PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay on TRANSWORLD SPORT!

bis2806
Aug 18th, 2006, 01:02 AM
Hey guys,

I just got in to Newark from Singapore with Singapore Airlines. On my way here, Transworld Sport did a nice story on Lindsay. Here's all the Lindsay quotes that I got from the segment. I had to repeat it 5 times just so I could take down everything she was saying! I think this was taped right before Roland Garros but the video did show her house, her dogs and her nieces and nephews!

Enjoy...

(Starts of showing Lindsay walking in her pink jacket on the beach, probably in front of her house! And then shows a cute video of her practicing at a very young age - I'm guessing 17.)

"Iíve been a professional for half my life. Iíve played tennis for 25 out of my 30 years on this earth. Itís given me every opportunity that Iíve ever had. Itís given me my confidence. Itís shaped me as who I am as a person. Itís given me my career; Itís given me my freedom; Itís given me my independence Ė all of that stuff. What it means to me is invaluable."

"How I project myself - however people kind of read that - is probably who I am when you donít see me actually playing a point. When Iím on the court competing, do I look happy? No. Do I look frustrated? Probably. But at the same time, I think that I was always taught to be a good winner and be a better loser."

(Video showing her house in Socal, playing with her niece and nephew)

"I think if you would ask my family, they would say that that is probably their most proud moment because it means so much to them - the Olympics. Wasnít supposed to win and just still shocked that I was able to do that at that age. And you know, not a lot confidence at that time."

(Shows a video of Lindsay walking to the sofa, sitting down. Then she looks at the window into the ocean and looks back to the camera smiling - very funny actually!)

"Iíve never been the type of player that likes to be on the road for long periods of the time. Always made it my priority to try and go back to Socal and be with my family most of the time."

Scene shows Lindsay playing with her 2 dogs: ďScared of the cameraĒ (Lindsay says of her dogs) ďWhoís that?Ē (Talking to her dog)

(Clip of Wimbledon matchpoint. Lindsay then lifts both hands into her face, crying.)

"I remember she missed the forehand return on matchpoint, and then just being in the other state of shock. In the US open, I was really happy and emotional. At Wimbledon, I felt almost scared of what just happened. Couldnít believe at Wimbledon, where I struggled early in my career, that I was able to come through and win it."

(Clip of Australian Open where she jumped up and down)

"I played really, really well in the finals. Was winning, had a huge lead but Martina came back for a little bit. And I was still able to win in two sets. I just remember not being - not crying - but jumping up and down and amazed I was able to win my 3rd grand slam. Played so well... and it was a really happy time for me and my coach, and my agent and it meant a lot to all of us."

"When I looked at the rankings the other day, there is not one new American coming up. With us getting older and us getting injured, we would love to have some more players coming through, and want others to take our spot. Unfortunately that isn't the case right now. We definitely need more American girls coming up."

(Shows a video of Lindsay lifting dumbbells with both her hands. There's also a HOT hunky trainer standing behind her.)

"You kind of just roll with the punches. And I think Iíve gotten used to the fact that when you get over one, another injury is on the corner. Iíve tried to do more and more (fitness training) in last few years, being more aware of that, stengthening other parts of the body so it (injury) doesnít happen. I think with the grind of the tour and playing so much, itís inevitable that injuries will pop up over the course of the year."

(Video returns to the beach and shows Lindsay sitting on the sands)

"I know that I will play until Iím very old, and hopefully my kids will learn to play. Hopefully I will be around the tennis world is some capacity - whether thatís commentating or coaching or even just watching. I know that this sport is going to stay with me forever."

GrandSlam05
Aug 18th, 2006, 01:27 AM
Hey guys,

I just got in to Newark from Singapore with Singapore Airlines. On my way here, Transworld Sport did a nice story on Lindsay. Here's all the Lindsay quotes that I got from the segment. I had to repeat it 5 times just so I could take down everything she was saying! I think this was taped right before Roland Garros but the video did show her house, her dogs and her nieces and nephews!

Enjoy...

(Starts of showing Lindsay walking in her pink jacket on the beach, probably in front of her house! And then shows a cute video of her practicing at a very young age - I'm guessing 17.)

"Iíve been a professional for half my life. Iíve played tennis for 25 out of my 30 years on this earth. Itís given me every opportunity that Iíve ever had. Itís given me my confidence. Itís shaped me as who I am as a person. Itís given me my career; Itís given me my freedom; Itís given me my independence Ė all of that stuff. What it means to me is invaluable."

"How I project myself - however people kind of read that - is probably who I am when you donít see me actually playing a point. When Iím on the court competing, do I look happy? No. Do I look frustrated? Probably. But at the same time, I think that I was always taught to be a good winner and be a better loser."

(Video showing her house in Socal, playing with her niece and nephew)

"I think if you would ask my family, they would say that that is probably their most proud moment because it means so much to them - the Olympics. Wasnít supposed to win and just still shocked that I was able to do that at that age. And you know, not a lot confidence at that time."

(Shows a video of Lindsay walking to the sofa, sitting down. Then she looks at the window into the ocean and looks back to the camera smiling - very funny actually!)

"Iíve never been the type of player that likes to be on the road for long periods of the time. Always made it my priority to try and go back to Socal and be with my family most of the time."

Scene shows Lindsay playing with her 2 dogs: ďScared of the cameraĒ (Lindsay says of her dogs) ďWhoís that?Ē (Talking to her dog)

(Clip of Wimbledon matchpoint. Lindsay then lifts both hands into her face, crying.)

"I remember she missed the forehand return on matchpoint, and then just being in the other state of shock. In the US open, I was really happy and emotional. At Wimbledon, I felt almost scared of what just happened. Couldnít believe at Wimbledon, where I struggled early in my career, that I was able to come through and win it."

(Clip of Australian Open where she jumped up and down)

"I played really, really well in the finals. Was winning, had a huge lead but Martina came back for a little bit. And I was still able to win in two sets. I just remember not being - not crying - but jumping up and down and amazed I was able to win my 3rd grand slam. Played so well... and it was a really happy time for me and my coach, and my agent and it meant a lot to all of us."

"When I looked at the rankings the other day, there is not one new American coming up. With us getting older and us getting injured, we would love to have some more players coming through, and want others to take our spot. Unfortunately that isn't the case right now. We definitely need more American girls coming up."

(Shows a video of Lindsay lifting dumbbells with both her hands. There's also a HOT hunky trainer standing behind her.)

"You kind of just roll with the punches. And I think Iíve gotten used to the fact that when you get over one, another injury is on the corner. Iíve tried to do more and more (fitness training) in last few years, being more aware of that, stengthening other parts of the body so it (injury) doesnít happen. I think with the grind of the tour and playing so much, itís inevitable that injuries will pop up over the course of the year."

(Video returns to the beach and shows Lindsay sitting on the sands)

"I know that I will play until Iím very old, and hopefully my kids will learn to play. Hopefully I will be around the tennis world is some capacity - whether thatís commentating or coaching or even just watching. I know that this sport is going to stay with me forever."
That one put a smile on my face (along with others). It's nice to hear.

bis2806
Aug 18th, 2006, 01:41 AM
I like the last quote very much indeed :)

hurricanejeanne
Aug 18th, 2006, 02:47 AM
Thanks for posting this :D

I'm not sure where to start in responding this. Overall, I think this piece is a great reminder on why I'm a Lindsay fan. It's more than just her air-tight amazing game, it's her. You realize just how balanced she is upstairs and all the quotes just make me happy.
I also love that last quote. Reguardless of whatever happens, I will always love this woman. :worship:

Lindsayfan32
Aug 18th, 2006, 05:50 AM
Thanks for posting can some please upload the video these quotes came from I have to say Lindsay got one thing right she says she been taught to be a good winner but a better loser. That's the very reason I've been a fan all these years and she never wavied from that either. I can honestly say I have never hard a bad word come out of Lindsay's mouth after a loss in 12 years of following her and proberly never will.

bis2806
Aug 18th, 2006, 06:19 AM
Sorry I can't upload it unless you contact Transworld sport directly. I got this off Singapore Airlines today, and was trying to frantically type word for word, everything she said. :)

LindsayRulz
Aug 18th, 2006, 06:39 AM
Wow! thank u bis2806

adamaglaia
Aug 18th, 2006, 07:02 AM
the reason why I like and respect Lindsay is not only how successful her carreer is, but herself as a person. she is the most genuine player I have ever seen. she fights on court, without a second thought, she is always dedicated to tennis.

Lindsayfan32
Aug 18th, 2006, 10:00 AM
Sorry I can't upload it unless you contact Transworld sport directly. I got this off Singapore Airlines today, and was trying to frantically type word for word, everything she said. :)

That's cool just thought I would ask as there is no harm in asking thanks for posting the quotes from it.

lindsayno1
Aug 18th, 2006, 10:12 AM
Awww thanks! Sounds really good.
Whats her house like?

mike/topgun
Aug 18th, 2006, 10:51 AM
"How I project myself - however people kind of read that - is probably who I am when you don’t see me actually playing a point. When I’m on the court competing, do I look happy? No. Do I look frustrated? Probably. But at the same time, I think that I was always taught to be a good winner and be a better loser."
that's right...
thanks bis:)

Kelly
Aug 18th, 2006, 05:08 PM
lindsay just rocks!
cheers for this

QUEENLINDSAY
Aug 18th, 2006, 05:52 PM
Thanks Biz!!

I will definitely be a Lindsay fan forever!!!
Lindsay is so clever, honest and classy!!!

I love everything she says! she is like a living inspirational book. I wish she could write a book someday.

bis2806
Aug 20th, 2006, 04:42 AM
I did this only so dedicated Lindsay fans like all of you would just know how great of a person she is! :D

sweet_angel23
Aug 20th, 2006, 12:46 PM
great read! thanks for the effort bis! :)
this is a recent video right??

bis2806
Aug 20th, 2006, 01:01 PM
I think it was taped right before the French Open this year, so it's not that new; it was when she had her back injured after March.

davenport124
Aug 20th, 2006, 02:06 PM
Lindsay is by far the most gracious player on the tour. She never says a bad word, is always smiling and honest. She is a credit to the tour :)