PDA

View Full Version : withdraws!!!

player
Aug 10th, 2006, 04:19 AM
Hello
Amélie has withdrawn today (right shoulder injury)
And Venus also... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

KevBeep
Aug 10th, 2006, 05:01 AM
Amelie Mauresmo, Venus Williams et Elena Bovina have withdrawn and Daniela Hantuchova, Tatiana Golovin and Vera Zvonareva enter in the Rogers Cup !

myxomatosis
Aug 10th, 2006, 06:23 AM
Amelie and Venus :( :( :(
Grrrr....
Nice to have Tati, Bepa and Dani in there though!

-Makiri-
Aug 10th, 2006, 12:29 PM
Amelie :sad:

LegionArgentina
Aug 11th, 2006, 12:39 AM
What about Justine Henin¿

myxomatosis
Aug 11th, 2006, 12:54 AM
JHH now out too. Who the heck is next :( :(

Ntour
Aug 11th, 2006, 04:52 AM
it was a strong field not so much anymore

DutchieGirl
Aug 11th, 2006, 06:36 AM
:lol: Come on - everyone knew this was gonna happen, right?

myxomatosis
Aug 11th, 2006, 09:39 AM
:lol: Come on - everyone knew this was gonna happen, right?Yeah probably. But that's when you just push that knowledge deep down and pretend like all the top players will play and everything will be happy and lalala. :crazy:

Maria's talking about possibly withdrawing now. :mad:

DutchieGirl
Aug 11th, 2006, 10:09 AM
Yeah probably. But that's when you just push that knowledge deep down and pretend like all the top players will play and everything will be happy and lalala. :crazy:

Maria's talking about possibly withdrawing now. :mad:

It sucks for the people who are going to the tourney, but this is what's been happening this year, and it happened last year too. :(

myxomatosis
Aug 11th, 2006, 10:33 AM
It sucks for the people who are going to the tourney, but this is what's been happening this year, and it happened last year too. :(Oh I went last year and I'm going this year again so I get to experience the suckage first hand :lol:

There will still be great tennis though so that's what matters most to me. But I saw last year how ticket sales were down because Maria, Venus, Serena etc. all pulled out. It hurts the tournament, which is not a good sign.

DutchieGirl
Aug 11th, 2006, 10:36 AM
Oh I went last year and I'm going this year again so I get to experience the suckage first hand :lol:

There will still be great tennis though so that's what matters most to me. But I saw last year how ticket sales were down because Maria, Venus, Serena etc. all pulled out. It hurts the tournament, which is not a good sign.

Yeah, I thought you might be going. ;)

Well for me, I don't really care when Maria, Venus and Serena pull out. But I like Amelie and Patty, so that sucks a bit, but I can't go there anyway, so it's not the end of the world. But I know it'd be so bad if that happened at the AO.

:hug: Hope you'll still have fun anyway!

Ryan
Aug 11th, 2006, 12:39 PM
As long as I see some of my favorites, I personally don't care who withdraws. As a fan of tennis overall however, it's dissapointing to see the star quality diminish.

barabanschikova_fan
Aug 11th, 2006, 02:31 PM
so many withdraw, that's why my passion for women tennis is going down year after year after year.

TheBoiledEgg
Aug 11th, 2006, 02:37 PM
two more withdrew yesterday also :(
Chanda & Craybas

QuicKyMonSter
Aug 11th, 2006, 03:30 PM
two more withdrew yesterday also :(
Chanda & Craybas
:sobbing:

vw.
Aug 11th, 2006, 03:49 PM
Rogers Cup always gets piled with withdrawls.. :sad:

dli
Aug 11th, 2006, 04:52 PM
is it possible that the last direct acceptance would be ranked over 100?

Drake1980
Aug 11th, 2006, 05:46 PM
no

LegionArgentina
Aug 11th, 2006, 06:03 PM
Chanda :sad:

shirgan
Aug 16th, 2006, 01:16 PM
about the many withdrawals:

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Columnists/Lankhof/2006/08/16/1758490-sun.html

If a fan bought tickets for a Leafs game and the Marlies showed up, there would be screams for refunds.

When the Blue Jays are on the play bill, would Paul Godfrey give you a Syracuse Excuse? Not if he wants to get a vault-full instead of an earful.

But, year after year, Canadian tennis fans pay to see Andre Agassi or Maria Sharapova and get a bunch of players whose names look like a word jumble, and all it results in are platitudes from the bozos who run this circus.

The major men's and women's tennis tours promise each year that it'll never happen again. They promise that the advertised players will show up. It's always the same: "Just trust us." It's what tour officials said last year when Sharapova and the Williams sisters bailed on Toronto. What happens?

They show up in Montreal this week with Shahar Peer and Sybille Bammer. Promises. Promises. No one has delivered like this on an oath since the last time Richard Peddie put one hand over his ever-Leafs lovin' heart and the other on the Stanley Cup. But that's another tirade, er ... story.

For Canadian tennis fans it is always the same: Pay up. Shut up. Now go away. There's nothing left to see here.