PDA

View Full Version : what is up with Serra Zanetti????

Farina Elia Fan
Aug 22nd, 2006, 04:46 PM
After a good season last year, this year has been a let-down. She was never going to be a top 50 but a solid top 100 player but now losing 3 and 1 in the qualies lose is very worrying???

what has happened?????

Ferosh
Aug 22nd, 2006, 04:48 PM
Maybe it's the serve.

CooCooCachoo
Aug 22nd, 2006, 04:50 PM
I don't know :sad:

I was shocked to see her not even be a high seed in qualies.

:sad:

On a more positive note, I am really happy Adriana is back :D

UDACHi
Aug 22nd, 2006, 04:50 PM
well, she almost beat patty schnyder. :tape:

--aya--
Aug 22nd, 2006, 05:06 PM
i dont know.. it is odd

Farina Elia Fan
Aug 22nd, 2006, 05:07 PM
Maybe it's the serve.

her serve was awful last year :help: :help: :help:

Ellery
Aug 22nd, 2006, 05:12 PM
Antonella :sad:

tennisfan5
Aug 22nd, 2006, 05:36 PM
where has adriana been? I remember her making the QF of the AO in 2002 I believe and giving hingis a little bit of a tussle. She's like a mini-monica with her 2 hands off both sides

CoryAnnAvants#1
Aug 22nd, 2006, 06:43 PM
Adriana had been out for close to a year with a (I think) shoulder injury. She just made her comeback last week at the 50K in Rimini, but lost 6-2 6-0 to a qualifier. I don't think she'll make it back to be honest. She was in a huge slump to begin with before the injury.

As far as Antonella goes, it might not be a bad idea for her to play one or two 10K's just to get the feeling of winning again. Martina Muller did that a couple of years ago and now she's back in the top 50.

Antonella was never going to be a great player, but she's good enough to hover around the 80-110 range and is far better than she's playing now. Hard to believe she stretched Petrova to three sets in the semis of Bangkok just ten months ago...

:inlove:
Aug 22nd, 2006, 06:48 PM
Adriana. :hearts:

CooCooCachoo
Aug 22nd, 2006, 06:58 PM
Adriana had been out for close to a year with a (I think) shoulder injury. She just made her comeback last week at the 50K in Rimini, but lost 6-2 6-0 to a qualifier. I don't think she'll make it back to be honest. She was in a huge slump to begin with before the injury.

As far as Antonella goes, it might not be a bad idea for her to play one or two 10K's just to get the feeling of winning again. Martina Muller did that a couple of years ago and now she's back in the top 50.

Antonella was never going to be a great player, but she's good enough to hover around the 80-110 range and is far better than she's playing now. Hard to believe she stretched Petrova to three sets in the semis of Bangkok just ten months ago...

Yeah, but Malek is not a bad player. Plus, it was her first match in ages. I think she can get herself to the Top 200 again. Plus, she was quite a decent player in doubles.

Adriana :rocker:

:inlove:
Aug 22nd, 2006, 07:02 PM
Malek is AWESOME.

wally1
Aug 22nd, 2006, 08:04 PM
her serve was awful last year :help: :help: :help:I saw her play Schnyder at Wimby both last year and this. Her serve has definitely got worse.

Darop.
Aug 22nd, 2006, 08:54 PM
I too don't think Adriana will make any significant climb up the ranks.

As for Antonella, I'm a great fan of hers because I love her determination and her "I have a crappy serve and I don't care" attitude, but I think that when she was at the peak ranking of her career, she was over-achieving a tad.

Now she's lost HEAPS of confidence lately, so coming back up again will be hard, even though I must say Antonella's ranking has always been quite see-saw.

spiceboy
Aug 22nd, 2006, 09:40 PM
Antonella has played 20 tournaments so far this year.

She has lost in the first round 17 times :help:

She has lost in the second round in the remaining 3 :tape: