14 AM
Lindsay's such a liar. :p She kept ranting and raving about how the number one ranking didn't matter to her and now she says she worked her ass off for it.

Just play forever Lindsay. :banana:
It's clear she played for the number one ranking. It was clear in 2001, and it was even more clear last year.

Seriously, who the hell knows with her. Her interviews really mean nothing. Last year's USO after the QF loss: "Oh. I hate playing in the Fall. I don't know what I'll do. I'm not ever motivated. I don't know if I'll be back." After Bali, "Vacations are fun! I'll fake an injury to get another week here!" After Filderstadt, "I'm so happy I came! I love it here! Cars!" After Zurich, "Oh! I #1! I love wins! I play forever!"

I think she's retired and unretired like 14 times so far in interviews.

hurricanejeanne
Aug 29th, 2006, 04:16 AM
LOL you think so? I've always felt compared to the other women (Vee, Ree, Maria) that she was pretty much devoid of drama and that's what I like about her.

That's why I said contained.
It's not hype related drama, it's the whole is she retiring now or later crap. She's never cut and dry, which while I'd rather her play it by ear, but I hate hearing "oh I hate Europe" and then play 3 tournaments in the fall. Like the number one thing from last year, and what she said after Wimbledon in 2004. I'd rather her just say, "I don't know or I will schedule thru such and such and see from there." And not say "I don't want to play there or there."
She isn't consistant with her statements vs. her actions. That creates drama. Not front page drama, but enough. I hope that made some kind of sense. I don't know.

GrandSlam05
Aug 29th, 2006, 06:09 AM
Kuznetsova has an easy draw to the semis, and as you said yourself, she's a streaky player. Her early rounds could mean nothing, or they could mean something. But her chances of making the SF here are far greater than Lindsay's, IMO.

That's what makes USA so good. They don't just focus on the boring matches of the top American players. Lindsay was never in trouble in this match, and they knew that.
ITA that USA is the best coverage, by far. It's just I'm kinda partial to Lindsay. :p They can cut Queen Vee and all the other American's 1r matches all they want as far as I'm concerned. We better enjoy while we can though, in a couple years there might be no top Americans to watch. :help:
And I didn't mean to be too harsh on Svetlana. I liked her at one point in time, but she's so inconsistent and makes some of the dumbest shot selections I've ever seen. And her mental issues against Justine are even worse than Lindsay's (if that's even possible).

GrandSlam05
Aug 29th, 2006, 06:11 AM
That's why I said contained.
It's not hype related drama, it's the whole is she retiring now or later crap. She's never cut and dry, which while I'd rather her play it by ear, but I hate hearing "oh I hate Europe" and then play 3 tournaments in the fall. Like the number one thing from last year, and what she said after Wimbledon in 2004. I'd rather her just say, "I don't know or I will schedule thru such and such and see from there." And not say "I don't want to play there or there."
She isn't consistant with her statements vs. her actions. That creates drama. Not front page drama, but enough. I hope that made some kind of sense. I don't know.
Ok, now I get ya. I swear Lindsay just enjoys playing mind games and toying with the media. :lol:

mike/topgun
Aug 29th, 2006, 10:41 AM
Well, on eurosport they showed only the very last game, actually those 3 aces:lol:
I hope you'd feel better now.

I must admit that that Igor's match was really boring, full of errors, low quality all the way, and Sveta (who always has issues with getting through the first couple of rounds...)well it wasn't even a competitive match despite the scoreline. BUT probably it was a BIT more exciting than Lindsay's match:rolls:

Don't believe in what Lindsay says in her interviews.
I remember that after she won a semifinal in Filderstadt 2001 vs Martina(who retired injured in 6th game) she said that, basically, she couldn't magine herself playing through 2002, maybe 2003. She was almost sure she would have been retired before 2004, well Lindsay was sure she'd have a baby and a family by then. She overcame many serious injuries, played great in 2004 and 2005, was almost as healthy as she could imagine.
Now, she's playing in 2006, and possibly in 2007. What do you want more?:shrug:
Don't be surprised that Lindsay herself doesn't know what's coming up in the next few months. Life is full of surprises:angel:

lindsayno1
Aug 29th, 2006, 11:12 AM
lol Lindsay always talks crap - detailed crap! She will play Filderstadt...or wherever it is its moved to... and i wudnt be surprised if she plays Zurich again. She will get bored at home.

hurricanejeanne
Aug 29th, 2006, 11:27 AM
Ok, now I get ya. I swear Lindsay just enjoys playing mind games and toying with the media. :lol:

Okay, good.
Yeah, she's smarter than some people give her credit for. Sometime I think it's just me she's toying with, because she's good at it, and I am so guiliable to fall for it every single time.

Nikki
Aug 29th, 2006, 11:32 AM
Going back to the match, Lindsay's movement wasn't great but this is to be expected with a bulging disc injury, it restricts your movement laterally. However I do believe that Lindsay was trying to play it safe without putting extra strain on the back this early in the tournament. She was pretty much comfortable througout the match therefore she did not have to take any risks. In regards to her leg strapping she seems to have that most of the time she plays it probably is a precauton or it could be psycological in that some athletes think the taping and strapping will protect the area even if it is not injured. Resting will certainly help her arm/shoulder.

In regards to the rest of the year I do believe that Lindsay is taking it one tournament at a time, yes she may play in Europe but there is a chance that she won't. I think that is she is close to qualifying for the End of Year championship, she will play in Europe, if she isn't I personally doubt she will. Although I would love to see her play more in Europe.

hurricanejeanne
Aug 29th, 2006, 11:38 AM
Going back to the match, Lindsay's movement wasn't great but this is to be expected with a bulging disc injury, it restricts your movement laterally. However I do believe that Lindsay was trying to play it safe without putting extra strain on the back this early in the tournament. She was pretty much comfortable througout the match therefore she did not have to take any risks. In regards to her leg strapping she seems to have that most of the time she plays it probably is a precauton or it could be psycological in that some athletes think the taping and strapping will protect the area even if it is not injured. Resting will certainly help her arm/shoulder.

In regards to the rest of the year I do believe that Lindsay is taking it one tournament at a time, yes she may play in Europe but there is a chance that she won't. I think that is she is close to qualifying for the End of Year championship, she will play in Europe, if she isn't I personally doubt she will. Although I would love to see her play more in Europe.

I don't think her back had much to do with her movement, she just didn't want to move. She moved better in New Haven last week than she did in round one. She moved better before she disappeared with the injury back in March. She didn't feel pressured into moving well in this round. Of course, that will change as the rounds get deeper. Also, she could be still a touch rusty.

lindsayno1
Aug 29th, 2006, 11:50 AM
Okay, good.
Sometime I think it's just me she's toying with, because she's good at it, and I am so guiliable to fall for it every single time.

You scare me!

tennisboi
Aug 29th, 2006, 12:52 PM
Yeah Lindsay won:worship:She's serving so well but her movement questionable

GrandSlam05
Aug 29th, 2006, 01:38 PM
Mike, I can't believe Lindsay was talking retirement as early as 2001 Filderstadt. She must've thought Vee/Ree would dominate the game for years to come. And I must admit, I saw some of the 2002 USO and I thought they would be dominant for quite a while also. Then injuries and apathy came along. :lol:

mike/topgun
Aug 29th, 2006, 03:28 PM
IMO it all depends on how well Lindsay does in NY and most of all on how her body holds up.
Yeah, shes been talking about the retirement/family/baby stuff for almost 5 years now:lol:

I really don't believe when she answers those stupid self repeating questions.
I think she's confused after New Haven, after beating Mauresmo and playing really well. Certainly, Lindsay played better last week than at the begining of the year.
She doesn't know what to expect from herself, her own body and her game. It is a mystery, and even though I'm far from taking her statements seriously, she's probably not going to play in Europe if there isn't a significant chance for participation in YEC...wait it's in Madrid, so probably she won't even bother :devil:

shirley
Aug 29th, 2006, 07:43 PM
All the best in New York Lindsay!

hurricanejeanne
Aug 29th, 2006, 08:29 PM
You scare me!

Why? :confused:
I admit I tend to believe what Lindsay says. I should be allowed to believe her, even if she doubles back on it and changes her mind later. Lindsay is very articulate. I said/meant sometimes I don't know what to believe, I am well aware that she can change her mind at any given time, but until she does so I believe what she says.

I am sorry if my tendency to believe her word scares you. Apparently no one else tends to believe her.

Frederic
Aug 29th, 2006, 08:48 PM
I think that the surface is much more quicker than last year... Can it help Lindsay?

Andrew..
Aug 29th, 2006, 09:02 PM
lol Lindsay always talks crap - detailed crap! She will play Filderstadt...or wherever it is its moved to... and i wudnt be surprised if she plays Zurich again. She will get bored at home.
She's not on the Stuttgart entry list. If she's not playing that, she's not playing Zurich.

lindsayno1
Aug 29th, 2006, 09:31 PM
Why? :confused:
I admit I tend to believe what Lindsay says. I should be allowed to believe her, even if she doubles back on it and changes her mind later. Lindsay is very articulate. I said/meant sometimes I don't know what to believe, I am well aware that she can change her mind at any given time, but until she does so I believe what she says.

I am sorry if my tendency to believe her word scares you. Apparently no one else tends to believe her.

i didnt mean that. nevermind

Andrew I didnt know what she was sheduled to play other than beijing and bali if any, so yeah that makes sense what u said

hurricanejeanne
Aug 29th, 2006, 09:45 PM
i didnt mean that. nevermind

Andrew I didnt know what she was sheduled to play other than beijing and bali if any, so yeah that makes sense what u said

Okay, no problem... no harm done. ;)

Yeah, she's only scheduled those Asian tournaments, at this point I hope she can play them, and do well. If she decides to play the indoors in a couple of weeks, I hope she's allowed to play the indoors.

Tomorrow's schedule is going to be very interesting. The forecast for today isn't good, so they'll have to reschedule a lot of matches for tomorrow. And there is still chances of rain during the day tomorrow. I hope Lindsay's match can get in tomorrow, I don't want her to have to play two day in a row with a sore shoulder.

MH0861
Aug 29th, 2006, 09:53 PM
Okay, no problem... no harm done. ;)

Yeah, she's only scheduled those Asian tournaments, at this point I hope she can play them, and do well. If she decides to play the indoors in a couple of weeks, I hope she's allowed to play the indoors.

Tomorrow's schedule is going to be very interesting. The forecast for today isn't good, so they'll have to reschedule a lot of matches for tomorrow. And there is still chances of rain during the day tomorrow. I hope Lindsay's match can get in tomorrow, I don't want her to have to play two day in a row with a sore shoulder.

Kostanic has been crap lately, it should be another quick win for her.

lindsayno1
Aug 29th, 2006, 09:58 PM
i expect a bagel against Kostanic...shes horrendous at the mo!

Lindsayfan32
Aug 29th, 2006, 10:11 PM

Nikki I agree with all of your post expect one thing. The taping on Lindsay left leg is there for a good reason she just doesn't put tape for the psycological reasons. But I hope I am wrong as Lindsay doesn't need another body part breaking down on her at the wrong time.

hurricanejeanne
Aug 29th, 2006, 10:16 PM
Lindsay has never played Kostanic.
Kostanic, has won one match since July, first round qualies in New Haven last week. She is ranked 71, her career high is 32 (in 2004). She's a lefty. She played well in the smaller Asian outdoor events this February. But is slumping hard core.
Lindsay should win easily, especially if her shoulder is improving.

hurricanejeanne
Aug 30th, 2006, 01:44 AM
Wednesday OOP is out.
Because of the Tuesday rain delay, Lindsay is NOT on the Wednesday OOP.
She will have to play back to back matches on Thursday and Friday, it seems.

More time for her shoulder to heal. But I hope she can handle back to back matches though.

I hate rain...

GrandSlam05
Aug 30th, 2006, 02:20 AM
I think she'll be fine. ;)
:topic: This has nothing to do with the USO, but I was just wondering Lindsay's head to head with Jen so I looked it up and I was wondering how in the hell did Lindsay lose 3 and 4 to Capriati at the '01 Australian?!? Did she tank or was Capriati just too good? I mean I like Jen and all, but IMO she doesn't have the game to beat Lindsay like that.

mike/topgun
Aug 30th, 2006, 10:52 AM
how in the hell did Lindsay lose 3 and 4 to Capriati at the '01 Australian?!? Did she tank or was Capriati just too good? I mean I like Jen and all, but IMO she doesn't have the game to beat Lindsay like that.
Well, it was 5 years ago, but I remember that Lindsay made over 40 unforced errors in the match which lasted just over an hour:tape:
She held the iniciative, but made so many tiny tiny errors that Jen, who is a great defensor, easily beat her.
Oh, and the serve wasn't there that day too.
Lindsay was very very frustrated after tha match - she said something like: "I can't remember a match where I made so many errors":tape: It wasn't fun to watch, and it looked bizzare, cos those errors where like so small. She certainly had her off day that Thursday, over 5 years ago.:help:
You might think that Lindsay was in great form at the begining of 2001 - well, she was not, but Jen was in the best form of her life - physically and gamewise. Back then she was playing the best tennis I've ever seen her play. :cool:

Ingokoer
Aug 30th, 2006, 11:29 AM
QUOTE:

"Wednesday OOP is out.
She will have to play back to back matches on Thursday and Friday, it seems"

Are you sure? How should that work with the time? Nearly a full day is lost with yesterdays rain, so I guess, everyting is moving, wednesday matches to thursday, thursday matches to friday, the friday matches to saturday etc.

hurricanejeanne
Aug 30th, 2006, 11:37 AM
QUOTE:

"Wednesday OOP is out.
She will have to play back to back matches on Thursday and Friday, it seems"

Are you sure? How should that work with the time? Nearly a full day is lost with yesterdays rain, so I guess, everyting is moving, wednesday matches to thursday, thursday matches to friday, the friday matches to saturday etc.

No match from yesturday was completed.
The only second round match being played today is Roddicks.
The entire bottom half of the women's draw is to be scheduled for Thursday. If the schedule holds, Lindsay should play her second round Thursday and her third round Friday(which is her normal schedule). If you push all the matches back by a day, the women's final will end up being played on Sunday. If there is more ran, then it get even more confusing. This is just my guess, as it makes sense to me. Maybe someone else can confirm. All I know is Lindsay isn't playing today, she'll play tomorrow.

Lindsayfan32
Aug 30th, 2006, 09:33 PM
I think she'll be fine. ;)
:topic: This has nothing to do with the USO, but I was just wondering Lindsay's head to head with Jen so I looked it up and I was wondering how in the hell did Lindsay lose 3 and 4 to Capriati at the '01 Australian?!? Did she tank or was Capriati just too good? I mean I like Jen and all, but IMO she doesn't have the game to beat Lindsay like that.

Grandslam you say Jennifer doesn't have the game to beat Lindsay 3 and 4 yes she does on her day. The way Jennifer played in that semi final 01 she could've beaten Steffi if she had too. It was a combination of Jennifer playing really well and Lindsay being a bit down but the way Jen played no one would have beaten her. I have followed both Jennifer and Lindsay and watched their matches against each other when I can it was the best she has ever played against Lindsay.

GrandSlam05
Aug 30th, 2006, 09:43 PM
LF32, when I made the comment about Jen not having the game to beat Lindsay, that was based on their 2004 form (as that's when I started watching them).

hurricanejeanne
Aug 30th, 2006, 09:49 PM
LF32, when I made the comment about Jen not having the game to beat Lindsay, that was based on their 2004 form (as that's when I started watching them).

Yeah, I think if they had played in 2004, Lindsay would have won (unless it was on red clay :tape: ). That was my dream US Open final that year... :sad:

I love Jen too, but Lindsay, in general is a much better player. The overall head to head proves it.

Andrew..
Aug 30th, 2006, 10:06 PM
Jen was playing out of her mind in the later rounds of that tournament. It would have been a tough match no matter what, but Lindsay played a really, really nasty match.

GrandSlam05
Aug 30th, 2006, 10:34 PM
Well, thanks for the resposes guys. ;)
BTW Andrew did you notice USA did the opposite today? They stuck with the 1st set of the Ree-match instead of showing Martina's 3rd set. But I guess that's because the WS draw higher ratings than Lindsay or Martina, no matter how badly they beat the Dominguez-Lino's of the world. :lol:
I was kind of worried for Martina. I was thinking maybe Peng was displaying some of the form that she beat Kim with last year. Well, whatever, Martina's thru.

Andrew..
Aug 30th, 2006, 10:45 PM
Well, thanks for the resposes guys. ;)
BTW Andrew did you notice USA did the opposite today? They stuck with the 1st set of the Ree-match instead of showing Martina's 3rd set. But I guess that's because the WS draw higher ratings than Lindsay or Martina, no matter how badly they beat the Dominguez-Lino's of the world. :lol:
I was kind of worried for Martina. I was thinking maybe Peng was displaying some of the form that she beat Kim with last year. Well, whatever, Martina's thru.
They really fucked up their coverage this afternoon. At one point Silliams, Hingis and Pierce were all playing at the same time, and they had Al the Perv carrying out a useless conversation with Jon Wertheim. Not smart.

Peng wasn't missing much in the first set. Martina handled the situation well.

lindsayno1
Aug 30th, 2006, 11:36 PM
I didnt see Martina play as we went out for dinner, heard about martina dropping her racquet in disgust when peng asked for the trainer tho...?!

hurricanejeanne
Aug 31st, 2006, 01:06 AM
The Thursday OOP is out.
Lindsay vs. Kostanic is first up on AA at 11 am.

Good luck Lindsay.
Hopefully your shoulder is tons better as you have had an extra day off and all. Win.

GrandSlam05
Aug 31st, 2006, 01:59 AM
I'm glad Maria isn't in our half. She looked scary good tonight. :unsure: Oh, that's right, I forgot. Juju is in our half and she's even scarier. :help:

hurricanejeanne
Aug 31st, 2006, 02:10 AM
I'm glad Maria isn't in our half. She looked scary good tonight. :unsure: Oh, that's right, I forgot. Juju is in our half and she's even scarier. :help:

True and true.
But Michaella couldn't really do much anyways, she's got a nice serve but... :unsure: .
What was even scarier was what Sharashrieker was wearing. :tape:
Maria Sharapova is the 2006 Prom Queen of the Starship Enterprise.

GrandSlam05
Aug 31st, 2006, 03:06 AM
True and true.
But Michaella couldn't really do much anyways, she's got a nice serve but... :unsure: .
What was even scarier was what Sharashrieker was wearing. :tape:
Maria Sharapova is the 2006 Prom Queen of the Starship Enterprise.
I agree. That cow neck (or whatever you call it) did look sorta prom-ish.
Maria also has been looking sorta "puffy" in the face lately to me. Even in the commercial.

LindsayRulz
Aug 31st, 2006, 03:11 AM
If Christine doesn't play well and Lindsay plays a very good match... she could win! And it's a tennis match, I mean, Christine could twits her ankle or she could have a stomach problem. :devil:

hurricanejeanne
Aug 31st, 2006, 03:14 AM
I agree. That cow neck (or whatever you call it) did look sorta prom-ish.
Maria also has been looking sorta "puffy" in the face lately to me. Even in the commercial.

It was way too cocktail dress for me too. I have no problem with wearing black, but this is tennis, Tati did a classic black tennis dress today, looking great and Maria just blah. Her dress needed a simpler collar. It was way too Ancient Egyptian for me. It looked awfully uncomfortable. I agree about the puffiness.

GrandSlam05
Aug 31st, 2006, 04:33 AM
If Christine doesn't play well and Lindsay plays a very good match... she could win! And it's a tennis match, I mean, Christine could twits her ankle or she could have a stomach problem. :devil:
Well, hopefully Justine's less-than-stellar record at the USO will continue. ;)

GrandSlam05
Aug 31st, 2006, 04:37 AM
I agree about the puffiness.
Maybe she's on steroids. The boobs can't possibly get any smaller, but if she starts getting hairy and a deep voice, then we'll know something's up.

lindsayno1
Aug 31st, 2006, 10:30 AM
LOL! Maria looked HORRENDOUS!

I didnt see her play, but i predict a JuJu upset for some weird reason!

lindsayno1
Aug 31st, 2006, 11:05 AM
oh and i love how amelie has got shafted to armstrong!

Elldee
Aug 31st, 2006, 11:35 AM
I think Lindsay will be happy with a couple of days off and then being up first, early morning start, no waiting around.

Peng should have beaten Hingis really... I LOVE her backhand.

Sharapova looks fine, if someone else had worn the dress they wouldn't have got nearly as much flack. Mary looked good yesterday which was nice to see.

LethalLindsay
Aug 31st, 2006, 11:38 AM
Maria looked like Cleopatra of the '80's coke parties in that dress! Love the Egyptian neckline girl............can someone please make her stop!

LethalLindsay
Aug 31st, 2006, 11:38 AM
Having said that she was SCARY sharp last night. She served awesome!

Kelly
Aug 31st, 2006, 12:57 PM
im so glad lindsay is on 1st...and if all goes well will get a late start tomorrow, give the arm some rest.
im just praying that there is no rain and sky sports xtra start with lindsays match as the main one....as i will be at work so im having to rely on my instincts and set the vcr lol..
go lindsay!!

GrandSlam05
Aug 31st, 2006, 04:32 PM
And Lindsay pulls out the dropper against Kostanic. :lol:

LDF
Aug 31st, 2006, 04:35 PM
A bagel :D

!<blocparty>!
Aug 31st, 2006, 04:37 PM
Awesome first set, it didn't seem like 7 UFE's. :o

GrandSlam05
Aug 31st, 2006, 04:46 PM
Ugh. They cut to the Franny match (which didn't bother me much), but then they had to show 5+ minutes of Andre practicing and interview with Baghdaditis. WTF?

LDF
Aug 31st, 2006, 04:49 PM
Lindsay's only lost 5 points on serve so far :)

LDF
Aug 31st, 2006, 04:49 PM
As I say that she double faults :lol:

But she still takes a 6-0 4-0 lead :)

lindsayno1
Aug 31st, 2006, 05:02 PM
Lindsay! Oh my god....!

GrandSlam05
Aug 31st, 2006, 05:10 PM
Really solid. I don't think she could've really done anything better. Biggest improvement was the mov't. BTW I'm lovin' the drop shots! I wish she would try them more esp in these matches where she's winning by a landslide it's a good time to practice those shots in a match situation.

davenport124
Aug 31st, 2006, 05:13 PM
6-0 6-0! Lindsay is the queen of double-bagels thats the thirs one this year!!! GO LINDSAY :bounce:

chewy
Aug 31st, 2006, 05:29 PM
lindsay the pastry chef, she's serving more bagels than krispy kreme! :D

mike/topgun
Aug 31st, 2006, 07:45 PM
A good performance. Very solid and she's almost there with the serve and groundstrokes.
Lindsay seemed more comfortable on the court today, and moved better.
It's gonna be hard against Jujinator in the quarters:rolleyes:

TennisPlayingFox
Aug 31st, 2006, 07:52 PM
very impressive Lindsay! good luck in round 3!

Nikki
Aug 31st, 2006, 09:36 PM
A solid win, hopefully this form will carry her through:)

hurricanejeanne
Aug 31st, 2006, 09:59 PM
Lindsay missed breakfast apparently. ;)
I was at work during the match and since I work retail no interent access for me. Blah. Very happy to see the score.

Loves the stats, and the dropshots. Been a while since I've one of those from her.

Damn, its matches like this that I missed when she was out. I love it when Lindsay spanks the shit out of some scrub. :drool:

Best of luck in round 3 Lindsay. :bounce:

Lindsayfan32
Aug 31st, 2006, 10:00 PM
2 bagels for breakfast and it sounds like Lindsay played really really well. In the zone you could say. If anyone can upload this please do I would love to see it and it wouldn't take long. Another thing I didn't think the words Lindsay and drop shots went together either.

Lindsay said post match she likes to give at least one game to her in her matches and that's the third double bagel she had this year. These bagels must taste really good.

:worship::worship:

LindsayRulz
Aug 31st, 2006, 10:25 PM
my god only 38 minutes!

vw.
Aug 31st, 2006, 10:26 PM
Lindsay! :D

Keep it up! :yeah:

!<blocparty>!
Aug 31st, 2006, 10:41 PM
Q. How much better did you get in the last 48 hours with your shoulder?
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Yeah, it's doing better. There's no question. Like I was saying earlier, for whatever reason yesterday it felt really, really sore. And then today it felt much looser.
So trainers were saying they thought I had a different arm today, so I don't really know the rhyme or reason. I'm taking care of it the best I can. Hopefully, if it stays like it is today, I mean, it shouldn't be an issue.

Q. It is the shoulder or the arm?
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: It's the arm.

Q. Upper arm?
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: It starts here and then it kind of comes down into here. Shoulder was just kind of a general word. It's not really here, kind of in here and here (indicating her upper arm).

I don't like it. She's bound to have a day where she wakes up and the shoulder feels awful. Me thinks it'll be somewhere around the QF's. :(

hurricanejeanne
Aug 31st, 2006, 11:08 PM
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Yeah, it's doing better. There's no question. Like I was saying earlier, for whatever reason yesterday it felt really, really sore. And then today it felt much looser.
So trainers were saying they thought I had a different arm today, so I don't really know the rhyme or reason. I'm taking care of it the best I can. Hopefully, if it stays like it is today, I mean, it shouldn't be an issue.

Q. Upper arm?
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: It starts here and then it kind of comes down into here. Shoulder was just kind of a general word. It's not really here, kind of in here and here (indicating her upper arm).

I don't like it. She's bound to have a day where she wakes up and the shoulder feels awful. Me thinks it'll be somewhere around the QF's. :(

Well, she said it's better. Which is good. If it does stay like it was today she'll be okay.
I have a lot of shoulder issues myself (bad shoulder blades, bad rotater cuffs) so I was pretty confident it wasn't really the shoulder itself. Maybe she is sleeping on he arm funny. If you sleep on a sore or iffy arm (lay on it) it can be very sore and blah the next day and can take a while to get it "working right".
She should be okay, her and her trainer are taking good care of it. We're gonna have to watch, wait, and hope for the best.

hurricanejeanne
Aug 31st, 2006, 11:14 PM
Round 2 interview.

THE MODERATOR: Questions for Lindsay.

Q. Give us an arm report.
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Yeah, it's feeling better, you know. It's funny 'cause yesterday it was really sore, and then today was feeling much better. So not really sure the rhyme or reason to it. I think the two days for me was a blessing. Didn't have to really be out here and wasn't hitting much; neither was anyone else.
So I feel it's getting better, I think.

Q. It's good they made you play on Monday?
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Yeah, turns out that way. It's funny how things work.

Q. Lindsay, I noticed that you were trying to end the points a whole lot earlier by coming into the net. Was that because of the shoulder?
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: No, I just thought maybe I'd try and do that once in a while.

Q. It worked?
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Yeah, it did work. I think she has the type of game that I had some more time to be able to do that. I wasn't trying to make the point shorter, I was trying just to be aggressive. That was really the result of that.

Q. Is this once again, early in the year, you gave up a game to a player, but now you got past that?
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: I don't know. I just think the mindset of especially at a Grand Slam, you know, you just do what you need to do and try and do everything the best you can. It didn't really cross my mind. I guess maybe I have a different philosophy possibly later.

Q. Mean old lady?
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Yeah, I guess (smiling).

Q. How tough is it to find sort of perfection out here against sort of the weight issues? You have Serena playing, Daniela later. Serena has been criticized for being too heavy, Daniela for being too thin. What's the pressure like to find that perfect balance out here?
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: It's different for every player. What is troubling to one player is the exact opposite for another player. You know, I think, we're out here obviously as athletes, but just like any other woman. You know, it's a society problem. It's not just, you know, in the women's tennis.
I mean, you know, personally I had trouble earlier in my career and was criticized. I'm like 18, you know. Every girl kind of goes through that. But I think that once you just reach a comfortable point and do what you need to do, I mean, you really just listen to how your body responds and what you think and try not to worry what others feel they think you should or should not be.

Q. What percentage of it was tennis and what percentage was just being a woman that forced you to shape up?
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: I think just growing up. I think that just, you know, I mean, for me, like not to blame them, but my parents were going through a divorce. I had just finished high school and moved out on my own for the first time.
You know, just a lot of things were going on. On top of that, I was still playing I was playing tennis. But, I mean, once I hit my early 20s, you just, you know, reach a point where you feel comfortable and your body knows, kind of it reaches its own kind of weight naturally if you're working out and eating well.

Q. Do you think some players mistake being thin for being fit?
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: I think that's a very common I think that's not a player misconception, I think that's a worldwide misconception. I think to me, a strong, athletic woman seems a lot healthier than just, you know, weight. Like, you know, instead of what the scale says.

Q. Andre Agassi might be playing his last match tonight. It's a possibility. What are your thoughts on his performance and what has he meant to the game?
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Yeah, I mean, I hope he doesn't play his last match tonight. I think everybody here is really excited. Huge buzz with him playing. I know the crowds would love to see him, you know, through the second week, if possible.
But it's hard watching him. I think it's emotional for players as well as for himself. I mean, you can see how much he means to everybody in the sport and how much all of this means to him. It's very fun to watch and cheer for him. He seems like he's, you know, totally at peace with his decision, just wants to go out on a high. I think all of us want to see him do that.

Q. Did you watch him Monday night?
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Yeah, I had to turn it off (laughing). To get some sleep.
But, I mean, that was some just unbelievable tennis from both guys. For a first round match it was insane. I know tonight's gonna be a great match, as well.
You know, Andre playing well and Andre with the crowd behind him is always going to be tough to beat.

Q. Did you turn it off after the third set?
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Yes, yeah. The third set tiebreak. So he was up two sets. Yeah, exactly.

Q. Going back to what they said earlier about the emphasis on appearance, I remember you had a little exchange with Justin after he wrote
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Oh, last year.

Q. whatever it was.
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Yeah, we have many exchanges (laughing).

Q. Let's hear them.
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: No (smiling).

Q. What did you say to him?
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Nothing. I mean, Justin is a good friend of mine so we, you know, like to banter.
I mean, I think, you know, he was saying something about what girls wear to practice or something, and I was like, Well, why does that matter? Some of your coaches walk around with they should have T shirts on, too. It doesn't really like I don't understand the purpose of your article.
He was saying that it was a really big deal. I was like, "Well, I think people would have better things to talk about." He was like, "No." It was like that kind of stuff.

Q. Would you ever think about writing a book about the tour?
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: No.

Q. No?
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: No.

Q. It just came up yesterday with James Blake.
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Yeah, I've heard about that. I haven't actually heard what Vince wrote or anything. I heard that some players were upset. I kind of think that it's all pretty what happens kind of stays there. It's kind of an unwritten rule.
I mean, even if someone were to ask me, Oh, what do you think of this player? I'm always like, Oh, they're good. It's kind of nobody's business. I just feel like that. I don't feel like it's secrets and stuff, but you have a mutual respect for all your fellow competitors. I think that everyone should have some kind of standard to that.

Q. So what happens in the locker room stays in the locker room?
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Kind of. Not much happens in ours. Maybe it's a different story in the other locker room (laughing).

Q. Andre went and had a Cortisone shot the other night because he was in so much pain. Can you identify with how badly he must want to play in this tournament to go through what he's gone through physically?
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Yeah, I think he's been going through it for years just to try to stay out here for himself and for everybody who still wants him out here. It's a tough deal day in and day out with injuries.
You know, he's fought so hard to give the fans, you know, this last kind of hoorah. I hope his body allows him to play through all that.

Q. Do you get down? You've had a lot of injuries.
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Yeah.

Q. Cost you your defense of the Olympic title. You would have won this title two years ago if you hadn't pulled up lame.
LINDSAY DAVENPORT: It's life, you know. I mean, I have so many things that can go wrong, biomechanically and everything, just kind of shrug your shoulders. If it got you too down, I don't feel like I'd be able to keep coming back.
But, you know, it's the injuries that kind of happen playing tennis, you kind of I can accept better than some of the like fluke kind of the accidental injuries.
The foot surgery I had to have was because I had a bad nerve in my foot. Had nothing really to do with playing tennis. Those are the ones that kind of get annoying. I understand if I hurt my shoulder or blow my knee out playing tennis, but let's not have the extra ones come popping in all the time.

Q. Upper arm?

FastScripts by ASAP Sports...

:)
This is another thing I missed when she was gone, her interviews are the best. No one is this articulate, intelligent, and well-versed as Lindsay is.

Lol at her "many exchanges and banters" with Justin (Gimblestob). I remember that issue from last year.
Good times.

tennisboi
Sep 1st, 2006, 01:27 AM
Lindsay nice one:)I heard she said her arm was sore that's not a good sign:eek:but 6-0 6-0 wow

hurricanejeanne
Sep 1st, 2006, 01:29 AM
OOP for Friday is out...

Lindsay vs. Srebotnik (rehash) is the featured women's night match, 7 pm EST.
(Also uber excited about the men's match following, Nalbandian vs Safin! Damn)

Good luck Lindsay, beat her again please!

GrandSlam05
Sep 1st, 2006, 01:30 AM
Lindsay must be cravin' carbs. :drool:

Andrew..
Sep 1st, 2006, 01:37 AM
Why is Lindsay the featured night match. I love her, but gosh... That really shouldn't be a 7 pm Ashe match. :p

Lindsay has been on Ashe for every one of her matches to far. Maybe the USTA knows something we all don't...

!<blocparty>!
Sep 1st, 2006, 01:40 AM
She played on Ashe pretty much every match in 2003. K Vee n Ree weren't playing then but still.

hurricanejeanne
Sep 1st, 2006, 01:41 AM
Why is Lindsay the featured night match. I love her, but gosh... That really shouldn't be a 7 pm Ashe match. :p

Lindsay has been on Ashe for every one of her matches to far. Maybe the USTA knows something we all don't...

Wasn't she on Ashe for all her matches last year too? I cannot remember.

Robbie.
Sep 1st, 2006, 02:14 AM
It's not really surprising that Lindsay has been on Ashe for all her matches. All the seeds higher than Lindsay in her half are hardly "big" stars, apart from Justine, and Justine is not American.

I am worried about the arm though. It WILL flare up at some point and it probably will be just when she has our hopes up about doing really well in the tournament. I don't know, maybe a set up against Juju in the quarters. Sounds typical.

LindsayRulz
Sep 1st, 2006, 03:05 AM

Hingis-Razzano wasn't the better choise for a 7 pm match...

and what do you mean by : the USTA knows something we all don't?

jonnymac
Sep 1st, 2006, 04:01 AM
Lindsay is the premier american she is obviously going to play night and always on ashe, come on people.....my main concern is that its supposed to rain tomorrow night....and all throughout the weekend...if linds does not get her match in and everyone else in the bottom half does...that spells bad bad news for her arm...she would prob have to play 3rd mon 4th tues qtrs weds if the weekend was a washout..which sucks for her bc it will be pretty much impossible given her condition..althoug i like it that she is the night match i sorta wish given this forecast she was playing during the day...well lets do our rain dance i guess. good match today linds

GrandSlam05
Sep 1st, 2006, 06:13 AM
Hingis-Razzano wasn't the better choise for a 7 pm match...

and what do you mean by : the USTA knows something we all don't?
Maybe they know this is going to be Lindsay's last USO, so to give her due they are putting her on Ashe.
Not to be negative, but Tracy knows Lindsay pretty well and she also alluded this might be Lindsay's last USO.
I really have no idea what Lindsay will do, so I'm just trying to enjoy the moment. :shrug:

lindsayno1
Sep 1st, 2006, 08:28 AM
well shes the top ranked american now, no vee, ree is unseeded, noone cares about the russians other than shriekapova....

speaking of Hingis...wtf happened there?!! I didnt see that match!

Im thinkin the same about the arm, its gonna show up when she plays Christine.

Loved the dropshots - do them more often a la sharapova matches or something. Loves to see Maria run like a giraffe to try and get them and then hit them straight into the net!

mike/topgun
Sep 1st, 2006, 11:12 AM
So, 1day the arm feels like good, then another day it feels sore...:(
I was hoping that those physical issues won't continue. I doubt she'll play through 2007 with all the health problems. She must be 100% fit to continue her career.
Let's pray Jujinator loses before the quarters.:help:

I was wondering even before the 1r vs Zakopalova, just why they put Lindsay on AA just before Andre:tape: On the other hand there are no stars in the bottom half, so the best American player is the obvious choice for AA Stadium. Hope for the weather and for the shoulder.:bounce:

hurricanejeanne
Sep 1st, 2006, 11:27 AM
Lindsay is the top ranked American and the biggest name in the bottom half, that's why she's the main draw for the bottom. They aren't going to show more Justine and more Dementieva over Lindsay.
Serena will probably play all of her matches on AA too.

Out of the last two years, it could have been her last Open. We don't know. The USTA doesn't know. She doesn't know. She has not made a descision.

Her arm is worrisome, but what can we do? Lindsay and her trainers are doing the best they can to take care of it. We can only hope that it doesn't flare up on a day she plays.

lindsayno1
Sep 1st, 2006, 11:39 AM
Out of the last two years, it could have been her last Open. We don't know. The USTA doesn't know. She doesn't know. She has not made a descision.

there's blatently loadsa stuff we dont know...

Elldee
Sep 1st, 2006, 01:58 PM
Maybe they know this is going to be Lindsay's last USO, so to give her due they are putting her on Ashe.
Not to be negative, but Tracy knows Lindsay pretty well and she also alluded this might be Lindsay's last USO.
I really have no idea what Lindsay will do, so I'm just trying to enjoy the moment. :shrug:

It's not like Tracey Austen has inside knowledge, Lindsay 'alluded' to it herself after her first round or maybe even at Pilot Pen.

Kimmi
Sep 1st, 2006, 07:39 PM
Hmm, I have realised I have yet to comment on the double bagel:

Woooooooooooooooooooooooomotherf**kinghooooooooooo oooooooooooo!

Ahem. Yeah. Well done Lindsay.

As for the arm, I figure it isn't as bad as we think, especially if she's playing in Asia after the US Open. She knows what she's doing so we just have to trust her not to try anything stupid like at New Haven and injure it further.

It's Lindsay - she'll be ok :)

So, for now, I am going back to my cheerleading - Woooo Lindsay! :bounce:

lindsayno1
Sep 1st, 2006, 08:02 PM
Christine dropped the first set against sugiyama and just took the second. Shes playing horrendous tennis. I hope this henin shows up against Lindsay assuming they both get there

Andrew..
Sep 1st, 2006, 08:14 PM
Christine dropped the first set against sugiyama and just took the second. Shes playing horrendous tennis. I hope this henin shows up against Lindsay assuming they both get there
Lindsay's not winning that match.

lindsayno1
Sep 1st, 2006, 08:26 PM
no shes not :(

Andrew..
Sep 1st, 2006, 08:29 PM
And Justine really didn't play badly. She had a bad patch from 4-1 in the first set. The second and third sets she was flawless.

mike/topgun
Sep 1st, 2006, 08:30 PM
You're always so pesimistic.
We don't know the score yet, so if Lindsay plays her best, she's got a chance.
We may say that she's still far from her best, and she's got mental issues against JHH who's been playing really well recently.
But after all, it depends on current form of both players.
We'll see.

First there are 2 matches to be played and won - Srebotnik and, presumably, Patty.

GrandSlam05
Sep 1st, 2006, 08:33 PM
Justine picked up her level in the second and third and I thought Ai's level dropped at about the same time. She lost some of her conistency. I still don't understand where Justine's power comes from. How can a girl her size generate so much power?
BTW Lindsay looked really cute today. Did you guys see her sign that dude's face? :lol:

Andrew..
Sep 1st, 2006, 08:39 PM
We don't know the score yet, so if Lindsay plays her best, she's got a chance.
Lindsay could win every match in this tournament 6-0 6-0, and she would still lose to Justine.

The AO match pretty much convinced me she was done when it comes to Justine.

!<blocparty>!
Sep 1st, 2006, 08:47 PM
Lindsay isn't beating Justine. There's no point even hoping, she'll find a way to lose and break everyones hearts, again.

hurricanejeanne
Sep 1st, 2006, 08:47 PM
Justine picked up her level in the second and third and I thought Ai's level dropped at about the same time. She lost some of her conistency. I still don't understand where Justine's power comes from. How can a girl her size generate so much power?
BTW Lindsay looked really cute today. Did you guys see her sign that dude's face? :lol:

What sign? I just got in from work...

Anyways, Justine has a habit of doing this, downplaying in some of her early rounds (ie. 05 Roland Garros). So I am not surprised about that first set, if Ai plays well she's moving and hitting a lot of angles and if you're off just a bit she can take advantage.

I'm a little worried about tonight match vs Srebotnik.
With Hngis going down last night and Sugiyama taking a set from Justine...maybe Srebotnik will play tons better than she did in New Haven. And of coarse the intangible of Lindsay's arm makes it more worrisome.
I hope that's just the nerves talking...

And I agree with Andrew, if Lindsay makes the quarters and plays Justine, she's not going to win that one. Lindsay will of coarse, probably be up a set and a break and it will start raining or she'll get hurt or have a sudden craving for pancakes and tank. Meh. Lindsay does have the game and the ability to beat Justine, she just doesn't believe she can fight tooth and nail with her.

GrandSlam05
Sep 1st, 2006, 08:48 PM
As much I hate to agree, I have to. Justine is great, but Lindsay overestimates her and underestimates herself. It really is disheartening, but until she changes her attitude, she'll never beat Justine.
But prove me wrong Lindsay! Prove me wrong!

GrandSlam05
Sep 1st, 2006, 08:51 PM
What sign? I just got in from work...

Anyways, Justine has a habit of doing this, downplaying in some of her early rounds (ie. 05 Roland Garros). So I am not surprised about that first set, if Ai plays well she's moving and hitting a lot of angles and if you're off just a bit she can take advantage.

I'm a little worried about tonight match vs Srebotnik.
With Hngis going down last night and Sugiyama taking a set from Justine...maybe Srebotnik will play tons better than she did in New Haven. And of coarse the intangible of Lindsay's arm makes it more worrisome.
I hope that's just the nerves talking...

And I agree with Andrew, if Lindsay makes the quarters and plays Justine, she's not going to win that one. Lindsay will of coarse, probably be up a set and a break and it will start raining or she'll get hurt or have a sudden craving for pancakes and tank. Meh. Lindsay does have the game and the ability to beat Justine, she just doesn't believe she can fight tooth and nail with her.
Not "a" sign. She was leaving/going to practice and she signed some guys cheek. Actually the guy looked quite familiar too he looked like some Swiss guy in the Martina Hingis fanclub on myspace LOL.

lindsayno1
Sep 1st, 2006, 09:09 PM
LOL really

GrandSlam05
Sep 1st, 2006, 09:16 PM
Yeah there's also a Lindsay group LOL. Not too many of us in there. :o Also some IDIOT started an "I hate Lindsay Davenport" group. :mad: The stupid part is the reason he doesn't like her is b/c of her being "fat" and "her looks". Whatta :weirdo:

hurricanejeanne
Sep 1st, 2006, 09:57 PM
Yeah there's also a Lindsay group LOL. Not too many of us in there. :o Also some IDIOT started an "I hate Lindsay Davenport" group. :mad: The stupid part is the reason he doesn't like her is b/c of her being "fat" and "her looks". Whatta :weirdo:

K. Lindsay hasn't been "fat" since I was in elementary school.

So some ass hates Lindsay because she isn't a poster child of "creepy old men's desires?" Very intelligent... :weirdo:

Anyways, the weather is starting to look a little worrisome in NY at the moment. The wind is picking up a lot. The temperature is quite cool (below 7o degrees F)...and I'm checking weather.com and it's looking bad. A big swatch of rain in just south of NY. I doubt Lindsay will play tonight. :sad:

Andrew..
Sep 1st, 2006, 10:09 PM
I live 40 minutes outside of NYC.

Lindsay should be able to get her match in tonight. What you're seeing on radar isn't hitting the ground. The rain isn't supposed to start here until much later. Safin's match probably won't finish, though. It's going to be really windy when Lindsay plays, something she really doesn't appreciate.

Tomorrow is going to be a total washout, both the day and night session. Sunday's day session will probably be delayed, but the afternoon and nighttime look clear.

MH0861
Sep 1st, 2006, 10:12 PM
Lindsay isn't beating Justine. There's no point even hoping, she'll find a way to lose and break everyones hearts, again.

I agree it's very, very doubtful she'll beat Justine, but I have to ask -- did you say this too before the FO and Wimbledon '05 R16 matches? Never say never. :)

hurricanejeanne
Sep 1st, 2006, 10:20 PM

Lindsay should be able to get her match in tonight. What you're seeing on radar isn't hitting the ground. The rain isn't supposed to start here until much later. Safin's match probably won't finish, though. It's going to be really windy when Lindsay plays, something she really doesn't appreciate.

Tomorrow is going to be a total washout, both the day and night session. Sunday's day session will probably be delayed, but the afternoon and nighttime look clear.

Thanks.
Yeah tomorrow's matches are screwed.
I'm more worried about the wind. If it rains it rains, but the wind is gonna fuck with Lindsay's serve and her strokes and piss her off, and if her arm is bothering her she's gonna have a rough night.
This is why I was slightly uneasy when I saw her with the night match, I knew the weather was gonna be an issue. If Lindsay gets on court, which according to you she should, she's going to be pressing to finish early because of the rain IMO. She doesn't want it to get carried over.

Lindsayfan32
Sep 1st, 2006, 10:29 PM

Grandslam everyone's entitled there own opinon there like assholes everyone has one. But Saying they don't like Lindsay because she's fat and how she looks it wrong. Lindsay is the fittest she's every been in long time and looks great. These people and I use that word lightly need to get a life.

GrandSlam05
Sep 1st, 2006, 10:46 PM

I was surprised at how hot NY is. I was there in late July and it was absolutely stifling! I'm used to heat being from the midwest but it seemed like there was no breeze in NYC. I didn't think you guys would have the same kind of humidity either. Waiting for the subway was killer.

!<blocparty>!
Sep 1st, 2006, 10:55 PM
I agree it's very, very doubtful she'll beat Justine, but I have to ask -- did you say this too before the FO and Wimbledon '05 R16 matches? Never say never. :)

Justine > Kim.

But, yeah. We all thought that would never happen and it did. I wish this one will. :sad:

mike/topgun
Sep 1st, 2006, 10:57 PM
You are all so pesimistic about Lindsay's chances.
I am not saying that she will beat the Belgian, who's an obvious favourite for the title, all what I'm saying is that she's got a chance.
Try to be realistic and objective for once.
We all know Lindsay's got mental issues vs Jujinator since AO 2003 (cramps etc), but she also has the game to beat her when on top.
In this years Aussie Open QF both played way under their abilities and Lindsay won the 1st set comfortably, JHH was just not there with her game. Then it suddenly turned around. The injury had also something to do with Davenport's form that day.

IF Lindsay is on top of her game she can beat Justine. We all know that too.
So, the question is not if she can beat JHH, it's on IF Lindsay's fit enough to show her best form. And I agree - that's a big IF.

"Hope" is the word for this week.:bounce:
that Christine gets knocked out before the quartes:devil:

MH0861
Sep 1st, 2006, 11:00 PM
Justine > Kim.

But, yeah. We all thought that would never happen and it did. I wish this one will. :sad:

You just never know what's gonna happen, and you might as well be a little upbeat about it. We criticise Lindsay for being negative, but her fans (myself included) can be just as bad and go into matches feeling defeated before it's started.

tennisboi
Sep 1st, 2006, 11:22 PM
I am not saying that she will beat the Belgian, who's an obvious favourite for the title, all what I'm saying is that she's got a chance.
We all know Lindsay's got mental issues vs Jujinator since AO 2003 (cramps etc), but she also has the game to beat her when on top.
In this years Aussie Open QF both played way under their abilities and Lindsay won the 1st set comfortably, JHH was just not there with her game. Then it suddenly turned around. The injury had also something to do with Davenport's form that day.

So, the question is not if she can beat JHH, it's on IF Lindsay's fit enough to show her best form. And I agree - that's a big IF.

One thing I notice about Christine that she didn't do so much in 03/04 is that she has a tendency to go off the boil in mathes like today against Ai going from 4-1 up to losing 5 games in a row so Lindsay needs to take advantage of that if they meet and she can't afford to have mental lapses off her own

hurricanejeanne
Sep 2nd, 2006, 01:24 AM
Meh.
Go figure, they get Lindsay and Kata ready to go out to play and it starts to rain.

I'm following two radars, it there isn't any "breaks" in the rain, sure there will be pockets of light rain, but it's not gonna stop completely or for a long period of time it seems for at least 36 hours.

When the hell are they going to send Linds back to her hotel for the night?

GrandSlam05
Sep 2nd, 2006, 01:35 AM
Ugh. I was so looking forward to seeing her. I also haven't seen much of Marat lately and was looking forward to his match. They need to change the US Open venue to Southern California.

GrandSlam05
Sep 2nd, 2006, 01:37 AM
So if Lindsay doesn't get to play tonite (and it looks like she damn sure won't), will she be first up tomorrow?
Assuming it's not raining all day tomorrow.

Andrew..
Sep 2nd, 2006, 01:41 AM
Roland Garros, I was absolutely convinced she was going to lose. Like, 1 and 2. But, as you said...

Justine > Kim.
Kim couldn't keep a forehand in play for the second half of that match. With Justine, that's not happening. Justine's losses are flukes to scrubs. Kim's losses are no-shows or chokes against top players.

Andrew..
Sep 2nd, 2006, 01:42 AM
You just never know what's gonna happen, and you might as well be a little upbeat about it. We criticise Lindsay for being negative, but her fans (myself included) can be just as bad and go into matches feeling defeated before it's started.
We follow our leader. When she walks on court with zero belief she can win, I don't have reason to doubt her.

hurricanejeanne
Sep 2nd, 2006, 01:48 AM
So if Lindsay doesn't get to play tonite (and it looks like she damn sure won't), will she be first up tomorrow?
Assuming it's not raining all day tomorrow.

I don't know. I think it depends on how long they hold Lindsay and Kata. If they stay at the tennis center too long, they won't be first up but they'd probably be an afternoon match, and I doubt they'd be on AA.
But it's gonna rain all day tomorrow.

Lindsay's interview before the warm up was kind of blah. She was just "you know we've been thru this kind of stuff tons of times (the rain) you just have to hope to get out there and play." And then talking about Kata and how they played last week..."oh I think a lot of players have played eachother a lot and are familiar with their styles..." She wasn't very enthusiastic.
But then again, when ever the weather is like this, up and down, she is so blah...she doesn't want to risk anything with her knee...that and she doesn't want to be stuck out there past her bedtime.
And LOL at her going into the "holding tank" and channel surfing for the weather. She's probably like "See we can't play, send me home, sleep."

Andrew..
Sep 2nd, 2006, 01:50 AM
No.
We are. The fact is that Lindsay has zero belief that she can do anything against Justine. Again, see AO 2006.

She should be beating everyone. That's why her slam results are so frustrating.

It turned around when Lindsay missed a putaway forehand by a foot, and subsequently gave up on the match. At 1-0 in the second set. Fighter. And the injury had nothing to do with it. It didn't hinder her at all. Sure, she moved like a sloth, but she does that against Justine whenever they play.

Maybe. But her mentality is always a question. I could even see her going up a set and a break here... then folding. She's absoultely clueless against Justine on the big points. Shot selection, movement, and thinking all go out the window.

No. If Lindsay is healthy, she's still going out there with the "Justine's too good. I'm off to Bali!" attitude.

Congrats on making the quarters! I hope you make it to Bali!

Andrew..
Sep 2nd, 2006, 01:51 AM
I don't know. I think it depends on how long they hold Lindsay and Kata. If they stay at the tennis center too long, they won't be first up but they'd probably be an afternoon match, and I doubt they'd be on AA.
But it's gonna rain all day tomorrow.

Lindsay's interview before the warm up was kind of blah. She was just "you know we've been thru this kind of stuff tons of times (the rain) you just have to hope to get out there and play." And then talking about Kata and how they played last week..."oh I think a lot of players have played eachother a lot and are familiar with their styles..." She wasn't very enthusiastic.
But then again, when ever the weather is like this, up and down, she is so blah...she doesn't want to risk anything with her knee...that and she doesn't want to be stuck out there past her bedtime.
And LOL at her going into the "holding tank" and channel surfing for the weather. She's probably like "See we can't play, send me home, sleep."
Yeah, it was pretty clear she had no desire to be there tonight.

And they're not getting any play in tomorrow. She'll probably be second on Ashe on Sunday.

hurricanejeanne
Sep 2nd, 2006, 02:05 AM
Yeah, it was pretty clear she had no desire to be there tonight.

And they're not getting any play in tomorrow. She'll probably be second on Ashe on Sunday.

She probably knew that they wouldn't get to play tonight anyways, so it was a waste of time. And that was like two hours ago...and now the USTA cancels play for the night.
The USTA needs to get a radar.

hurricanejeanne
Sep 2nd, 2006, 02:14 AM
Reguarding the Justine crap.

I don't know, Lindsay seems to have the most mental issues with her for some reasons. She can play Justine close or Justine can play like shit and still Justine wins.
Justine's mental toughness overrides that little body of hers and that mental strength seems to rattle Lindsay so much more than anyone else she's played.

Lindsay only chance if they are to meet in the quarters, is if she lets go...plays like she has nothing to lose, stops thinking so much of "what's Justine gonna do" and more of "what do I have to do to win this point, game, ect". IMO, that's what went down against Kimmie at the French. Lindsay was down and out and wasn't supposed to win anyways, but she started to rally more with Kim and Kim started to implodes, especially on serve. Ugly win, but a win.

But Justine isn't Kim although the mental issues are the same...
The odds of Lindsay winning that one are incredibly slim.
She can beat Justine, but she won't because of her head.
Because playing your best is being physically and mentally tough. Meh.

hurricanejeanne
Sep 2nd, 2006, 02:50 AM
LOL at the USTA even making an OOP for tomorrow...

Anyways, Lindsay vs. Srebotnik is tenatively and ambitiously scheduled for 1 pm EST on Armstrong.

Andrew..
Sep 2nd, 2006, 02:54 AM
Well, they have to make an OOP. Even if it's scheduled to rain volcanic ash.

lindsayno1
Sep 2nd, 2006, 09:30 AM
We follow our leader. When she walks on court with zero belief she can win, I don't have reason to doubt her.[U]

That made me laugh so much.

Well, they have to make an OOP. Even if it's scheduled to rain volcanic ash.[QUOTE]

and that one!

Meh i just woke up thinking lindsay battered kata last night and no friggin play. At least ill be awake to watch it today. I kind of died last night and was half asleep watching the navratilova/bryan, corina/bryan match - that was great!

mike/topgun
Sep 2nd, 2006, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by Andrew..
We are. The fact is that Lindsay has zero belief that she can do anything against Justine. Again, see AO 2006.
And why do you think it is like that? I mean, let's be honest Justine is a great champ and her game neutralizes much of Lindsay's arguments. Then when it comes to 3 setters Lindsay is gonna be always down and behind someone who is a true fighter, Allez and stuff... I've seen it many times. But there were also many examples of Lindsay playing like a fighter herself. So she feels that she can do something, but maybe not win. Not yet.
It turned around when Lindsay missed a putaway forehand by a foot, and subsequently gave up on the match. At 1-0 in the second set. Fighter. And the injury had nothing to do with it. It didn't hinder her at all. Sure, she moved like a sloth, but she does that against Justine whenever they play.
Let me just bring the facts to you.
Since the Wimbledon's 05 final Lindsay's been struggling with her back. She said many times in her interviews that she felt horrible during the fall season(when she was fighting for n1:angel: ) and in the begining of this year. It came to the point that she couldn't continue, so she decided to take some time off after IW to rest her back.
Also the ankle injury (which wasn't that serious) was still an issue, mental issue. It all went through her head: "How could you possibly beat Jujinator with an injured ankle and a sore back???" She was happy to take a set from her, which was a surprise btw.
Maybe. But her mentality is always a question. I could even see her going up a set and a break here... then folding. She's absoultely clueless against Justine on the big points. Shot selection, movement, and thinking all go out the window.
That's NOT a fair obsevation. Justine is a great mover on court, and she can chase some balls back that other girls can't. So, that puts a lot of pressure on Lindsay to be even more aggressive and accurate on her groudstrokes, thus she makes more errors than usualy. It's quite natural, though it has something to do with the overall confidence. It's really tough to rally with JHH, cos she almost always playing on her highest level.
But I must agree that Lindsay plays those big points with zero belief(f.e.going for too much on the first strike, or attacking her backhand). She was like that against Kim and SVWilliams too. But she managed to overcome those issues.
No. If Lindsay is healthy, she's still going out there with the "Justine's too good. I'm off to Bali!" attitude.
That's only your opinion. When was the last time that "100% fit and confident" Lindsay played JHH and tanked? I can't remember...Well last year they played in Charleston and Lindsay was comfortably winning that match, playing aggressively, putting pressure, but she was forced to retire due to injury.
Congrats on making the quarters! I hope you make it to Bali!
Did you even think she could possibly miss a trip to Bali? No way.;)
Quarters are great for her atm considering those injuries and the long layoff.

!<blocparty>!
Sep 2nd, 2006, 02:08 PM
And why do you think it is like that? I mean, let's be honest Justine is a great champ and her game neutralizes much of Lindsay's arguments. Then when it comes to 3 setters Lindsay is gonna be always down and behind someone who is a true fighter, Allez and stuff... I've seen it many times. But there were also many examples of Lindsay playing like a fighter herself. So she feels that she can do something, but maybe not win. Not yet.

Let me just bring the facts to you.
Since the Wimbledon's 05 final Lindsay's been struggling with her back. She said many times in her interviews that she felt horrible during the fall season(when she was fighting for n1:angel: ) and in the begining of this year. It came to the point that she couldn't continue, so she decided to take some time off after IW to rest her back.
Also the ankle injury (which wasn't that serious) was still an issue, mental issue. It all went through her head: "How could you possibly beat Jujinator with an injured ankle and a sore back???" She was happy to take a set from her, which was a surprise btw.

That's NOT a fair obsevation. Justine is a great mover on court, and she can chase some balls back that other girls can't. So, that puts a lot of pressure on Lindsay to be even more aggressive and accurate on her groudstrokes, thus she makes more errors than usualy. It's quite natural, though it has something to do with the overall confidence. It's really tough to rally with JHH, cos she almost always playing on her highest level.
But I must agree that Lindsay plays those big points with zero belief(f.e.going for too much on the first strike, or attacking her backhand). She was like that against Kim and SVWilliams too. But she managed to overcome those issues.

That's only your opinion. When was the last time that "100% fit and confident" Lindsay played JHH and tanked? I can't remember...Well last year they played in Charleston and Lindsay was comfortably winning that match, playing aggressively, putting pressure, but she was forced to retire due to injury.

This post said a lot, but meant nothing.

So she feels that she can do something, but maybe not win. Not yet.

Not yet??????????????????? NOT YET!!!!!!1 Well if she doesn't feel she can win, yet... when the fuck is she going to 'do something'. It's not like Lindsay's 18 with 10 more years left in tour.

Andrew..
Sep 2nd, 2006, 03:18 PM
And why do you think it is like that? I mean, let's be honest Justine is a great champ and her game neutralizes much of Lindsay's arguments. Then when it comes to 3 setters Lindsay is gonna be always down and behind someone who is a true fighter, Allez and stuff... I've seen it many times. But there were also many examples of Lindsay playing like a fighter herself.
She's not losing these matches because of Justine's "fighting spirit". She's losing them because she has no belief that she can win them.

So she feels that she can do something, but maybe not win. Not yet.
What. Not yet? Then when? This might be her last major. Is she saving her impressive form to dispatch Justine in straight sets in Zurich! Oh, wait, she's not playing there.

Since the Wimbledon's 05 final Lindsay's been struggling with her back. She said many times in her interviews that she felt horrible during the fall season(when she was fighting for n1:angel: ) and in the begining of this year.
No. She said the back was bothering her in the fall. It didn't become severe until Dubai. And the back didn't stop her from beating anyone else. Just Justine. How convenient.

She herself said the injury wasn't a problem at all for that match. And if the thought of the injury made her mentally even weaker, that only strengthens my case that she has zero belief she can do anything against Justine. That match was a disaster. It doesn't matter that she took a set. The next two sets, she stood there and did nothing. She had no belief she was winning that match from the first game of the second set, and it became painfully obvious as the match went on.

There's no time to overcome those issues.

She was very fit to play a match at the AO. Loss. As for Charleston, Lindsay really was never in control of that match. She was down 3-1 40-30 in the first set, and Justine totally went off, very much like what happened yesterday against Ai. Then there was the other AO QF match against Justine. Classic.

She herself said she's not playing for slam quarterfinals. But, in reality she is. So if that's great for her, whatever.

hurricanejeanne
Sep 2nd, 2006, 03:45 PM
Lindsay isn't playing for GS quarters, but when she draws Justine, she is.

I don't understand why, it seems to me anyways, Lindsay has so many issues with Justine, moreso than what I've noticed against the others (Kim and the Sisters.) Justine is capable of making just as many mistakes as they are. And Lindsay, barring those slam finals, has been able to take full advantage of those mistakes. But she can't against Justine.

I agree about "not yet", she doesn't have a lot of time left. She isn't playing the fall indoors, she isn't sure she's going to Australia or playing next year. She needs one big win to re-motivated her. The ones she had in 04 and 05 have been long expired. Unless she can once again believe that she can win slams against everyone, she'll retire.

The thing is, it's all mental with Lindsay.
She was up in all three of her AO loses to Justine. She couldn't close it out. She lets Justine dictate, and take control. She forgets what got her that lead. Whether it was Justine making errors or Lindsay playing well, it shouldn't matter...if you're up two breaks in a set you should be able to hold your serve a couple more times to take the set(04).

Lindsay has made it a habit of waiting for errors at the big moments. Those errors aren't always going to come. You either need to force them, or hit winners. She also, against Justine seems to not take advantage of short balls and come in, she gives Justine more time to run and set up, you have to rob Justine of time on her shots. And if she's serving like shit it's the same thing. I'm not saying go for to much on a stupid shot when you're out of position but take some balls out of the air, end points before she starts to make you run. If you smell blood, attack.
Meh. I don't think I'll be watching that match.

Anyways, I think it's easier for us at the moment to worry about Lindsay getting to the quarters first. I know she should get there, but lets stop jumping ahead. We don't know about her arm, since it's hot and cold now.
I'm going to worry about Christine when we get there, and not watch.

hurricanejeanne
Sep 2nd, 2006, 04:05 PM
oh if we do get play today...CBS for the Americans, Roddicks or Agassi's match on Ashe will most likely over lap Lindsay's on Armstrong. Translation, no Linds on tv.
If, you know it stops raining.

Update: If the rain stops, Lindsay vs. Srebotnik will be first up on Armstrong. They need to get the delayed matches from yesturday finished. (followed by Nalby/Safin) From Pam at the CBS command center.

lindsayno1
Sep 2nd, 2006, 05:21 PM
is she? The oop is still saying shes second on

hurricanejeanne
Sep 2nd, 2006, 05:27 PM
is she? The oop is still saying shes second on
That's what the tournament ref said to Pam Shriver about an hour ago in the command center. They said that the matches that have to be finished and played from yesturday will be played first, and said that the Davenport match is up first on Armstrong.

It's still raining though. :rain:

MH0861
Sep 2nd, 2006, 05:47 PM
Maybe the 4R curse will continue and Justine will lose to Peer. :p

mike/topgun
Sep 2nd, 2006, 07:18 PM
Andrew.. and !<blockparty>!
Those are only your opinions and I respect them. But I can't agree with them entirely.

Let's hope she will get to the quarters first, then we might get down on ourselves.
Then you can go ahead and say: "she's not winning that one".
And for Lindsay's interviews Andrew.. - we all know that one day she says one thing and other thing the next day.
As you've probably noticed I'm not making things up, and I try to be objective as I'm not only focused on Lindsay's game (and her errors), but also on Christine's arguments. While, imo, you are constantly giving opinions which are mostly based on your impressions, cos if you say that an injury is not an issue, especially with Lindsay, then you can't be serious.
A fact is a fact. We can't predict the future, and we don't know if those issues are only mental issues. It can also be the fact that Chrisine's game neutralizes Lindsay's strenghts. When it gets close, then most of the times the mentally stronger player wins.

And atm a quarterfinal vs Justine is not bad. After the long layoff and injuries its hard to be 100%. Though we'd prefer Momo, but that's life.
Lets hope Jujinator gets washed out from the Flushing courts before quarters.

GrandSlam05
Sep 2nd, 2006, 08:34 PM
Well, I suppose I admire your optimism Mike. Really part of being a "fan" is to stay positive and cheery, but you can only kid yourself so many times. And at least Lindsay has the weapons to beat la Belgique, some players just don't. But that's part of what makes it even more frustrating. :(

lindsayno1
Sep 2nd, 2006, 08:38 PM
lol mike i used to give lindsay the benefit of the doubt, but you can only do it so many times... Lindsay loses the plot when she plays Christine. She was up at the AO against her this year then she tanks the match... same practically every other match. I cant see her ever beating Christine again. Dont get me wrong she has the game to beat her but i only think she will if she plays like a scrub!

mike/topgun
Sep 2nd, 2006, 09:10 PM
I try to be optimistic, cos back in March I thought we'd never see Lindsay on court again.
She said so many times that she was like retiring next year. And the match against Venus in Stanford'04, against Kim in RG'05 are examples of how things turn around in rivalries. She's capable of doing that. Nobody expects it from her actually. There's no pressure. And maybe she'll have one of those days when every shot is just perfect, her serve's working great and when she's aggressive on return she' s got a chance to dictate play. Maybe JHH will have an off day? You never know. It's sport, it's tennis. If it was so easy to say that she's going to lose the match vs JHH, then what would happen if she gets knocked out by Srebotnik????
Just be realistic people. Not pesimistic. It's a game, so don't get frustrated.
Anything can happen. Don't expect her to lose, or win. It's a match. She needs to fight and stay positive. Most of all she needs to stay healthy. And the RAIN should stop too:umbrella:

hurricanejeanne
Sep 2nd, 2006, 09:41 PM
Well, if I am reading the new order of play correctly, when the rain stops, Lindsay will still play first up on Armstrong. The forecast still calls for rain, but the percentage is lower, there is a chance she'll get her third round in tonight.

Well, Lindsay if you play in this horrid weather, best of luck, please win, and don't get hurt.

crazillo
Sep 2nd, 2006, 10:26 PM
Good luck Lindsay, whenever you will step on court!

blumaroo
Sep 3rd, 2006, 01:02 AM
Is Lindsay's myspace worth checking out?

tennisboi
Sep 3rd, 2006, 01:23 AM

Lindsay has a myspace? :eek:

hurricanejeanne
Sep 3rd, 2006, 01:30 AM
K.
The Sunday OOP is out and Lindsay v. Srebotnik (let's try this again) is scheduled for 11 am EST on Grandstand.

From Ashe night match, to Armstrong afternoon, to Grandstand morning. That's depressing. Whatever.
Just win Lindsay.

!<blocparty>!
Sep 3rd, 2006, 01:38 AM
It's not depressing, she's first up, and that's all that matters.

Go out, 0 and 0. Rest for our QF beatdown. :)

bis2806
Sep 3rd, 2006, 08:10 AM

Whoever made that just probably pretended to be Lindsay, unless there is substantial evidence which indicates otherwise.

Lindsayfan32
Sep 3rd, 2006, 08:33 AM
I had a look on usopen.org about two hours ago and Lindsay is playing first up on the grandstand when the rain stops. But I will stand corrected if that's changed. Can anyone tell me what the weather in New York is doing. What's the likely hood of play for tomorow.

GrandSlam05
Sep 3rd, 2006, 03:39 PM
Whoever made that just probably pretended to be Lindsay, unless there is substantial evidence which indicates otherwise.
As far as I know there is no "Lindsay Davenport" myspace, just a fan group. However, there is a myspace for just about every other top player, but of course it's not really them.

GrandSlam05
Sep 3rd, 2006, 04:37 PM
OMG Lindsay. :rolleyes:

lindsayno1
Sep 3rd, 2006, 04:38 PM
lindsay is playing HORRENDOUS tennis and i cant bleieve she just lost that set! Shes missing by LOADS.

!<blocparty>!
Sep 3rd, 2006, 04:38 PM
Lindsay loses the first set with a ton of errors from 3-3 30-30. Hitting shots wide by metres.

Cute.

chadman569
Sep 3rd, 2006, 04:40 PM
All I can see is the live score. It must be pretty bad from what you are all saying. UGH!!!!

bis2806
Sep 3rd, 2006, 04:46 PM
Where are you all guys watching this from? Eurosport? Is there an online feed of some sort?

LDF
Sep 3rd, 2006, 04:47 PM
Katarina breaks :help:

!<blocparty>!
Sep 3rd, 2006, 04:47 PM
Sky Sports.

Lindsay is going to lose.

GrandSlam05
Sep 3rd, 2006, 04:49 PM
Down a set and a break. I thought she would at least wait until her qf to go to Bali. She must've booked an early flight. I cannot believe what I'm seeing.

mike/topgun
Sep 3rd, 2006, 04:51 PM
Well it seems she's got an off day...or one of those days that women have once in awhile...
You need to hold Lindsay:bounce:

PS. When I was writting my previous post I didn't know that it would be this tough for Lindsay to get to 4th rd.:tape:

GrandSlam05
Sep 3rd, 2006, 04:54 PM
Omg what a struggle to hold!

mike/topgun
Sep 3rd, 2006, 04:56 PM
2-3*
you need to break Kata's serve now, Lindsay:bounce:
she can afford for a later flight to Bali:rolleyes:

If you're watching it, please say what's going on...

GrandSlam05
Sep 3rd, 2006, 04:59 PM
pfew she breaks back! This is reminding me of her '05 AO SF.

mike/topgun
Sep 3rd, 2006, 05:00 PM
bp:bounce:
Lindsay's just broken back!
Now you need to hold, Lindsay:bounce:

!<blocparty>!
Sep 3rd, 2006, 05:03 PM
Lindsay broke in the last game, by, like, keeping the ball in play. Kata DF'd on BP.

This game:

0-15. Horrendous error, Lindsay screams. She's actually trying. LOLz.
15-15. Second serve unreturnable.
15-30. Horrendous second shot from a first serve return.
30-30. Lindsay moves. Kata hits FH DTL long.
40-30. Lindsay hits swinging BH volley back to Kata, uh oh. Then, hits good BH volley.

GAME. FH winner, good defense

4-3 Lindsay.

mike/topgun
Sep 3rd, 2006, 05:03 PM
yes!
now break her again:bounce:

lindsayno1
Sep 3rd, 2006, 05:04 PM
i think her shoulder hurts. shes not hitting it very hard and hitting a lot of short balls

!<blocparty>!
Sep 3rd, 2006, 05:07 PM
Her shoulder seems fine.

0-15. Good return.
15-15. Blah return.
15-30. DF. Let's choke now.
15-40. Luckyn net cord FH winner.

GAME. Amazing point, Lindsay hits a sliced BH passing shot to finish off the point at the net with a short ball and easy volley. Best point so far.

mike/topgun
Sep 3rd, 2006, 05:07 PM
I'm not surprised that she cares:bounce:
2 bps!
break her again Lindsay:bounce:
yea! now hold:devil:

GrandSlam05
Sep 3rd, 2006, 05:09 PM
i think her shoulder hurts. shes not hitting it very hard and hitting a lot of short balls
I doubt it she probably just pulled back because she was making so many errors.

!<blocparty>!
5-3.

15-0. Amazing BH DTL winner.
30-0. Ace.
40-0. Error from Kata.

Set. Ace. She's decided to show up.

GrandSlam05
If she lost here I think it would destroy her.

lindsayno1
Sep 3rd, 2006, 05:10 PM
my GOD! That point to go 5-3 up!! AMAZING and she fist pumped!! WTF - i like it!!! Great last game and a fist pump to welcome the third set. she should breeze this now

mike/topgun
Sep 3rd, 2006, 05:10 PM
second set 6-3:bounce:
now break for a start and then hold your serve, Lindsay:bounce:
24 winners, 19 errors
6 aces, 2 dfs
60% of 1st serves in
could be better

!<blocparty>!
Sep 3rd, 2006, 05:12 PM
I'm bored of updating you lot with crap coverage. :p

This set should be easy.

bis2806
Sep 3rd, 2006, 05:15 PM
Why is it that we get so much crap here with having to watch stupid agassi matches - yet he just finished his first set while Lindsay is in the final :fiery:

GrandSlam05
Sep 3rd, 2006, 05:15 PM
Fuck you, Tim. :p
Up an early break, now lay back and put it on cruise control baby.

LDF
Sep 3rd, 2006, 05:17 PM
2-0 :)

mike/topgun
Sep 3rd, 2006, 05:18 PM
thanks;)
can smell some bagels:devil:

!<blocparty>!
Sep 3rd, 2006, 05:18 PM
She just to rub it in, I could be watching Agassi, Malisse, Safin, Nalbandia, Tati and Nadia. UK coverage. Viva.

Update: Lindsay playing very well, lots of winners. That's all you need to know.

LDF
Sep 3rd, 2006, 05:23 PM
Brilliant forehand winner on the run from Lindsay there :bounce:

mike/topgun
Sep 3rd, 2006, 05:23 PM
thanks...for the update;)

GrandSlam05
Sep 3rd, 2006, 05:24 PM
Lindsay's 2nd serves are soooo slow. I've seen several in the 70 mph range.

LDF
Sep 3rd, 2006, 05:25 PM
Lindsay thought she'd hit a backhand long and stood still with her arms in the air, only for it to be called in - she managed to recover and hit a forehand winner 2 shots later :lol:

And she finishes the game with a smash, taking a 3-1 lead :)

!<blocparty>!
Sep 3rd, 2006, 05:26 PM
Lindsay has fist pumped serveral times with COME ON's in this match.

bis2806
Sep 3rd, 2006, 05:27 PM
Kata is leading 40-0 in this game ?????

LDF
Sep 3rd, 2006, 05:29 PM
Kata is leading 40-0 in this game ?????

Yep, winning two of the points with drop shots (though Lindsay did manage to get her racquet on one).

Lindsay pulled it back to 40-30 with 2 return winners but hit a backhand return in the net on the next point.

bis2806
Sep 3rd, 2006, 05:30 PM
Is Lindsay moving and playing fine? I mean whatever happened in the 1st set, I have absolutely no clue.

LDF
Sep 3rd, 2006, 05:31 PM
Is Lindsay moving and playing fine? I mean whatever happened in the 1st set, I have absolutely no clue.

Her movement has definitely picked up (she was so sluggish to begin with), and her groundstrokes are more consistent than during the first set...

As I say that she hits a backhand in the net to go 0-30 down on serve :rolleyes:

mike/topgun
Sep 3rd, 2006, 05:31 PM
and she's facng 3 bps now:rolleyes:

mike/topgun
Sep 3rd, 2006, 05:32 PM
fight Lindsay:bounce:

LDF
Sep 3rd, 2006, 05:33 PM
Lindsay saves the first by forcing Kata into error with a raking backhand...

She hits an ace on the second...

But hits a backhand in the net on the third when the court was open :mad:

GrandSlam05
Sep 3rd, 2006, 05:33 PM
Here we go again.

bis2806
Sep 3rd, 2006, 05:34 PM
Okay, now this is not looking so good.

LDF
Sep 3rd, 2006, 05:35 PM
Ugh, Kata holds to love to take a 4-3 lead :(

GrandSlam05
Sep 3rd, 2006, 05:36 PM
She'll probably get broken here. Whatever. :rolleyes:

mike/topgun
Sep 3rd, 2006, 05:38 PM
now we gonna tank:fiery:
Bali here we come:rolleyes:

mike/topgun
Sep 3rd, 2006, 05:40 PM
yeeeeeeeeeeees
it's 4 all
now you need to b-r-e-a-k Kata's serve, Lindsay:bounce:

GrandSlam05
Lindsay's strategy: "Well, I don't want to lose to Justine again so instead I'll lose in the 3r before I play her! I'm so smart!"

LDF
Lindsay holds to 30, 4-4.

LDF
Sep 3rd, 2006, 05:42 PM
40-15...

2 poor returns in this game from Lindsay.

LDF
Sep 3rd, 2006, 05:44 PM
Ok, back to deuce with a return winner followed by a backhand winner...

And then a poor forehand error :rolleyes:

bis2806
Sep 3rd, 2006, 05:44 PM
This is nerve-wrecking to see, even only from the scoreboard.

GrandSlam05
Sep 3rd, 2006, 05:45 PM
Had a 3-1 lead and now serves to stay in the match. :rolleyes: