PDA

View Full Version : US OPEN Tickets question

Gogo123
Aug 23rd, 2006, 12:01 AM
I am thinking of going to New York to attend the US Open on the first Tuesday and Wednesday.
I want to see the higher ranked players so they will most likely be playing on the showcourts. Is it hard to get tickets at the site with good seats? Or should I buy the tickets online before I go there?

Any other tips would be welcome.

moon
Aug 23rd, 2006, 03:35 AM
I am thinking of going to New York to attend the US Open on the first Tuesday and Wednesday.
I want to see the higher ranked players so they will most likely be playing on the showcourts. Is it hard to get tickets at the site with good seats? Or should I buy the tickets online before I go there?

Any other tips would be welcome.

Arthur Ashe seats are pretty crappy, unless you're gonna pay ALOT of money. Higher ranked player are usually also on the outside courts on the first week. Might as well get a grounds pass.

clonesheep
Aug 23rd, 2006, 03:41 AM
Arthur Ashe seats are pretty crappy, unless you're gonna pay ALOT of money. Higher ranked player are usually also on the outside courts on the first week. Might as well get a grounds pass.
Well said. During the first two rounds most of the action is on outside courts (including Armstrong and Grandstand). It's not worth it paying big bucks for expensive seats in Ashe stadium.

faboozadoo15
Aug 23rd, 2006, 03:53 AM
get armstrong tickets for sure. ashe is crap the first whole week. armstrong is magical, and there's a part of the stadium where you can walk from inside right to the grandstand court. it's pretty amazing.

bottom line: you can get a good seat in armstrong for cheaper than an ashe ticket, im pretty sure.

anyway, a little tip for ya if you REALLY need to get into ashe, you can wait at the exit and ask people who are leaving if you can have their ticket for the rest of the day. i know people who have done this for years, and though i've personally never done it, it seems like it would work because so many people leave early.

clonesheep
Aug 23rd, 2006, 04:07 AM
Among all of the show courts, only Arthur Ashe stadium (and a small portion of Armstrong stadium) have reserved seats. Everywhere else it's first come first serve. A ground pass will go a long way on first Tuesday and Wednesday when most of the action is on outside courts and Armstrong+Grandstand. No need to buy expensive seats for Ashe stadium.

It's OK to buy a cheap tix for Ashe, but use it mostly as a ground pass. Trust me you will spend 80% of your time on outside courts even if you have Ashe ticket. (If you have a printer, it's most convenient to buy your ticket online at ticketmaster. Choose electronic ticket and you can print the ticket right away after purchasing.)

Gogo123
Aug 23rd, 2006, 06:41 AM
Thanks.
So if I get a grounds pass it will get me into Armstrong+Grandstand, right?

moon
Aug 23rd, 2006, 04:39 PM
Thanks.
So if I get a grounds pass it will get me into Armstrong+Grandstand, right?

yes.

msharafan
Aug 23rd, 2006, 04:43 PM
lucky you people you must have gone to flushing meadows before!

bellascarlett
Aug 23rd, 2006, 04:45 PM
What part/how much of Armstrong is for reserved seats? I'm choosing between a reserved seat ticket for armstrong or just a grounds pass on the second day.

i made a mistake and got ashe tix for the first day. :o

FaceyFacem
Aug 23rd, 2006, 04:53 PM
armstrong front few rows and a small section in the shade a bit higher up are reserved, but ultimately it's unnecessary to reserve on armstrong, all the seats are good...

and yes, i've been every year to flushing since '95 :) (plus wimbledon '02 and roland garros this may!)

clonesheep
Aug 23rd, 2006, 05:00 PM
What part/how much of Armstrong is for reserved seats? I'm choosing between a reserved seat ticket for armstrong or just a grounds pass on the second day.

i made a mistake and got ashe tix for the first day. :o
The courtside seats and most of the seats behind the baseline are reserved in Armstrong. But, there are still plenty of good free seats available.

There's nothing wrong buying an Ashe tix. For the first few days, the cheapest tix for Ashe costs only about $8 more than a ground pass. So, you have basically bought a ground pass plus a seat at Ashe that costs you just 8 dollars more. What I and others have said is that it's not worth it buying an expensive (say courtside) ticket for Ashe during the first 2 rounds.

VeeReeDavJCap81
Aug 23rd, 2006, 05:10 PM
Man I really wish I was going :sad:

bellascarlett
Aug 23rd, 2006, 05:36 PM
thanks to those who answered my question. so i'll probably go ahead and just get a grounds pass for the second day. :)