PDA

View Full Version : Is Linds going to play in Bejing?

adamaglaia
Aug 16th, 2006, 07:35 AM
Someone just said that Linds would not play in Beijing in order to stay in Bali for a longer time. Is this true? If so, it is just some tragedy! Linds has got so many loyal fans in China, what a loss!

adamaglaia
Aug 16th, 2006, 07:43 AM
there hasn't been anything about this on the official website yet. maybe just some ridiculous, absurd, bitchy liar! WTF!

lindsayno1
Aug 16th, 2006, 08:26 AM
i think lindsays had a long enough holiday....

its probably crap!

adamaglaia
Aug 16th, 2006, 08:44 AM
Momo, JHH, Nadia, Sveta, Nicole, Jelena, Na, Jie will be playing in Bejing, it will be such a shame if Lindsay cannot play here.

bis2806
Aug 16th, 2006, 01:28 PM
Ahh I wouldn't blame Lindsay if she's staying longer in Bali ;) I just got back from there yesterday and stayed at the gorgeous Ritz-Carlton which is beside Four Seasons where Lindsay stayed when she was there :eek: Apparently, at Four Seasons' standard room, which is the cheapest one, it costs about $500 per night to stay. Imagine how much it cost Lindsay last year to stay in like a club room or something!!! I love Bali :)

davenport124
Aug 16th, 2006, 03:01 PM
Last year she won Bali and was due to play in Beijing the following week but pulled out. She then went on to win 2 more events in Europe so maybe pulling out of Beijing wasen't such a bad idea.

adamaglaia
Aug 16th, 2006, 04:14 PM
it is said that China Open sooner or later will become a Tier I tournament, I strongly believe she should show support to this tournament.

santhuruu
Aug 16th, 2006, 04:29 PM
I think Lindsay Davenport wants to take two weeks off, if she comes far in this years UsOpen, I think she wants to go to Stuttgart, Zürich and Linz.

lindsayno1
Aug 16th, 2006, 04:44 PM
shes already defending bali, filderstadt and zurich...she best play there!

Andrew..
Aug 16th, 2006, 04:45 PM
I think Lindsay Davenport wants to take two weeks off, if she comes far in this years UsOpen, I think she wants to go to Stuttgart, Zürich and Linz.
She doesn't play Linz anymore.

She likes Bali, and will play there.

Lindsayfan32
Aug 16th, 2006, 08:59 PM
It was a while back but I remeber reading for want of better word a press release saying who was playing in China and Lindsay name was mentioned on it. It too far away to know for sure though.

hurricanejeanne
Aug 16th, 2006, 09:13 PM
It's a crap assumption that she'd pull out of Beijing because she pulled out of it last season.
I think she plans to play this year since she bailed on it last season. Plus she plays so well in Asia as it is.
She loves Bali, she's definately playing there.
We'll see in coming weeks.

davenport124
Aug 16th, 2006, 09:38 PM
She doesn't play Linz anymore.

She likes Bali, and will play there.

Why doesn't Lindsay play Linz anymore, she's never lost there!

I think if they made the China Open a tier 1, they would have to get rid of another because there are enough already. I think at that time of the season, the emphasis should be on the European Indoor events, that's where the tier 1's should be at that time.

Andrew..
Aug 16th, 2006, 10:31 PM
I'd put money on 1) Lindsay not playing Beijing, and 2) it being a GE obligated tournament for her.

mike/topgun
Aug 17th, 2006, 12:06 AM
playing Bali, Beijing, Filderstadt and Zurich in like 6 weeks time is just not good...she'll probably skip Beijing. But maybe the field won't be as spectacular as they think...who knows with Lindsay...and if she's healthy everything is possible

hurricanejeanne
Aug 17th, 2006, 03:17 AM
Do we even know her indoor/fall schedule yet?
(Since we can't have entry lists anymore and all, and it's not like tournament sites up date their crap...)

I don't like the idea of her playing New Haven, USO, Bali, Beijing so quick from coming back from such a long absense. It's a bit much. I wouldn't be surprised if she pulls out of Beijing either. We'll have to see how she does in New Haven and New York first, I guess. We'll see in a few weeks.

adamaglaia
Aug 17th, 2006, 10:04 AM
Why doesn't Lindsay play Linz anymore, she's never lost there!

I think if they made the China Open a tier 1, they would have to get rid of another because there are enough already. I think at that time of the season, the emphasis should be on the European Indoor events, that's where the tier 1's should be at that time.
One of the tournaments in North America might be called off, there are 4 in US, and one in Canada. And China Open will be the second Tier I tournament in Asia. The China Open organizers have been working pretty hard on this, but it takes time, China Open is just not good enough yet.

lindsayno1
Aug 17th, 2006, 11:12 AM
kims rankings gona tank now shes injured again :(

mike/topgun
Aug 17th, 2006, 11:34 AM
Yeah, poor Kim. She's almost definitely retiring next year. Another left wrist injury won't do good for her...
though, I wouldn't be surpised if Kim walkes on AA stadium perfectly fit. The pressure is off now, and JHH isn't as strong on fast HC, so Kim's chances if she's fit are very high.
Lindsay's chances for a decent run in NY are growing;)