PDA

View Full Version : Anna Fitzpatrick Cheering Thread

Pages : [1] 2

spiceboy
Aug 20th, 2006, 12:56 AM
Anna just won 2 weeks ago her first $10K tournament in Ilkley (UK) without dropping a set followed with a semifinal showing (beating Karen Paterson) the following week at $10K Wrexham.

Quite impressive for this young Brit who just turned 17 last April and who didn't win any match in Main Draw this year before this breakthrough (got 8 in a row!) :worship:

http://photo910.tripod.com/sfotohtm/sphoto/fit6973s.jpg

http://photo910.tripod.com/gkopihtm/gkopi/f6973g1.jpg

spiceboy
Aug 20th, 2006, 12:57 AM
http://www.sheffieldtoday.net/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=59&ArticleID=1707671

Anna selected to join elite tennis academy
Tennis

ONLY 17 and leaving Sheffield to join the jet set in Monte Carlo ... it sounds great for tennis starlet Anna Fitzpatrick.

But its the tennis courts not the yachts and the glamour that Anna will be concentrating on as she seeks to make the most of her talent and a great opportunity.
Anna has been selected to join the Monte Carlo Tennis Academy, one of two players out of an eventual 10 who will be hand-picked from promising young talent across the world.

It is an elite international academy with players based at the Monte Carlo Country Club for seven weeks of the year with the remainder of the time on tour on both junior and senior circuits. The Academy is targeting players aged 16 and above and concentrating on producing world class players.

Anna recently won $10,000 dollars when winning the women's singles event at a big tournament at Ilkley and has reached the final of the British National Junior Champion-ships in Bournemouth.

She started playing tennis at the age of five and her accolades include winning the U14 European Tennis Association singles in Portugal, the U15 British National Championships and the Under-18 British Grand Prix.

"She is a tough player loving nothing more than to hit aggressively both from the back of the court and at the net," said Director of Coaching David Sammel who believes she has the right game plan to make a big impact on the tour in years to come. Anna has a clear attacking game plan that is maturing well."

19 August 2006

South Yorks Fan
Aug 20th, 2006, 05:41 PM
You're doing great Anna. :worship: :hatoff: :yeah:

(but what else should I expect from a Sheffield Girl!) ;)

Monica_Rules
Aug 25th, 2006, 03:20 PM
Semis again this week beating Karen again:)

Shes got a really nice game Anne, makes it look so simple. Great serve on the deuce side no extremly powerful but can hit a big one down the tee or a swinger out wide.

In long rallies she seems to come from nowhere to hit a screaming winner aswell.

Hopefully if her great results continue she can be closeto the top 500 by the end of the year.

South Yorks Fan
Aug 28th, 2006, 10:20 AM
:banana: Congratulations on another great week Anna! :banana:

3 Finals and a semi-final in 4 consecutive tournaments is pretty impressive tennis.:hatoff: :yippee: :woohoo:

Keep it going Sheffield's Finest.:D :D

*hingis_forever*
Mar 16th, 2007, 06:40 PM
Anna is in the semis of the $10K in Sunderland after a poor start to the year. She beat Ana Veselinovic 67 64 62 today and faces the #2 seed Aurelie Vedy of France in the semis! It's tough but Anna can do it if she's on form! Go Anna! :bounce:

Monica_Rules
Mar 16th, 2007, 06:44 PM
Keep it up Anna. Would be great to see her get a wimbeldon quallies WC this year she can get closer to the top 500.

WIMBY
Mar 16th, 2007, 07:00 PM
Good luck :)

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 19th, 2007, 12:34 PM
Anna won her 1st rd quali match at Wimbledon
7-5 6-0 ;) :woohoo: ;) :D

good luck in r2 now ;)
go Anna ;) :D

WIMBY
Jun 19th, 2007, 03:17 PM
:)

Natash.
Jun 19th, 2007, 04:06 PM
Anna won her 1st rd quali match at Wimbledon
7-5 6-0 ;) :woohoo: ;) :D

good luck in r2 now ;)
go Anna ;) :D

:hearts: Good job, Anna!

I saw Anna on the Tennis Channel during this tournament for young British players and I was very impressed by her game.

Does anyone have any more pictures of her?

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 19th, 2007, 06:12 PM
no pics but
i got a couple of clips of her i took at Birmingham last week on YouTube :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYU5GjsxUp8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICb9R2WSUus

Natash.
Jun 19th, 2007, 06:13 PM
no pics but
i got a couple of clips of her i took at Birmingham last week on YouTube :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYU5GjsxUp8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICb9R2WSUus

Thanks TBE! :D :worship:

Natash.
Jun 19th, 2007, 06:15 PM
From watching her live, what kind of potential do you think she has?

I've only seen her in that tournament being shown in the Tennis Channel and it was only small highlights. :(

Highlandman
Jun 19th, 2007, 06:16 PM
Impressive scoreline at the end :yeah: Namigata is a good player. Keep going Anna :D

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 19th, 2007, 06:19 PM
From watching her, what kind of potential do you think she has?

if only there were more grass tourns ;)
this win is gonna lift her towards top 400
she hasnt played much on circuit either, plus she's not too bad on hard courts either.
top 200 maybe but who knows for sure, she's got some good coaches now at LTA to help.

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 19th, 2007, 06:25 PM
a BBC feature on Anna :banana: at Roehampton
more tomorrow

Road to Wimbledon

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/43064000/jpg/_43064497_fitz_152.jpg Fitzpatrick will be playing in the junior event at Wimbledon

With Wimbledon looming the BBC Sport website will be following the progress of Briton Anna Fitzpatrick through qualifying and at The Championships themselves.
The 18-year-old from Sheffield is currently ranked 489 in the world, 15 in Britain and trains at the Monte Carlo Tennis Academy.
She is already assured of a place at Wimbledon's junior event and after winning two matches in the LTA play-offs last week she earned a wildcard into the qualifying rounds for the women's singles.
UPDATE: Anna beat Japan's Junri Namigata 7-5 6-0 on Tuesday and is now two wins from a place in the main draw.
"I'm pleased to win convincingly in my first match but now I must move forward to the next match and not be content," she said.

"I'm definitely excited about playing in my first Wimbledon," says Fitzpatrick.
"Last year I played qualifying for the junior event at Roehampton but lost in the final round. This time, it's especially rewarding because I had to win some matches to earn my wildcard, it wasn't just handed to me.
"I was really happy - and pretty surprised - after my second win in the play-offs and I was told my next match would be in Wimbledon qualifying.
"Even though I only had to win two matches, they were both tough and I felt like I'd earned it.
"Over the past few weeks on the grass, I proved that I can compete and be tough at this level, so I'm really looking forward to putting my game on the court and seeing how it hurts people at the top.
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/shared/img/o.gifhttp://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/43061000/jpg/_43061429_fitz_270.jpg

I want to be getting into the main draws through my ranking and not through wildcards as soon as possible

"Being part of the Monte-Carlo Tennis Academy and having the famous Country Club as a base is fantastic, and I think that will help when it comes to playing at big tournaments such as Wimbledon.
"Training regularly at a Masters Series club shows you that it's no big deal. When you travel a lot, you get used to working hard in different environments and you realise that a tennis court is a tennis court, wherever it is in the world.
"Monte Carlo is also the base for a number of top professionals such as Novak Djokovic, Ivan Ljubicic, Jonas Bjorkman, Thomas Johansson, Justine Henin and Daniela Hantuchova, so I get the opportunity to watch them practise on court and see them train in the gym, which is a great learning experience.
"I want to become a Grand Slam champion like some of them, and that is always at the back of my mind, but for now, I'm just concentrating on improving my game every time I step on a court.
"I want to be getting into the main draws through my ranking and not through wildcards as soon as possible, but that could be next year, the year after or three years from now.
"Because this will be my first senior Grand Slam, I don't have any expectations going into the tournament.
"There would be too many things to take into consideration, like who I'm going to play and how I'll be feeling on match day. I like to take each match as it comes and keep my head in the present.
"I went to Wimbledon for the first time in 1998 having travelled down from Sheffield with my parents and my friend Joe.
"We all stayed in a tent overnight, apart from my mum who got too cold so she slept in the car.
"Before we left Sheffield, my mum had supposedly sprayed the tent to make it waterproof, but I think she made that up because it rained so heavily that night, all our clothes and sleeping bags got completely soaked!
"I loved watching Pete Sampras, he was the best player in the world when I was growing up. I liked to watch Pat Rafter, too.
"I told my coach the other day that I didn't know why I liked to watch him, and in the end we concluded that it was because I thought he was fit!
"I also admired Martina Hingis, she never looked rushed when she played and also had excellent timing.
"To play at Wimbledon, where they were all so successful, will be very special." Anna will be returning later in the week to let us know how her qualifying campaign went and look ahead to the start of The Championships.

Natash.
Jun 19th, 2007, 06:25 PM
if only there were more grass tourns ;)
this win is gonna lift her towards top 400
she hasnt played much on circuit either, plus she's not too bad on hard courts either.
top 200 maybe but who knows for sure, she's got some good coaches now at LTA to help.

Ah. Thanks! :D

Hope the coaches help her grow as a player and it will show in her rankings.

Natash.
Jun 19th, 2007, 06:29 PM
a BBC feature on Anna :banana: at Roehampton
more tomorrow

Road to Wimbledon

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/43064000/jpg/_43064497_fitz_152.jpg Fitzpatrick will be playing in the junior event at Wimbledon

With Wimbledon looming the BBC Sport website will be following the progress of Briton Anna Fitzpatrick through qualifying and at The Championships themselves.
The 18-year-old from Sheffield is currently ranked 489 in the world, 15 in Britain and trains at the Monte Carlo Tennis Academy.
She is already assured of a place at Wimbledon's junior event and after winning two matches in the LTA play-offs last week she earned a wildcard into the qualifying rounds for the women's singles.
UPDATE: Anna beat Japan's Junri Namigata 7-5 6-0 on Tuesday and is now two wins from a place in the main draw.
"I'm pleased to win convincingly in my first match but now I must move forward to the next match and not be content," she said.

"I'm definitely excited about playing in my first Wimbledon," says Fitzpatrick.
"Last year I played qualifying for the junior event at Roehampton but lost in the final round. This time, it's especially rewarding because I had to win some matches to earn my wildcard, it wasn't just handed to me.
"I was really happy - and pretty surprised - after my second win in the play-offs and I was told my next match would be in Wimbledon qualifying.
"Even though I only had to win two matches, they were both tough and I felt like I'd earned it.
"Over the past few weeks on the grass, I proved that I can compete and be tough at this level, so I'm really looking forward to putting my game on the court and seeing how it hurts people at the top.
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/shared/img/o.gifhttp://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/43061000/jpg/_43061429_fitz_270.jpg

I want to be getting into the main draws through my ranking and not through wildcards as soon as possible

"Being part of the Monte-Carlo Tennis Academy and having the famous Country Club as a base is fantastic, and I think that will help when it comes to playing at big tournaments such as Wimbledon.
"Training regularly at a Masters Series club shows you that it's no big deal. When you travel a lot, you get used to working hard in different environments and you realise that a tennis court is a tennis court, wherever it is in the world.
"Monte Carlo is also the base for a number of top professionals such as Novak Djokovic, Ivan Ljubicic, Jonas Bjorkman, Thomas Johansson, Justine Henin and Daniela Hantuchova, so I get the opportunity to watch them practise on court and see them train in the gym, which is a great learning experience.
"I want to become a Grand Slam champion like some of them, and that is always at the back of my mind, but for now, I'm just concentrating on improving my game every time I step on a court.
"I want to be getting into the main draws through my ranking and not through wildcards as soon as possible, but that could be next year, the year after or three years from now.
"Because this will be my first senior Grand Slam, I don't have any expectations going into the tournament.
"There would be too many things to take into consideration, like who I'm going to play and how I'll be feeling on match day. I like to take each match as it comes and keep my head in the present.
"I went to Wimbledon for the first time in 1998 having travelled down from Sheffield with my parents and my friend Joe.
"We all stayed in a tent overnight, apart from my mum who got too cold so she slept in the car.
"Before we left Sheffield, my mum had supposedly sprayed the tent to make it waterproof, but I think she made that up because it rained so heavily that night, all our clothes and sleeping bags got completely soaked!
"I loved watching Pete Sampras, he was the best player in the world when I was growing up. I liked to watch Pat Rafter, too.
"I told my coach the other day that I didn't know why I liked to watch him, and in the end we concluded that it was because I thought he was fit!
"I also admired Martina Hingis, she never looked rushed when she played and also had excellent timing.
"To play at Wimbledon, where they were all so successful, will be very special." Anna will be returning later in the week to let us know how her qualifying campaign went and look ahead to the start of The Championships.

:lol:

She seems like a nice girl.

It's great that she's getting this exposure and she's also not content in just taking WCs and she's willing to earn it. :D

Mforensic
Jun 20th, 2007, 02:04 AM
Good luck to her tomorrow!

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 20th, 2007, 03:23 AM
good luck Anna vs Mathilde Johansson ;)

Natash.
Jun 20th, 2007, 01:14 PM
Anna lost 6-1 6-2. :sad:

So both Sorana and Anna lost today. :fiery:

Natash.
Jul 4th, 2007, 08:49 PM
I'm watching Anna's match right now on Wimbledon live against the 4th seed and she's quite aggressive, going for her shots a lot. Her groundstrokes are nice and so is her serve. Her opponent isn't being very aggressive at the moment and it's helping Anna.

So far, a nice quality match.

Natash.
Jul 4th, 2007, 08:54 PM
Milevskaya is playing quite well now. I hope Anna ups her game.

Natash.
Jul 4th, 2007, 08:54 PM
Double faulting at 30-30 :tape:

Natash.
Jul 4th, 2007, 08:55 PM
Good serve from Fitzpatrick saves the break point.

Natash.
Jul 4th, 2007, 08:56 PM
Some great shots full of power and placement saves the second breakpoint.

Natash.
Jul 4th, 2007, 08:56 PM
Another double fault from Anna gives Milevskaya another break point chance.

Natash.
Jul 4th, 2007, 08:58 PM
Finally, advantage Fitzpatrick.

Natash.
Jul 4th, 2007, 08:59 PM
She holds and it's now 3-3.

The wind is really blowing out there!

Natash.
Jul 4th, 2007, 09:01 PM
2 break points for Anna! :banana: Nice saves in that point!

Natash.
Jul 4th, 2007, 09:01 PM
She breaks! *4-3 now!

Natash.
Jul 4th, 2007, 09:05 PM
7 of Fitzpatrick's serves has been unreturned.

She's serving at *40-0 *4-3

She holds! 5-3*

Natash.
Jul 4th, 2007, 09:06 PM
Nice volleying from Milevskaya.

Natash.
Jul 4th, 2007, 09:11 PM
Anna wins the first set against the 4th seed *6-4!

Some beautiful winners there from Fitzpatrick. :drool:

Natash.
Jul 4th, 2007, 09:14 PM
Milevskaya has called the trainer.

Natash.
Jul 4th, 2007, 09:24 PM
Match suspended. :( Anna is down a break 0-2 in the second set.

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:54 AM
so far so good for Anna ;)
saw her in doubles at wimby and she was not helped by a useless Emily WS :rolleyes:

Natash.
Jul 5th, 2007, 12:54 PM
so far so good for Anna ;)
saw her in doubles at wimby and she was not helped by a useless Emily WS :rolleyes:

:lol: :tape:

She is serving for the match now against the 4th seed 5-4!

Natash.
Jul 5th, 2007, 12:55 PM
30-15!

Natash.
Jul 5th, 2007, 12:55 PM
2 match points!

Natash.
Jul 5th, 2007, 12:57 PM
She does it! She's beats the 4th seed and the #3 in the juniors ranking, Ksenia Milevskaya in straight sets 6-4 6-4. :banana:

Monica_Rules
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:45 PM
Great win for Anna :)

Mforensic
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:03 PM
Anna is kicking some butt...this is awesome!

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 5th, 2007, 06:29 PM
wow Anna :bolt:
wish they could have played on same court as yesterday, no cameras :(

keep on going Anna ;)

Natash.
Jul 5th, 2007, 07:36 PM
wow Anna :bolt:
wish they could have played on same court as yesterday, no cameras :(

keep on going Anna ;)

Yeah. Anna was really playing great, very aggressive. Milevskaya was also quite impressive but a little tenative from the second set stats and was really eating the errors. :tape:

Natash.
Jul 5th, 2007, 07:40 PM
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/8474/io27476gallerytf3.jpg

IMPOSSIBLE
Jul 5th, 2007, 07:40 PM
Anna :)

Natash.
Jul 5th, 2007, 11:31 PM
Uploading the first set for fun. :p

Natash.
Jul 6th, 2007, 01:02 AM
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KYDY3IWM

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 6th, 2007, 11:44 AM
thanx Kaeli :)

Anna feature again on BBC ;)

Road to Wimbledon

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42459000/jpg/_42459062_fitz2_203.jpg Fitzpatrick is playing in her last ever junior event

Anna Fitzpatrick is the last remaining Briton in the girls' singles at Wimbledon, and the BBC Sport website has been following her progress.
The 18-year-old from Sheffield is currently ranked 489 in the world, 15 in Britain, and trains at the Monte Carlo Tennis Academy.
She beat fourth seed Ksenia Milevskaya of Belarus 6-4 6-4 on Thursday to reach the last 16 and here she describes how she did it.

"It's been a strange week with all the rain and a lot of media interest in me today, but I'm still in the junior tournament, I've beaten a seed, and I'm English so I don't mind the rain!
"In the locker room, a lot of the other girls were getting stressed, saying 'I want to go home, I've had enough of this,' but I didn't mind at all - I'm really relaxed when it rains. I'm quite a relaxed person really.
"Before I go out on court I do a warm-up, and I prepare mentally for the match so that I know exactly what to do when I get on the court. You need to go out confidently, and with complete belief that you are going to beat whoever you are playing.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/shared/img/o.gif606: DEBATE
Your thoughts on tennis development in the UK (http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A24106042)

"My coaches from the Monte Carlo Tennis Academy talk to me to make sure I have the right tactics. After winning my first round in the junior singles, my second match against fourth seed Ksenia Milevskaya on Wednesday was delayed all day by rain.
"At 8pm, I thought they were going to bag it and that we wouldn't get on court. But they told us we had to wait, so there was just me and my opponent left in the locker room - everyone else had gone home!
"I don't know why but I quite enjoy playing at night, whereas the other girl was getting annoyed. When it was 3-2 in the first set, her coach was telling her to try to get the match suspended but we played for another 45 minutes, and that helped me.
"I won the first set 6-4. That night, I was happy with the way I had played, and even though I was 0-2 down in the second, I knew I could still win.
"Overnight I didn't really think about the match. You probably think that when you wake up the next morning during Wimbledon that you would think about the match straight away, but I was thinking about other things that I was going to do.
"I don't know why, but I wasn't thinking about the match at all, and it probably helped me to stay relaxed. It's an advantage of my personality I think - it could be a disadvantage because you could get too relaxed, but if you get the balance right, it can help you play well.
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/shared/img/o.gifhttp://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42459000/jpg/_42459056_fitz_270.jpg

I looked at the television monitor and saw that I had as many interview requests as Marcos Baghdatis!

"Also, when I go on court, I pretend that I'm two games worse off than I really am, so that I am really working hard to get a break back, even if I'm level in the match!
"That helps me to stay calm when it's close to the end - if I'm winning 5-0, I pretend it's only 3-0 and just another game I need to win. I came back and won the second set 6-4 to win the match, but I didn't get over-excited.
"OK, she's the fourth seed, but I don't take too much notice of rankings. I just try to beat whoever is in front of me. I used to play the name and ranking of my opponent a lot more, but now I try to just play the ball.
"My game is all about coming to the net, to control as many points as I can. I serve and volley every so often to mix it up and from the back of the court I am always looking to attack. If I do that, and I work the points well, I am tough to beat on grass. There are not many players, even at the top, who come to the net.
"Justine Henin and Amelie Mauresmo do, and just look at what happens when they do it. They are able to destroy the opposition because they have an extra dimension to their games.
"It gives me confidence to know that I have the ability to volley. It's what my whole game is built upon. I've been working on it for three-and-a-half years now. At the start I was just kamikaze - rushing to the net without knowing what I was doing, and getting passed for fun.
"The more you do it though, and the stronger you get by working in the gym, the easier it gets. At the start, I didn't want to do it, but it was a matter of trusting my coaches.
"They made a contract up for me when I was 15 that I had to sign to say that I had to serve and volley on one point in every game, and that I had to return and come to the net at least once a game as well. If I didn't keep to the contract, they fined me!
"I'm glad that we did that, because if we hadn't I would have stayed at the back of the court and never learned how to volley. It's more natural to me now, and I feel I know when is the right time to come to the net.
"The opponents don't like to play against it because they aren't used to it. The girl I played today didn't have the best serve, so as long as I attacked her, she was getting rushed.
"It was really strange afterwards because I looked at the television monitor and saw that I had as many interview requests as Marcos Baghdatis! I had only ever done one or two before, but it was fun.
"I told the journalists a few more of the nicknames my brothers have given me, so my brothers are proud of me for that! I'll also be on local BBC television tonight, so my Grandma will like that. Hopefully I can keep it going." Anna will return later in The Championships to tell us more about her first experience of the All England Club.

Mforensic
Jul 6th, 2007, 01:57 PM
She is having one sweet ride!

Mforensic
Jul 6th, 2007, 04:20 PM
Anna is into the Quarters is currently in battle to get to the semis!!!!! Her last match was ver tight (bageled in the second set) I hope she can pull this out!!!!

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 6th, 2007, 05:21 PM
Anna won her QF match as well 62 75 vs Brodsky

3 wins in one day :bowdown: ;) :hug:

Mforensic
Jul 6th, 2007, 05:25 PM
Yes!!! Anna into the semis to face either the #1 or #6 seed!!! Go Anna!!!!!!!

Natash.
Jul 6th, 2007, 05:34 PM
Grats Anna! :banana:

What a way to go in your final junior GS tournament.

*hingis_forever*
Jul 6th, 2007, 06:57 PM
Anna :worship: This should be such a confidence booster to really get her pro career on a roll!

Highlandman
Jul 6th, 2007, 07:49 PM
Anna :yeah: Keep going! :bounce:

Natash.
Jul 6th, 2007, 07:49 PM
I looked at the television monitor and saw that I had as many interview requests as Marcos Baghdatis!

:lol:

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 6th, 2007, 08:55 PM
Anna won her doubles match with Jade Curtis winning a champs TB in 3rd set 10-1

i was impressed with Anna at Birmingham, and she's really come on good here.

Natash.
Jul 6th, 2007, 09:01 PM
Anna won her doubles match with Jade Curtis winning a champs TB in 3rd set 10-1

i was impressed with Anna at Birmingham, and she's really come on good here.

Wow. 3 matches all in one day. She must be really fit.

Mforensic
Jul 6th, 2007, 09:15 PM
Anna plays Urszula Radwanska tomorrow....will be an interesting match!

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 6th, 2007, 11:18 PM
. Fitzpatrick - 6 July
Friday, 6 July, 2007

A. FITZPATRICK/G. Brodsky
6‑2, 7‑5
THE MODERATOR: Anna Fitzpatrick. Questions.

Q. Must be very pleased.
ANNA FITZPATRICK: Yeah, definitely.

Q. How surprised are you? Two matches in a day, some task.
ANNA FITZPATRICK: Yeah, I didn't realize this morning I was going to have to play two. When I found out, I was quite relaxed about it.
I just went to calm down, spoke to my coaches. I was fine going on court. I was ready and prepared.

Q. What does it feel like to be in the semifinals?
ANNA FITZPATRICK: Really good. Also coming into the tournament, I knew that I could get a long way in the tournament. So, like, it's not a huge surprise to me.

Q. Is it important to feel tonight when you sort of finish that you've not achieved everything you've set out to do?
ANNA FITZPATRICK: Yeah.

Q. You don't want to feel like this is the achievement, to reach the semifinal.
ANNA FITZPATRICK: No, no. I'm taking each match at a time. First round, I mean, coming in the first day I didn't know if I was going to reach Round 2.
I'm just taking one match at the same time. If I win tomorrow, great, then I can start thinking about the final. Until then, I've still got another match to play.

Q. Can you tell us a bit about being in Monte‑Carlo, how long you've been there‑Carlo?
ANNA FITZPATRICK: Yeah. I started in Monte‑Carlo in about August, September last year, which is when the academy started. Before that I was in Leeds, Leeds LTA academy. It was the same three coaches there, then started at Monte‑Carlo.
Training there is really good. So many of the top players, like top 10 players, train there. It's a great atmosphere, really good experience every time I'm there.

Q. If you get any winnings, is it tax free?
ANNA FITZPATRICK: Don't get winnings in juniors.

Q. In terms of the area, Sheffield, is that where all the flooding has been?
ANNA FITZPATRICK: Yeah. Like two minutes from my house. My house is halfway up a hill, so that's fine. At the bottom of that hill is where a boy got swept away in a park and killed. All around the hill where my house is is really flooded.

Q. Any other family or friends been flooded at all then?
ANNA FITZPATRICK: I haven't spoken to ‑‑ except for my immediate family, I haven't spoken to any of my relatives really since I've been down here. I haven't been home for a few weeks either, so I haven't seen it.

Q. Are your family watching today?
ANNA FITZPATRICK: No. I played the senior doubles last weekend. They came down to watch that. They're all at work this week so they can't come. Maybe tomorrow they might be able to. I'm not sure yet.

Q. Your brother's nickname for you, how long have you had that one?
ANNA FITZPATRICK: Just developed over time. I've got so many nicknames at home, it's ridiculous.

Q. Go on.
ANNA FITZPATRICK: I get called seriously everything. My oldest brother calls me Girl or It. I get called Deirdre or Gertrude or Trudy. They're all just completely random. Just made up out of nothing, I suppose.

Q. You're the youngest?
ANNA FITZPATRICK: Yeah, the youngest. I've got three older brothers.

Q. No sisters?
ANNA FITZPATRICK: No sisters, no.

Q. Any there more nicknames in relation to tennis, apart from Fat Bloke and Big Nuts?
ANNA FITZPATRICK: I don't think so. Those are the main ones. I don't think there is. They always refer to me as being a guy. Don't know why.

Q. Has it been difficult being away from your family or from home?
ANNA FITZPATRICK: No. I mean, when I was 12, I moved to Leeds to go to a boarding school. So between 12 and 16, 17, I was only home some weekends.
I've been used to traveling with tournaments and with school since I was 12. I got used to it. Even before that I used to go for tennis camps and stuff to Bisham Abbey, so I got used to it young. I don't mind it. It's also nice to be away from my brothers.

Q. You've not played that many junior events, have you?
ANNA FITZPATRICK: No, I haven't.

Q. Will you be playing New York?
ANNA FITZPATRICK: No, I don't think I will. This was basically my only junior tournament this year. Just focus on this. All the rest is seniors now.

Q. The academy, you're learning your trade on tour, in Monte‑Carlo for seven weeks. What have you done this year, how much you travel, your itinerary?
ANNA FITZPATRICK: It's good. It's kind of scheduled really well. We do like two‑week or three‑week training block with mostly physical work and a little bit of tennis on court to get strong, fit and fast.
Then we go and do a block of tournaments. At the end of a block, we'll have maybe one or two weeks and rest where we go home and relax with our families and stuff, then basically start again with another physical block.

Q. Monte‑Carlo is not the cheapest place in the world to live. Do you live in quite a small apartment?
ANNA FITZPATRICK: Because we're only there for seven or eight weeks of the year, we stay ‑‑ it's a bit like a holiday resort. Just get the rooms for like two weeks at a time when we're there. It's actually in the south of France where we stay.
It's only 10 minutes from the country club. It's not actually in Monte‑Carlo. Where we eat in the club in Monte‑Carlo, it's really nice.

Q. Are you funded by the LTA?
ANNA FITZPATRICK: Yeah, they do give us funding. They've helped us quite a lot, the LAT.

Q. It sounds very glamorous living in Monte‑Carlo. Is it?
ANNA FITZPATRICK: Of course, there are nice aspects to it. The view and surroundings are unbelievable. But then when you're training there, it wouldn't make a difference where you are in the world, where you train.
It's just on a tennis court, same as any tennis court in the world. Obviously it's nice when you come off court to have those surroundings, that atmosphere around you.

Q. Would you hope now the LTA would perhaps increase your funding?
ANNA FITZPATRICK: It would be nice. It would be nice, yeah. I mean, I don't really deal with any of that financial side of it.
THE MODERATOR: As a board member of the LTA, I'll can tell you that LTA is very happy to fund success. Anna is success, and a great result is exactly what we're looking for in funding the young stars of tomorrow.

Q. Is it Felix Stowe next week?
ANNA FITZPATRICK: Yeah, Felix Stowe 25, then Canada for three weeks for Canada for challengers and 110.

Q. Do you know who you're playing in the semifinal yet?
ANNA FITZPATRICK: No.

Q. They're on court.
ANNA FITZPATRICK: They're both good players definitely.
THE MODERATOR: You have a doubles match this evening.
ANNA FITZPATRICK: Playing at half 6, maybe again after that. If I win, play again.

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 6th, 2007, 11:26 PM
good luck Anna in semis tomorrow
and then for the 25k next week ;) :D

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 7th, 2007, 11:38 AM
Anna playing her SF on C18

its on Wimbledon LIVE
can anyone upload it after ???

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 7th, 2007, 12:53 PM
Anna lost :bigcry: :sad: 6-7(3) 3-6 :( :(

hit alot more winner but made too many UE's :(

Highlandman
Jul 7th, 2007, 12:55 PM
Bad luck Anna :sad: - but SF was still an amazing result and losing to Ula on grass is not a shame.

Keep going Anna :rocker2: :yeah:

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 7th, 2007, 07:11 PM
. Fitzpatrick - 7 July
Saturday, 7 July, 2007

Urszula Radwanska defeated Anna Fitzpatrick 7-6, 6-3
Q. What has your Wimbledon adventure been like?
ANNA FITZPATRICK: Haven't really thought about it till right now, to be honest. Really good. I'm pleased with my performance in every match really. Obviously I'm really disappointed about losing today. It's been a good tournament, especially it being my last junior tournament. Yeah, it's good. I can take a lot of confidence from it.
Q. 6-5 in the first, you looked to be establishing control almost.
ANNA FITZPATRICK: Yeah, I did. I went down right at the start of the first set. Managed to turn it around. But she played some good tennis, too. It was a tough match. To be fair to her, she played pretty good.
Q. She was starting to lose her temper there as well, wasn't she?
ANNA FITZPATRICK: Yeah. She's known to be a little bit of a head case.
Q. What happened at the beginning? You dropped your serve twice.
ANNA FITZPATRICK: I think maybe I was just a little bit nervous. I wasn't too bad. But, yeah, just a little bit. Only takes a little bit of nerves for something like that to happen. But then as soon as I got into it, I broke her back, and then I was all right.
Q. One period of treatment at the end of the first set. Was it the shoulder?
ANNA FITZPATRICK: Yeah. Yesterday in my second singles I fell and landed on my shoulder strange. I don't know. Well, it felt like it dislocated, but I'm sure it didn't. I saw the physio yesterday, last night. She just kind of relaxed it, massaged it a bit. She told me today it would be a lot stiffer in the morning than it was. I went to see her before my match, and then she was helping me on court again.
Q. How did it feel to be the last British survivor in the singles of any sort?

ANNA FITZPATRICK: Great (smiling). It doesn't really bother me, to be honest. I'm an individual, whatever country I was from. Yeah, it's great for the country obviously. But just for me, it's all personal and individual, I think.
Q. Did you exceed your expectations this Wimbledon?
ANNA FITZPATRICK: I wouldn't say I exceeded my expectation. I didn't come into the tournament with expectation. I just came in with the plan to put my game style on the court. I knew it could hurt a lot of players, yeah. They're the best juniors in the world, I know it could hurt them. I just came with that idea and thought I'll see what I can do.
Q. What about this nickname of yours? Do you get fed up with it?
ANNA FITZPATRICK: It's fun. It makes me laugh. On court, I don't know if anybody heard my brothers shouting again today. They sat just behind my chair, so they were heckling a bit again. But, no, it makes it enjoyable as well. If I'm tight, it helps me relax, so it's good.
Q. What was he shouting?
ANNA FITZPATRICK: Well, today he was using Deirdre a lot. Not so offensive. Just a normal name today. And he said Big Nuts a couple times as well.
Q. What's his name?
ANNA FITZPATRICK: I've got three older brothers. The one that's most into it is called Chris.
Q. Do you have names for him?
ANNA FITZPATRICK: I started to call him Stan a while ago. Well, he traveled to Czech Republic with me to play a tournament. He's quite thin, as well. He just stood in the room with his top off. I went, Wow, you're really thin. You look like Flash Stanley. So I started calling him Stan from then onwards. But that kind of died away.
Q. What are your plans now for the rest of the year?
ANNA FITZPATRICK: Well, all seniors. I think I'm going to America. I've got Felixstowe 25,000 next week, then three tournaments in Canada, then maybe Russia for a couple, then we're going to do quite a long stint in the States, I think.
Q. How have you been affected by the revolution at the LTA?
ANNA FITZPATRICK: Not at all. It's been great. I've been using it as a base just the last three or four weeks during the grass court season. But other than the LTA funding us a little bit, I'm not involved with the LTA. Obviously, I'm in contact with like Nigel Sears, head of women's tennis, and Carl Maes. But I mean, traveling, I leave all the contacts to the coaches, to be honest.
Q. Is it helping you, you're doing it on your own?
ANNA FITZPATRICK: Yeah. For me, in my situation, I think I mean, the best environment for me to develop as player at the moment, traveling with the team that I'm traveling with and with the players that I travel with. I think that's the best. At the moment, that's the best thing for me.
Q. Is Fed Cup a realistic target for you next year?
ANNA FITZPATRICK: Yeah. I don't see why not if I keep developing my game, putting my game on court, then yeah. I'm not sure who's in the team. Yeah, I think I'm sure I'll be up for selection.
Q. When do you return home to rain splashed Sheffield?
ANNA FITZPATRICK: Not for quite a long time, I guess. I won't be home for at least a month. So after Canada. I guess it depends how we do in Canada. I think the last tournament is a 50,000. So maybe if I did well in that then I wouldn't go home before going to Russia. Maybe if I was out early on I might go home just before Russia. I'm not sure yet.
Q. Do you realize how bad it has been?
ANNA FITZPATRICK: I have heard a lot of stories and seen a few pictures on the news, but I haven't been back so I haven't actually seen it myself.
Q. None of your family, friends or relatives have been affected?
ANNA FITZPATRICK: No. Very near me, one boy died just like two minutes from my house. But no one that I know has been involved I don't think
Q. You didn't know him?
ANNA FITZPATRICK: No. I know some people that knew him quite well. I personally didn't know him, no.
Q. How did that affect you?
ANNA FITZPATRICK: I haven't let it bother me, to be honest. It's horrible. It's weird thinking that really near my house is completely flooded, people have been injured and getting stranded overnight and stuff. But I'm completely it doesn't involve me at all. I haven't let it bother me.
Q. Have you finished all your studies now?
ANNA FITZPATRICK: I finished GCSEs. I did six more when I was the right age. I started to do A levels, but I traveled to Australia and I was there for four months when I was 16, just in first year of A levels. So I started to do A levels. Then when I was there I found it too hard to carry them on on my own, so I had to stop them when I was there. I didn't finish A levels.
Q. Tennis is your career?
ANNA FITZPATRICK: Yeah, definitely.
Q. What is your ambition?
ANNA FITZPATRICK: To be a Grand Slam champion, senior Grand Slam champion.
Q. You kept on playing big groundstrokes right to the end. That's the way you're always going to play?
ANNA FITZPATRICK: Yeah, I play my best tennis when I'm being aggressive from the back, when I move up the court. If I stop doing that, she could just walk all over me. So I'm not going to change my game.
Q. Some poor calls out there.
ANNA FITZPATRICK: I mean, as soon as you see the point's done, you got to start thinking about the next point. You are going to get dodgey calls, bad calls, but also you I mean, it's for both of us. It happens both ways. You just deal with it, get on with the next point.
Q. Do you have anybody you model or look to in senior tennis you look to?
ANNA FITZPATRICK: I like Justine Henin. I also like Michaella Krajicek. I like the way she's trying to play. She tries to play the same sort of way as me. In women's, I'll say I like them. I used to like Pat Rafter when he played, as well. I liked him at the net.
Q. Not because of how he looked?
ANNA FITZPATRICK: Been through this with my coach. I think it probably was as well.

Mforensic
Jul 7th, 2007, 08:05 PM
This should give Anna the confidence to go into Felixstowe proud!!!

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 8th, 2007, 05:08 PM
Road to Wimbledon part five

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42459000/jpg/_42459060_fitz_203.jpg Fitzpatrick was playing in her last ever junior event

Anna Fitzpatrick became the first Briton for six years to reach the semi-finals of the girls' singles at this year's Wimbledon, and the BBC Sport website followed her progress throughout.
The 18-year-old from Sheffield is currently ranked 489 in the world, 15 in Britain, and trains at the Monte Carlo Tennis Academy.

"After winning three matches on Friday and reaching the semi-finals in the girls' singles, I really wanted to go all the way.
"I had fallen over the day before in one of my singles matches and hurt my shoulder, so I saw the physio who helped to loosen it up a bit.
"We were put on one of the bigger outside show courts - Court 18. Walking out there in front of quite a lot of people was fine. I didn't notice much of a difference to be honest.
(http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A24106042?s_fromedit=1&s_typedarticle=edit)

"The week before, when I was waiting for my ladies' doubles first round, I had been told I might play on Court One, so I'd already gone through that in my head, what it would be like to play on a big court.
"I like playing in front of people who are making a lot of noise, particularly here at Wimbledon when they are behind you.
"I had also got my brothers there again. They were heckling me from behind my chair, calling me the usual nicknames - 'Big Nuts', 'Bloke' and this time 'Deirdre' for some reason. As usual, it helped me to stay relaxed.
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/shared/img/o.gifhttp://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42476000/jpg/_42476446_fitzpatrick_getty_270.jpg

If I need wild cards in five years, my window will have passed

"I played OK, but made too many unforced errors. I was playing my game, attacking and trying to come to the net, but she was more solid than me.
"Everyone thinks that girls can't serve and volley or come to the net - hopefully I'm going to prove them wrong, but on the day she made less errors than me.
"At the time, I was disappointed to lose, but OK. I signed a few autographs and gave my towel to some foreign lad who seemed to really want it!
"But when I got to the changing rooms it really hit me. I was gutted - really, really upset. I realised then just how much I had wanted to win the tournament.
"Although I lost, everyone back home was proud of me - my parents who support me so much in every way, and my brothers sent me texts telling me that they were proud of me and that they had enjoyed coming down to watch me.
"They said that they think I have a good future in front of me and hearing that from my brothers gives me confidence.
"When we're together, we're always laughing and joking, but they talk to me after the matches and I see the serious side of them, the family side - they really do support me.
"They're my older brothers, and they take on the complete really well - they rip me all the time, but they are supportive when they need to be!
"Wimbledon this week was my final junior event. Next week I go to Felixstowe to get back to work on my senior career and ranking, and then I will travel to Canada, Russia and America.
"I know that people make a fuss of British players at Wimbledon, but now is when the hard work really starts.
"I spoke to Jez Green last night - he's the fitness trainer at the Monte Carlo Tennis Academy - and he said that this is the start of a very tough, but fun and enjoyable, road. I've only just turned 18, and this is the starting point for me. I want to build on it.
"Seniors is much harder than juniors, but I'm ready to do whatever I have to do to make my mark.
"I want to get into tournaments like Wimbledon on my ranking as soon as I possibly can. Wild cards are good to a certain level, but I will only accept a wild card if myself and my coaches think I can genuinely compete and beat players at that level.
"Hopefully it won't be more than two or three years before I can get into Wimbledon on my ranking. If I need wild cards in five years, my window will have passed.
"I have never even considered what I would do if I didn't make it as a professional tennis player. There is nothing else in life that I really want.
"I want to be a Grand Slam champion, that's my main goal. If I can't do that, I would settle for reaching my potential, whatever that is, because then I would have no regrets. "Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I have had a lot of fun writing it. Anna

Highlandman
Jul 8th, 2007, 05:12 PM
Thanks TBE :D

Anna :yeah: I really hope she can improve her ranking a lot in Felixstowe & USA.

Natash.
Jul 9th, 2007, 01:13 AM
Anna playing her SF on C18

its on Wimbledon LIVE
can anyone upload it after ???

Yeah, I'll upload it. :)

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 9th, 2007, 04:00 PM
Yeah, I'll upload it. :)

any chance of the doubles vs Chernyakova/Calderwood also

can you possbily remove the DRM :o
otherwise its not viewable after a short space of time.

ZAK
Jul 9th, 2007, 04:02 PM
I love her mindset

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 10th, 2007, 11:37 AM
Anna in Felixstowe 25k

1st rd vs Rebecca LLewllyn
good luck Anna ;) :)

Natash.
Jul 10th, 2007, 04:05 PM

DRM? Sorry :lol: No idea what that is. :tape: :lol:

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 10th, 2007, 08:21 PM
DRM? Sorry :lol: No idea what that is. :tape: :lol:

its the license.
remove that and you will be able to view the matches anytime you want
otherwise the time period will run out in a few weeks, and you'll have to pay again if you want to view.

Monica_Rules
Jul 11th, 2007, 12:19 AM
Where are you uploading them here?

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 11th, 2007, 10:17 PM
Anna lost to Llewellyn :help: :( :fiery:

not good
now for Canada, better pick up some pts there.

Viktymise
Jul 12th, 2007, 02:05 PM
I can try upload some of Anna's matches from Wimbledon if people want, im getting some stuff to remove the DRM

Viktymise
Jul 12th, 2007, 02:06 PM
I can try upload some of Anna's matches from Wimbledon if people want, im getting some software to remove the DRM from Wimbledon live videos. I was really impressed with her particularly against Milevskaya

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 12th, 2007, 03:43 PM
thanx, hope you can put some of her matches up

can you also put up the doubles match which she and jade won on Court 18 vs Calderwood/Chernyakova :wavey:

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 15th, 2007, 04:56 PM
Anna pics

http://www.mctacademy.com/multimedia/galleries2/anna_fitzpatrick/index.html

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 25th, 2007, 01:35 PM
Anna 3rd seed in 10k Calgary
won her 1r 63 60 ;) :D

keep going Anna ;)

Mforensic
Jul 25th, 2007, 06:10 PM
Keep it up Anna!!!!

WIMBY
Jul 25th, 2007, 07:18 PM

Europe rocks
Jul 25th, 2007, 10:08 PM
Good start Anna, keep it up :)

Mforensic
Jul 26th, 2007, 12:49 PM
Anna won her 2nd round match 6-0, 6-1!!!!!!!

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 26th, 2007, 02:37 PM
Anna :) :D rocking again on hard courts !!!!!!!!!
good luck in QF today ;)

WIMBY
Jul 26th, 2007, 02:48 PM
Good luck :)

IMPOSSIBLE
Jul 26th, 2007, 02:55 PM
:yeah:

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 27th, 2007, 03:16 AM
Anna Fitzpatrick d. Nicole Leimbach 64 75 :yeah:
well done Anna ;)

now Anna plays fellow MCTA girl Ana Veselinovic
good luck Anna ;)

WIMBY
Jul 27th, 2007, 11:22 AM

Mforensic
Jul 27th, 2007, 11:56 AM
yeah Anna!!!!! Great work getting to the semis in Calgary!!!!

Europe rocks
Jul 27th, 2007, 10:18 PM
Good work Anna, keep it up :)

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 28th, 2007, 12:35 AM
Anna lost in 3 sets :sobbing: :sad: 5-7 6-3 6-2 :(

Mforensic
Jul 28th, 2007, 12:53 AM
Great run for her....Anna should be proud of her results and looks like it was a bit of a tight match.

Mforensic
Jul 29th, 2007, 07:37 PM
6-4 6-3 FITZPATRICK (GBR) / VESELINOVIC (SRB) won the 10K Calgary!!!!!

WIMBY
Jul 29th, 2007, 09:14 PM

Mforensic
Aug 1st, 2007, 01:19 AM
Anna won a very close three-setter in the first round in Vancouver!

TheBoiledEgg
Aug 1st, 2007, 07:56 PM
was a good win for Anna ;) :D

now keep it going

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/6926293.stm

you can ask Anna a Q on BBC site
you got to get in a Q before friday though

Natash.
Aug 3rd, 2007, 08:29 AM
Grats Anna! :kiss: :hearts:

Natash.
Aug 3rd, 2007, 08:35 AM

How do I remove the DRM? :lol:

TheBoiledEgg
Aug 3rd, 2007, 03:57 PM
Anna Fitzpatrick’s three-week tour of Canada came to an end in the second round of the $50,000 ITF tournament in Vancouver as she went down in straight sets to in-form Stephanie Dubois.
Despite playing well, Fitzpatrick suffered a 6-1, 6-2 defeat against the No. 2 seeded Dubois, the World No. 121 who has now won 12 consecutive matches in a run that has brought back-to-back titles in Hamilton and Kentucky in the last three weeks.
“I’m disappointed that the score was so one-sided because I know that I put my game on the court,” said Fitzpatrick. “It was only unforced errors when I was attacking that lost me the match. Had I made a few more balls, it could have been a lot closer score wise.
“I prepared very well and mentally it was a pretty good match. I kept at my game plan throughout. I just need to do that in every single match I play now. Today is like a benchmark in terms of preparation mentally as well as physically, and how to approach the first 10 minutes of every match.”

TheBoiledEgg
Aug 3rd, 2007, 03:57 PM
How do I remove the DRM? :lol:

ask danielafrenchfan
i got no idea how to :confused:

Wintermute
Aug 9th, 2007, 09:21 PM
you can ask Anna a Q on BBC site
you got to get in a Q before friday though

Here's Anna's responses to the Q&A:

BBC Sport (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/6929840.stm)

Mforensic
Aug 10th, 2007, 12:51 PM
Very nice.....glad she doesn't take it all to seriously and seems to just be relaxed. She is definitely top 100 potential.....time will tell.

TheBoiledEgg
Aug 10th, 2007, 07:14 PM
Here's Anna's responses to the Q&A:

BBC Sport (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/6929840.stm)

thanx :wavey:
i'll c/p the answers here so it wont vanish (although BBC stuff rarely does)

Anna Fitzpatrick became the first Briton for six years to reach the semi-finals of the girls' singles at this year's Wimbledon, and the BBC Sport website followed her progress throughout.

The 18-year-old from Sheffield has risen from outside the world's top 600 to 368 in the world in the last six months, and is ranked ninth in Britain.
Last year she was recruited to the Monte Carlo Tennis Academy - the world's first touring tennis academy where only players with top-100 potential are considered.
Anna will continue to send regular diaries over the next year and here she answers some of your questions.

Did you think you would win the Wimbledon juniors?
Huzaifah, 14, Blackburn
Yes. I had the belief I could win it if I put my game on the court, but also the knowledge that I could lose first round, which is important in keeping focused. Believing doesn't mean you will definitely win of course, but it means you'll give yourself the chance, and I was pleased I did that. I'm disappointed I didn't win the tournament, but proud of my performances.
What tournaments are you entering over the next few weeks to improve your ranking? Will you attempt to qualify for the US Open?
Alwyn Price, 38, London
I'm on holiday this week after a few weeks in Canada where I reached a singles semi-final, won a doubles title and reached my highest singles and doubles rankings yet. I might be going to Russia to play some events or playing some here in the UK after my holiday. Then I'll go to Bali, India and the United States.
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/shared/img/o.gif
I want to go all the way and become a Grand Slam champion. I really don't want to consider other options

I'm not going to the US Open because my ranking isn't high enough yet to try to qualify for the senior event, and I'd already decided that Wimbledon would be my last junior event. There's a bit of me that would have liked to go to the US Open juniors to try to win that, but there's more experience to be gained from playing senior tournaments.
Hey Anna, just wondering how you found the transition moving from Britain to a tennis academy in Monte Carlo? Was it easy, hard or stressful?
Andrew MacLean, 14, Edinburgh
The Monte Carlo Tennis Academy (MCTA) has its base in Monte Carlo but it's actually a touring academy - the only one of its type in the world - so I don't actually live in Monte Carlo. I certainly don't live a Monte Carlo lifestyle! I spend a few months a year there when the Academy players and coaches join up for training blocks.
Sheffield is my home town, but I basically live on the road. I enjoy the lifestyle and don't find it stressful the way some players do, and anyway, there is always the telephone for me to keep in touch with my family. If you want to be a champion, you can't afford to get homesick. Also, the MCTA coaching team is the same as I had at the Leeds Academy before it, so that helped with the transition.
Hey Anna, being from Sheffield, to relax do you listen to that small band from your hometown called the Arctic Monkeys???
Neil Cross, 35, Ottawa, Canada
Yeah, I love the Arctic Monkeys. My brothers went to see them in concert recently. I travel with my iPod the whole time and have them on it. The iPod is permanently on shuffle and I hook it up to my speakers in the hotel room.
How are you coping with moving onto the main tour from juniors?
Jamie Smith, 23, Aberdeen
Fine so far, thank you. My game is strong but my execution is still too erratic for the top 200, which is my next target. Players behave differently on and off court on the main tour. Opponents would sometimes quit in matches at junior level and you would have parents shouting from the sidelines, but players are much tougher on the main tour, they don't give you anything really and you have to be prepared for that. The MCTA coaching team are helping me with the transition.
How much time do you spend training and how did you fit it in around your schooling?
Simon Harrington, 12, Whitstable
Hi Simon, I went to an academy in Leeds when I was your age, and the school I was at was linked to it. The school really helped us to fulfil our ambitions. Sometimes we would miss lessons to play tennis but then they would arrange extra tutorials, or if we were travelling, they would send us work through the post.

These days, I train five or six hours a day: usually two hours on court in the morning, an hour or two in the gym, and then a couple more hours in the afternoon. When I was 12 I did four hours a day, four days a week. At first it did seem a lot and I think my parents were shocked, but I realised that it's what everyone was doing and that kids abroad were doing more.
How do you survive financially being ranked where you are? Do you attract sponsors? Do you want to go as far as you can at tennis or do you see yourself studying and taking another option? What are the most expensive parts of trying to become a top tennis player?
Jeremy Pepper, 44, St Neots
I am lucky in that the MCTA are investing in my future and they look after everything. They get some help from the LTA and have investors but the travel is a huge cost. The coaches and trainers all have to be paid and their expenses covered as well as the players' expenses, so the academy is always looking for people who are prepared to invest.

Individually, I have no sponsors other than Head, which is through the Academy. They give me a big racquet bag full of the equipment I need. I want to go all the way and eventually become a Grand Slam champion and I really don't want to consider other options.
Do you feel that enough is being done by the LTA to help people like yourself?
Dave Earl, 45, East Sussex
When I did well at Wimbledon, the MCTA was promised more help by the LTA so hopefully that will happen. So far the support has been good but extra help now is so important because I don't have any individual sponsors yet and the costs of travel when you are trying to break through are so high. Once you break through, it is easier to get sponsors, but right now the LTA support is invaluable.
Hi Anna, do you get on with other British girls like Naomi Cavaday and Jade Curtis? Because at my tennis club some of the girls are mean and they just want to beat me. Is it like this on the professional bit? Thank you so much, good luck with everything.
Alex, 9, Surrey
Hi Alex, thanks a lot. Yes, I get on with both Naomi Cavaday and Jade Curtis. I know both of them quite well. I shared a room with Jade during the Wimbledon period, and I've travelled with Naomi a bit in the past.
Still, it's different when you're on court. There's nothing wrong with the girls at your club wanting to beat you, even though it can seem a bit mean. You should take it as a compliment and a challenge. It means they're scared of you! I get on with most players off the court, but when we go on court, even if I'm playing a friend, we have to forget that friendship until the match is over.
Anna, I was watching you at Wimbledon, you were amazing! What do you like to do in your spare time?
Kaye, 17, Glasgow
Thank you very much! When I am at tournaments I don't really get much spare time, but I'll go to the cinema with other players or my coaches and listen to music. I saw Harry Potter recently - I love Harry Potter. I'm going to take the new book on holiday with me next week.
I can't believe my brothers have been allowed to send questions in!

I'm going to Lanzarote with my family for a week - it'll be interesting to see if we can get through it without arguing all the time! It'll be nice but I'm not someone who can just lie there - I have to run around or swim and I've usually had enough after three or four days and want to get back to a tennis tournament!
If you could play mixed doubles with any player, who would it be and why?
Vicki, 20, West Yorkshire
For looks, Tommy Haas! He's the hottest player out there. For tennis alone it would have to be Roger Federer because he is just ridiculously good. He doesn't play mixed doubles unfortunately, but maybe I can get him to make an exception for me. OK, maybe not!
Last year, I was lucky enough to play in an exhibition doubles with Mansour Bahrami and Pat Cash in Yorkshire. That was brilliant. Next year, I might get a chance to play with Wesley Moodie at Wimbledon, which would be great. Wes won the Wimbledon doubles title a few years ago and he recently joined the Monte Carlo Tennis Academy as well.
As a huge fan of yours, has there been any love interest since your successful run at Wimbledon?
Joe Gill, 18, Dronfield (Sheffield)
Well, I've had a couple of marriage proposals - have a look at the question below if you don't believe me!
Hi Anna, if I promise to do the cooking, will you marry me? I'm not a fat bloke, promise!
Love Tim, Surrey
Well first of all, I'm quite disappointed that you're not a fat bloke, but if you're up to doing a 100% of the housework as well as the cooking, I might consider it. My cooking currently runs to omelette, stir-fry, beans on toast and not much else.
Exactly how much will you have to earn before you buy your brothers birthday or Christmas presents?
Cinnamon Bagel, 27, Sheffield
I can't believe my brothers have been allowed to send questions in! Anyway, I've just bought one of you a birthday present, so you can stick that. To answer the question: the day I earn more money than all of you put together!
Interview by David Law

swordfire
Aug 17th, 2007, 08:04 PM
Anna! :yeah:

She always seem like a right laugh, relaxed and stuff.

Big things are gonna happen for her :D

TheBoiledEgg
Aug 18th, 2007, 09:59 PM
Anna in Moscow 25k qualies

her section

Anna FITZPATRICK (GBR) (2) Vs Elizaveta TOCHILOVSKAYA (RUS)
Sofia SHAPATAVA (GEO) Vs Alice BALDUCCI (ITA) (15)

good luck Anna ;)

Natash.
Aug 19th, 2007, 08:35 PM
I like her personality. She seems very down to earth.

Good luck in Moscow!

Europe rocks
Aug 19th, 2007, 10:22 PM
Anna lost in straight sets :sad:

swordfire
Aug 19th, 2007, 11:37 PM
Anna :help:

Next time, girl :)

TheBoiledEgg
Aug 21st, 2007, 03:36 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/6955215.stm

I am now in Moscow, having just endured a grind of a journey.
I was on holiday with my family in Lanzarote last week, arrived back into Manchester on Thursday evening, unpacked in Sheffield and then went straight back to Manchester airport with my tennis gear a few hours later for my early-morning flight to Russia.
It was the first time I had been on holiday for a long time, and since I don't get much chance to spend time with my family, it was nice - even though two of my brothers, Pete and Chris, were there.

I spent most of the time by the pool, while they played Championship Manager. They also came up with a new nickname for me - Gertrudus Maximus - to add to Fat Bloke, Big Nuts and Deirdre.
It was good to be able to relax with them for a while, but I don't mind travelling and being away from home at all - I know that being a tennis player is what I want to do in life, and to me the sacrifices are not big.
Still, I was in a bad mood as I started my journey to Russia because it was a very early start.
Luckily, I was travelling alone on the way to my connection in Amsterdam, so my mood didn't affect anyone else (other than a security guard who wouldn't let me take my racket bag on-board; I had a few words to say to him!).
When I got to Amsterdam, I bumped into Ana Veselinovic (a fellow Monte Carlo Tennis Academy member and regular doubles partner) and Igor Tomasevic (MCTA coach) in the passport-control queue.
Ana is from Serbia, and there you find out very early the players that really want to be tennis players.
They don't have the facilities Britain have, and so if they don't really want to be tennis players, they won't make the effort because it's so difficult to get court time and the facilities are often uncomfortable, especially in winter.
This may go some way to explaining the success of the Eastern bloc countries in tennis, since those who stick it out are the driven ones.
I stayed at the new National Tennis Centre in Roehampton during the grass-court season and the facilities are great
I certainly appreciated the privilege of being able to train where everything you need as a player is available for you to improve.

I try to learn by observing the best players in the world and noticed how Andy Murray dealt with his training during his injury.
Andy would be in the gym at Roehampton before almost anyone else had woken up, then he would disappear most days rather than socialising with other players, and then he would be back in the gym again at night when everyone else was going to bed.
I respect that and because everyone at the MCTA, especially the coaches and trainers, are so ambitious, they help fuel my desire to do the work to keep improving. I know I still have a long way to go.
I'm here in Russia for the next two weeks to play in two tough tournaments to try to get some more experience on my weakest surface, which is clay.
It is hard for me to impose my game on clay but the best way to learn is to get out there and do it and realise that long term it is great for my game. Then it's on to Ukraine, possibly India and a long spell in America. Wish me luck!
Anna Fitzpatrick was speaking to David Law at the MCTA

Mforensic
Aug 21st, 2007, 09:38 PM
I'm just lovin her more and more with every article.....thanx Egg!

swordfire
Aug 22nd, 2007, 09:25 PM
I'm just lovin her more and more with every article.....thanx Egg!

She's quite awesome isn't she? Proper Northern lass :D

Thanks, TheBoiledEgg!

TheBoiledEgg
Sep 20th, 2007, 06:10 PM
Anna into QF of Nottingham 10k

beat Bone today 64 63 :yeah: ;)

c'mon Anna !!!!!!!! rock on :)

Natash.
Sep 20th, 2007, 08:15 PM
Good job, Anna. :yeah:

Europe rocks
Sep 20th, 2007, 09:43 PM
Good work Anna :)

TheBoiledEgg
Sep 21st, 2007, 03:04 PM
Anna into semis ;) :yeah:
64 62 win over Augustine

c'mon Anna ;) :kiss:

TheBoiledEgg
Sep 26th, 2007, 09:15 PM
Anna lost one game in her 1st rd beating Vergos 60 61 :woohoo:

Anna plays Hofmanova in r2
good luck Anna ;) :kiss:

Mforensic
Sep 27th, 2007, 11:30 AM
Come on Anna!

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 7th, 2007, 05:29 AM
Fitzy now in San Francisco
go and qualify Anna ;) :kiss:

(2)Anna Fitzpatrick GBR vs Mami Inoue USA
Ashley Weinhold USA vs Danielle Mills USA
Tiya Rolle USA vs (wc)Catrina Thompson USA
(wc)Jennifer-Lee Heinser USA vs (6)Jennifer Elie USA

Europe rocks
Oct 7th, 2007, 10:24 PM
Best luck in SF, Anna :yeah:

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 8th, 2007, 05:20 AM
Anna won 63 61 ;) :yeah: :D

tougher match today vs Weinhold
go Anna ;) :)

IMPOSSIBLE
Oct 8th, 2007, 07:48 AM
Go Anna :)

Monica_Rules
Oct 8th, 2007, 04:43 PM
Keep going Anna

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 8th, 2007, 11:42 PM
Anna lost :bigcry: :sad: 36 16

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 15th, 2007, 01:49 PM
poor Fitzy :sad: :bigcry: :(
not again :( 3 set loss to Podkolzina in Lawrenceville Q1

Europe rocks
Oct 15th, 2007, 09:23 PM
Anna :sad: Glad to see her going out and playing these larger events than sticking to $25K events for ages

Monica_Rules
Oct 16th, 2007, 04:35 PM
She seems to have taken a step back here.

Shes playing a 25k next week. Hopefully she can get back to winning ways there.

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 21st, 2007, 05:53 PM
Anna top seed in Q

c'mon Anna, please qualify :kiss:

Europe rocks
Oct 21st, 2007, 10:29 PM
Come on Anna, time to get the wins

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 22nd, 2007, 04:45 AM
Anna won in 2 sets ;) :yeah:
go qualify now :kiss: ;)
good luck today

Natash.
Oct 22nd, 2007, 04:51 AM
Come on Anna. :armed:

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 23rd, 2007, 04:14 AM
Anna qualified ;) :yeah: :D

but she got 4th seed Alisa Kleybanova in r1 :help:

Mforensic
Oct 23rd, 2007, 01:54 PM
At least she qualified...that's better than her past results on US soil.

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 24th, 2007, 07:45 PM
Anna's gonna be training 2 weeks in Florida now

next tourn in 3 weeks in Poland

her schedule
http://www.mctacademy.com/tournaments/

Mforensic
Oct 24th, 2007, 08:11 PM
Damn......her schedule is set till wimbledon!

Natash.
Oct 26th, 2007, 06:44 PM
Woah. :eek:

Wintermute
Nov 6th, 2007, 07:20 PM
Another entry in Anna's diary from Florida where she's training:

BBC Sport (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/7075318.stm)

Philip
Nov 7th, 2007, 02:25 AM
I hope Anna can play those WTA tournies that are on her schedule :)

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 8th, 2007, 09:25 PM
nice diary Anna ;) :)

Mforensic
Nov 21st, 2007, 10:50 AM
Come on Anna....kick some butt in Poland!!!

Natash.
Nov 26th, 2007, 12:11 AM
Anna. :rocker2:

Natash.
Nov 26th, 2007, 12:27 AM
I found a way to remove the DRM and I'm gonna try it now. :yeah: I think I only have Fitzpatrick vs Milevskaya

Natash.
Nov 26th, 2007, 09:50 AM
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5J1TNR5I

TheBoiledEgg
Dec 3rd, 2007, 02:44 PM
thanx for the upload :)

no doubles matches ?
Anna won her 1 qr in 25k Prerov ;) :yeah: :D

c'mon Anna ;) :hug: qualify pls

TheBoiledEgg
Dec 4th, 2007, 03:37 PM
Anna qualified with a 63 64 win over Frankova :woohoo: ;) :hug: :kiss:

now good luck in MD

jamatthews
Dec 4th, 2007, 07:21 PM
Thanks for the upload. :worship:

TheBoiledEgg
Dec 5th, 2007, 02:02 PM
Anna bt Gerlova 46 64 62 ;) :woohoo: :banana: :kiss:
well done Anna ;) :D

Natash.
Dec 5th, 2007, 04:46 PM
Anna! :woohoo:

No doubles matches. :sad:

TheBoiledEgg
Dec 11th, 2007, 03:09 PM
great win for Anna yesterday ;) :yeah:
beat Hrozenska 64 63 in 1r of 25k Valasske M

well done Anna ;) :)

Mforensic
Dec 12th, 2007, 05:17 PM
Fitzy lost today in straight sets......

TheBoiledEgg
Dec 12th, 2007, 06:29 PM
Anna :bigcry: :sad:

IMPOSSIBLE
Dec 16th, 2007, 11:46 PM
www.freewebs.com/tennisuk

Fitzy interview to come soon...

Anybody got any good questions you want me to ask ?

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 6th, 2008, 01:22 AM
Anna playing 25k St Leo (Tampa bay)

good luck Anna in Q ;) :)

Mforensic
Jan 6th, 2008, 07:41 PM
Anne is 2nd seed in qualies....I hope she can make MD!

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 7th, 2008, 03:25 AM
Anna won 76 61 :) :D

Mforensic
Jan 7th, 2008, 01:49 PM
YeaH Anna!!!!

WIMBY
Jan 7th, 2008, 03:22 PM

Mforensic
Jan 8th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Anna lost 2nd round qualies in straights. Should have been a win for her.:fiery:

Europe rocks
Jan 8th, 2008, 09:26 PM
Nasty loss :help: :sad:

TheBoiledEgg
Feb 4th, 2008, 08:03 PM
2 good wins for Anna in 75k Midland qualies

1st rd Anna Fitzpatrick (GBR) bt Alexandra Cercone (USA) 64 63
2nd rd Anna Fitzpatrick (GBR) bt Ipek Senoglu (TUR) 63 64

c'mon Fitzy :kiss: qualify :hug:

Europe rocks
Feb 4th, 2008, 10:37 PM
About time Anna started to get some wins this season :) Qualify Anna!

TheBoiledEgg
Feb 5th, 2008, 07:16 PM
Anna Fitzpatrick d. Stefania Boffa 63 16 63 :woohoo: :banana: ;)

great win Anna ;) :hug: :smooch:

hope she gets a good draw ;)

Mforensic
Feb 6th, 2008, 11:23 AM
Yeah Fitzy qualified!!!!! It's about time!!!!!

TheBoiledEgg
Feb 6th, 2008, 03:08 PM
tough draw for Anna
she's got Kutuzova in r1

best wishes Anna ;) :)

Natash.
Feb 7th, 2008, 04:26 AM
def. Kutuzova 6-2 6-3 :eek:

Wow. What a great win!

TheBoiledEgg
Feb 9th, 2008, 03:21 PM
amazing win for Anna that was
but she lost to Kloesel :( :sad:

10 pts for week :) :)

Europe rocks
Feb 9th, 2008, 08:49 PM
Going up the ranks again :D

TheBoiledEgg
Feb 17th, 2008, 09:33 AM
Anna in 25k Clearwater :D :)

her Q draw

NED THYSSEN, Nicole [7] vs USA CERCONE, Alexandra
USA COUTS, Kimberly vs GBR FITZPATRICK, Anna [15]

c'mon Fitzy :kiss: ;)

TheBoiledEgg
Feb 17th, 2008, 09:34 AM
Anna in 25k Clearwater :D :)

her Q draw

NED THYSSEN, Nicole [7] vs USA CERCONE, Alexandra
USA COUTS, Kimberly vs GBR FITZPATRICK, Anna [15]

c'mon Fitzy :kiss: ;)

IMPOSSIBLE
Feb 17th, 2008, 11:39 AM
C'mon Anna !

TheBoiledEgg
Feb 18th, 2008, 05:01 AM
(15) Fitzpatrick (GBR) def. Couts (USA) 6-3 4-6 7-5 :yeah: :D

good luck today vs Nicole Thyssen

jamatthews
Feb 26th, 2008, 01:00 PM
Ana Veselinovic and Anna Fitzpatrick will both become the no 3 doubles players in their respective countries after winning their first doubles Challenger title in Clearwater, Florida.

They beat Chin-Wei Chan and Seiko Okamoto of Japan in a thrilling final, winning 10-5 in the Championship tiebreaker. Previously they had lost two doubles Challenger finals in Nottingham and Turkey so it was excellent news to get a title under their belt at this level. The downside to winning this doubles title is that they were unable to get to Fort Walton in time to contest the singles qualifying but this week will be looking to extend their winning run in doubles.

Jez Green, who has been with the girls for the past two weeks, said: “The girls have been able to bring a new level of aggressiveness to their doubles which has helped the speed in which they have been hitting the ball and reacting to situations. I am proud of their efforts and hope they can build on this next week.”

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 1st, 2008, 07:55 PM
they won the 25k again this week in Fort Walton

well done Anna :banana: :D

jamatthews
Mar 1st, 2008, 08:34 PM
From Jez Green Blog:

Talking of our girls, they have been producing a few surprises of their own. Firstly they managed to expertly plan and execute their whole weeks training last week without any help at all. They decided who they would practice with, what drills they would do, where they would do it, when they would do their fitness, what they would do in their fitness…basically everything down to recovery and eating schedule. Now this could easily sound like a coach being lazy or as I obviously prefer to see it players taking total responsibility for their tennis life.

The net result of this week’s “self” training was a doubles title at Clearwater challenger won in a very aggressive final set champions tie break. After 3 losses in finals this was a nice result for the work they put in.

Thanks also to William “barnone” Floyd, superbowl winning running back with the San Francicso 49ers who predicted that our girls would win the tournament and he would present the cheque to them. (See photo of the two Annas with this phenomenal athlete………and of course William!)

http://mctacademy.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/jezblog.jpg

Also slightly OT:

In conjunction with John Mark at Chris Everts academy I sometimes train a 17 year old Russian girl called Anastasia Pivovarova. As coaches we regularly talk about where players can get in the rankings and how fast they can get there and I’m happy to admit that her current position of 180 on the WTA tour after basically one year playing senior tournaments has surprised me in a really good way. It just shows what a tough attitude with some decent information can do. I have actually had a bet with Anna, Ana and Stefi where she can get to this year so we’ll see who’s right! :lol:

Europe rocks
Mar 23rd, 2008, 11:13 PM
Anna received a wildcard into qualifying for Miami :eek: Bad draw though...
[5]T.Tanasugarn (Tha) vs [WC]A.Fitzpatrick (GB)

JAMESYBABY!
Mar 23rd, 2008, 11:35 PM
well done for getting a wild card,, fuck f*****g hell terrible draw:(

Europe rocks
Mar 24th, 2008, 10:42 PM
Anna went down 6-2 6-3. At least it wasn't a double bagel, plus it's an extra $1,000 in the bank and a ranking point :)

Mforensic
Mar 25th, 2008, 11:33 AM
Well hopefully this won't be her only WTA event!

wales1994
Apr 8th, 2008, 05:38 PM
were is her nxt tournie?????

TheBoiledEgg
Apr 22nd, 2008, 05:01 AM
Anna's 2nd seed in 10k Toluca MEX

good luck Anna ;) :kiss:

her half of draw

Stefania BOFFA (SUI) (5) Vs Paloma MIELGO (MEX)
Lena LITVAK (USA) Vs Vanesa FURLANETTO (ARG)
Dominika DIESKOVA (SVK) Vs Deyanirr SOLORIO (MEX)
Paula-Catalina ROBLES-GARCIA (COL) Vs Daniela MUNOZ-GALLEGOS (MEX) (4)
Fernanda HERMENEGILDO (BRA) (7) Vs Bo VERHULSDONK (NED)
Franziska KLOTZ (AUT) Vs Carolina BETANCOURT (MEX)
Tatiana BUA (ARG) Vs Lucia JARA-LOZANO (ARG)
Sabrina CAPANNOLO (USA) Vs Anna FITZPATRICK (GBR) (2)

TheBoiledEgg
Apr 22nd, 2008, 05:01 AM
were is her nxt tournie?????

you can find her schedule here
http://www.mctacademy.com/tournaments/

Mforensic
Apr 22nd, 2008, 02:11 PM
Thanks eggy!

TheBoiledEgg
Apr 23rd, 2008, 02:17 PM
phew Anna, what a struggle in 1r
57 64 64 win :) :D

good luck in r2 vs Tatiana Bua

Mforensic
Apr 23rd, 2008, 06:17 PM
Remember she went through the qualies to get that seed.

Pdm1987
Apr 23rd, 2008, 09:06 PM
phew Anna, what a struggle in 1r
57 64 64 win :) :D

good luck in r2 vs Tatiana Bua

hmmmm, a very tight 3 set win against an unranked 22 y.o who at this event qualified for an event for the first time ever, having been playing since 2003 (on and off). Not very good really. What I don't understand is, she was quite good at Birmingham last year, so what's happened?

Mforensic
Apr 23rd, 2008, 11:22 PM
For some reason, Anna's record in the Americas are terrible compared to her wins in Europe!

Pdm1987
Apr 24th, 2008, 11:04 AM
For some reason, Anna's record in the Americas are terrible compared to her wins in Europe!

yet she seems to play there the most

she won against Bua, in 3 sets :)

wales1994
Apr 24th, 2008, 11:41 AM
she plays Bo VERHULSDONK, next shes around 1000 in the world semis hopefully

JAMESYBABY!
Apr 24th, 2008, 11:54 AM
Anna seems like she is shit on clay lool, she can harldy get a good win against rap people really lool,,, good luck in next round :D,, she really should get to the final with her draw:p

Pdm1987
Apr 24th, 2008, 12:10 PM
Anna seems like she is shit on clay lool, she can harldy get a good win against rap people really lool,,, good luck in next round :D,, she really should get to the final with her draw:p

this is on a hard court.......

JAMESYBABY!
Apr 24th, 2008, 12:29 PM
this is on a hard court.......

oops!!!,,, my bad :lol:,,, then y is she fuckin up :mad:,,, :grrrrrr:

TheBoiledEgg
Apr 24th, 2008, 01:41 PM
phew another struggle :o

Anna ;) :D
got to win her qf easier

Pdm1987
Apr 24th, 2008, 05:37 PM
Anna lost 6-3 6-3 according to nicola slater on the gbtennisgirls site

jamatthews
Apr 25th, 2008, 12:59 AM
New Anna Blog:

http://www.mctacademy.com/blog/

OZTENNIS
Apr 30th, 2008, 04:11 AM
How does Anna play and what does her upcoming schedule look like?

Mforensic
Apr 30th, 2008, 10:39 AM
How does Anna play and what does her upcoming schedule look like?

Anna has a very aggressive style, she is currently in Mexico at the moment!

TheBoiledEgg
May 1st, 2008, 01:23 PM
Anna Fitzpatrick won her match 76(2) 62 vs Shikha Uberoi
Anna ;) :woohoo: :kiss:

OZTENNIS
May 2nd, 2008, 07:52 AM
:eek: Nice win ;)

JAMESYBABY!
May 4th, 2008, 11:21 AM
Anna/Anna won the doubles,, annas 3rd doubles win of the year :eek:

i have been looking at annas record last year,, the only points she has to defend really is wimbledon,, she mostly played 10k's last year,,, dont worrie peeps:p

TheBoiledEgg
May 8th, 2008, 03:36 PM
Anna won her opener in 25k Irapuato (MEX)
needed 3 sets vs Erika Clarke though :o

c'mon Anna, got to find some better form :kiss:

JAMESYBABY!
May 8th, 2008, 04:30 PM
go anna ,, kick some ass girl:yeah:

wales1994
May 8th, 2008, 05:20 PM
Why has she suddenly got into such a slump??

Europe rocks
May 8th, 2008, 09:44 PM
Glad she managed to get a win

TheBoiledEgg
May 9th, 2008, 01:16 PM
Anna into QF with a good 61 75 win over Sacha Jones :yeah: ;)

good luck Anna in QF ;) :kiss:

nouf
May 9th, 2008, 01:36 PM
i talked with fitzy soon her portrait on my website! :-)

wales1994
May 9th, 2008, 04:52 PM
well done fitzpatrick this is her 1st 25k QF ain't it???

winh the tournie now

Europe rocks
May 9th, 2008, 10:14 PM
Good work Anna, keep it up!

TheBoiledEgg
May 13th, 2008, 04:55 AM
this week Anna plays in US (Raleigh 25k)

got a tough 1r vs Albanese
good luck Anna ;)

serenus_2k8
May 13th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Does anyone know of a good site that keeps you updated with the Brit girls' results, where theyre playing etc?

JAMESYBABY!
May 13th, 2008, 07:04 PM
www.gbtennisgirls.com

thts good :p

Natash.
May 14th, 2008, 03:50 AM
Lost to Lauren 6-1 6-0. :eek:

Anna. :shrug:

wales1994
May 14th, 2008, 04:48 PM
:sad: a shit result shes on such poor form :mad:

Get back 2 ur best ;)

Europe rocks
May 14th, 2008, 10:12 PM
Ouch.

10K next week I think for Anna

Mforensic
May 15th, 2008, 11:00 AM
She always does bad in the Americas....it's weird for her!

Mforensic
May 20th, 2008, 01:54 PM
Interesting that Fitzy is playing a 10K in Pennsylvania

TheBoiledEgg
May 21st, 2008, 09:42 PM
Anna won her 1st rd in 3 sets :o

Anna Fitzpatrick d. Courtney Nagle 67(4) 61 64 :yeah: ;) :banana:

Europe rocks
May 21st, 2008, 09:58 PM
Phew. One ranking point gained though :)

Pdm1987
May 23rd, 2008, 09:39 AM
Q USA KISSELL, Michaela d. FITZPATRICK, A [2] 7-6(5) 6-2

no words.

Europe rocks
May 23rd, 2008, 09:45 AM
2008 has been a nightmare for Fitzy so far

Mforensic
May 23rd, 2008, 11:10 AM
Fitzy needs to stay on the european hardcourts....she fairs much better there

Monica_Rules
May 24th, 2008, 02:43 PM
It has not been a good year for Anna. Shes got a great game for grass as her results show, hopefully she cna get her season back in gear during the grass.

Europe rocks
Jun 1st, 2008, 10:52 PM
Surbiton $50,000 Round 1
(WC)A.Fitzpatrick (GB) vs (WC)G.Stoop (GB)

GL girls :)

dybbuk
Jun 23rd, 2008, 09:08 PM
This thread died. :lol: Well, I saw her in the Wimbledon Live archives today for the first time. She has a really pretty game. She hits the ball so cleanly, I love her backhand. What is up with her lately?

Mforensic
Jun 23rd, 2008, 11:56 PM
Fitzy plays dubs tomorrow....GL to her and Hawkins!

wales1994
Jun 24th, 2008, 05:54 PM
they lost 6-1 6-0 :eek:

Europe rocks
Jun 24th, 2008, 10:24 PM
Ouch

Mforensic
Jul 9th, 2008, 07:50 PM
Yeah Fitzy won her first round match at 25K Valladolid, 6-0 2-6 6-3 !!!

She plays a qualifier in the next round.

wales1994
Jul 9th, 2008, 07:56 PM
come on she needs few wins to get a bit of confudence now

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 12th, 2008, 08:52 PM
another disappointing week for Anna :sad:
4 pts

c'mon Anna, you can do better than this

serenus_2k8
Jul 12th, 2008, 08:53 PM
another disappointing week for Anna :sad:
4 pts

c'mon Anna, you can do better than this

Aww, Anna :(

She will turn it around!

Mforensic
Jul 12th, 2008, 09:59 PM
Fitzy is into the dubs final in Spain!

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 16th, 2008, 04:17 AM
Anna top seed and won her 1r in Badajoz
6-1 7-5 :yeah: :D vs Hermosa (ESP)

cas-per
Jul 17th, 2008, 08:58 PM
Bojana BOROVNICA (SCG) defeated Anna FITZPATRICK (GBR) (1) 6-4 7-6(5)
Borovnica is thirty,and best ranking was 1131 in 2006. It was a quite bitter blueberry juice for Anna today (BOROVNICA=blueberry )

dybbuk
Jul 18th, 2008, 12:51 AM
:tape:

Mforensic
Jul 18th, 2008, 02:25 PM
Sad because this is a 10K in which Fitzy should be in the finals for!

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 21st, 2008, 02:07 PM
Fitzy has a stress fracture :sad:

http://www.tennishead.net/prozone/anna-fitzpatrick-blog/

Mforensic
Oct 22nd, 2008, 05:14 PM
That sux!

Europe rocks
Oct 22nd, 2008, 08:53 PM
Let's hope she can do a Georgie and come back stronger than before :)
Get well soon Anna :hug:

Mforensic
Apr 12th, 2009, 10:08 PM
Fitzy is finally getting some wins.....in the dubs arena! Congrats on dubss win in Turkey!

serenus_2k8
Apr 13th, 2009, 10:12 AM
Awesome. Shes quite the dubs player :

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 17th, 2009, 03:43 PM
Anna makes the final of 10k Frinton :bounce: :D :)

good luck in final

best results after her long injury.

Mforensic
Jul 17th, 2009, 10:33 PM
Nice to see Anna stringing some wins togther again.

WIMBY
Jul 17th, 2009, 11:45 PM
Indeed it is :)

serenus_2k8
Jul 18th, 2009, 01:16 PM
She lost in the final to Watson :( Im glad she is back and healthy though, hopefully she can climb back up to where she belongs :D Her win vs Rae was particularly impressive, in straights too :D She was the only player to take a set of young Watson too :D

Joe.
Jul 18th, 2009, 07:59 PM
:hug:

TheBoiledEgg
Aug 5th, 2009, 10:31 PM
Anna won her 1r in Vienna 10k
61 61 vs Babakova

well done Anna ;) :)