PDA

View Full Version : Let's Swing the Davenport triumph perhaps in New Haven!

santhuruu
Aug 10th, 2006, 04:37 PM
Well even though Davenport didn't win a match in LA, she saw some positive things out there, first of all it is very important that she is healthy again!

Go and make THA Davey Swing out there Lindsay!:D

Lindsayfan32
Aug 10th, 2006, 10:58 PM
Here here the LA loss wasn't all bad and at least she came out of the match unscathed which is great and she healthy again and she said retirement was not option and Adam's back to add spunk to the team Davenport

adamaglaia
Aug 12th, 2006, 05:46 AM
at least Lindsay knows where she's at now after the loss in LA. If hopefully, she starts to feel like taking control of the points in New Haven and finally plays her level, I guess there is only one Amelie Mauresmo in her way to the triumph. Lindsay did it last year and this year, she should be looking forward to doing it again and, ambitiously, her next grand slam trophy.

Lindsayfan
Aug 13th, 2006, 04:12 PM
Let's go Lindsay!!! :bounce: :banana:

shirley
Aug 13th, 2006, 06:43 PM
Come on Lindsay!!

davenport124
Aug 13th, 2006, 09:23 PM
I hope Lindsay can defend Pilot Pen Tennis and have a great US Open. She has had this week and next week to practice and get back to her best form. She did a similar thing in 2005 and ended up winning 4 of her last 6 tournaments.

hurricanejeanne
Aug 13th, 2006, 09:49 PM
Let's shake the rest of that rust off Lindsay! :dance:

GrandSlam05
Aug 14th, 2006, 03:55 AM
Hell I hope she sandblasts the rust off!
If she's playing decent I think the only problem in the draw would be Dementieva.
Win Lindsay!

jonnymac
Aug 14th, 2006, 03:57 AM
Something tells me its going to be a rough summer for linds :confused: .....I will be patient and give it time...but have my doubts regarding how bad she really wants this at this stage in her life if she was feeling healthy in may/july and had no desire to try and come back. I hope for our sake she will be back and playing well. I am struggling over here with the lack of american women, such as Linds, Cap (Where has she gone and will she ever be back?), and of course a couple of years ago MJ. Not a fan of the williams so dont care what they do of course they couldnt have dissappeared last yr so linds could of have two more slams :mad: ....i guess everything happens for a reason....lets hope the next few months brings promising times for one of the classiest and most respected woman tennis players of all time. :) :worship:

hurricanejeanne
Aug 14th, 2006, 05:23 AM
It's already been a rough year for Lindsay.
And I don't think she would have come back if she lacked the desire to play at her best. She's playing because she still wants to play.
She's already a step forward because she's healthy and playing again. Now she just has to get her game in order. She has a lot of work to do, but she has the team that can get her back there. It's just a matter of time.

GrandSlam05
Aug 14th, 2006, 05:33 AM
I agree and Linds has to absolutely work her butt off to stay as fit as she has been the last couple of years and I don't think she would do it unless she really wants to be out there and winning.
Johnnymac, as far as Jen goes I have my doubts about her coming back. I was a big fan too. It sounds like her recovery is just not so good. Time is the enemy now as she is getting older. Her game required significantly more defense than Lindsay's so I don't think it bodes well for her the older she gets. But I'd love to see her back, no matter how she does!

blumaroo
Aug 14th, 2006, 07:02 AM
I really hope she will be more fit by then. You can't "outfit" the Amelie's and the Elenas though. So hopefully her trademark -only-hit-four-groundstrokes-max shots are back by then.
Completey random, but do you guys have any clips of Lindsay swearing? Everyone says she's always cussing like a sailor but I have never noticed it and I've watched many many matches of hers. Blissfully blind I guess.

hurricanejeanne
Aug 14th, 2006, 11:34 AM
I agree and Linds has to absolutely work her butt off to stay as fit as she has been the last couple of years and I don't think she would do it unless she really wants to be out there and winning.
Johnnymac, as far as Jen goes I have my doubts about her coming back. I was a big fan too. It sounds like her recovery is just not so good. Time is the enemy now as she is getting older. Her game required significantly more defense than Lindsay's so I don't think it bodes well for her the older she gets. But I'd love to see her back, no matter how she does!

I think she has to work as hard as she did in 2004 to get back in tip top shape. She doesn't look like she gained weight, though, which is surprising, so its a matter of just rebuilding her stamina for those long matches and her reaction time, which she said was way off.
She is never going to be the "fittest" player on tour, but if she gets to where she was at least a year ago, she should be fine.
Her game is usually the first to return after these types of layoffs.

No clips of her swearing but she definately does do it, usually in matches where she's make too many errors for her liking or she's having a "personal' day. lol.

adamaglaia
Aug 14th, 2006, 12:57 PM
She's coming back, I know she is. 3 Grand Slam trophies are never enough for Lindsay.

lindsayno1
Aug 14th, 2006, 05:23 PM
I think she has to work as hard as she did in 2004 to get back in tip top shape. She doesn't look like she gained weight, though, which is surprising, so its a matter of just rebuilding her stamina for those long matches and her reaction time, which she said was way off.
She is never going to be the "fittest" player on tour, but if she gets to where she was at least a year ago, she should be fine.
Her game is usually the first to return after these types of layoffs.

No clips of her swearing but she definately does do it, usually in matches where she's make too many errors for her liking or she's having a "personal' day. lol.

lol she swears in like every match! 'fuck' is the usual one!

santhuruu
Aug 21st, 2006, 12:37 PM
Her first round opponent is Srebotnik, I think it's a winable round for Davenport, come on Lindsay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

mike/topgun
Aug 21st, 2006, 03:00 PM
Lindsay's match vs Srebotnik is scheduled for Tuesday:)
Can't wait...

santhuruu
Aug 22nd, 2006, 11:19 PM
And Davenport won her match against Srebotnik with two times 6-3! She hitted 7 aces in her match. She played solid! Next up is Franchesca Schiavone! Good luck Lindsay!!!

dav abu
Aug 23rd, 2006, 05:04 PM
Well done Lindsay :clap2:

shirley
Aug 23rd, 2006, 07:03 PM
Good Luck in the next round Lindsay! :bounce:

Lindsayfan32
Aug 23rd, 2006, 09:30 PM
Another day another victory Lindsay beat Frany 6-4 6-2 sound like another solid match. I only saw a score can someone please fill me in on what happened.

dav abu
Aug 23rd, 2006, 09:33 PM
nice one Lindsay :worship: just followed it on live scoring so some match details would be great please :)

mike/topgun
Aug 23rd, 2006, 09:33 PM
Lindsay's just beaten Fran, 6-4, 6-2 in 1h8' :D
66% 1st serves in
5 ACES, 3 dfs
:bounce:

Next up - quarterfinal vs 1. Amelie Mauresmo:scared:

santhuruu
Aug 24th, 2006, 10:38 AM
Good job for Davenport. Next up is Mauresmo. I think it's a winable match for Lindsay Davenport. Mauresmo is still trying to find rythm. Davenport must start immediately great, cause most of the time Mauresmo is rusty in the beginning of the match. Davenport must also mix up her serve, with changing the spot were she hits the serve, sometimes wide and sometimes through the middle. Good luck Lindsay!

Lindsayfan32
Aug 24th, 2006, 10:19 PM
If anyone who has any of Lindsay's matches could they please upload them to the video page in this forum. I would love to see them. I am willing to part with vcash for them if anyone wants it.

santhuruu
Aug 25th, 2006, 08:09 AM
And the Davey Swing continues as she defeated Mauresmo! She now seeks for revenge against Stosur in the semi-finals and that match will be shown on eurosport, so a lot of people will be able to see that match!

BMP
Aug 25th, 2006, 01:17 PM
Wow, Lindsay was amazing! That's even better than I figured! yay! :D

santhuruu
Aug 26th, 2006, 11:36 AM
Well Davenport fans, what have I told you, I knew that Lindsay would be fine after WTA LA, and so she was and she already did a great job by reaching the final. Her last opponent in this years New Haven will be Henin-Hardenne. Good luck in your next round Davenport!