PDA

View Full Version : Queer As Folk Do You Watch?

Cage
Aug 8th, 2006, 03:52 AM
Just wondering does anyone watch this drama show? In Australia its on sbs and fox 8 not sure about the rest if the world but its on im sure of it. If you have watched what do you think? :wavey:

LeRoy.
Aug 8th, 2006, 03:55 AM
its ok i guess . The show tries to address some issues that plague the homosexual community but other than that its nothing more than playing to sterotypes that aren't true.

u r talking about the US version right ? not the original UK version ? The guys were hotter in the US version :p

SzavayFi
Aug 8th, 2006, 03:55 AM
ive never heard of it. is it american made?

TF Chipmunk
Aug 8th, 2006, 03:56 AM
ive never heard of it. is it american made?
On Showtime.

Cage
Aug 8th, 2006, 03:58 AM
There is a uk version but the us version is all i have seen so i am addressing the us version :)

partbrit
Aug 8th, 2006, 04:36 AM
Queer As Folk, the American version, ran for five seasons and is over now. It made many gay men angry because it emphasized the bar scene and all that that implies, but the producers said they were never trying to represent the entire gay community.

To its credit, the show did address a lot of important issues--AIDS, gay-bashing, political activism, drug addiction, and gay parenting.

For me, Queer As Folk was worth watching because of the compelling main character, Brian Kinney. I like Gale Harold!

WhatTheDeuce
May 26th, 2007, 06:29 AM
I've recently become obsessed with this show (the US version). I'm in the process of downloading the entire first and second seasons. I'll have to wait to download the next three cause I have a monthly downloading limit and I dont wanna use it all up in one shot LOL. I'm so excited to watch it all though, I saw the first few episodes on a streaming site and I'm hooked now.

For me, Queer As Folk was worth watching because of the compelling main character, Brian Kinney. I like Gale Harold!
I totally agree. Love, love, love, love, love him. :hearts:

Come-on-kim
May 26th, 2007, 06:35 AM
Gale Harold :hearts:

Cage
May 26th, 2007, 06:42 AM
Wow very old thread :lol: this show is so good i cried many times in it

Mateo Mathieu
May 26th, 2007, 07:52 AM
I watched few episodes but never got into it. Weeds (also on Showtime) is heaps better than Queer As Folk ;)

CooCooCachoo
May 26th, 2007, 08:10 AM
I watched the first and second season, but couldn't find a torrent for the third one. It's not aired on Dutch TV.

Anyways, I like the US version, however it does really re-emphasize all the stereotypes that exist. The UK version is much more realistic, but because of that maybe also more boring ;)

MrSerenaWilliams
May 26th, 2007, 08:57 AM
the show was great because of Brian :hearts:

cellophane
May 26th, 2007, 02:22 PM
Watched it when it first came out. :o Thought the dialogue and the characters were painfully bad. As for Gale Harold, don't think he is hot at all. :shrug:

MrSerenaWilliams
May 26th, 2007, 03:16 PM
He has moments where he's :unsure: but 99.9999% of the time, he's TEH SEX!

WhatTheDeuce
May 26th, 2007, 03:16 PM
I watched the first and second season, but couldn't find a torrent for the third one. It's not aired on Dutch TV.

Anyways, I like the US version, however it does really re-emphasize all the stereotypes that exist. The UK version is much more realistic, but because of that maybe also more boring ;)
I found a torrent of the entire series if you're interested.

!<blocparty>!
May 26th, 2007, 10:33 PM
I'm interested. Thanks.

As hot as Brian is... the hottest person on the show (for me) was that musician Justin dates during the second season (I think). He's just prefect in every way. :hearts: Brian is a prick.

And the lesbian couple - yawn. :yawn:

Freakan
May 26th, 2007, 10:40 PM
It's boring and stupid :o
And I watched like 50 episodes:o :help:

WhatTheDeuce
May 26th, 2007, 11:50 PM
As hot as Brian is... the hottest person on the show (for me) was that musician Justin dates during the second season (I think). He's just prefect in every way. :hearts: Brian is a prick.
Yeahhhh, that dude is totally hot. :drool: Brian's still tops though. Something about him just makes you wanna f%&$ his brains out.

cellophane
May 27th, 2007, 02:17 AM
It's boring and stupid :o
And I watched like 50 episodes:o :help:

That's exactly how I felt watching the first season or so. :o :spit: