Myskina (8)
Safina
Kirilenko
Li
Medina-Garrigues
Q
Bye
Henin-Hardenne (2)

Lolz that we have Momo and Petrova in our half and Christine and Demented are in bottom half!

bis2806
Aug 18th, 2006, 07:36 PM
I can't imagine that Lindsay has a tough road in the draw. First Srebotnik who is by no means easy to beat and then Schiavone, and most probably Momo.

hurricanejeanne
Aug 18th, 2006, 07:37 PM
Yay for getting the players we own in our half. That 'tis nice.

But the first match...umm...Srebotnik scares me a bit (has massive flashback to Lindsay sucking against her at last year's French Open) :unsure:

But overall the draw doesn't totally suck, if she pasts Srebotnik she can defenately make a run at this. She better be ready...

davenport124
Aug 18th, 2006, 08:12 PM
Srebotnik just lost to Ivanovic in the QF in Canada so hopefully she will be tired and disappointed....but she could also be really confident. It all depends on Lindsay, if she is ready to go and on form then she should take her second New Haven trophy.

lindsayno1
Aug 18th, 2006, 08:32 PM
lol yeah but she sucks on red clay. Even sharapova nearly lost there this year! Srebotnik just really keeps the ball in play - shes not amazing. she only had 10 winners against ivanavic today as well. And Ivanavic got 40 - not playing THAT well!

mike/topgun
Aug 18th, 2006, 08:50 PM
Kata Srebotnik=possible 1r upset for Lindsay:scared:
but if she survives it she should beat Momo and Petrova comfortably;)

GO Lindsay:yeah:

how comes that Elena and JHH are on the opposite side of the draw:devil:
Need to play some matches Lindsay. WIN!

lindsayno1
Aug 18th, 2006, 08:57 PM
lol i'll care about this tournament when Big Brother has finished. This final is so good - Davina is hillarious. Surely she should have given birth by now!

But yeah, go Lindsay!

QUEENLINDSAY
Aug 18th, 2006, 08:59 PM
The draw is fine with me, she can handle it.

Lindsayfan
Aug 18th, 2006, 09:20 PM
i dont like her draw. mauresmo comes too early.but if lindsay beats her, then petrova/schnyder are not a problem. anyway, she's n.10 right now, so we can't expect a better draw with such a low-ranking.
GOO LINDSAY!!!!!! :)

Lindsayfan32
Aug 18th, 2006, 09:37 PM
I like the fact Lindsay has to play a first round this time I think it will help her find her form again. As for the draw it could have been worse at least Chirstine and Elena D are in the other half. Its just great to see Lindsay playing again. After LA I would take Lindsay winning her first match then we might be able to start thinking about her winning the title.

davenport124
Aug 18th, 2006, 11:23 PM
At least we don't have to wait to Wednesday or Thursday for her to play because she doesn't have a bye :)

Ty-Ty
Aug 19th, 2006, 12:46 AM
Lindsay better not blow here. :fiery:

GrandSlam05
Aug 19th, 2006, 01:05 AM
I'm likin' this draw. I've never seen Srebotnik play so can't comment. Should be able able to handle Momo if playing decent. I think Patty will make the semis rather than Nadia. That would be a tricky match.
The most dangerous players for Lindsay in this tournament are Justine, Elena, and Kuz. Thankfully they're all in the other half. :rocker:

blumaroo
Aug 19th, 2006, 03:00 AM
Srebotnik has a pretty good first serve. I hope Lindsay reacts a bit quicker than she did against Stosur other wise she might get ousted. I'm not that confident with Momo coming up so early. But better than Justine I guess.

MH0861
Aug 19th, 2006, 05:00 AM
Just happy JHH is on the other side of the draw. Srebotnik is playing well lately; hopefully Linds has gotten better in between tournaments, she's going to have to play well.

GrandSlam05
Aug 19th, 2006, 05:13 AM
I like the fact Lindsay has to play a first round this time I think it will help her find her form again. As for the draw it could have been worse at least Chirstine and Elena D are in the other half. Its just great to see Lindsay playing again. After LA I would take Lindsay winning her first match then we might be able to start thinking about her winning the title.
Yes, winning the title, and then the US Open.

lindsayno1
Aug 19th, 2006, 08:12 AM
Srebotnik isnt THAT good guys....Ana pounded her playing average tennis

mike/topgun
Aug 19th, 2006, 11:15 AM
lindsayno1
We all know that Srebotnik isn't that good, but who knows how Lindsay's gonna play? And if Lindsay plays like she did against Stosur, she may lose that match, no question' bout it.
I hope that she'll be more than 50% this time, cos then she should not have bigger problems with Kata.
It's not that much about Katarina, or her game, it's more abut Lindsay's current form, match practice and fitness.
I hope she's gonna be okay for the Open;)

hurricanejeanne
Aug 19th, 2006, 02:50 PM
I agree, it's not so much how Srebobnik is, it's primarily how Lindsay plays.
They've played eachother twice, both on clay:
Lindsay pounded Srebotnik in 2004 and needed three sets against her in Paris last May.

If Lindsay has improved, especially on serve, since LA then she should be okay, but like Stosur, I'm sure Srebotnik is well aware of Lindsay's lack of matches and her long layoff.
We will see very soon.

The Daviator
Aug 19th, 2006, 09:31 PM
At least we don't have to wait to Wednesday or Thursday for her to play because she doesn't have a bye :)

Same here, she'll probably play on Monday since the final is on Saturday, anyway, Srebotnik is not to be underestimated, definitely going to be tough for Lindsay to defend, but here's hoping for a positive week :)

Andrew..
Aug 20th, 2006, 02:03 AM
Srebotnik is a rough 1r, but her 2r match is really kinda nice. Both are really rusty and/or slumping. I'll be there to support her. :)

IF she gets through those matches, I seriously think she's the favorite out of that section to reach the final.

Ty-Ty
Aug 20th, 2006, 03:21 AM
I think it'll just be like her FO match; rusty tennis in the first set, get it together in the last two and crush her.

I'm so happy Lindsay's back. :banana:

davenport124
Aug 20th, 2006, 01:08 PM
Lindsay has perfect records over all 3 players in her section. She double-bageled Likhovtseva in March!

Nikki
Aug 20th, 2006, 07:14 PM
Good luck Lindsay, have a good run here:)

fnuf7
Aug 20th, 2006, 09:55 PM
I'm just happy Linds is back playing :woohoo: :dance: I almost don't even care if she goes out early, so long as she's healthy and playing :) However, winning would definitely be a good thing ;)

hurricanejeanne
Aug 21st, 2006, 08:20 PM
A little bump for this thread, since I think this one is the "official" New Haven thread. :angel:

Lindsay will play Srebotnik on Tuesday. Cheer! (Or pray she makes it out of the first round alive :unsure: .

lindsayno1
Aug 21st, 2006, 09:26 PM
whats lindsays ranking for the USO?

QUEENLINDSAY
Aug 21st, 2006, 09:42 PM
She should still be rank 10 after Montreal.

Hingis would come in at number 8 Patty at 9 and Vaidasova will be 11 i guess!!!

I might be wrong.

now I'm not sure if New Haven points will be included. I dont think so, since draw will be made wednesday.

lindsayno1
Aug 21st, 2006, 09:54 PM
well schnyder just lost to tian sun or whatever her name was! lol...a qualifier, so that 2nd quarter is even more of a joke now!!! So if we get as far as momo and beat her, we should be set for a final!

LethalLindsay
Aug 22nd, 2006, 01:04 AM
No, Lindsay is now ranked 11th

hurricanejeanne
Aug 22nd, 2006, 01:33 AM
OOP for tomorrow is out.

Lindsay vs. Katarina Srebotnik is fourth up on Center Court. Matches start at 10 am EST.

Okay, Lindsay, I don't care how you win this match, just win this match.
Let the nerves begin!

!<blocparty>!
Aug 22nd, 2006, 01:53 AM
Sounds like she's going to blow, and doesn't care. Whatever.

Good luck 'n stuff.

GrandSlam05
Aug 22nd, 2006, 03:02 AM
Sounds like she's going to blow, and doesn't care. Whatever.

Good luck 'n stuff.
The only blowing she's going to do is when she blows Srebotnik off the court. :lol:

Nikki
Aug 22nd, 2006, 09:59 AM
Good luck Lindsay, win this:)

davenport124
Aug 22nd, 2006, 02:38 PM
Come on Lindsay, make it 3-0 against Srebotnik!

Kelly
Aug 22nd, 2006, 06:05 PM
ok i havent done this for ages soooo....

GOOOOOOO LINDSAY!!!! woowoowoowooooot

LindsayRulz
Aug 22nd, 2006, 09:35 PM
First set Miss Davenport 6 games to 3 :)

mike/topgun
Aug 22nd, 2006, 09:39 PM
and *2-0 up in the second set :devil:
65% of 1st serve in and 71% points won on 1st serve :D

WOW:bounce: this is better than I expected and definitely more convincing, cos it seems Lindsay is less rusty than she was in LA two weeks ago;) and Kata is not as bad, as Stosur was:lol:

Just finish it off in str8 Lindsay.:yeah:

:bounce:

lindsayno1
Aug 22nd, 2006, 09:53 PM
lindsays killing her...

Elske
Aug 22nd, 2006, 09:59 PM
4-2 :bounce: :cool:

LindsayRulz
Aug 22nd, 2006, 10:10 PM
Game set and match Miss Davenport 6-3 6-3 :D

mike/topgun
Aug 22nd, 2006, 10:12 PM
Congrats Lindsay on your first victory in 5 months:worship:

davenport124
Aug 22nd, 2006, 10:12 PM
Woo-hooo!!!!! Well done Lindsay :D :D :D :D

Next up is Schiavone....

LDF
Aug 22nd, 2006, 10:13 PM
Well done Lindsay :banana:

60% of first serves in (winning 72% of the points), and 7 aces to 2 DFs. :D

The Daviator
Aug 22nd, 2006, 10:15 PM
Great form :worship:

She'll need it if she's going to defend :scared:

lindsayno1
Aug 22nd, 2006, 10:18 PM
im happy. i wanna see some pics...and she best have looked happy when she won! lol

hurricanejeanne
Aug 22nd, 2006, 10:24 PM
Well done Lindsay :banana:

60% of first serves in (winning 72% of the points), and 7 aces to 2 DFs. :D

:eek: Those are some fantastic stats, especially when you compare them to LA!

Oh Lindsay....let me officially welcome you back with a VICTORY!!!!
:bounce: :worship: :woohoo:

Lindsayfan32
Aug 22nd, 2006, 10:30 PM
Nice time filler before I go off to school and by the sounds of it a great match is it just me or does it sound like the old Lindsay is starting to make a reappearance and that great if anyone has it could they please uploada video I would love to see it. I'm just happy she's back but it better when she wins. I love Lindsay win, lose or draw.

lindsayno1
Aug 22nd, 2006, 10:33 PM
pics up on getty. her hairs well long!

mike/topgun
Aug 22nd, 2006, 11:19 PM
anyone has it could they please uploada video I would love to see it.
I'm afraid it wasn't televised...

Great service stats:yeah: - maybe the rust is not there anymore.;)
Now, I'm quite cofident that, if Lindsay maintains that level of play and service the quarterfinal Vs Mauresmo is very realistic, or even highly probable.:bounce:

-->In the NEWS:
http://www.eurosport.com/tennis/wta-new-haven/2006/sport_sto949361.shtml (http://)

Davenport claims victory

Lindsay Davenport claimed her first victory since returning from injury when she crushed Katarina Srebotnik of Slovenia 6-3 6-3 to reach the second round of the WTA event in New Haven on Tuesday.

Beaten in her first match in Los Angeles two weeks ago, the American former world number one looked much more like her old self as she clinched victory in just over an hour.

"That was a lot better than my first match back," Davenport told reporters.

"When I first started practising again, almost six weeks ago exactly, this was always my target tournament, when I would be 100 percent.

"Two weeks ago, I was having real trouble reacting to serves but today was much better, that was where I thought the most improvement was."

The defending champion and seventh seed hit seven aces and though she got a bit tight when serving for the match, she held on to set up a meeting with Italian Francesca Schiavone.

Davenport - who was off the Tour for just under five months because of her back injury - has been critical of the WTA, the ruling body of the women's Tour, for not granting her wildcard entries to previous events.

"It's a really long story," Davenport said.

"I was trying to play most of the summer but the Tour wouldn't allow me too. In April, they wanted me to sign up to 10 or 11 tournaments and I couldn't do that as I didn't want to pull out of tournaments.

"But they said I had to do that and I wasn't going to do that. They would use me to market tournaments and then I would look like the bad guy for pulling out.

"Pulling out of tournaments is the biggest problem we have. There are tournaments where players are never going to play in (but are marketed) and the Tour knows that. I am right in my principle and I stand by that."

Now that she is back, though, Davenport said she was sure of being able to get back to her best eventually.

"I'm not expecting miracles to happen this week in New Haven," she said.

"I still feel I can play well. I don't know if it will be next week at the Open, or next week when it all comes together but I know I can still play good tennis."

GrandSlam05
Aug 22nd, 2006, 11:41 PM
Kudos to her for taking the high road.
And yes, I also believe she has some "good tennis" left in her. ;)

hurricanejeanne
Aug 22nd, 2006, 11:54 PM
Very interesting article. Nice to hear her elaborate more on the "commitment list conflict" which is why she was denied the wildcards. Shame on the tour, in April she was having troubles getting out of bed, how was she going to sign up for tournaments? She is right, and I'm sure the remainer of her peers on tour agree with her. The tour needs to be more respectful to the players. I proud of her for standing her ground...the rest of the players I feel should also voice their opion on this issue if they too have had the same problem.

I love the fact that she still believes she has some good tennis in her. If she believes, then I believe, and believing is the first step.

davenport124
Aug 23rd, 2006, 02:31 AM
Congrats to Lindsay for winning her first match in her 30's. Hopefully there will be many more!

GrandSlam05
Aug 23rd, 2006, 03:39 AM
Congrats to Lindsay for winning her first match in her 30's. Hopefully there will be many more!
LOL good point! Granny goes for the gold!

bis2806
Aug 23rd, 2006, 04:11 AM
Good points she made there and I too stand by her principle :)

Andrew..
Aug 23rd, 2006, 04:16 AM
Lindsay says this US Open will be her last. But she says she'll play the AO next year.

Yeah, that's a plan.

GrandSlam05
Aug 23rd, 2006, 04:22 AM
Lindsay says this US Open will be her last. But she says she'll play the AO next year.

Yeah, that's a plan.
Yeah, it sounds silly, but I'd rather see her play it by ear than set an exact retirement date ala Kim. It just takes the pressure off. If she's feeling well and playing well, keep going. If not, she can retire without going back on her word.
BTW Andrew did you watch the Blake match? WTF happened?

GrandSlam05
Aug 23rd, 2006, 04:24 AM
On a scale of 1 to 10 where is her game right now as opposed to where she needs to be to win the USO? Or is it even possible at all?

lindsayno1
Aug 23rd, 2006, 07:48 AM
take lindsay with a pinch of salt...she said wimbledon 2004 was her last...!

mike/topgun
Aug 23rd, 2006, 08:28 AM
:lol: very true indeed

hurricanejeanne
Aug 23rd, 2006, 10:32 AM

I agree, with Lindsay, you never really know what will happen. She didn't say definate either.
If she's gonna train the offseason for Australia, you may as well play thru the year, but look what happened this year, she planned far ahead and got screwed by injuries, her health, and the tour. So I agree with Grandslam05, she's probably back to playing it by ear, a la late 2004 with all those Indian Wells retirement crap.

Meh, OOP for today is up:
Lindsay vs. Schiavone is not before 14:30.
Come on Lindsay!

mike/topgun
Aug 23rd, 2006, 08:29 PM
Lindsay's just beaten Fran, 6-4, 6-2 in 1h8' :yeah:
66% 1st serves in
5 ACES, 3 dfs

Next up - quarterfinal vs 1. Amelie Mauresmo:scared:

hurricanejeanne
Aug 23rd, 2006, 08:44 PM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
yay Lindsay!!! another solid win.

She is having some issues with serving sets out.
Watching it now on ESPN2, some movement issues, serve is solid, but she's having problems here and there. Expected.

The mood of death is back though, two games into the match and she was already talking to herself. :lol: :tape:

Oh, and thanks to ESPN2 for doing like four camera shots of Adam at the beginning of the match, not like I'm nervous enough. :angel:

Best of luck against Mauresmo, remember you own her.

The Daviator
Aug 23rd, 2006, 09:33 PM
I'm gonna say Davey def. MoMo 6-1 7-5 :)

hurricanejeanne
Aug 23rd, 2006, 09:40 PM
Aww, they just interviewed her post match on espn.

She said she feels great, she's looking forward to playing Amelie, and that she's happy to be playing well again and winning.
She feels every week she has gotten better and better.
She likes Justine and Amelie for faves at the USO.

They talked about how she stayed in shape over the months, she said about four weeks into her rehab she was able to do bike and pilates and then slowly back up in to doing weights.

And PMac said it great, "5 more years Lindsay, 5 more years."
Allez to that.

God I missed Lindsay so much, so articulate, so beautiful.

GrandSlam05
Aug 23rd, 2006, 09:42 PM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
yay Lindsay!!! another solid win.

She is having some issues with serving sets out.
Watching it now on ESPN2, some movement issues, serve is solid, but she's having problems here and there. Expected.

The mood of death is back though, two games into the match and she was already talking to herself. :lol: :tape:

Oh, and thanks to ESPN2 for doing like four camera shots of Adam at the beginning of the match, not like I'm nervous enough. :angel:

Best of luck against Mauresmo, remember you own her.
The 1st set maybe some issues serving it out. But the 2nd set, Schiavone just came up with the goods. That passing shot and drop shot were just perfect.
I think the forehand is looking better than when she came back here last year, the serve too.

hurricanejeanne
Aug 23rd, 2006, 09:57 PM
yeah, Fran was bringing out her game down those match points, so it definately wasn't Lindsay having issues.

Agree about the serve and forehand too, the thing that makes me worried is her movement, I know it's always her main issue, but I don't think it's where it was a year ago. But whatever if she's aggressive, she should be okay.

Watching this I realized this is the first time since March that I have seen her in a match. Much nicer than last time. I think she is better than she was at the beginning of the year. That says a lot to me.

GrandSlam05
Aug 23rd, 2006, 10:02 PM
I agree she was slow. Hopefully she just was lazy and didn't want to move b/c she felt she was "in control" of the match (which really she was).
And I agree HJ about her being better than in Australia, for sure. Maybe it's the long hair, brings out the devil in our girl. ;)
Hopefully she beats Momo to a bloody pulp tomorrow (and Justine on Sat.)

lindsayno1
Aug 23rd, 2006, 10:05 PM
well lindz didnt need to play 'well' v franny....she'll really step it up when she needs to. shes 'old' so doesnt wanna waste energy ;)

hurricanejeanne
Aug 23rd, 2006, 10:19 PM
I agree she was slow. Hopefully she just was lazy and didn't want to move b/c she felt she was "in control" of the match (which really she was).
And I agree HJ about her being better than in Australia, for sure. Maybe it's the long hair, brings out the devil in our girl. ;)
Hopefully she beats Momo to a bloody pulp tomorrow (and Justine on Sat.)

I agree as well, Lindsay was only really "trying" to move at the end when she had match points, and Fran had those two great shots, Lindsay so close to getting them back.
I think she's looking better than in Australia because she is with a coach that knows how to work her game, that was always something Adam was good at. Lindsay was very remincent of her past, she's rusty and she's playing better than in the beginning of the season. I don't know what will happen this week or the next two weeks but it's looking up.
She should beat Momo based on these two matches, and the mental edge. It will be tough, because I can't see Momo fading away if it gets tough but Lindsay is playing well for her being out for so long.

And...Lindsay + Ponytail ala 2004 = :devil:

:angel: go Lindsay!

GrandSlam05
Aug 23rd, 2006, 11:09 PM
Amelie has had her success this season, now it's time for her to start taking beat-downs at the hands of Lindsay again.

Robbie.
Aug 23rd, 2006, 11:32 PM
It will be interesting to see how she does against Momo - certainly a measuring stick of sorts.

GrandSlam05
Aug 23rd, 2006, 11:41 PM
So will Lindsay-Momo be the afternoon match or the night match? I thought it'd be the night match b/c Linds is American and Momo is #1, but I didn't know. I hope so because I'm getting my tivo tomorrow, but won't get it until after 2pm. I watched Lind's match on from vidoo.com today. It was a little bit blurry.

!<blocparty>!
Aug 23rd, 2006, 11:51 PM
Lindsay better be on in the daytime, to accommodate the Eurpean audience. :angel:

GrandSlam05
Aug 24th, 2006, 12:28 AM
Lindsay better be on in the daytime, to accommodate the Eurpean audience. :angel:
No. Bitch. Night Match. :wavey:
Love the new avatar! :lol:

!<blocparty>!
Aug 24th, 2006, 12:30 AM
No. Night. Match.

You'll probably get replays anyway.

Ty-Ty
Aug 24th, 2006, 01:20 AM
It had better not be replay's. I'm ditching drills for this. :fiery:

MH0861
Aug 24th, 2006, 01:30 AM
LOL well the feature night match sure as hell isn't going to be Stosur vs. Bartoli, LMAO. It's either Linds/Amelie or Sveta/Elena, for sure.

hurricanejeanne
Aug 24th, 2006, 02:08 AM
LOL at the debate on match time.

Alas, The OOP for Thursday has been released...

Lindsay vs. Mauresmo is to be not before 7 pm, EST.
Night match.

The thing is looking at espn's glorious coverage of this fine tournament, they don't have a window for this time. They have a window for 10 pm...meh, tape delay. Whatevers, as long as Lindsay wins, I'm totally fine with it.
This match is huge for Lindsay, this will determine where she is in her "getting back to her old self" process. I hope she wins.

GrandSlam05
Aug 24th, 2006, 02:09 AM
The Linds-Momo match is scheduled for tomorrow evening. Not to start before 7pm. Ha Tim! ;) You can stay up til 2 or 3 can't u?

!<blocparty>!
Aug 24th, 2006, 02:12 AM
My scoreboard doesn't work. :sad: Not even on the PC. So, whatever.

Hopefully it'll be over by 1:30am.

GrandSlam05
Aug 24th, 2006, 02:13 AM
LOL at the debate on match time.

Alas, The OOP for Thursday has been released...

Lindsay vs. Mauresmo is to be not before 7 pm, EST.
Night match.

The thing is looking at espn's glorious coverage of this fine tournament, they don't have a window for this time. They have a window for 10 pm...meh, tape delay. Whatevers, as long as Lindsay wins, I'm totally fine with it.
This match is huge for Lindsay, this will determine where she is in her "getting back to her old self" process. I hope she wins.
dammit, I hate the tape delay! That means I'll have to follow the live score, then of course watch the match. Ick that means twice as much time. Oh I hope Lindsay knows how much study time she's taking away from me. :lol:
Good thing it's earlier in the evening though as she doesn't like late night matches does she?
She can beat Momo black and blue and be in bed by 8:30 pm. ;)

GrandSlam05
Aug 24th, 2006, 02:15 AM
My scoreboard doesn't work. :sad: Not even on the PC. So, whatever.

Hopefully it'll be over by 1:30am.
Well, if I end up following the live score then I could instant message you. LOL just like the Linds-Mary match at YEC. Remember that? I was so heartbroken. Came back from 5-2 in first set to lose it anyway.

!<blocparty>!
Aug 24th, 2006, 02:21 AM
Well, if I end up following the live score then I could instant message you. LOL just like the Linds-Mary match at YEC. Remember that? I was so heartbroken. Came back from 5-2 in first set to lose it anyway.

Yes, if you sign on MSN that is... which is like, once every 10 years, possibly?

I remember that match well, the quality sounded insane. :eek: I actually watched the Maria Lindsay YEC second set today. It sucked. The courts are HORRIBLE.

GrandSlam05
Aug 24th, 2006, 02:28 AM
Yes, if you sign on MSN that is... which is like, once every 10 years, possibly?

I remember that match well, the quality sounded insane. :eek: I actually watched the Maria Lindsay YEC second set today. It sucked. The courts are HORRIBLE.
If I follow the livescore, I'll sign on. Promise. ;)
That match was insane. Pierce was probably 100%. Linds could not quite be at her very best. She tried, but just couldn't quite get there and she needed to be that day. Just a couple points here or there and it would've been 7-6 7-6 for Lindsay though. I didn't like the courts either and the matches were late at night which ticked Lindsay off. Everything seemed small and enclosed too.
I loved the end of 2nd set during the Sharapova match when Linds started to turn things around. She banged that forehand winner off of Sharapova's serve and I knew she still had some life left in her. Cliff Drysdale was about to pee himself with the idea of a 3rd set. I know she didn't care about that match b/c she was already in the semis, but it's too bad she didn't try and beat Maria in the 3rd set. Would've allowed her to play Momo instead of Pierce.

hurricanejeanne
Aug 24th, 2006, 02:33 AM
The courts at the LA YEC always sucked and the camera angle was seriously retarded.
The Mary match was heartbreaking, the Sharashrieker match just pissed me off. Meh. (tells self to just let it go...)

I HATE livescoring with a passion, I get a million times more nervous because I cannot see what's going on. The only positive is I can just walk away from my computer for a breather now and again.

Anyways, Lindsay will either spank or be spanked, her bedtime is 9 pm sharp.

GrandSlam05
Aug 24th, 2006, 02:52 AM
The courts at the LA YEC always sucked and the camera angle was seriously retarded.
The Mary match was heartbreaking, the Sharashrieker match just pissed me off. Meh. (tells self to just let it go...)

I HATE livescoring with a passion, I get a million times more nervous because I cannot see what's going on. The only positive is I can just walk away from my computer for a breather now and again.

Anyways, Lindsay will either spank or be spanked, her bedtime is 9 pm sharp.
It's too bad they don't move the YEC back to Madison Square Garden. From what others have said, it was a great venue. I don't like livescoring much either, but every time I try to hold out, I can't do it. I need that instant gratification baby. ;)

Veeko
Aug 24th, 2006, 02:54 AM
good job Lindsay

good luck next match

hurricanejeanne
Aug 24th, 2006, 03:05 AM
It's too bad they don't move the YEC back to Madison Square Garden. From what others have said, it was a great venue. I don't like livescoring much either, but every time I try to hold out, I can't do it. I need that instant gratification baby. ;)

Yeah, me too, from what I have heard MSG was a great venue and had no issues with selling tickets either, the seats in LA were always empty. :help:

I try to hold out too, I will wait for the match to begin, and try and wait a half an hour before checking in on it. LOL, and then its 10-15 minutes incriments from there on out. There's only one match I gave up on in livescoring :tape: but I have left a few off for work, those are the worse, I then proceed to panic the entire 8 hours I'm not home(I don't have access to a pc at work...retail sucks :tape: ).

Andrew..
Aug 24th, 2006, 04:09 AM
Lindsay played quite well today. And she served out the match on her first shot, which was great to see.

She can beat Mauresmo tomorrow. She's playing better tennis right now.

jacs
Aug 24th, 2006, 04:32 AM
Yeah, me too, from what I have heard MSG was a great venue and had no issues with selling tickets either, the seats in LA were always empty. :help:

I try to hold out too, I will wait for the match to begin, and try and wait a half an hour before checking in on it. LOL, and then its 10-15 minutes incriments from there on out. There's only one match I gave up on in livescoring :tape: but I have left a few off for work, those are the worse, I then proceed to panic the entire 8 hours I'm not home(I don't have access to a pc at work...retail sucks :tape: ).

:sad: I miss the MSG courts for the season ending championships :sad:

mike/topgun
Aug 24th, 2006, 09:34 AM
Lindsay played quite well today. And she served out the match on her first shot, which was great to see.

She can beat Mauresmo tomorrow. She's playing better tennis right now.
This opinion is a good sign.
I bet she'll be risking a lot to win this match, so either she'll win in str8 or lose in str8. Would there be a point in playing 3 set, with her speed on court atm?
MSG was a great venue - definitely the best WTA could get. Those memorable matches in front of over 20tho spectators. LA was :tape: , hope that Madrid will be better than Munich. :lol:

bis2806
Aug 24th, 2006, 06:34 PM
I don't get it. What time is the match tonight going to be televised on ESPN2? 10 pm or 9 pm or 7 pm? If it's 9 or 10, which ESPN seems to suggest, that means we won't get to see it live.

GrandSlam05
Aug 24th, 2006, 06:47 PM
I don't get it. What time is the match tonight going to be televised on ESPN2? 10 pm or 9 pm or 7 pm? If it's 9 or 10, which ESPN seems to suggest, that means we won't get to see it live.
It's broadcast at 10 pm eastern, so it won't be live. It is for sure the lindsay match though b/c I checked the online espn2 schedule.

jbeacinu
Aug 24th, 2006, 06:49 PM
O great I will probably be asleep...stupid school

Lindsayfan32
Aug 24th, 2006, 09:16 PM
dammit, I hate the tape delay! That means I'll have to follow the live score, then of course watch the match. Ick that means twice as much time. Oh I hope Lindsay knows how much study time she's taking away from me. :lol:
Good thing it's earlier in the evening though as she doesn't like late night matches does she?
She can beat Momo black and blue and be in bed by 8:30 pm. ;)

I know how you feel. I've been getting up early watching the scores from Lindsay matches and then going to school and sitting in classes all day. It great Lindsay doing well again but it been killing me. Don't about the beating momo black and blue though, I would be happy with any sort of win at the moment.

lindsayno1
Aug 24th, 2006, 10:11 PM
the worst one was the AO final v serena last year. That was horrendous. I was SO ill, and i slept on the sofa and set my alarm to watch it. Sad I know,but it was a grand slam final - and she tanked it from half way thru the second :@

GrandSlam05
Aug 24th, 2006, 10:18 PM
I know how you feel. I've been getting up early watching the scores from Lindsay matches and then going to school and sitting in classes all day. It great Lindsay doing well again but it been killing me. Don't about the beating momo black and blue though, I would be happy with any sort of win at the moment.
It's worth it for Lindsay. ;)
She's going to leave Momo in tears. :sad:

MH0861
Aug 24th, 2006, 10:43 PM
the worst one was the AO final v serena last year. That was horrendous. I was SO ill, and i slept on the sofa and set my alarm to watch it. Sad I know,but it was a grand slam final - and she tanked it from half way thru the second :@

I woke up at like 3 or 4am to watch the AO quarterfinal against Christine.. I turned on the TV and it was like 5-2 Lindsay or something and I knew she was going to lose anyways. :lol: Back to sleep, glad I did.

I stayed up REALLY late for the SF against Dechy and I was so tired, and the whole time I'm thinking "I can't believe I'm staying up for THIS." :lol:

The Daviator
Aug 24th, 2006, 10:51 PM
I stayed up for the AO '05 final too, even after the first set, I just kept thinking there's no chance, that it's too good to be true, once she blew 6 bps at 2-2 in the second, that's when I knew I was right :o

GrandSlam05
Aug 24th, 2006, 10:52 PM
I woke up at like 3 or 4am to watch the AO quarterfinal against Christine.. I turned on the TV and it was like 5-2 Lindsay or something and I knew she was going to lose anyways. :lol: Back to sleep, glad I did.

I stayed up REALLY late for the SF against Dechy and I was so tired, and the whole time I'm thinking "I can't believe I'm staying up for THIS." :lol:
Same here. Got up at 2 or 3 for the Justine match and Linds was serving for it at 5-2. Unlike you though, I finished the match. It sucked.
The Dechy match I turned off after she lost the 1st set. Losing to Justine is one thing, but losing to Dechy is another. And at that point I totally thought she was going to lose.

hurricanejeanne
Aug 24th, 2006, 10:54 PM

LOL, I didn't even get up for the quarter this AO vs. Christine. Woke up at normal time and was surprised she won the first set, considering she jacked her ankle in the match prior. I expected her to lose after that.

Okay, the SF against Dechy was torture. I watched Serena/Sharashrieker from start to finish, just wanting it to end. My nerves were already shot from the QF against Molik, where I had a full on panic attack watching the live scores. :tape: So I spent the majority of the Dechy match hanging over my trash can because that match made me so sick. Then I had to work a full day on an hour sleep only to go home that Friday and watch Lindsay fall apart in that final set. :sad: I had nothing left emotionally after that tournament, I almost didn't care about Tokyo, one of my favorite tournaments, the following week.
That sucked. Meh.

I hope she does well against Mauresmo, not too long now.

GrandSlam05
Aug 24th, 2006, 11:04 PM
LOL, I didn't even get up for the quarter this AO vs. Christine. Woke up at normal time and was surprised she won the first set, considering she jacked her ankle in the match prior. I expected her to lose after that.

Okay, the SF against Dechy was torture. I watched Serena/Sharashrieker from start to finish, just wanting it to end. My nerves were already shot from the QF against Molik, where I had a full on panic attack watching the live scores. :tape: So I spent the majority of the Dechy match hanging over my trash can because that match made me so sick. Then I had to work a full day on an hour sleep only to go home that Friday and watch Lindsay fall apart in that final set. :sad: I had nothing left emotionally after that tournament, I almost didn't care about Tokyo, one of my favorite tournaments, the following week.
That sucked. Meh.

I hope she does well against Mauresmo, not too long now.
I actual enjoyed the Molik match. I also liked the Ree/Mee match except for the noise. I just loved seeing Masha squander those mp's. :lol:
The 3rd set in the final was just devastating. I kept hoping she might catch a 2nd wind. When she was broken to 3-0, I gave up hope, but I at least wanted her to win one freakin' game.

!<blocparty>!
Aug 24th, 2006, 11:09 PM
Willie where are you. :o

Ty-Ty
Aug 24th, 2006, 11:28 PM
WTF. I could've swore ESPN2 was showing this match live. I looked it up yesterday. :o

I have a fuckin' replay. :rolleyes:

Ty-Ty
Aug 24th, 2006, 11:53 PM
Two aces to close out the first set 6-4. I'm guessing she's serving like a mad woman. :bounce:

Poor Ame, though. She keeps losing these 6-4 sets. 5/9 sets she's played here against Lindsay, she's lost 6-4. It must be like a reoccuring nightmare.

I bet that sucks ass.

jbeacinu
Aug 25th, 2006, 12:04 AM
wh00 pretty good first set I hear she will be showed on espn2? anyone know what time?

Ty-Ty
Aug 25th, 2006, 12:07 AM
Should be on in two hours, but who the hell knows with ESPN2 anymore. :o

davenport124
Aug 25th, 2006, 12:40 AM
Lindsay's through over the world no.1 6-4 7-5 :bounce: Next up is Stosur, hopefully she will get revenge for the LA match :)

hurricanejeanne
Aug 25th, 2006, 12:45 AM
:banana:
LINDSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY!!!!

I am so fucking proud of you right now...Amelie kept breaking you back but you held your nerve in the end. :sobbing: Tears of joy. I was all prepared for a 2002 styled meltdown.

Now, you must get revenge on Stosur!!! Please!

Lindsay :worship:

The Daviator
She was playing fantastic tennis until 6-4 *3-1, then it was a case who would choke more :o

Now, thrash Sam! :bounce:

mike/topgun
congrats Lindsay:yeah:
what a match:worship:
8 aces, 1 df
61% of 1st serves in, 71% of points won on 1st serve

Amelie is Lindsay's bitch, no question about it:devil:

mike/topgun
Aug 25th, 2006, 12:48 AM
To all of The TOPs who have espn2 - please upload the Lindsay - Amelie match:hatoff:

LindsayRulz
Aug 25th, 2006, 12:48 AM
wow good job Lindsay!
She is still a TOP player!!!

Robbie.
Aug 25th, 2006, 12:49 AM
The key to Lindsay's game is the serve. She seemed to be serving exceptionally into mid way through the second. If she can keep up good serving I see good things in the future.

hurricanejeanne
Aug 25th, 2006, 12:57 AM
The only thing that concerns me is her closing things out, she didn't save any of the three break points she was down. Also, the break fest in the second was insane, I look forward to watching this match in an hour, if Amelie returned well, then I'm okay, if Lindsay sucked in those games we have a little problem.

But I totally agree with Robbie, her serve sets the rhythm of her entire game, she is serving better than I could have dreamed coming into this tournament. I hope this win gives her a lot of confidence.

GrandSlam05
Aug 25th, 2006, 01:07 AM
She was playing fantastic tennis until 6-4 *3-1, then it was a case who would choke more :o

Now, thrash Sam! :bounce:
I think at that point her 1st serve started dipping and that's when she kept getting broken. But that's still surprising considering Momo's got the weakest return of serve in the top 10. Oh well, a win is a win and it's in str8's so even better! :bounce:

The Daviator
Aug 25th, 2006, 01:19 AM
I think at that point her 1st serve started dipping and that's when she kept getting broken. But that's still surprising considering Momo's got the weakest return of serve in the top 10. Oh well, a win is a win and it's in str8's so even better! :bounce:

Had she even lost that set, nevermind the match, it could have been a blow to the confidence, but she really gritted it out, and eventually served it out with ease :)

MH0861
Aug 25th, 2006, 01:23 AM
I actual enjoyed the Molik match. I also liked the Ree/Mee match except for the noise. I just loved seeing Masha squander those mp's. :lol:
The 3rd set in the final was just devastating. I kept hoping she might catch a 2nd wind. When she was broken to 3-0, I gave up hope, but I at least wanted her to win one freakin' game.

The Molik match was really exciting. I think I saw the last set on TV, I don't really remember though.

I watched the AO final with my friends, actually. They all wanted to hang out and whatever and I wouldn't go unless we could watch it, LOL. :lol: Luckily most were tennis fans, but I was SO embarassed with her performance by the end. :sad:

MH0861
Aug 25th, 2006, 01:26 AM
The only thing that concerns me is her closing things out, she didn't save any of the three break points she was down. Also, the break fest in the second was insane, I look forward to watching this match in an hour, if Amelie returned well, then I'm okay, if Lindsay sucked in those games we have a little problem.

But I totally agree with Robbie, her serve sets the rhythm of her entire game, she is serving better than I could have dreamed coming into this tournament. I hope this win gives her a lot of confidence.

At this point, I'm still in the "I'm just glad she won the match" phase, as has been the case all week. I feel like I can't really nitpick this stuff because this comeback is going better than I personally expected. I'm excited to watch it though. :D

A potential final with JHH could be interesting. Provided Linds beats Sammy. :help:

GrandSlam05
Aug 25th, 2006, 01:41 AM
The Molik match was really exciting. I think I saw the last set on TV, I don't really remember though.

I watched the AO final with my friends, actually. They all wanted to hang out and whatever and I wouldn't go unless we could watch it, LOL. :lol: Luckily most were tennis fans, but I was SO embarassed with her performance by the end. :sad:
The Molik matching was SO long. I remember Pam saying, "Your feet just start to kill you in a match like this." Wish I could've seen Alicia take out Big Vee. ;)
Another good one was right after Serena beat Amelie 6-2 6-2, Pam said, "Mauresmo played like a dog out there." :lol:

GrandSlam05
Aug 25th, 2006, 01:52 AM
Some snippets from yahoo article on tonite's match:
Serving superbly and hitting with huge power on both sides, former world number one Davenport broke serve in the third game and held on to win the first set.

Davenport, the defending champion, was off the Tour for five months due to a back injury and said she was well ahead of schedule.

"If you told me I would have beaten the number one player in the world sometime in the last six months, I probably would not have believed you," Davenport said.

"I was happy out there. Win or lose, where I'm at is just miles away from where I've been the last few months. I am determined to enjoy this."

hurricanejeanne
Aug 25th, 2006, 01:54 AM

OMG, I had a full on panic attack during the Molik match. Too much drama. I would like to watch it though. ESPN started airing it from the beginning during the middle of the second set. My panic began when she doublefaulted twice to drop the second set. Yeah. I had to give up on that one, otherwise I would have ended up in the hospital. It was really bad. I went to bed early in the third and wrote the match off as a loss. I was over the moon the next morning when I saw the score though. ;) I also liked the Serena match. Nice.

I don't like talking about the final. I was so hopeful until she dropped those breakpoints and then her serve. When she went down 4-0 in the third I was already really upset. I couldn't watch, but I couldn't turn away. Trainwreck. I was just happy Serena didn't prance around like an idiot after she won. Sigh. Bad night.

hurricanejeanne
Aug 25th, 2006, 01:58 AM
Some snippets from yahoo article on tonite's match:
Serving superbly and hitting with huge power on both sides, former world number one Davenport broke serve in the third game and held on to win the first set.

Davenport, the defending champion, was off the Tour for five months due to a back injury and said she was well ahead of schedule.

"If you told me I would have beaten the number one player in the world sometime in the last six months, I probably would not have believed you," Davenport said.

"I was happy out there. Win or lose, where I'm at is just miles away from where I've been the last few months. I am determined to enjoy this."

Awwwwwwww....Lindsay I loves you. :hearts:
LOL she is determined to prove Jon wrong, he didn't believe her when she said she was going to enjoy coming back. LOL.
I'm still beaming with pride.

Ty-Ty
Aug 25th, 2006, 02:14 AM
How many times have I heard Lindsay say, "If you would've told me I would've done so and so some amount of time ago, I'dve never believed you." :lol: She said the exact same thing here last year.

She just's full of suprises.

Veeko
Aug 25th, 2006, 02:18 AM
how great Lindsay is

come on come on next round

hurricanejeanne
Aug 25th, 2006, 04:10 AM
Just watched the match. Loves the outfit by the way. ;)

another stat: 25 winners; 30 errors.

11 of 14 at net. Nice.

Overall the match was solid from Lindsay. She did drop her serve three times however in the second set. From what I observed she was a little tenative at that point, taking a little off her shots for more margin and shortening her second serve. That's rust IMO. She's still shanking a few too many balls for her liking and mine...but that's what you have to expect after this kind of layoff.
But when she returned she was very aggressive and that was nice to see.
And when she served for the match the second time she was solid and we had a little fist pump at the end. ;)

They talked to her after the match. She said she was good in the first, little too many errors in the second. She was asked about her physicality, she said she's still getting a bit fatigued but she's okay ;) it's getting better. Overall she was stoked to be in the semis and to have a second shot at Stosur.

Best of luck Lindsay...I think I'm more nervous about her playing Stosur than I was about her playing Momo. :unsure:

Andrew..
Aug 25th, 2006, 04:20 AM
Good match. Lindsay served like Jesus until 3-2 in the second. She seemed very happy when she won. Her first victory over a world number one since Filderstadt 03.

About the AO, Lindsay really played like crap all through that tournament in 2005, and it's actually quite ironic that she made her first slam final in years there.

Andrew..
Aug 25th, 2006, 04:23 AM
Best of luck Lindsay...I think I'm more nervous about her playing Stosur than I was about her playing Momo. :unsure:
Well, no. Mauresmo is the world number one, Stosur is not near there.

I think it says alot that Stosur needed three sets to beat a cold Lindsay. If Lindsay is playing half-way decent tennis, she's winning this one in straights.

GrandSlam05
Aug 25th, 2006, 04:42 AM

I think it says alot that Stosur needed three sets to beat a cold Lindsay. If Lindsay is playing half-way decent tennis, she's winning this one in straights.
It was really sort of a "crappy" tournament. Serena was not playing her best and neither was Lindsay and I think both were kind of fortunate to get as far as they did. :lol:

bis2806
Aug 25th, 2006, 04:44 AM
Then why did ESPN2 list it to be at 9 pm on their website when it started at 10 pm?

hurricanejeanne
Aug 25th, 2006, 04:48 AM

I know....but I'm still nervous :p .

I do agree about your last bit. It was still close and Lindsay sucked in that match. I'm worried about her getting worn out too early, her movement a little, and how she's up and down with her shots over all, she'll serve like god for a set and some games and then back off. Stosur is playing well, and just beat Lindsay so she'll have the confidence that she can do it again. Intangibles.

Reguarding AO 05, I do think Lindsay played underpar in that tournament, but she fought hard, which was the big difference and she was playing doubles and fighting...it still sucked that she ran out of gas in the final. I do agree with you.

OOP for tomorrow is out...Lindsay vs Stosur is at 12 pm EST...ESPN2 will show it live and I'll be at work...meh. Lindsay do your best please.

GrandSlam05
Aug 25th, 2006, 05:05 AM
Then why did ESPN2 list it to be at 9 pm on their website when it started at 10 pm?
:confused: I'm pretty sure it was listed for 10pm EST. It came on at 9pm here b/c I live in the midwest.

lindsayno1
Aug 25th, 2006, 06:56 AM
shes not losing v stosur....ever again. SO pleased she beat momo! She should be good at uso! I hope we get a win over christine here too!

jacs
Aug 25th, 2006, 07:23 AM
Lindsay :hearts:

But the outfit :tape: For a minute there, I thought she was wearing some sort of bandage

Elldee
Aug 25th, 2006, 09:21 AM
If she's feeling fatigued a lucky loser in the semis is a nice opponent :)

Very happy about the quarter.. gutted it's not being shown.

mike/topgun
Aug 25th, 2006, 09:41 AM
Good match. Lindsay served like Jesus until 3-2 in the second. She seemed very happy when she won. Her first victory over a world number one since Filderstadt 03.
Wasn't it Filderstadt '04 vs Mauresmo?;), cos since then Lindsay' s been n1 almost all the time:p
About the AO, Lindsay really played like crap all through that tournament in 2005, and it's actually quite ironic that she made her first slam final in years there.
Agree. She wasn't her best, but she fought hard to win those dramatic 3-setters. She was moving well, served solidly and she tried to be as aggressive as she could. But her groundstrokes weren't as accurate as they could, and obviously the form wasn't her top then, though she made it to the finals.

tennisboi
Aug 25th, 2006, 10:25 AM
Great result for Lindsay:bounce:beating the world no.1 in straights it a great sign i'm felling good about the US Open now:)

joaco
Aug 25th, 2006, 11:52 AM
good job lindsay!! so happy you are playing well. now revenge :devil:

BMP
Aug 25th, 2006, 12:23 PM
I'm obviously not good at these things, so I still can't fully understand it why Lindsay owns Momo, who, I dare say, owns Maria S (hard-hitter with powerful serve) whom Lindsay can't beat.... That makes me confused.

Kimmi
Aug 25th, 2006, 01:14 PM
I'm obviously not good at these things, so I still can't fully understand it why Lindsay owns Momo, who, I dare say, owns Maria S (hard-hitter with powerful serve) whom Lindsay can't beat.... That makes me confused.

I know, I've been trying to work that one out for anges too.

Ach well, another win :D Hurrah! Looks like a good matchup against Stosur, good luck Lindsay!! :bounce:

!<blocparty>!
Aug 25th, 2006, 01:37 PM
Lindsay on live in the UK @ 5pm. :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

bis2806
Aug 25th, 2006, 02:16 PM
:confused: I'm pretty sure it was listed for 10pm EST. It came on at 9pm here b/c I live in the midwest.

It's showing as 9 pm on my ESPN website. Do you know how I can change it?

mike/topgun
Aug 25th, 2006, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by BMP

There are many reasons - Lindsay's technique is superior to Maria's.
Maria is not as experienced or technically complete player to beat Momo's variety, and her strokes are not as accurate, she's not as patient in longer rallies. She tends to overhit, cos she's got timing problems with Momo's spin variety and angles.

The only curious fact is that Maria leads Lindsay 4-1:tape:, while those 4 matches she won were all about fighting spirit and serving well in the 3rd set. Maria can hang in those hard hitting rallies with Lindsay, but Mauresmos' variety is way to difficult for unexperienced, technically weaker Masha. That's it.

There is nothing strange in the fact that Lindsay owns Mauresmo, though it's funny that Maria leads Lindsay in their h2h.:rolls:

Well, Momo fans must really think Amelie's the best player :haha:

BMP
Aug 25th, 2006, 04:06 PM
mike/topgun, I agree ;)

By the way, as for the next opponent, Sam, I think that the way she's gonna play depends in some way on what is the higher priority to her - doubles or singles. I think it's already quite a success for her that she is in SF (especially considering how she started the tournament ;)) so maybe she won't go out of her way to beat Linz but save forces for doubles match against a really tough team Black/Stubbs. We'll see.
I anticipate that Lindsay will win, anyway

davenport124
Aug 25th, 2006, 04:18 PM
mike/topgun, I agree ;)

By the way, as for the next opponent, Sam, I think that the way she's gonna play depends in some way on what is the higher priority to her - doubles or singles. I think it's already quite a success for her that she is in SF (especially considering how she started the tournament ;)) so maybe she won't go out of her way to beat Linz but save forces for doubles match against a really tough team Black/Stubbs. We'll see.
I anticipate that Lindsay will win, anyway

Does Sam play singles or doubles first?

BMP
Aug 25th, 2006, 05:04 PM
Does Sam play singles or doubles first?
The schedule was: NB noon - Lindsay Davenport vs Samantha Stosur, then men, then Raymond/Stosur vs Black/Stubbs. But it's been raining and the courts are flooded :tape: , so there may be some changes in schedule. Damn rain :(

tennisboi
Aug 25th, 2006, 05:49 PM
Oh no :fiery: I was looking forward to seeing Lindsay get revenge

GrandSlam05
Aug 25th, 2006, 07:37 PM
It's showing as 9 pm on my ESPN website. Do you know how I can change it?
Try going to :
http://sports.espn.go.com/espntv/espnGuide
Then click on "Edit My Info" on the left side of screen. Then enter your zip code and it should update for your time zone. Hope it works. ;)

!<blocparty>!
Aug 25th, 2006, 07:41 PM
Lindsay's live on Eurosport 2 now everyone! :banana:

GrandSlam05
Aug 25th, 2006, 07:46 PM
She's starting on espn2 in about 15 mins. I see she's broken Sambo already. :drool: And the great serving continues, it looks like she didn't miss a serve in her first game. :kiss:

The Daviator
Aug 25th, 2006, 09:05 PM
Rain delay, she's leading 7-6 2-1*, Sam is proving to be a real thorn in the side :( Seems to always play great when up against Linds, anyway, it was a good fight from Lindsay, she saved a sp at 5-4*, but she did receive treatment for a shoulder problem :scared:

GrandSlam05
Aug 25th, 2006, 09:27 PM
I have to give Stosur credit. She brought her A++ game today. Lindsay played well in that 1st set and still could've lost it. I just hope the shoulder is just maybe tired muscles or something.

LindsayRulz
Aug 25th, 2006, 09:57 PM
7-6 7-6 :)

LDF
Aug 25th, 2006, 10:00 PM
Well done Lindsay :D

Match stats:

Time - 2hr 6mins

Davenport

First serve % - 73%
Aces - 8
DFs - 2
Winners - 34
UEs - 29
Break points won - 2/14
Total points won - 106

Stosur

First serve % - 55%
Aces - 7
DFs - 5
Winners - 39
UEs - 30
Break points won - 2/7
Total points won - 91

mike/topgun
Aug 25th, 2006, 10:15 PM
Gooo Lindsay:woohoo:

Somewhat "tired" at the end, but still THE serve is *clicking*:bounce:
A good match from both - Sam shouldn't play Lindsay ever again:rolleyes:
Some really good stats there, but Lindsay didn't look "sharp" as in previous matches...

As for the shoulder problem - I think it was precautionary call, but it's also a common shoulder problem that affects overheads mainly:scared:
But, I think she'll be okay for tomorrow;)

Must admit again - great match in the second set from both:yeah:

PS.Next up - unfortunately Christine...I hope Sveta can prove us all wrong:devil:

MH0861
Aug 25th, 2006, 10:21 PM
I actually hope Lindsay plays JHH tomorrow. Even if she loses, I think it'll be a good match for her to play and help aid the US Open preparation. Just hope this shoulder is just precautionary/not too serious.

GrandSlam05
Aug 25th, 2006, 10:27 PM
I actually hope Lindsay plays JHH tomorrow. Even if she loses, I think it'll be a good match for her to play and help aid the US Open preparation. Just hope this shoulder is just precautionary/not too serious.
I agree. We KNOW she's capable of beating Kuzzy, but Justine is still a question mark. It would be nice for her to get a "taste" of Juju before the Open (and it would be nice if she gave her a beat-down). :lol:

hurricanejeanne
Aug 25th, 2006, 10:28 PM
Oh My God, Lucky Lindsay.

They showed shot spot on her 6th match point showed that ball that Stosur hit was actually in, but like Lindsay said, "it's up to the players to challange their own calls". So Stosur is stupid but that sucks for her but Lindsay's alright. (You know all hell is gonna break loose in GM over this). I don't care, the match is called...Lindsay won.

She talked about her shoulder...she said its been overused and it's tired and heavy. Its not hurt, just trying to keep it lose. YAY.

Someone was looking out for our girl today.
Lucky or not, I hope this helps her mentally upstairs...having massive flashbacks to 2002.

BMP
Aug 25th, 2006, 10:35 PM
Whew... still can't believe she managed to pull it out.... and still can't understand how she could drop MPs :( She certainly could have done without 2nd TB but alas... the shoulder bothers me too, hope she will have time to recover until tomorow.
Very glad she won, but, gosh, was that exhausting! Don't even know what to expect tomorrow

mike/topgun
Aug 25th, 2006, 10:45 PM
They showed shot spot on her 6th match point showed that ball that Stosur hit was actually in, but like Lindsay said, "it's up to the players to challange their own calls". So Stosur is stupid but that sucks for her but Lindsay's alright. (You know all hell is gonna break loose in GM over this). I don't care, the match is called...Lindsay won.
Sam could have challenged the cal, as it was really close:tape:

It's good that the shoulder is only tired...
I don't want JHH in the final, cos if Liindsay loses, she won't be fired up before the USO quarterfinal...Don't want to play her allez and the mental issues:tape:

Magdalene
Aug 25th, 2006, 10:50 PM
Watching the scoreboard was really scary!! ESPN2 was like a couple of games slower..
But glad that she manage to win.. But it definitely should have ended earlier.. Alot of break points not converted and matchpoints as well... but well a win is still a win..

Good luck for tml!!

PS: I have a little qns.. The finals will be shown tml on CBS.. Is there only 1 cbs channel or is there a CBS sports channel or something? cos i know there is cbs sportsline but i dunno whether is there a channel for it... i am not from the states so planning it watch it online.. anyone??

thanks!!

hurricanejeanne
Aug 25th, 2006, 11:34 PM
Adam is currently scouting the Christine/Sveta match. :devil:
(and looking rather nice of course, ;) :angel: )

I hope he can pick up the weakness of Christine more specifically so Lindsay has an idea of her form ATM. Adam is usually quite good with his scouting reports. So happy to have hm back :D

The Daviator
Aug 26th, 2006, 12:58 AM
So it's a Lindsay-Justine final, I have no expectations, Justine is the heavy favourite obviously, I just hope Linds gives a good account of herself, which I'm sure she will, but the big one is in Flushing ;) hopefully Lindsay can get used to JuJu's game, a win would do wonders for her confidence, but I just hope she plays well and avoids getting hurt...

Best of luck Linds :bounce:

GrandSlam05
Aug 26th, 2006, 01:06 AM
If I had to pick a winner right now it would probably be Justine. She's playing well, had a much easier SF (Sveta was so bad :lol: ) and Lindsay is playing well, but still not 100%. I expect it to be competitive though. I'd like to see her beat Justine here for confidence reasons, but obviously the Open is more impt. Lindsay has plenty of tier 2's.

hurricanejeanne
Aug 26th, 2006, 01:24 AM
Looking at Lindsay vs. Justine's head to head more closely it's interesting.

They've played 10 times (11 with the Sydney 04 walkover). It's five all.
They've played on all surfaces except grass.
5 of the matches have gone three sets...one being the Charleston 05 QF that Lindsay retired in the third.
Justine plays better against Lindsay on slower courts (duh) rebound ace, clay, and the court in Indian Wells I have been told is pretty slow in comparison to the other US hardcourts.
The courts in New Haven are playing quick and the balls are quick, similar the those at the USO. They played once at the USO in 2000. Lindsay won 6-0, 6-4. Surface is a big deal in this type of match up.
Justine is by far and away the favorite but if Lindsay isn't too tired and her shoulder isn't too sore and she serves and returns well, she has a shot. It's important for Lindsay to come out dictating play otherwise she's screwed.

At the end of the day, I am thrilled that she is back all and all. I am amazed at her play overall, a bit rusty, but still solid. Lindsay was out for 5 months with a severe injury and she comes back and in her second tournament and she makes the final without dropping a set, beating the number one player in the world, and some way some how staying mentally tough when she starts to slip. This is a very good result for her this year, seeing how low and blah she was before the went on hiatus.

Lindsay, play your best because that's all I can ask of you now. I'm very proud of you.
Best of luck tomorrow. Fight!

GrandSlam05
Aug 26th, 2006, 01:35 AM
I agree I mean it's alot easier for Justine to track balls down on Rebound Ace or IW courts. Lindsay knows what she needs to do, she just has to execute.

Veeko
Aug 26th, 2006, 01:44 AM
great job Lindsay,i am proud of you:angel:

next round,Juju,she is one of my favourite,but sitll:good luck to you,try your best:bounce:

davenport124
Aug 26th, 2006, 01:48 AM
The match in Charleston 2005 was really unfortunate, I think Lindsay had a great chance to win that. She has come close in alot of their more recent meetings, espcially in Melbourne 2003 and 2006.

Lindsay won their first 5 matches, most were alot more 1-sided in Lindsay's favor.

Lindsay won their first match at the French Open '99 6-3 2-6 7-5!

http://www.justine-henin-hardenne.net/images/FO99_2.jpg

hurricanejeanne
Aug 26th, 2006, 01:57 AM
espn2 talked to Lindsay about the match(with Justine) afterwards. She said that she needs to hold her serve, be aggressive, and not have any lapses. She then sited the AO QF(this year) when she fell apart in the second set. She knows that she's had Justine in a corner and hasn't been able, for whatever reason, to put her away.

She admitted to being fatigued and that's what's going on with her shoulder, it's just a lot of tennis in a very short period of time.

GrandSlam05
Aug 26th, 2006, 01:59 AM
The match in Charleston 2005 was really unfortunate, I think Lindsay had a great chance to win that. She has come close in alot of their more recent meetings, espcially in Melbourne 2003 and 2006.

Lindsay won their first 5 matches, most were alot more 1-sided in Lindsay's favor.

Lindsay won their first match at the French Open '99 6-3 2-6 7-5!

http://www.justine-henin-hardenne.net/images/FO99_2.jpg
She did have a great shot at winning the Charlie match and you could tell she was really bummed about her injury. :(
I don't know why some think Justine will win this in 2 easy sets. Lindsay is playing better than in Australia. At the VERY LEAST she should be able to push Justine pretty hard, and hopefully come away with a win. That is if she even tries. :o
OMG Justine kind of reminds me of Tommy Robredo in that pic with the outfit and hair. :tape:

GrandSlam05
Aug 26th, 2006, 02:01 AM
espn2 talked to Lindsay about the match(with Justine) afterwards. She said that she needs to hold her serve, be aggressive, and not have any lapses. She then sited the AO QF(this year) when she fell apart in the second set. She knows that she's had Justine in a corner and hasn't been able, for whatever reason, to put her away.

She admitted to being fatigued and that's what's going on with her shoulder, it's just a lot of tennis in a very short period of time.
Yeah, at least at the slams she gets a day of rest in between matches. I think Justine said that too that, for her, it's easier to win in slams b/c you're not playing every day.

!<blocparty>!
Aug 26th, 2006, 02:02 AM
If Lindsay wins tomorrow, she makes the USO final.

If she loses tomorrow, she sucks to Justine in the USO QF.

The latter seems the most likely situation, to me.

MH0861
Aug 26th, 2006, 02:16 AM
If Lindsay wins tomorrow, she makes the USO final.

If she loses tomorrow, she sucks to Justine in the USO QF.

The latter seems the most likely situation, to me.

Well hopefully Zhoosteen's 4R curse continues at the Open. :lol: I feel like Lindsay might shake off a loss tomorrow to her surpassing her own expectations at the tournament/being fatigued etc by the US Open. We'll see.

Justine will probably win like 1-6 7-6 6-0 or something. :rolleyes:

vw.
Aug 26th, 2006, 02:18 AM
Come on Lindsay, beat Justine in the finals! :yeah:

GrandSlam05
Aug 26th, 2006, 02:37 AM
Justine will probably win like 1-6 7-6 6-0 or something. :rolleyes:
Ugh, don't even say that!

Lindsayfan32
Aug 26th, 2006, 07:36 AM
No matter what happens in final tomorow Lindsay has done really well to get there and now she has any can happen and MH0 have little faith would you. I just hope if Lindsay loses it not a belting in under hour and she doesn't end up injured like the 03 final against Jennifer. Its just great ot have her back playing as tennis isn't the same without her. I know when Lindsay finally calls it a career I'm going to really miss her.

Lillibet
Aug 26th, 2006, 09:29 AM
WOW! Well done to Lindsay Davenport! I'm so glad she beat Maursesmo... she deserves to win tomorrow.. or is it today? Well, either way, she deserves to win!!

mike/topgun
Aug 26th, 2006, 10:57 AM
Justine is by far and away the favorite but if Lindsay isn't too tired and her shoulder isn't too sore and she serves and returns well, she has a shot. It's important for Lindsay to come out dictating play otherwise she's screwed.
yeah she must be aggressive and after all it's her first final of the year, so enjoy:lol:
i'm afraid it won't take longer than an hour:(

Elldee
Aug 26th, 2006, 11:45 AM
Justine seems to be playing really well so I'd expect her to win but it should be far from a thrashing with such a great surface for Lindsay and when she's moving, IMO, so well.

Bayo
Aug 26th, 2006, 12:20 PM
Best of luck to Lindsay today!

...a little less than 4 hours 'til go time.

- JJ

The Daviator
Aug 26th, 2006, 01:05 PM
I would rather a loss here than in NY, obviously, I'm thinking Lindsay will either win one or lose both :o

Anyway, can't wait for the final :D

BMP
Aug 26th, 2006, 01:20 PM
I hope that even if Linz loses it will be decent loss.... not something like 6-1 6-0 :( Damn, just one thought of it buggs me!

hurricanejeanne
Aug 26th, 2006, 03:20 PM
Meh, reality started to hit my late last night.
Justine is completely in Lindsay's head, and Lindsay knows it...I just don't understand why she can't shake her...maybe all of the gamesmenship crap urks Lindsay into being a tad paranoid?
Lindsay's headcase issues are so up and down though...

And considering Lindsay is rusty, especially mentally. She is having so many problems closing matches out ATM, that I really wouldn't be surprised if Lindsay has a dozen opportunities to take this match into her hands and can't because of that one reason.

This match is more about what's going on between the ears than who's hitting more winners. Meh. I just cannot stand that she is going to lose to Justine again.

GrandSlam05
Aug 26th, 2006, 04:19 PM
Lindsay isn't even trying out there. :rolleyes:

hurricanejeanne
Aug 26th, 2006, 04:31 PM
Lindsay is just out of her rhythm all together. The trainer is standing by off court, her serve is atrocious and her forehand is meh. That arm is really really sore, IMO. I am not surprised. She's barely moving her feet.

This is pathetic Lindsay, I love you but, you really need to decide how you're going to handle this match...if the shoulder is that sore, retire the match please. Bagels are not welcomed.

I'm not surprised...meh.

GrandSlam05
Aug 26th, 2006, 04:35 PM
I seriously hope she retires from the match. She's crying and it's killing me. I don't want to see her get embarrassed out there and lose 6-0 6-0. She's had a great tournament up until now and there's no reason to end it on a sour note b/c of an injury.

hurricanejeanne
Aug 26th, 2006, 04:38 PM
She's got taping on her shoulder.
I don't want her to finish this, try and retire. It's not worth it this close to your last US Open.

I cannot watch her like this.

LDF
Aug 26th, 2006, 04:43 PM
She's retired at 6-0 1-0 :sobbing:

hurricanejeanne
Aug 26th, 2006, 04:43 PM
Oh God, not again, not again...

Lindsay has retired this final.
She's crying on the side of court waiting for the presentation.

I hope all is okay for next week. I am so scared you guys.

GrandSlam05
Aug 26th, 2006, 04:56 PM
This is really scary. Lindsay has never really had an upper body extremity injury like this. The lower injuries maybe affect mov't, but not ball striking.

hurricanejeanne
Aug 26th, 2006, 04:56 PM
They just talked to Lindsay.
She was choking back tears in her interview. This hurts so bad.

She said that its so sore (not sure it's a full strain) but at the end of her match yesturday it was more than her shoulder, started to bother her upper arm and then down to her wrist.

Like Mary said before she left the court to have the trainer tape her up, "she looks like a little girl out there."
A little hurt girl, she doesn't need this. I hope and will pray that she'll be better with a few full days rest.

Magdalene
Aug 26th, 2006, 05:03 PM
They just talked to Lindsay.
She was choking back tears in her interview. This hurts so bad.

She said that its so sore (not sure it's a full strain) but at the end of her match yesturday it was more than her shoulder, started to bother her upper arm and then down to her wrist.

Like Mary said before she left the court to have the trainer tape her up, "she looks like a little girl out there."
A little hurt girl, she doesn't need this. I hope and will pray that she'll be better with a few full days rest.

Yes. Its really heart wrenching... she did look like a little girl out there who juz fell down... I must say i did shed a little tear together with her.. poor little girl... Prays that she gets well for the usopen...

hurricanejeanne
Aug 26th, 2006, 05:06 PM
This is really scary. Lindsay has never really had an upper body extremity injury like this. The lower injuries maybe affect mov't, but not ball striking.

She has had shoulder issues before.
Sydney 2004 she bailed on that tournament with a right shoulder strain. It was also from playing too much too soon. She played and won Hopman Cup the week before and that was her first competitive tennis she played since early October because of her foot surgery.

Justine said she noticed from the start of the match that Lindsay wasn't right.

Of coarse those fucking assholes in GM are gonna talk shit about Lindsay retiring the final. Give me a break. She's hurt. End. If its more precautionary than anything then okay, but she was nowwhere near her level from yesturday.

I really hope Lindsay is okay for next week. I really think this it guys, she can't handle this crap anymore. She's completely gutted. God only knows whats running thru her head right now. Lindsay usually has a great memory and can remember tons about her career matches and she couldn't remember the last time she retired in a final...right here Lindsay in 2003 against Jenn.

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sobbing:

mike/topgun
Aug 26th, 2006, 05:11 PM
That's like 2003:(
I hoped she'd be okay physically, but her shoulder/arm/wrist is sore. Now I'm afraid she won't be 100% fit ofr the Open, if she plays while that's a question in her current state.
JHH won, and she is the definite favourite for the US Open crown.

MH0861
Aug 26th, 2006, 05:11 PM
One thing after another. :(

mike/topgun
Aug 26th, 2006, 05:18 PM
Of coarse those fucking assholes in GM are gonna talk shit about Lindsay retiring the final. Give me a break. She's hurt. End. If its more precautionary than anything then okay, but she was nowwhere near her level from yesturday.
Yeah JHH knew and felt from the begining. I saw that Lindsay couldn't hit her serve, forehand, backhand with normeal power and precision. Not only the "people" in GM...even polish commentator said that Lindsay is just "finished", he was wondering how the hell did she beat Mauresmo, and that she won't win anything more...of course JHH played unbelievable tennis, so Lindsay couldn't handle it...
But when the trainer was called he said that maybe her shoulder was sore but that's not a surprise.

Kimmi
Aug 26th, 2006, 05:20 PM
My god, I had no idea what happened. I got in from work and my mum was saying that she got bagelled in the first set. Eurosport didn't show any interviews but from what you guys are saying this is bad :hysteric:

I'm so sad right now, this sucks. Please get better Lindsay :hug:

hurricanejeanne
Aug 26th, 2006, 05:35 PM
Yeah JHH knew and felt from the begining. I saw that Lindsay couldn't hit her serve, forehand, backhand with normeal power and precision. Not only the "people" in GM...even polish commentator said that Lindsay is just "finished", he was wondering how the hell did she beat Mauresmo, and that she won't win anything more...of course JHH played unbelievable tennis, so Lindsay couldn't handle it...
But when the trainer was called he said that maybe her shoulder was sore but that's not a surprise.

Yeah, the backhand was off, like she couldn't rotate into it right. That was the heads up to me. Then they said that the trainer was already standing by barely into the match. Me thinks Lindsay just wanted to try, its a final, you cannot just give a full walkover in a final. Try, if it ain't gonna work quit. She did the right thing. That's horrible what your commentator said. Bullshit. I know Lindsay has issues vs. Justine and their games don't match up well in Lindsay's favor but give me a break.

I hope this is more precautionary than anything, yeah she was having problems, but it's important that she doesn't use her arm for a few days. It may get better. I don't know...I just don't know. This week has been the best week I have had reguarding Lindsay's tennis all year, really since last October. I missed her so much and her being a part of my life. Only to have it end like this. :sad:

bis2806
Aug 26th, 2006, 05:37 PM
I nearly wanted to cry when she teared up :sad:

hurricanejeanne
Aug 26th, 2006, 06:11 PM
from yahoo...

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Lindsay Davenport hopes to be fit for next week's U.S. Open after retiring from the final of the New Haven event against Justine Henin-Hardenne on Saturday with a shoulder injury.

French Open champion Henin-Hardenne was leading 6-0 1-0 when Davenport decided the injury was too bad to continue.

ADVERTISEMENT

The American, playing just her second event back after five months out with a back problem, was in tears as she sat on court afterwards.

"I just hope that it is going to be better next week," she said.

"If I can get through the first round then maybe it will be better because I will have a day off between each round.

"Here I played five matches and didn't have a day off. It is always hard when you come back, you want to play your best, but maybe it was just too much too soon."

Davenport, who was defending her title, said she knew her shoulder was not 100 percent before the match began.

"I kind of knew in the warm-up, but I hoped that it was going to get better," she said.

"At the end of my match yesterday I felt it a bit and then today it sort of moved down the arm even into the wrist."

The first set lasted just 22 minutes as Henin-Hardenne dominated in all areas. Davenport left the court for treatment at the end of the set, she played just one more game and then said she could not go on.

Davenport hinted she may ask U.S. Open organizers for a late start.

"Hopefully they will have some understanding but I know there are also a lot of other factors that go into that decision," she said.

"If I have to play on Monday then I will do everything I can to make sure I make the court.

"I will probably just rest a lot and won't hit the ball again until the warm-up before my match."

The Daviator
Aug 26th, 2006, 06:16 PM

The Polish commentator :retard:

A complete disaster, very upsetting, this last period of her career was meant to be enjoyable, not traumatic :( In truth, 5 matches in 5 days was too much, the Mauresmo match and the Stosur match were pretty gruelling, she did well this week, I just hope she makes the Open :unsure:

The Daviator
Aug 26th, 2006, 06:21 PM
from yahoo...

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Lindsay Davenport hopes to be fit for next week's U.S. Open after retiring from the final of the New Haven event against Justine Henin-Hardenne on Saturday with a shoulder injury.

French Open champion Henin-Hardenne was leading 6-0 1-0 when Davenport decided the injury was too bad to continue.

ADVERTISEMENT

The American, playing just her second event back after five months out with a back problem, was in tears as she sat on court afterwards.

"I just hope that it is going to be better next week," she said.

"If I can get through the first round then maybe it will be better because I will have a day off between each round.

"Here I played five matches and didn't have a day off. It is always hard when you come back, you want to play your best, but maybe it was just too much too soon."

Davenport, who was defending her title, said she knew her shoulder was not 100 percent before the match began.

"I kind of knew in the warm-up, but I hoped that it was going to get better," she said.

"At the end of my match yesterday I felt it a bit and then today it sort of moved down the arm even into the wrist."

The first set lasted just 22 minutes as Henin-Hardenne dominated in all areas. Davenport left the court for treatment at the end of the set, she played just one more game and then said she could not go on.

Davenport hinted she may ask U.S. Open organizers for a late start.

"Hopefully they will have some understanding but I know there are also a lot of other factors that go into that decision," she said.

"If I have to play on Monday then I will do everything I can to make sure I make the court.

"I will probably just rest a lot and won't hit the ball again until the warm-up before my match."

Didn't someone from the USTA come out in support of Lindsay last week over the Montreal fiasco? Hopefully they'll continue to support her, I'm sure they'll accomadate her, especially since she and Serena are the only American hopes on the women's side, lord knows how much they help Roddick :rolleyes:

*Prays for Tuesday night match*

mike/topgun
Aug 26th, 2006, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by hurricanejeanne
Then they said that the trainer was already standing by barely into the match. Me thinks Lindsay just wanted to try, its a final, you cannot just give a full walkover in a final. Try, if it ain't gonna work quit. She did the right thing.

Yeah, saw that too. She did the right thing. Well, I thought she should quit earlier, cos it was so visible she couldn't hold her racket, make a full swing with it. Her arm and shoulder are sio fatigued cos of the intensity of the week. Well you can read her full interview after y'days win over Sam here:
http://www.asapsports.com/tennis/2006pilotpen/082506LD.html

That's horrible what your commentator said. Bullshit. I know Lindsay has issues vs. Justine and their games don't match up well in Lindsay's favor but give me a break.

And how the hell he didn't notice that Lindsay was injured before the trainer was called, while she played 40% of her normal disposition...Must I add that he's said to be the best polish commentator:tape:

I hope this is more precautionary than anything, yeah she was having problems, but it's important that she doesn't use her arm for a few days. It may get better. I don't know...I just don't know.

I hope that you're right...but it's only 2 days before Lindsay needs to pick up her racket again to beat Klara Zakopalova. Then the way she played today she wouldn't beat anyone in top50...
She needs to rest and be fit for the Open:bounce:
otherwise:scared:

hurricanejeanne
Aug 26th, 2006, 06:43 PM
Didn't someone from the USTA come out in support of Lindsay last week over the Montreal fiasco? Hopefully they'll continue to support her, I'm sure they'll accomadate her, especially since she and Serena are the only American hopes on the women's side, lord knows how much they help Roddick :rolleyes:

*Prays for Tuesday night match*

yeah, I believe it was the president of the USTA that defended Lindsay in the whole Montreal scandal. I hope she gets her Tuesday start too.

I was talking with someone else about this on another board, but I can't help but think that her getting upset today was a result of everything that's been going on.
The last five months, the bulging discs, the concussion, the Montreal issue, coming back and playing amazingly to have her shoulder/arm fall apart on her. It's too much emotionally. It kind of pushed her over the edge, and with everyone talking about retirement and she says she's not ready to let this game go yet it's so frustrating for her.

mike/topgun
Aug 26th, 2006, 07:39 PM
I was talking with someone else about this on another board, but I can't help but think that her getting upset today was a result of everything that's been going on.
The last five months, the bulging discs, the concussion, the Montreal issue, coming back and playing amazingly to have her shoulder/arm fall apart on her. It's too much emotionally. It kind of pushed her over the edge, and with everyone talking about retirement and she says she's not ready to let this game go yet it's so frustrating for her.
Fair point. And Carillo with her questoion about "retirement - the last US Open"...then something like: "we are all so gratefull for all you've done throughout all those years Lindsay, you're a great champ wish ya luck" was just too much for her:tape:

PatrickRyan
Aug 26th, 2006, 07:50 PM
very sad :( i hope she gets better by the open

Bayo
Aug 26th, 2006, 08:08 PM
It's so bad what happened to Lindsay. I hated to see her so emotional. Best wishes for her going forward at the Open and for the rest of this [thus-far] sad season. It's time for 2007 action...given the players I most admire (WS and Lindsay), this has been a depressing year for women's tennis.

- JJ

Lindsayfan32
Aug 26th, 2006, 08:20 PM
I have tendonsis and get a pain very simular to what Lindsay was describing all up the arm and can't use it. I hope the injury get better and she gets a Tuesday start not a Monday start and she can play. If anyone has a go at her in gm about retiring I will go them with both barrels when Lindsay retires from a match she hurt.

Elldee
Aug 26th, 2006, 09:26 PM
Lindsay and Justine are in the same quarter... I'm sure they'll both get a tuesday start.

GrandSlam05
Aug 26th, 2006, 11:01 PM
Fair point. And Carillo with her questoion about "retirement - the last US Open"...then something like: "we are all so gratefull for all you've done throughout all those years Lindsay, you're a great champ wish ya luck" was just too much for her:tape:
I agree Mike. Maybe Carillo didn't mean it like that, but it sure sounded that way. It was almost like, "You've done your job Lindsay, now get out." in a sugar-coated way.
If Lindsay brought up the fact that it was going to be her last US Open, then fine, but IMO Carilloo really had no right to bring that up esp since Lindsay was already emotional. She just has no tact.

Robbie.
Aug 26th, 2006, 11:01 PM
I can't imagine a more injury prone player.

I almost give up :help:

MH0861
Aug 26th, 2006, 11:09 PM
Lindsay is third up on Ashe on Monday. Damn.

mike/topgun
Aug 26th, 2006, 11:12 PM
She just has no tact.
Maybe...but she's a journalist after all - she needs to know first if there's even a slight chance for something to happen... But it wasn't nice to bring Andre, who's been struggling since last years Open and is retiring after the event, to the conversation...it almost sounded like a comparison.:tape:

GrandSlam05
Aug 26th, 2006, 11:58 PM
Maybe...but she's a journalist after all - she needs to know first if there's even a slight chance for something to happen... But it wasn't nice to bring Andre, who's been struggling since last years Open and is retiring after the event, to the conversation...it almost sounded like a comparison.:tape:
I have no problem with her talking about Lindsay's retirement. I just don't think she should talk about it WITH Lindsay esp. at that moment.

hurricanejeanne
Aug 27th, 2006, 12:05 AM
I agree Mike. Maybe Carillo didn't mean it like that, but it sure sounded that way. It was almost like, "You've done your job Lindsay, now get out." in a sugar-coated way.
If Lindsay brought up the fact that it was going to be her last US Open, then fine, but IMO Carilloo really had no right to bring that up esp since Lindsay was already emotional. She just has no tact.

You know that got under my skin too. They were even using the past tense if my memory is correct, like "Lindsay you were a great champion."
That made me :fiery: .
Lindsay did say earlier this week that "chances are this is (her) last USO." But she has been so up and down over the whole retirement thing, and since she came back last month has been continuely saying that she's going to enjoy whatever amount of time she has left whether its month or years or whatever.
I do think bringing it up when she was already upset the way she was made it worse, and was inappropriate, yeah, she's doing her job and all, but a little respect please, she' having a bit of an emotional meltdown now is not the time to talk about when she's gonna quit.

MH0861
Aug 27th, 2006, 12:06 AM
Mary Carillo is a slore.

davenport124
Aug 27th, 2006, 01:19 AM
Mary Carillo is a bitch. Any other normal person would not say those things to Lindsay in her state. I hope Lindsay doesnt take any notice of what she said because it was inappropriate and insulting. I'm just worried about Monday now. Lindsay doesnt have alot of time to recover and she is not feeling the best right now. I would rather her pull out than suffering an emabarresing loss or worsening her injury. Anyway well done Lindsay for a stunning week and we hope you can play well on Monday :D