PDA

View Full Version : The "Tati plays like Rogers @ Montreal!" ThreaD

willrock
Aug 10th, 2006, 12:02 AM
It's not official yet. But I take the risk...
Mauresmo has announced her withdrawl and I had heard Tati was the next player on the list if anyone withdrew. So I hope that's really the case

*crossed fingers*

Havok
Aug 10th, 2006, 12:47 AM
:drool: Viva Tati! I probably won't see her at all since I'll only be going to the night sessions starting on Thursday but I hope she does well here and also plays doubles :D.

FrenchY52
Aug 10th, 2006, 10:55 AM
Yes and i heard Bovina and Hantuchova would be absent too. C'mon Tati !

willrock
Aug 10th, 2006, 12:55 PM
It's now official :D
http://www.rogerscup.com/3/en/news/2006/retire.asp

Harju.
Aug 10th, 2006, 02:10 PM
Here's for a good draw.
:o

selyoink
Aug 10th, 2006, 03:46 PM
Here's for a good draw.
:o

I think we all know a good draw is not possible. Tati will face a seed in the second round no matter what. I'm just hoping that Tati can win two matches. Drawing Petrova would be nice since she has struggled to find her form since returning from injury.

Craigy
Aug 10th, 2006, 04:11 PM
:D Good luck Tati

wurzelman
Aug 10th, 2006, 11:42 PM
Best Wishes Tati :kiss:

yukon145
Aug 11th, 2006, 03:56 AM
good luck Tati!

selyoink
Aug 11th, 2006, 04:40 AM
Justine has also withdrawn now. So the field isn't quite as tough for Tati.

akosiirwyn
Aug 11th, 2006, 06:04 AM
allez tati! hopefully you can pull a few upsets off.

FrenchY52
Aug 11th, 2006, 10:57 AM
Schnyder absent too.

willrock
Aug 11th, 2006, 11:21 AM
allez tati! hopefully you can pull a few upsets off.

Seeing the entry list, Tati has the potential to beat anyone. Hope she'll be fit and hungry for good wins :bounce:

ZAK
Aug 12th, 2006, 12:09 AM
Kim Clijsters BEL [1] - BYE
Stefanie Dubois CAN [WC] - [Q]
Sania Mirza IND - [Q]
Michaella Krajicek NED - Katarina Srebotnik SLO [14]

Dinara Safina RUS [9] - Tatiana Golovin FRA
Catalina Castano COL - Jie Zheng CHN
Jelena Jankovic SCG - Alona Bondarenko UKR
Francesca Schiavone ITA [8] - BYE

Toughest first round that she could have possibly gotten :o. But who knows, Tati has a good head to head with Safina

ZAK
Aug 12th, 2006, 01:18 AM
1Antwerp (http://angelfire.com/space2/wta2/tur2005/antw1875.htm) Feb 20 2005 T Golovin - D Safina6-4 6-710 6-3
SF Paris (http://angelfire.com/space2/wta2/tur2005/pari1866.htm) Feb 13 2005 D Safina - T Golovin6-1 4-6 7-62
2Gold Coast (http://angelfire.com/space2/wta2/tur2005/gold1841.htm) Jan 9 2005 T Golovin - D Safina7-5 3-6 6-2
2Key Bisc. (http://angelfire.com/space2/wta2/tur2004/keyb1483.htm) Apr 4 2004 T Golovin-W - D Safina(23)6-1 6-2

rseto
Aug 12th, 2006, 02:36 AM
Toughest first round that she could have possibly gotten :o. But who knows, Tati has a good head to head with Safina

agree with that. and maybe a tough opponent is what she needs to begin a tournament. i'm also hoping that this week of rest for tati will make a difference compared to safina who is still in LA.

UDACHi
Aug 12th, 2006, 02:40 AM
dinara blows sometimes on hard courts. she's been squeaking through sloppy matches at los angeles and her best results have come on clay and indoors. on those surfaces, she is probably one of the top players around, but elsewhere, she's really inconsistent. i know dinara's the highest seeded player she could have possible faced this early, but it isn't as bad as it looks. :p

death at the thread title. :lol:

what does viva mean? :o

Harju.
Aug 12th, 2006, 06:29 AM
Viva Tati.

Well, considering she's unseeded, she's bound to meet seeded player though I was hoping she could have been in Nadya's quarter but oh well, I'm not too worried though. Safina is not doing that great this summer. She's struggling to beat Vania and Laura and lost to Paola last week. If she wins, we'd have Jie. Revenge please, Tati. Tehn comes the good part. JJ. That is the real test for Tati.

ZAK
Aug 12th, 2006, 08:43 AM
I'm forcing myself to not look beyond the first round. If she wins that, I'll be crazy happy. I really hope she shows up fit and focused, becuase more than likely that'll bring a few victories

Océane
Aug 12th, 2006, 10:40 AM
Very difficult first round ! :(
Unlucky Tati !

-Makiri-
Aug 12th, 2006, 10:41 AM
Allez Tati :)

FedExpress
Aug 12th, 2006, 10:50 AM
Good luck Tati!

FrenchY52
Aug 12th, 2006, 10:51 AM
Bad 1st round, but she plays much better against the bests. C'mon Tati, play at least like Richard (Toronto SF Yeah)

selyoink
Aug 12th, 2006, 11:18 PM
Very tough first round match but Safina is not the greatest hardcourt player around. I think if Tati is playing well she should be able to win.

ZAK
Aug 13th, 2006, 06:29 AM
Due to Sharapova's withdrawl, Tati will now have to play Ivanovic in the first round. :shrug: Hopefully Dean can coach her through it

rseto
Aug 13th, 2006, 07:52 AM
i thought it might be medina garrigues at first but i think it will be ivanovic. :(

tati really really needs one more seeded withdrawal.

yukon145
Aug 13th, 2006, 07:54 AM
god damn it, stuipd ass sharapova. ivanovic is much harder for Tat than safina.

best of luck Tati!

Harju.
Aug 13th, 2006, 08:02 AM
And then someone is going to bump the "Tati is 0-5467657 against everyone" thread.
Brilliant.

While getting Ana is tough, but Ana hasn't been playing that brilliant either.Then again, with Tati, she's inconsistent. Some days she can play brilliant out of nowhere, and some days she can choke or tank matches.

Harju.
Aug 13th, 2006, 08:03 AM
BTW. Yay for Richard :banana:.
Hope he can stop Roger tomorrow.
Viva Richie :drool:.

FrenchY52
Aug 13th, 2006, 10:49 AM
Ivanovic :\ Now Tati you beat her !

TatiAnnahølic
Aug 13th, 2006, 10:59 AM
Fuck Sharapoo... :fiery:

willrock
Aug 13th, 2006, 12:12 PM
So we're gonna have our classic Tati vs Ivanovic :unsure:, much awaited in San Diego :lol:
I hope the outcome won't be the same as usual...
Glimmer of hope : Ivanovic recently lost to players ranked lower than her e.g. Chakvetadze in San Diego & Jankovic in L.A.
C'mon Tat!
(Hope Eurosport will show the match...)

yukon145
Aug 13th, 2006, 03:21 PM
if Tati plays like she did in Stanford or the Nasdaq and just believes that she can win against Ivanovic, she can beat her. she also needs to have a good start, i feel like if Tati gets behind early against Ivanovic shes in trouble.

Tati just believe in your game and you can win, please beat that bitch. i hate Ivanovic.

tennisrulz8
Aug 13th, 2006, 06:04 PM
Tati, please win! Good luck.

Harju.
Aug 13th, 2006, 06:05 PM
if Tati plays like she did in Stanford or the Nasdaq and just believes that she can win against Ivanovic, she can beat her. she also needs to have a good start, i feel like if Tati gets behind early against Ivanovic shes in trouble.

Tati just believe in your game and you can win, please beat that bitch. i hate Ivanovic.
Ugh. Don't remind me of those Zurich matches :sad:.
Stayed up late to see her choke the 5-1 lead.
Please don't do that again, Tati.

Derek.
Aug 13th, 2006, 09:07 PM
Not again. :scared:

Please win Tati.

Allez! :banana:

rseto
Aug 13th, 2006, 10:04 PM
aargh! can't ana stay away from tati. this has already been a rough week without a point being played. play tough in singles and doubles tati!

(6) Li/Sun v. Molik/Voskoboeva
(wc) Golovin/Pelletier v. Ivanovic/Kirilenko
Pratt/Stewart v. Rodionova/Vanc
(2) Black/Groenefeld BYE

willrock
Aug 13th, 2006, 10:22 PM
WTF playing with Pelletier ?!?

TatiAnnahølic
Aug 13th, 2006, 10:38 PM
looks like Tati's desesperate to play doubles :lol::lol: they'll win 3 o 4 games max.

ZAK
Aug 14th, 2006, 12:46 AM
Centre Court (11 AM)
Krajicek vs. Srebotnik
NB 1:00 PM Kirilenko vs. Kostanic
Dechy vs. Obziler
NB 7:00 PM Ivanovic vs. Golovin
Dubois vs. Garbin

Night match on center court! Lets go Tati

yukon145
Aug 14th, 2006, 12:54 AM
Tati has a horrible choice in doubles partners. she needs to play with hingis again.

good luck tomorrow night Tati, please beat Ivanovic.

Havok
Aug 14th, 2006, 01:06 AM
I was there today dring the qualifying and Tati was hitting the ball really well in practice. She was practicing vs Vaidisova, so she'll get used to all the power ;). She was hitting the ball really well, keeping it very deep and not hitting out many times. She also looks to be fitter than when she played in Cincy (I was a bit far, but she was wearing her short shorts and looked super hot :drool: ). Anyways, not the best doubles partner, but cool that she's playing doubles here and with a Canadian player :yeah:. Plus they can both speak French to eachother. I don't see them winning that match, but might sneak out a set.

Sucks ass that Tati was now given Ivanovic in her 1r, but I think Golovin is due for a win vs Ivanovic. She can surely hang with her (she was never blown off the court by Ana) and Ivanovic hasn't been playing superbyl either so she definitely has a shot! Can't wait to watch this match tomorrow night on tv :hearts:.

yukon145
Aug 14th, 2006, 02:06 AM
thanks for the great report, did you get any pictures?

Havok
Aug 14th, 2006, 02:19 AM
No I didn't bring my camera with me :(. She was wearing orange hotpants and looking really hot :drool:. I think she was wearing a black top if I remember correctly, but I saw so many players practicing that day (Hingis, Clijsters, Pelletier, Razzano, Vaidosova, Ivanovic to name a few) so I might not be 100% correct :lol:.

selyoink
Aug 14th, 2006, 05:16 AM
Ivanovic will be a much tougher match for Tati than Safina. I really hope Tati wins.

FrenchY52
Aug 14th, 2006, 11:10 AM
Tati loves playin in night session. C'mon ! Golovin/Pelletier :D . Ivanovic i'm fed up with you .. I can't understand how some people can find her hot ! I've see this horrible thing yesterday on Eurosport : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWWpWe7uQIo
:rolleyes:

TatiAnnahølic
Aug 14th, 2006, 12:29 PM
Centre Court (11 AM)
Krajicek vs. Srebotnik
NB 1:00 PM Kirilenko vs. Kostanic
Dechy vs. Obziler
NB 7:00 PM Ivanovic vs. Golovin
Dubois vs. Garbin

Night match on center court! Lets go TatiGrrr... the match will be on eurosport 2 and I only have eurosport :fiery: Will someone be able to upload the match?? Maybe, boffaloraa? :angel:

boffaloraa
Aug 14th, 2006, 12:56 PM
Grrr... the match will be on eurosport 2 and I only have eurosport :fiery: Will someone be able to upload the match?? Maybe, boffaloraa? :angel:

Sure! :bounce: I'm gonna upload it!, hopefully it will be a good match ;)

JS
Aug 14th, 2006, 04:25 PM
Grrr... the match will be on eurosport 2 and I only have eurosport :fiery: Will someone be able to upload the match?? Maybe, boffaloraa? :angel:
Yeah I have the same problem!! :( :fiery:
I want so badly to see this match... anyone knows if there's a livestream or something...?

FrenchY52
Aug 14th, 2006, 04:27 PM
Putain dsl mais là franchement y'en a marre.. Eurosport1 passent du billard.. du poker.. du Saut a Ski, que de la grosse merde, et pendant ce temps sur Eurosport2 ya tout le tennis .. Pff ..

Harju.
Aug 14th, 2006, 04:34 PM
Try upload it @ rapidshare :tape:
megaupload is :retard: for me.
then again, if Tati loses, i won't even be bothered to download it.

On the other hand,
Tati/Pelletier.
:haha:

Harju.
Aug 14th, 2006, 04:39 PM
On second thought, if she decides to wear hotpants, i'm going to download this match irregardless of the result.

k, i'm rambling here, i know. :tape:

Havok
Aug 14th, 2006, 09:56 PM
No way is she gonna wear hotpants for the night match. It's starting to get a little chilly here in Montreal at night.

FrenchY52
Aug 14th, 2006, 10:12 PM
I think she's gonna wear :
-Wimbledon dress
or
-Miami dress

ezekiel
Aug 15th, 2006, 01:36 AM

hi, please upload here, no limit and fast speed. I want this match :bounce:

http://up-file.com/index.php

just don't use rapidshare :tape: ;)

yukon145
Aug 15th, 2006, 01:59 AM
4-6, 2-6. damn it. Tati of course started like shit and was down 1-5 right away, but than Ivanovic served it out at 5-4. not really sure what happened in the second.

Tati please win at least one match next week at New Haven, thanks.

hablo
Aug 15th, 2006, 02:04 AM
not a good match from golovin (so many ues and sometimes poor choice in shot selection :mad: Get a coach please :rolleyes: )and she also called the trainer for her leg in the second set.

Craigy
Aug 15th, 2006, 02:32 AM
I was watching the match and I'm annoyed with the way she played :sad: she was missing far too many times. I really hope the injury isn't serious. She stopped running in the last couple of games :sad:

selyoink
Aug 15th, 2006, 04:29 AM
Dammit another first round loss. Another discouraging season so far. If only the ankle injury never occurred.

rseto
Aug 15th, 2006, 06:12 AM
thanks for the reports from those who watched the match. highly doubtful if i'm going to download it. :)

the result wasn't a surprise but it really sucks if she got injured again. we might find out more tomorrow if she plays doubles or not.

rseto
Aug 15th, 2006, 09:15 AM
some quotes about the match. glad the injury isn't serious but it sucks that tati is playing worse against ivanovic than in the past. and why does she have a problem with her right ankle? didn't she hurt her left ankle in miami? thoroughly :confused:

Ivanovic holds a 3-0 career edge on Golovin and always seemed in control.

Golovin called for a trainer early in the second set, but said the injury - a tightening of the quadriceps muscle in her left leg - wasn't a factor in the outcome.

"I had a problem with my right ankle and I've been overcompensating with my other leg," she said. "But today, it was just a matter of her playing better."

TatiAnnahølic
Aug 15th, 2006, 10:41 AM
Oh well... She's probably working on new things, so playing against other opponent than Whalevanovic would have helped to gain some confidence.

Anyway there's always a next week :p
Allez Tania!

FrenchY52
Aug 15th, 2006, 11:26 AM
Sometimes i'm a Desperate Tatifan.
Tati. Why doesn't she say herself : "Finally i'm not that good and there is a world between us so i have to work harder" . After this kind of loss, instead of saying "Ivanovic is better", she should be enraged.
Hopefully Dean Goldfine will stay with her and she will work her fucking backhand, her fuckin mental and. ok

Anyway next week she won't play Ivanovic. C'mon Tati

Harju.
Aug 15th, 2006, 04:00 PM
Sometimes i'm a Desperate Tatifan.
Tati. Why doesn't she say herself : "Finally i'm not that good and there is a world between us so i have to work harder" . After this kind of loss, instead of saying "Ivanovic is better", she should be enraged.
Hopefully Dean Goldfine will stay with her and she will work her fucking backhand, her fuckin mental and. ok

Anyway next week she won't play Ivanovic. C'mon Tati

i think you are a bit harsh on tati. we all know that Tati always have a problem playing Ivanovic. it's a bit dellusional of us that we expect a win. moreover, she hurt her leg during the match. add in the fact that ana's playing a good match and tati started the match with her usual miss hits, and hence the loss.

and working with new coach doesn't make you an instant top 10 player in one week time. it takes time. plus, i know it may sound old, tati is still unfit. give her time, y'all. it's not like she loses to someone unknown. and it's only her second first round losses. if by then end of the us open, she still doesn't win a match, we all should be worried then.

and i'm never this positive with tati before. :help:

come on, y'all. seeing her on the court is already good enough. now, all she needs an updated fashion magazine and new stylist.

end of rant.

willrock
Aug 15th, 2006, 04:25 PM
i think you are a bit harsh on tati.

Nah YOU said that :lol:
Ivanovic is now definitely her Nemesis...
End of the story.

ZAK
Aug 16th, 2006, 03:50 AM
Did Tati withdraw from doubles?

yukon145
Aug 16th, 2006, 05:07 AM
Did Tati withdraw from doubles?

i was wondering the same thing. i cant find a score, but they lost because ivanovic/maria are playing tomorrow.

boffaloraa
Aug 16th, 2006, 09:19 AM
Ivanovic/Kirilenko (SCG/RUS) d. (WC) Golovin/Pelletier (FRA/CAN) w/o (Golovin: right thigh strain) :sad:

Sweep
Aug 16th, 2006, 10:40 AM
:sad:

Tati :hug: Hopefully she'll be back to her best soon!

selyoink
Aug 16th, 2006, 04:04 PM
I'm sure she just withdrew for precautionary reasons. No big deal.