QUALIFIER

vs.

Nadia Petrova RUS (5)

sebbe
Aug 23rd, 2006, 06:05 PM
Wanted to be first or what;)?

sebbe
Aug 23rd, 2006, 06:06 PM
Well I don't know really what to say. Mary have a good draw til 4:th round. Maria will be to hard to beat.

Mark Spruce
Aug 23rd, 2006, 06:08 PM
Well I got the draw to look better easier to look at LOL

saby
mary has a good draw i think !!! it could be worse

Mark Spruce
Yes ;)

Wanted to be first or what;)?

Mark Spruce
Aug 23rd, 2006, 06:11 PM
Mary and Tati could meet as well ???

I am not very good at analising draws or how they work

cakiteror
Aug 23rd, 2006, 06:13 PM
ok,guys i have this big problem,
after last year i started to expect a lot from mary!
i simply forgot that in order mary to win,she has to come out, be an underdog, have lots of fun and finally win!
so mary ,please relax,have fun and enjoy yourself!

cakiteror
Aug 23rd, 2006, 06:15 PM
but i still hate the fact that she plays sharapova in round 4!
i also think that vesnina is dangerous,and na li!

Mark Spruce
Aug 23rd, 2006, 06:18 PM
I am so glad that you now think the same way as me.

Please have fun, relax and enjoy your self mary :bounce:

Mark

ok,guys i have this big problem,
after last year i started to expect a lot from mary!
i simply forgot that in order mary to win,she has to come out, be an underdog, have lots of fun and finally win!
so mary ,please relax,have fun and enjoy yourself!

saby
Aug 23rd, 2006, 06:21 PM
i agree with you !! vesina is dangerous

Mark Spruce
Aug 23rd, 2006, 06:27 PM
I do agree as well.

Time for my favourtie saying in tennis

"One Match At A Time"

mark

Belmont Lad
Aug 23rd, 2006, 06:31 PM
I am just pleased to see Mary in the draw of a Slam again this year. :) I don't care what rd she reaches, I just want her to enjoy her tennis and stay healthy physically. If she reaches her seeded position and faces Masha in the rd of 16, I'll be uber pleased. Go Mary! :) :)

cakiteror
Aug 23rd, 2006, 06:34 PM
i think i would be pleases as well belmond lad!

Paul.
Aug 23rd, 2006, 06:43 PM
i think that it is a pretty bad draw. she could meet na in the third round which would have been really dangerous until i heard of the injury. she really does need to take one match at a time. she just needs to believe in herself. anyway, last year, being the underdog, she beat, jhh, momo and dementieva so who knows?

Paul.
Aug 23rd, 2006, 06:44 PM
Mary and Tati could meet as well ???

I am not very good at analising draws or how they work
for mary to meet tati they would both have to reach the quarters :)

if only...

vanillalatte
Aug 23rd, 2006, 06:44 PM
i hope she'll have a lot of fun :)
... AND i hope ES will show the match! :o

Jackaboo
Aug 23rd, 2006, 07:11 PM
Not too bad of a draw. Lets face it, it's not easy to go far in a grand slam tournament these days; you have to expect difficult matches against tough opponents right from the start.
I have no idea about Mary's shape and game at this time (I'm afraid she's a little bit out of match play), so I guess we'll just have to wait and see. If she gets to the 4rd round that would be great, and from there, anything can happen but it will be difficult.
Like what was said before, I just hope she's healthy and that she enjoys herself.

saby
Aug 23rd, 2006, 07:15 PM
Let's Just Hope That Bolitierie Did A Great Job As Usaul !!! Fingers Crossed

Paul.
Aug 23rd, 2006, 07:22 PM
mary could meet voskeboeva in the 2nd round and she has taken the first set against momo!!! :scared:

Mark Spruce
Aug 23rd, 2006, 08:40 PM
Mine are crossed :wavey:

mark

Let's Just Hope That Bolitierie Did A Great Job As Usaul !!! Fingers Crossed

pierce0415
Aug 23rd, 2006, 08:52 PM
guys I am so upset at this draw
the only 2 things I was hoping for this draw were

1) Mary does not draw Sharapova (25% chance)
2) Mary does not draw Li (my 2nd fave) (12.5% chance)

and they both happened

Wizzy Maryfan
Aug 23rd, 2006, 08:54 PM
Mary had a really bad draw, WHAT A GOOD NEW :worship:

Remember that she lost at first round when she has easy draw so the Us Open begins perfectly !

First round against vesnina, a so much good young player, who beat Groenfeld this summer ! It's a tought first match opponent, so Mary will win it in 2.

Second round, not as easy ! Voskoboeva is able to hold and take a set to Mauresmo, it's a proof that she can be aggressive and regular from the baseline ! Good to see that Mary will have to play a solid game to win it !

Third round against the exceptional newcomer NA LI ! She's a really big threat because she has a "Myskina game" ! She's able to hit the ball quite hard, and she rarely makes an error !
A really good player, so solid from the baseline, a real real danger for Mary !
:bounce:

Then Maria Sharapova, THE BETTER player this summer, who won SAN DIEGO without losing a set, beating Mary quite easily ! She was "the player not to face" and that's why Mary had her in her draw !

Then, quarters, it will be so easy for Mary after having beaten such great players (Myskina, Petrova or Golovin or an unknown one will be in quarters) ! Semis against Mauresmo OR Ivanovic OR Serena Williams OR Hingis ! 4 players SO DANGEROUS, always and always !! Mary will have a great time playing this match, she will enjoy it so much !

Then, final against the other woman of the draw ... perhaps Henin, perhaps Davenport, perhaps Dementieva ... No matter !

Oh Gosh, what a shity draw !

One match at a time, just Mary is happy and healthy and will smile on the court because of happiness !
Just want her not to be injured, and to be TELEVISED ! I hope a great court ... after all, she's the woman in the draw that go the farthest last year !

Go Mary, please, enjoy your Us Open road :cool:

> I hope a new outfit too ! :hearts:

ClaudiaZ-S
Aug 23rd, 2006, 09:14 PM
Good draw except Sharapova

Sund7101
Aug 23rd, 2006, 09:15 PM
If she makes it to the fourth round and beats Sharapova, that might give her the confidence to go deep into the tournament like last year when she crushed JHH. Tough draw is better for Mary. I know she can do it, good luck Mary.

Mark Spruce
Aug 23rd, 2006, 09:19 PM
well as they said "S**T Happens"

well lets just see how things goes.

Mark

p.s still got my fingers crossed.

guys I am so upset at this draw
the only 2 things I was hoping for this draw were

1) Mary does not draw Sharapova (25% chance)
2) Mary does not draw Li (my 2nd fave) (12.5% chance)

and they both happened

Sund7101
Aug 23rd, 2006, 09:31 PM
I'm getting upset. In GM everybody is talking about how easy Maria's draw is and that nobody has a chance against her and she'll just waltz into the semis. Are people really that quick to write Mary off. I hope Mary brings her A-game against whoever she plays so people will see she's still a force to be reckoned with.

Personally I think Mary can beat Sharapova. If Mary is fit it's 50/50. Don't worry people Mary has always done well when she has had a tough draw. Mary can do this and I'm very excited to see her back on court at the Open. Good luck Mary!

Mark Spruce
Aug 23rd, 2006, 09:46 PM
Yeah I was upset as well. Never write Mary off :fiery::fiery:

But less eyes on Mary is the best i think some times. Less pressure it brings some times I think. But that is my point of view.

Mark

I'm getting upset. In GM everybody is talking about how easy Maria's draw is and that nobody has a chance against her and she'll just waltz into the semis. Are people really that quick to write Mary off. I hope Mary brings her A-game against whoever she plays so people will see she's still a force to be reckoned with.

Personally I think Mary can beat Sharapova. If Mary is fit it's 50/50. Don't worry people Mary has always done well when she has had a tough draw. Mary can do this and I'm very excited to see her back on court at the Open. Good luck Mary!

Wizzy Maryfan
Aug 24th, 2006, 12:16 AM
Yeah I was upset as well. Never write Mary off :fiery::fiery:

But less eyes on Mary is the best i think some times. Less pressure it brings some times I think. But that is my point of view.

Mark

u're so right !

In france we have a proverb "Il faut toujours faire attention l'eau qui dort" (enfin dans ce style) ! That means that u always have to take attention to smth which seems to sleep, to be "unoffensive", to be weak ...

So not that bad that Mary is considered as an easy opponent ... !

But for sure Masha will never think like that and will be ready to show her A game too ! But if not, if she thinks "I beat her so easily in San Diego, she's out of shape", she will have a hard time on center court lol !

But, before this so waited match, 1st, 2nd and 3rd match have to be played and WON !
And it's not that easy so we just can't speak about Masha for the moment cause nor Mary nor Masha are qualified for the 4th round until they won their 3rd round match :angel:

Pink Princess
Aug 24th, 2006, 02:47 AM
Good Luck Mary in the US Open! :bounce: :bigclap:

danthepiercefan
Aug 24th, 2006, 03:02 AM
Then, final against the other woman of the draw ... perhaps Henin, perhaps Davenport, perhaps Dementieva ... No matter !

Oh Gosh, what a shity draw

Scary

Lu_Weird
Aug 24th, 2006, 04:37 AM
I don't think Mary have good draw!!! Look at the Myskina's draw! so Wonderful!!!

Lu_Weird
Aug 24th, 2006, 04:42 AM
But Mary is 13 seed!!!! Her lucky number is 13!!!!!!

cakiteror
Aug 24th, 2006, 06:35 AM
and vesnina is doing just fine in forest hills!
tnats bugging me!

DomenicDemaria
Aug 24th, 2006, 07:11 AM
I don't want to look ahead. Anything can happen. First is Vesnina. She is a deadly opponent. If Mary wins then I will worry about who is next.
Good Luck Mary! Just enjoy your tennis and play with no pressure!

Kathrin
Aug 24th, 2006, 08:49 AM
Guys, don't worry so much about how she could face and that the draw isn't that easy! To be a US Open Champion means to beat everybody not just the so called 'easy players'!
I think it's just great to see her playing again and if she is fit she will make it! Come on, it's Mary. She will give the best of her!
We all should be excited and happy and just wait and see..
I believe so much in her and love to see her kicking some asses in my favourite tournament!
Go out there and WIN, Mary! You can go to the wedding later ;) !

saby
Aug 24th, 2006, 11:19 AM

Oh Gosh, what a shity draw

Scary

Dan, doesn't she have to play Vesnina first lol we have time to think about her second round, Vesnina is the first player to beat...

MPStylee
Aug 24th, 2006, 12:53 PM
I agree wth Kathrin! She has to beat everyone no matter who they are!

We Love you, Mary no matter what!!

Mark Spruce
Aug 24th, 2006, 01:43 PM
I like your thinking.

One match at a time, I always think if you look forward too much you will be dissapointed.

Good luck Mary and smile and have fun babe !!!!!

mark

I don't want to look ahead. Anything can happen. First is Vesnina. She is a deadly opponent. If Mary wins then I will worry about who is next.
Good Luck Mary! Just enjoy your tennis and play with no pressure!

Lu_Weird
Aug 24th, 2006, 02:57 PM
I don't like Mary agaist LiNa, NOT AT ALL ..because this girl is like scratchcat(I just worry she will talk sth bad about Mary if she lose the game even win the game) If you notice every interview after Lina's game!

Paul.
Aug 24th, 2006, 03:23 PM
I don't like Mary agaist LiNa, NOT AT ALL ..because this girl is like scratchcat(I just worry she will talk sth bad about Mary if she lose the game even win the game) If you notice every interview after Lina's game!
li na badmouths people? :confused:

Nyangel2103
Aug 24th, 2006, 08:41 PM
I'm going to adopt Mark's philosophy and say "one match at a time." Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Winning a Grand Slam is difficult no matter what your draw looks like. Even it you had the "easiest" draw if you come out and play flat or make errors no matter who is on the other side of the net most likely you're going to lose.

Let's just have faith and take it "one match at a time." When Mary is on she can beat anyone. Let's just hope any of her nagging injuries have healed and that she's physically fit. I know she hasn't played much this year but she's a veteran. She knows how to do this; she can execute as long and her movement is good.

I'm going to the US Open for the first time....Friday night Sept 1, and Saturday Sept. 2. No matter what happens I hope she plays on that Saturday.....can you all cross your fingers for me. I will have my camera ready so I'll be able to share any good pics I get.

I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!

Jackaboo
Aug 24th, 2006, 09:03 PM
Totally in agreement with you nyAngel, well said! Enjoy your trip to the us open, and I hope you'll get to meet Mary.

Mark Spruce
Aug 24th, 2006, 09:07 PM
yipeeeeeeeeeee i have a follower in my philosophy :bounce::bounce::bounce:

I am crossing my fingers for you !!!!!!!! I hope that you have better luck at seing Mary than I did.

If you see her say Hello from Mark !!! It would be cool too see the pics you take.

take care

mark
I'm going to adopt Mark's philosophy and say "one match at a time." Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Winning a Grand Slam is difficult no matter what your draw looks like. Even it you had the "easiest" draw if you come out and play flat or make errors no matter who is on the other side of the net most likely you're going to lose.

Let's just have faith and take it "one match at a time" when Mary is on she can beat anyone. Let's just hope any of her nagging injuries have healed and that she's physically fit. I know she hasn't played much this year but she's a veteran. She knows how to do this; she can execute as long and her movement is good.

I'm going to the US Open for the first time....Friday night Sept 1, and Saturday Sept. 2. No matter what happens I hope she plays on that Saturday.....can you all cross your fingers for me. I will have my camera ready so I'll be able to share any good pics I get.

I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!

1star
Aug 25th, 2006, 08:07 AM
I don't like Mary agaist LiNa, NOT AT ALL ..because this girl is like scratchcat(I just worry she will talk sth bad about Mary if she lose the game even win the game) If you notice every interview after Lina's game!I never heard of such a thing! What a hater :eek: :mad: :fiery:
It's sooooo obvious Li Na is quiet both on and off court. She never wanted to talk much in front of media.

I'm afraid she would curse herself when she did not play well. She did complain about coaching last year which made somebody unhappy.That's all.

squig2k
Aug 25th, 2006, 09:14 AM
R1 Vesnina
R2 Easy?
R3 Na Li
R4 Sharapova

Vesnina and Li are dangerous - but if marys in form she will sweep them away. i jate it when my fave players (elena and mary) draw maria as she is always so ruthless. i think though that mary could take her out if she has been training well! this is mary pierce we are talking about evry1!

squig2k
Aug 25th, 2006, 09:16 AM
I am just pleased to see Mary in the draw of a Slam again this year. :) I don't care what rd she reaches, I just want her to enjoy her tennis and stay healthy physically. If she reaches her seeded position and faces Masha in the rd of 16, I'll be uber pleased. Go Mary! :) :)

i agree - just so glad to be able to see her again. and a 4th round finish is v. respectable indeed, so we should not really be disappointed even though we want her to win all the way :)

saby
Aug 25th, 2006, 10:52 AM
R1 Vesnina
R2 Voskoboeva / qualifier
R3 Na Li
R4 Sharapova

Vesnina and Li are dangerous - but if marys in form she will sweep them away. i jate it when my fave players (elena and mary) draw maria as she is always so ruthless. i think though that mary could take her out if she has been training well! this is mary pierce we are talking about evry1!

Do I have to remind you that Galina Voskoboeva took one set to Mauresmo...(please don't think it was just because Mauresmo didn't play for a while)
For now Vesnina is her apponent, let's see how Mary will get out of this trap

Paul.
Aug 25th, 2006, 12:22 PM
Do I have to remind you that Galina Voskoboeva took one set to Mauresmo...(please don't think it was just because Mauresmo didn't play for a while)
For now Vesnina is her apponent, let's see how Mary will get out of this trap

i think that is the reason :shrug:
she was really rusty after not playing but when she got back into her rhythm, mauresmo was way too much for voskoboeva
:)

Mark Spruce
Aug 25th, 2006, 02:02 PM
I hope that Mary can get off to a good start. I am starting to get nervous a little. I wonder who Mary's coach might be if she does have one.

mark

ScottP53
Aug 25th, 2006, 03:09 PM
I am so glad to see Mary in a Slam event. I too hope she will just relax and enjoy. GO MARY.....HAVE FUN!!!! I'm rooting for you.

zibaas
Aug 25th, 2006, 08:19 PM
Venus is out the draw make any diference for Mary?!

Mark Spruce
Aug 25th, 2006, 09:11 PM
I am not to sure, it might have made a difference if she withdrew before the draw maybe.

Mark

Venus is out the draw make any diference for Mary?!

Paul.
Aug 25th, 2006, 10:11 PM
I am not to sure, it might have made a difference if she withdrew before the draw maybe.

Mark

nope. she withdrew late so instead of moving the seeds around, vera is the 33rd seed. (at least thats what ive heard) :)

i think the LL will just take her place but im probably wrong

Paul.
Aug 25th, 2006, 10:20 PM
nope. she withdrew late so instead of moving the seeds around, vera is the 33rd seed. (at least thats what ive heard) :)

im right :D :lol:

the 4 highest ranked non qualifiers (who reach the final qualy round) are put into a hat and the one drawn out of the hat takes venus' spot

Mark Spruce
Aug 25th, 2006, 11:14 PM
Shame Venus did not withdraw before the draw :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Mark

Paul.
Aug 25th, 2006, 11:55 PM
omg i was wrong!!! zvonereva moves into venus' position and the lucky loser replaces zvonareva ;) they do this so that there is still a seed i that section

sorry :)

Scotso
Aug 26th, 2006, 04:57 AM
Venus would have been seeded way behind Mary, so it wouldn't have affected her anyway.

Scotso
Aug 26th, 2006, 04:57 AM
Allez Mary! Let's have a great US Open! :D

saby
Aug 26th, 2006, 04:47 PM
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/8504/71718522sc2hk3.jpg

MARY AT THE USO PARTY (GETTY PIC)

Mark Spruce
Aug 26th, 2006, 05:59 PM
I have the two pics from the party up on my site now

www.mary-pierce.org

Mary looks amazing and I love the hair

Paul.
Aug 26th, 2006, 08:47 PM
the pics are great thanks guys :)

Sund7101
Aug 27th, 2006, 04:17 AM
She looks great!

ashwu
Aug 27th, 2006, 11:23 AM
li's forehand is pretty unstable. but right now let's just focus on the first round.

Mark Spruce
Aug 27th, 2006, 04:35 PM
I think that Mary will play on Tuesday, as I could not find her name for the schedule of play for Monday.

Best of luck Mary !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark

santhuruu
Aug 28th, 2006, 11:26 AM
I think that Mary will play on Tuesday, as I could not find her name for the schedule of play for Monday.

Best of luck Mary !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark

Yes Pierce will play on Tuesday.

MPStylee
Aug 28th, 2006, 02:13 PM
Go MAry!!! You're a legend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so excited!

aimee20
Aug 29th, 2006, 01:08 AM
second match on tuesday :bounce: :bounce:
go MAry :kiss:

paul B
Aug 29th, 2006, 07:52 AM
Mary decided in 2003 to continue playing only if she improved her fitness and therefore giving her a realistic chance of winning her 3rd Grand Slam title.She came close in 2005 and said she wanted to win Wimbledon and be number 1.
I believe she wouldn't be in the US Open draw this year if she didn't believe those events won't still happen.It doesn't matter what draw she gets and what seed she is.When Mary's ready,WATCH OUT.

totallyeddible
Aug 29th, 2006, 11:56 AM
Go Mary!
You can do it!
Double bagel... maybe!!!

laetitia(jordan)
Aug 29th, 2006, 12:09 PM
Go Go Mary :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

:worship: MARY :worship:

marypiercefan.skyblog.com

Mark Spruce
Aug 29th, 2006, 01:19 PM
And it is on Armstrong as well

you can do it Mary !!!!!!!!!

Marksecond match on tuesday :bounce: :bounce:
go MAry :kiss:

ScottP53
Aug 29th, 2006, 02:01 PM
I have the two pics from the party up on my site now

www.mary-pierce.org

Mary looks amazing and I love the hair

Mary looks great!. Is it too much to ask to see her in the final? GO MARY!

ashwu
Aug 29th, 2006, 03:10 PM
go mary~

Andy.
Aug 29th, 2006, 03:14 PM
Good luck today Mary

saby
Aug 29th, 2006, 04:44 PM
allez mary !!!

saby
Aug 29th, 2006, 04:47 PM
it's raining on new york ....

squig2k
Aug 29th, 2006, 06:22 PM
im sad cos british eurosport might put andy murray on (hes 2nd on another court) instead of mary whos second on armstrong court.
you know what, im getting optimistic about mary. yea, she was handed a tough draw, but we all know she would blaze past sharapova this time last year. she needs these few wins and she'll be back to her best i think

leviathane
Aug 29th, 2006, 10:25 PM
Allez Mary ! :bounce:

Mark Spruce
Aug 30th, 2006, 03:35 AM
Well lets see how Mary will play tommorow. I am off to check the schedule.

Mary will be the 3rd match of the day on Grandstand

ALLEZ Mary

Mark Spruce
Aug 30th, 2006, 10:29 PM
7-5 6-1 !!!!!!!!!

and mary was down 4-1 in the first as well

Well done Mary

Mark

p.s Mark now waits for pics !!!!!!!!!

Kathrin
Aug 30th, 2006, 10:35 PM
:dance: 7/5; 6/1 Let's rock babe!

Mark Spruce
Aug 30th, 2006, 10:37 PM
i loved her outfit !!!

WOW simple and hot

zibaas
Aug 30th, 2006, 10:43 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!
ESPN Showed the last point!!
i loved her top!!!

UUHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Mark Spruce
Aug 30th, 2006, 10:51 PM
one pic up on my site not the best as there is a water mark

Andy.
Aug 30th, 2006, 10:56 PM
Yay woooo hoooo great start to the tournament Mary

Mark Spruce
Aug 30th, 2006, 11:29 PM
An interview with: MARY PIERCE

THE MODERATOR: Questions for Mary.

Q. After the final here last year in which you played Kim, you offered no explanations of any injury you might have had. But watching you, I got the feeling you were hampered, that you were just being noble. Is that incorrect?

MARY PIERCE: Well, I consider that when I go out on the court, if I'm requesting to play, I'm able to play. I mean, most of the time we always have a little something somewhere. That was a year ago. I don't have the greatest memory. I don't really remember (laughter).
I do remember when I played Kim that she played differently than I had expected and I wasn't kind of expecting that, so I was a little bit impatient, I think, when I played here.

Q. What are your expectations here at the Open?

MARY PIERCE: You know, I just hope to do one match better than last year, not much more. No, just always the same: I just always take everything day to day, match by match. I definitely haven't had the same season this year as I did last year. It's a different draw. We've got a lot of new girls out there, too. Like the girl I'm going to play today, I've never played her before.
I don't really look too far ahead. I just take it match by match.

Q. Last time you were out here was an electric environment. Is it frustrating to be having to hang around with the rain delay?

MARY PIERCE: Well, there's not much you can do, and there's not a lot of places you can go. I just try to stay in the locker room, make sure that I drink, make sure that I eat, rest, take naps, listen to music, read, maybe make some phone calls or send some text messages. Just wait (smiling).

Q. Do players find it difficult to get up for matches in this kind of weather? I ask because I note Mauresmo, at the moment, is having a problem with a player that you would not expect she would be having a problem with.

MARY PIERCE: Well, I mean, of course everyone is different. I don't know how other players feel, how they deal with these situations.
It can be tough when you're waiting around all day. When it's your time to play, sometimes you have to be ready in 20 minutes when you've been waiting for a few hours. Sometimes it's tough to get going after that. It's not the first time I've been in these situations before. It's just good training for your patience and your mental training, I guess.

Mark Spruce
Aug 30th, 2006, 11:50 PM
I have 4 pics up now on the site. I did notice that there are not WTA TOUR badge on her outfit !!!

www.mary-pierce.org

sebbe
Aug 31st, 2006, 01:54 AM
Love to see Mary back on court! Love to see her win!! Love that woman;)

ashwu
Aug 31st, 2006, 04:07 AM
my net connction was down right before mary's game. :( hope to see her tonight~

Scotso
Aug 31st, 2006, 04:10 AM
Mary :bounce:

FrenchY52
Aug 31st, 2006, 01:42 PM
Wow Mary ! Difficult 1st set but the 2nd ! wow i was so happy to see her playing like this again. No problem in the next round GO

Mark Spruce
Aug 31st, 2006, 02:12 PM
I hope there are no problems.

Keeping my fingers crossed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FrenchY52
Aug 31st, 2006, 02:18 PM
Dunno if Mary's after-match interview has been posted ? It's here (http://www.eurosport.fr/tennis/us-open/2006/mc_vid28935.shtml)

ScottP53
Aug 31st, 2006, 02:23 PM
Mary has the fourth match at the Grandstand today! I will probably be at my sons' golf meet. GO MARY!! :hearts:

Mark Spruce
Aug 31st, 2006, 02:25 PM
Thanks so much for the link. I will download it when I am at home.

I did post the interview from the US Open site in this thread or the game thread for the first round

mark

Dunno if Mary's after-match interview has been posted ? It's here (http://www.eurosport.fr/tennis/us-open/2006/mc_vid28935.shtml)

ScottP53
Aug 31st, 2006, 02:37 PM
I also thank you for the link. Mary looks very pretty and happy. :)

Jackaboo
Aug 31st, 2006, 03:17 PM
Bravo Mary. Good luck for the 2nd round match!

saby
Aug 31st, 2006, 04:40 PM

this interview was before the first round

pierce0415
Aug 31st, 2006, 04:45 PM
Pierce Finds Her Groove, Rolls Past Vesnina
by Clair Maciel
Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Mary Pierce, the 2005 US Open runner-up, got off to a slow start in her first-round match against Russian newcomer Elena Vesnina. But by the start of the second set, the veteran Pierce was back in top form and cut short Vesnina's US Open debut with a 68-minute 7-5, 6-1 victory.

Thirteenth seed Pierce is coming off of an injury-plagued season in which a right foot injury has limited her to only three events before entering the 2006 US Open. However, any indication of an injury was nowhere to be seen Wednesday afternoon, as Pierce dominated with fluid serve-and-volley techniques as well as successfully firing groundstrokes.

Vesnina took a quick 4-1 lead in the first set, capitalizing on Pierce's errors. But the turning point came at 30-all in the seventh game when Pierce was down 4-2. Pierce drew Vesnina out wide, forcing Vesnina to scramble and hit a short, high return. Pierce pounced on the opportunity, taking the shot early and unloading with a missile of a forehand down the line to reach break point. Vesnina then lost break point as she stood and watched a Pierce groundstroke paint the back line to win the game and put Pierce back on serve.

Pierce broke Vesnina at 5-5 to take the lead when Vesnina netted a backhand slice. During the last game of the first set, Pierce seemed to be back in the zone, and she held at love to close out the first set.

By the start of the second set, Pierce had clearly weathered the storm and dominated through the rest of the match. She gave up only one game en route to her victory, and even flashed a few big smiles after putting away some amazing shots.

Vesnina's game started to slowly fall apart, and Pierce was consistently finding the open spots behind Vesnina for clean winners. Pierce won four of the last six games at love, then came back from 30-0 down in the final game to win the match. Three consecutive errors off Vesnina's racket gave Pierce match point, and Vesnina folded under the pressure to end the match with a double fault.

Pierce will now face Eva Birnerova in the second round.

saby
Aug 31st, 2006, 04:53 PM
DON'T FORGET THAT YOU CAN BUY USO 2006 MATCHES ON EUROSPORT
YOU CAN CHOOSE WHICH MATCHES YOU WANT TO SEE IT'S 10 FOR 15 DAYS OR 3 FOR 1 DAY

if you want to watch mary go head !!!!

Mark Spruce
Aug 31st, 2006, 05:25 PM
Hi Saby,

Will you watch the match this evening ???

I think I will try and buy the match off Eurosport

rsunderji
Aug 31st, 2006, 06:05 PM
An interview with: MARY PIERCE

THE MODERATOR: Questions for Mary.

Q. After the final here last year in which you played Kim, you offered no explanations of any injury you might have had. But watching you, I got the feeling you were hampered, that you were just being noble. Is that incorrect?

MARY PIERCE: Well, I consider that when I go out on the court, if I'm requesting to play, I'm able to play. I mean, most of the time we always have a little something somewhere. That was a year ago. I don't have the greatest memory. I don't really remember (laughter).
I do remember when I played Kim that she played differently than I had expected and I wasn't kind of expecting that, so I was a little bit impatient, I think, when I played here.

Q. What are your expectations here at the Open?

MARY PIERCE: You know, I just hope to do one match better than last year, not much more. No, just always the same: I just always take everything day to day, match by match. I definitely haven't had the same season this year as I did last year. It's a different draw. We've got a lot of new girls out there, too. Like the girl I'm going to play today, I've never played her before.
I don't really look too far ahead. I just take it match by match.

Q. Last time you were out here was an electric environment. Is it frustrating to be having to hang around with the rain delay?

MARY PIERCE: Well, there's not much you can do, and there's not a lot of places you can go. I just try to stay in the locker room, make sure that I drink, make sure that I eat, rest, take naps, listen to music, read, maybe make some phone calls or send some text messages. Just wait (smiling).

Q. Do players find it difficult to get up for matches in this kind of weather? I ask because I note Mauresmo, at the moment, is having a problem with a player that you would not expect she would be having a problem with.

MARY PIERCE: Well, I mean, of course everyone is different. I don't know how other players feel, how they deal with these situations.
It can be tough when you're waiting around all day. When it's your time to play, sometimes you have to be ready in 20 minutes when you've been waiting for a few hours. Sometimes it's tough to get going after that. It's not the first time I've been in these situations before. It's just good training for your patience and your mental training, I guess.

Thanks for that Mark

Mark Spruce
Aug 31st, 2006, 06:52 PM
my pleasure:wavey:

Thanks for that Mark

vanillalatte
Aug 31st, 2006, 07:09 PM
Mark, I can't open your page :confused:

vanillalatte
Aug 31st, 2006, 07:10 PM
ah.. now it works :)

Pink Princess
Aug 31st, 2006, 07:49 PM
Allez Mary today! :bigclap:

Mark Spruce
Sep 1st, 2006, 02:09 AM
well done on the win tonight.

Sorry i was not there to follow you. Have a good rest tommorow

Mark Spruce
Sep 1st, 2006, 02:14 AM
I am having awful problems with my server. Well the company that is hosting it got hacked. And that was like 8 days ago and I have not had mails since then. But i am so glad that now the site seems to work !!

take care

mark
Mark, I can't open your page :confused:

ScottP53
Sep 1st, 2006, 02:50 PM
Mary, I was so happy when I heard you had won. I was on the golf course with my boys and I tried to get my daughter to find out and text message me but she just looked on ESPN and they didn't list your name. As soon as I got home with the boys, before we went to pizza hut for dinner, I looked on the web to find out. Great job! Congratulations! Good luck tomorrow in round three. :wavey: :bounce:

squig2k
Sep 1st, 2006, 04:06 PM
THANKS mark and pierce0415 for the interview and R1 summary!

Mark Spruce
Sep 2nd, 2006, 03:05 PM
best of luck today Mary.

I am starting to get nervous now.

You can do it have fun out there

Mark

SpankMe
Sep 4th, 2006, 11:26 AM
Commiserations to Mary and her fans :sad: It was a nerve racking day for French tennis fans :eek: