PDA

View Full Version : Yari Shvedova is BACK!!!!

Shvedbarilescu
Aug 22nd, 2006, 06:07 PM
After two months out with a bad ankle injury which required her to be taken off court in a wheelchair at Wimbledon Yari Shvedova has just won her 1st match back 67(3) 64 75 in just under three hours. She was behind 0-3 in the final set too. Once again she gives an amazing fighting come from behind performance to get the win. That she could keep fighting like that after being out so long and be prepared to put her untested ankle through such a struggle say loads about this girls heart. She will be a big star very soon. :bounce:

UDACHi
Aug 22nd, 2006, 06:08 PM
where was this match and against who? i was very sad for her when she got injured. :(

Shvedbarilescu
Aug 22nd, 2006, 06:10 PM
where was this match and against who? i was very sad for her when she got injured. :(

The first round of the US Open qualifying. Against Giulia Gabba (great name that ;) )

TheBoiledEgg
Aug 22nd, 2006, 06:11 PM
Yari ;) :yeah: :D :) well done ;) :D

good to see her back ;) :D

KV
Aug 22nd, 2006, 06:13 PM
Great she's back on the courts with a first round Qual win

CooCooCachoo
Aug 22nd, 2006, 06:24 PM
Giulia just recently lost her father. I think it was a very tough match for both players.

Sharapova's_Boy
Aug 23rd, 2006, 03:48 AM
Yaroslava :worship:

so.krist!na
Aug 23rd, 2006, 03:49 AM
Yari :D :worship:

DevilishAttitude
Aug 23rd, 2006, 10:13 AM
After two months out with a bad ankle injury which required her to be taken off court in a wheelchair at Wimbledon Yari Shvedova has just won her 1st match back 67(3) 64 75 in just under three hours. She was behind 0-3 in the final set too. Once again she gives an amazing fighting come from behind performance to get the win. That she could keep fighting like that after being out so long and be prepared to put her untested ankle through such a struggle say loads about this girls heart. She will be a big star very soon. :bounce:

No. Shvedova has nothing except a serve. If you are consisent and match her power like most Top 100 players, she's gonna struggle.

Top 100 yes, but even Top 50 is pushing it :o

Shvedbarilescu
Aug 23rd, 2006, 11:05 AM
No. Shvedova has nothing except a serve. If you are consisent and match her power like most Top 100 players, she's gonna struggle.

Top 100 yes, but even Top 50 is pushing it :o

I will be sure to bump this post when your prognosis is proven to be complete bollocks :devil: