PDA

View Full Version : Whats wrong with Marta??

Asif_Nawaz
Aug 23rd, 2006, 07:36 AM
She keeps on losing these ridiculously close matches and it gets frustrated to see scores liek 5-7,7-6,7-5 or 6-3, 6-7, 6-4 to ppl like Brenda Schultz-McCarthy a 36 year old woman whose ranked 375 or something,i mean thats just weird.What do you guys think?

Kim's_fan_4ever
Aug 23rd, 2006, 07:38 AM
Have you seen match against Molik in Montreal?

Asif_Nawaz
Aug 23rd, 2006, 07:42 AM
i was following it online but i mean the matches she does win are most of the time really really difficult and the matches she loses are really really difficult as well.All i can say is she really needs to build up her mental strength as well as her serve, those two things let her down a lot.

--aya--
Aug 23rd, 2006, 09:31 AM
ya.. it is frustrating.. she plays well and goes all the way to 3rd set

A'DAM
Aug 23rd, 2006, 09:41 AM
I dont know... but it is really sad that she keep on loosing those close matches :-(

adam_ads_n
Aug 23rd, 2006, 10:40 AM
It is sad :( I Think it would be 100 times better to us and her to lose like 3-6, 3-6, not 7-5. 6-7. 5-7

TTomek
Aug 23rd, 2006, 10:42 AM
:sobbing:

Aleksz
Aug 23rd, 2006, 11:09 AM
why didn't she come to Budapest :sad:

CooCooCachoo
Aug 23rd, 2006, 11:13 AM
Her losses have been pretty bad. I think Marta should play some ITF events again.

Jakeev
Aug 23rd, 2006, 11:18 AM
I could be just blowing hot air but I was wondering if perhaps some of the problem is mental and that the Radwanska sisters have been grabbing more headlines in Poland?

Just wondering.

Dexter
Aug 23rd, 2006, 11:33 AM
I could be just blowing hot air but I was wondering if perhaps some of the problem is mental and that the Radwanska sisters have been grabbing more headlines in Poland?

Just wondering.Bingo. Sisters are glorified, Marta is being bashed.

Mightymirza
Aug 23rd, 2006, 11:36 AM
I saw her yesterday and she is gorgeous..And fact is she was up 5 4 40 0 on her serve in 2nd set :) but Shaughnesey started hitting out of her mind and one DF from marta and she was broken!!Then again she was veryy pumped after she held for 6 6 I thought she would pull it off but meghann served veryyy well in TB..And sad thing is Marta lost 2nd set on a DF..I really wanted her to win but :sad:

so.krist!na
Aug 23rd, 2006, 11:36 AM
so sad Marta loss:sobbing:she needs to improve psychological quality..and she needs a personal coach..

Mightymirza
Aug 23rd, 2006, 11:37 AM
her situation is kinda like mirzas actually..First player and all to break in top 100 in a long time for poland as well right??Anyways she hits ball harddddddddd and soo flat both her wings..Both of them were bashing the ball..

TTomek
Aug 23rd, 2006, 11:42 AM
so Marta had 3 MPs in a row :hysteric:

mike/topgun
Aug 23rd, 2006, 11:44 AM
Bingo. Sisters are glorified, Marta is being bashed.
fact

but it's a good sign that she's fighting and not letting down in those close matches:yeah:
she needs a spectacular win over a top player:p

Mightymirza
Aug 23rd, 2006, 11:47 AM
so Marta had 3 MPs in a row :hysteric:
Sorry to make you sad but yeah!!

TTomek
Aug 23rd, 2006, 11:55 AM
Sorry to make you sad but yeah!!
going to kill myself!!

bye all :sad:

adam_ads_n
Aug 23rd, 2006, 12:25 PM
her situation is kinda like mirzas actually..First player and all to break in top 100 in a long time for poland as well right??Anyways she hits ball harddddddddd and soo flat both her wings..Both of them were bashing the ball..
I suppose that was a very tight and entertaining match. Do you think that Marta can achieve something on US Open? And what do you think about her play (was it like it was in Montreal, when she was quite consistent, and played a lot winners, and not a big amount of DF and UE?)

Mightymirza
Aug 23rd, 2006, 12:32 PM
I suppose that was a very tight and entertaining match. Do you think that Marta can achieve something on US Open? And what do you think about her play (was it like it was in Montreal, when she was quite consistent, and played a lot winners, and not a big amount of DF and UE?)
Yeah it was a very tight match but she was playing amazing..Both of them actually..They were veryy fast..I dont know marta hits ball so well..She also moves well..Well hope she lives upto her talent soon..Her 2nd serve can be soo hayways at sometime though..They come at crucial points!!

adam_ads_n
Aug 23rd, 2006, 12:37 PM
Yeah it was a very tight match but she was playing amazing..Both of them actually..They were veryy fast..I dont know marta hits ball so well..She also moves well..Well hope she lives upto her talent soon..Her 2nd serve can be soo hayways at sometime though..They come at crucial points!!
I suppose that was typical Marta - unlucky in the endings. And I know she worked a lot on moving on court, so I suppose it pays off now.

I am happy she finally plays amazing in tournaments (and also Meghann - cause I like her too), cause Marta's problem was that she could beat Flavia Pennetta 6-0 in a training match in Warsaw, but then couldn't play at her level against Ana Ivanović in the tournament.

I hope that results will come in US Open. And by the way - are you planning to come to Flushing Meadows as well?

Dexter
Aug 23rd, 2006, 12:42 PM
I suppose that was typical Marta - unlucky in the endings. And I know she worked a lot on moving on court, so I suppose it pays off now.

I am happy she finally plays amazing in tournaments (and also Meghann - cause I like her too), cause Marta's problem was that she could beat Flavia Pennetta 6-0 in a training match in Warsaw, but then couldn't play at her level against Ana Ivanović in the tournament.

I hope that results will come in US Open. And by the way - are you planning to come to Flushing Meadows as well?oh please please please... don't start about this match again :lol: It was the worst match of Ana she actually won! EVER! She played like 5-10% of her potential and it was still enough. :tape:

Mightymirza
Aug 23rd, 2006, 12:44 PM

I hope that results will come in US Open. And by the way - are you planning to come to Flushing Meadows as well?
yeah..But only for one day!! All coz of freakin money!! It makes your life miserable(money :p)(I mean not having it)

adam_ads_n
Aug 23rd, 2006, 12:47 PM
oh please please please... don't start about this match again :lol: It was the worst match of Ana she actually won! EVER! She played like 5-10% of her potential and it was still enough. :tape:
well...I can't disagree. It was a :help: match. But still it's a good comparison, cause with what Marta shown in training she could beat Ana like 6:2, 6:2 there.

adam_ads_n
Aug 23rd, 2006, 12:49 PM
yeah..But only for one day!! All coz of freakin money!! It makes your life miserable(money :p)(I mean not having it)
It's still better than nothing. I dream of going to US Open some time. Have fun :) Maybe you will see Marta / Sania doubles if they play together :)

Dexter
Aug 23rd, 2006, 12:50 PM
well...I can't disagree. It was a :help: match. But still it's a good comparison, cause with what Marta shown in training she could beat Ana like 6:2, 6:2 there.:spit: :bs:

Excuse me. But that was the funniest thing I have ever read on this board.
Like Ana wouldn't be able to rise her level up. :tape: :help:

But I can understand you. There were heaps of sooo clever people that were predicting easy win over Ana. Oh life is brutal.

Mightymirza
Aug 23rd, 2006, 12:51 PM
well one more thing,I think marta and sania are verryy good friends coz when sania was practicing,martas match was going on on stadium court and sania asked her father a few times update of the score!!:) Of course she cared enough to ask!!

adam_ads_n
Aug 23rd, 2006, 12:53 PM
:spit: :bs:

Excuse me. But that was the funniest thing I have ever read on this board.
Like Ana wouldn't be able to rise her level up. :tape: :help:
Well I know you like Ana 100 times more than Marta, but I will tell it once again: If Marta plays at her training level, she would have beaten Ana 6:2, 6:2. And to make it much more understandable for you: It would go like that only if Ana still played such a bad game as she did then.

adam_ads_n
Aug 23rd, 2006, 12:57 PM
well one more thing,I think marta and sania are verryy good friends coz when sania was practicing,martas match was going on on stadium court and sania asked her father a few times update of the score!!:) Of course she cared enough to ask!!
Yes, they are a very good friends on tour. Marta also gets on well with Maria Kirilenko. Marta was among the spectators especially to watch Maria Kirilenko vs. Martina Hingis in Warsaw. She was sitting infront of me in the seats :D (1st seats after press seats). I heard that Marta and Sania also watch each-others matches when they don't practise and they are in the same tourney.

Dexter
Aug 23rd, 2006, 12:58 PM
Well I know you like Ana 100 times more than Marta, but I will tell it once again: If Marta plays at her training level, she would have beaten Ana 6:2, 6:2. And to make it much more understandable for you: It would go like that only if Ana still played such a bad game as she did then.Too bad about so many IFs :p Whole Marta career up to date is based on if's sadly.

And I can assure you I like Ana way more than 100 times not only than Marta but than any other player. Only Justine comes close :)

Oh and I've seen a bit of Marta's training too, but as it was nothing impressive I focused on watching Ana practising :)

adam_ads_n
Aug 23rd, 2006, 01:02 PM
Too bad about so many IFs :p Whole Marta career up to date is based on if's sadly.

And I can assure you I like Ana way more than 100 times not only than Marta but than any other player. Only Justine comes close :)

Oh and I've seen a bit of Marta's training too, but as it was nothing impressive I focused on watching Ana practising :)
I saw both training of Marta on Monday and Tuesday, but I can agree Ana was training also very impressive. (Also saw this training). I rememeber that in the training courts there were Ana, Makiri, Kuzniecowa, Ula, Navratilova, Dani, Venus, and after Ana and Makiri, Dementiewa went to train with Panova :)