PDA

View Full Version : why the chinese players are so popular?

alextim
Aug 22nd, 2006, 05:57 PM
they are good players, in progress ... but not yet in the top ten

It seems there are so many people who like them ... I would like to know what do you love about them?

thanks for your answers :)

franny
Aug 22nd, 2006, 05:59 PM
I bet you there are a whole bunch of chinese folks around here. I am one myself. And let me tell you, it's just so great to see your players finally start to develop and become threats. Tennis is actually a huge sport for chinese-americans. I know that most of my friends here who are asian all play tennis. It's great to see China putting in the efforts to develop young players.

chinatennis
Aug 22nd, 2006, 06:04 PM
Because there are a lot of Chinese inside, and they are very courteous, there are very gentle personalities . In addition, I am Chinese after all, certainly like every tennis player of China very much

QUEENLINDSAY
Aug 22nd, 2006, 06:06 PM
I dont see any difference in popularity between european players vs chinese players.

franny
Aug 22nd, 2006, 06:08 PM
I dont see any difference in popularity between european players vs chinese players.

I think that's what the original poster was saying. There is no difference in popularity yet the European players are bonafide stars who have won slams and tournaments whereas the Chinese have been solid but no great acheivements yet.

alextim
Aug 22nd, 2006, 06:20 PM
I think that's what the original poster was saying. There is no difference in popularity yet the European players are bonafide stars who have won slams and tournaments whereas the Chinese have been solid but no great acheivements yet.

exactly ;-)

QUEENLINDSAY
Aug 22nd, 2006, 06:40 PM

I dont meant vs the european stars and slam winners.

Lets say: Golovin vs Na Li
Shiavone vs Peng
etc...

desariofan
Aug 22nd, 2006, 06:53 PM
I like most of the Chinese girls because they are hardworkers. They don't ever give up on any point. I myself am a tennis player and when I see them play, they pump me up so much that I want to go out and hit more.

up!
Aug 22nd, 2006, 06:56 PM
I don't think they are popular.

AllezCumonJiayou
Aug 22nd, 2006, 06:57 PM
i really like them, I don't know why, maybe because they base the game on technique and not just muscly ball wackers, and also they're cute

LH2HBH
Aug 22nd, 2006, 09:24 PM
I think people are watching them carefully and hoping/seeing the possibility that eventually a "wave" will happen similar to the Russians 2004.

andrewC
Aug 22nd, 2006, 10:19 PM
I liked the Chinese players initially because I am from Hong Kong, i dunno, some sort of patriotism i guess. Liking the look of Venise Chan and Jessica Yang at the moment from Hong Kong too :cool:
But another part to it is I like rooting for the underdog most of the time, and to me there is no better (or cuter, sweeter, harder working) example of an underdog than Sun Tian Tian :lol:

Wiggly
Aug 22nd, 2006, 10:28 PM
Maybe because there is more than 1 billion of Chinese on Earth?
But they are not THAT popular? :confused:

IceSkaTennisFan
Aug 22nd, 2006, 10:30 PM
I like them alot. They offer some variety from the Americans and Russians and they have huge upset potential at majors :devil:

Slumpsova
Aug 23rd, 2006, 06:49 AM
they are all cute and such a real fighter :worship:

kfh_9118
Aug 23rd, 2006, 07:16 AM
because I am chinese origin, hence supporting all chinese players :bounce:

Marcus Jordan
Aug 23rd, 2006, 07:23 AM
they are all cute and such a real fighter :worship:

:lol: tuna

BrokewingsPrince
Aug 23rd, 2006, 08:19 AM
I think they play better.they can beat any top players in the short futrue.
The supporters are not chinese only.

Slumpsova
Aug 23rd, 2006, 04:09 PM
:lol: tuna
:confused:

Pasta-Na
Aug 23rd, 2006, 04:11 PM
because they all like to eat tuna ;)

Louis Cyphre
Aug 23rd, 2006, 04:13 PM
they are good players, in progress ... but not yet in the top ten

It seems there are so many people who like them ... I would like to know what do you love about them?

thanks for your answers :)
You know...China...more than 1500000000 people...

treufreund
Aug 23rd, 2006, 04:15 PM
because I am chinese origin, hence supporting all chinese players :bounce:

basically, that is nationalism. :sad: Supporting ALL chinese players simply because they are the same background does not make sense to me. Many people from many nationalities do the same thing however. I feel we should pick our faves based on character, game style ,etc. just my 2 cents.:wavey:

Pasta-Na
Aug 23rd, 2006, 04:33 PM
they will play super within 2 years :bounce:

many upcoming young Chinese players too :D

Pasta-Na
Aug 23rd, 2006, 04:36 PM
they got some good results this year

na-top 20, QF of one G.S, first Chinese player to be seeded in G.S.

jie-top 30, 2 G.S doubles titles and 2 singles titles. doubles ranking #3.

6 Chinese girls in top 100.

Fed Cup :D

They def some top players and at least could fight against them in 3 sets :yeah:

Paul.
Aug 23rd, 2006, 04:38 PM
im a huge fan of all asian players but im not sure why. i guess its just exciting to see china rising up the rankings :shrug: