PDA

View Full Version : Hasselt's Gaz de France Stars early commitments: WOW!

Uranus
Aug 22nd, 2006, 05:05 PM
The tournament is a Tier III ($175,000). Just announced by tourn. director Bob Verbeeck.

Clijsters #2
Petrova #6
Vaidisova #10
Myskina #12
Safina #13
Schiavone #15
Groenefeld #16
Ivanovic #17
Ai Sugiyama #29
Nathalie Dechy #32
Elena Likhovtseva #33
Vera Zvonareva #34

Flipkens gets the only(weird, isn't it?) WC.

OMG, this is worth a Tier II! Montreal didn't have such a draw (in the end) :p

tenn_ace
Aug 22nd, 2006, 05:06 PM
those committments don't count for anything anymore especially when it comes to top players.

tenn_ace
Aug 22nd, 2006, 05:07 PM

don't worry, Hasselt still has plenty of time to get into the same position

Kim's_fan_4ever
It looks great for a tierIII tournament, I won't be surprised if half of them withdraws...

-sugi-
:eek: Great draw :) And I am going for a few days :) wow! What a field :eek:

Uranus
Aug 22nd, 2006, 05:08 PM
It looks great for a tierIII tournament, I won't be surprised if half of them withdraws...
This is really likely, actually :lol: Pity!

ewbangkok
Aug 22nd, 2006, 05:10 PM
good field

Ryan
Aug 22nd, 2006, 05:10 PM
The tournament is a Tier III ($175,000). Just announced by tourn. director Bob Verbeeck.

Clijsters #2
Petrova #6
Vaidisova #10
Myskina #12
Safina #13
Schiavone #15
Groenefeld #16
Ivanovic #17

Flipkens gets the only(weird, isn't it?) WC.

Um, by the time withdrawls were done, Montreal had EVERY single one of those players in the draw. Kim, Nadia, Nicole, Myskina, Shiavone, ALG all lost early/retired, but they played at least one match.

Wiggly
Aug 22nd, 2006, 05:38 PM
All those players who will not come to Quebec City :lol: :sad:

But they don't have Daniela. I hope we will :devil: :worship:

Uranus
Aug 22nd, 2006, 05:39 PM
I said in the end, when everyone had withdrawn :sad:

I hope she doesn't lose to Melanie Marois or withdraw :tape:

P_Fer
Aug 22nd, 2006, 05:40 PM
That's a great field for a Tier III

Drake1980
Aug 22nd, 2006, 05:42 PM
Yes great field and it definately leaves many possibilities for Quebec City this year!!!!

njnetswill
Aug 22nd, 2006, 05:42 PM
Does this mean Kim is actually going to play again this year?

CooCooCachoo
Aug 22nd, 2006, 05:45 PM
I hope she doesn't lose to Melanie Marois or withdraw :tape:

Gloria :wavey:

She did not play Marois in Québec. Plus, Marois has been retired because of injury for quite some time.

CooCooCachoo
Aug 22nd, 2006, 05:46 PM
:eek: Great draw :) And I am going for a few days :) wow! What a field :eek:

:lol:

Always funny to see people so happy with top players. Give me lower-ranked players :hearts: That makes me happier ;) Not Ivanovic, Clijsters, Safina, Petrova...

-sugi-
Aug 22nd, 2006, 05:49 PM

Always funny to see people so happy with top players. Give me lower-ranked players :hearts: That makes me happier ;) Not Ivanovic, Clijsters, Safina, Petrova...
Same for me, I prefer lower ranked players and visiting qualifying in tournaments because I like lower players and interesting to see them but it has Clijsters and Petrova and Fran who I really like :cool:

Also, with higher names, the bigger chance I can drag one of my friends along so I don't have to come alone :lol:

SloKid
Aug 22nd, 2006, 05:50 PM

I couldn't agree more.
It's not all about the top 10, 20.

Uranus
Aug 22nd, 2006, 05:51 PM
Gloria :wavey:

She did not play Marois in Québec. Plus, Marois has been retired because of injury for quite some time.
I meant Gloria :lol: Apologizes! ;)

CooCooCachoo
Aug 22nd, 2006, 05:52 PM
Same for me, I prefer lower ranked players and visiting qualifying in tournaments because I like lower players and interesting to see them but it has Clijsters and Petrova and Fran who I really like :cool:

Also, with higher names, the bigger chance I can drag one of my friends along so I don't have to come alone :lol:

I am just hoping the cut won't be too high, because I want Maria Elena to make it ;) If she can get in, she will surely play here and I will try my hardest to find the time and money to go :worship: I might try to go to qualies too. But it's so far from my home :lol:

CooCooCachoo
Aug 22nd, 2006, 05:54 PM
DaniKim,

Please add to the commitment list:

- Ai Sugiyama
- Elena Likhovtseva
- Vera Zvonareva
- Nathalie Dechy

I am so scared Maria Elena won't make it :sobbing:

Uranus
Aug 22nd, 2006, 05:58 PM
Done ;)

Vera Zvonareva playing?? I have to go there!!! It's near Liege :D

CooCooCachoo
Aug 22nd, 2006, 06:01 PM
I guess Bepa is playing. Another player I don't like :( I don't much care for any of the players listed above.

Argh. And I don't think Dementieva will come again.

-sugi-
Aug 22nd, 2006, 06:14 PM
OMGx9999999999999999999999999999999

Sugi is really going? I have to see her

-sugi-
Aug 22nd, 2006, 06:15 PM
I just saw the website,

I hope she plays a day I go, does anyone know if it is possible to buy tickets there?

CooCooCachoo
Aug 22nd, 2006, 06:25 PM
I just saw the website,

I hope she plays a day I go, does anyone know if it is possible to buy tickets there?

Should be no problem. I remember when I went two years back, at the first edition, there was hardly anyone in the stands on Monday and Tuesday. Quite embarrassing really. Only for Flipkens' match the stands were a bit fuller, but still half empty.

CooCooCachoo
Aug 22nd, 2006, 06:27 PM
By the way, it is like Antwerp, you have no chance of seeing players practise :retard: :(

Uranus
Aug 22nd, 2006, 06:34 PM
Why? :D

-sugi-, I disadvise you to go on Monday, there is often nothing to see :tape: Rather Tuesday or later.

-sugi-
Aug 22nd, 2006, 06:36 PM
Thank you, I will probably go Saturday, Tuesday and Wednesday. I hope Sugi doesn't play on Monday though :( Or if she does she wins and plays Wednesday.
Thanks for help :)

CooCooCachoo
Aug 22nd, 2006, 06:53 PM
Oh, if Clijsters does indeed make her comeback in Hasselt, be advised that the day she played will be sold out. But they will make it very clear on what day she plays, so you can order weeks in advance :lol:

:inlove:
Aug 22nd, 2006, 08:05 PM

Oi! The first three are :drool:

spiceboy
Aug 22nd, 2006, 10:51 PM

Clijsters #2
Petrova #6
Vaidisova #10
Myskina #12
Safina #13
Schiavone #15
Groenefeld #16
Ivanovic #17
Ai Sugiyama #29
Nathalie Dechy #32
Elena Likhovtseva #33
Vera Zvonareva #34

No surprise here...and you can add the likes of Schnyder, Hingis, Kuznetsova or Dementieva if Madrid is still up for grabs for them...

Wiggly
Aug 22nd, 2006, 10:58 PM
No surprise here...and you can add the likes of Schnyder, Hingis, Kuznetsova or Dementieva if Madrid is still up for grabs for them...

I hope one of them will decide to go to Quebec for a far easiest tournament :tape: :lol:

Beny
Aug 22nd, 2006, 11:06 PM
And I thought there was a rule: Only one TOP 10 player can play a Tier-III event...
and there are two TOp 10 players in Hasselt`s field.
So the rule doesn`t exist?

Beny
Aug 22nd, 2006, 11:06 PM
3, actually

Carmen Mairena
Aug 22nd, 2006, 11:39 PM
director Bob Verbeeck.

Clijsters #2

:rolleyes: Tier III Queen and One Slam Wonder... :rolleyes:

Flipkens gets the only(weird, isn't it?)

Elke didn't get a WC... Weird, isn't it??? :rolls:

ASP0315
Aug 22nd, 2006, 11:47 PM
I'm hoping Sania does not play here. She will have a better chance in quebec.

All those players who will not come to Quebec City :lol: :sad:

Yes. They will pay her a huge appearence money to get her. Amy Frazier will be there for sure. She is a former World no 13. You guys will get a pretty good line up. :).

KoOlMaNsEaN
Aug 23rd, 2006, 02:26 AM
Tier 3 time to move up to Tier 2 status