PDA

View Full Version : I'm New here... and i love Lindsay Davenport!!!

#1Davenport
Aug 7th, 2006, 11:55 PM
I just wanted to let you know i'm new here... Well... actually i joined a long time ago but never posted... and now i've decided to post and voice my opinion about things on here... I hope ya'll like me. :D

Wannabeknowitall
Aug 7th, 2006, 11:58 PM
Welcome. I'm sure many people will like you. Davenport fans tend to be understanding in many areas.

#1Davenport
Aug 8th, 2006, 12:00 AM
Thanks... If anyone wants to ask me some questions to get to know me... Feel free

Stamp Paid
Aug 8th, 2006, 12:04 AM
How do you reconcile being a Davenport AND Venus Williams fan?

Most Davenport fans hate her and create derogatory nicknames.

#1Davenport
Aug 8th, 2006, 12:06 AM
Well... I've always been a huge fan of both... and part of the reason is cause they both are power players and from the US.

hurricanejeanne
Aug 8th, 2006, 12:16 AM
Hi I'm a Lindsay fan as well!

UDACHi
Aug 8th, 2006, 12:26 AM
you soo got upstage by spermfan. :o

Craigy
Aug 8th, 2006, 12:31 AM
you soo got upstage by spermfan. :o
Too right :lol:

fufuqifuqishahah
Aug 8th, 2006, 12:36 AM
Well... I've always been a huge fan of both... and part of the reason is cause they both are power players and from the US.
How do you reconcile being a Davenport AND Venus Williams fan?

Most Davenport fans hate her and create derogatory nicknames.

wooo LINDZ!

i used to not like lindsay that much, but now that i'm older, I can appreciate her better. i am a hardcore venus fan and a softcore lindz fan

Yay! Welcome. =)

Derek.
Aug 8th, 2006, 12:41 AM
Welcome! :wavey:

What's your name? :)

#1Davenport
Aug 8th, 2006, 12:51 AM
My name's Caleb and I'm 17. any more questions?

vw.
Aug 8th, 2006, 01:20 AM
Welcome!
Excellent choice of favourite players!

GrandSlam05
Aug 8th, 2006, 03:11 AM
I just wanted to let you know i'm new here... Well... actually i joined a long time ago but never posted... and now i've decided to post and voice my opinion about things on here... I hope ya'll like me. :D
Welcome! Ok I'm totally diggin' your Lindsay fanship, but Venus :(
Haha j/k I just can't get into Queen Vee, but I do like Serena.
Here's hoping to Lindsay staying healthy and happy!

SzavayFi
Aug 8th, 2006, 03:19 AM
Welcome to the game :p

Pheobo
Aug 8th, 2006, 12:33 PM

Why do people feel obligated to cheer for players just because they're from the same country? I don't get it. That whole "Death of American Tennis" thing at Wimbledon was so melodramatic.

Good luck with the whole Lindsay thing. I doubt we're gonna have her around long.

Kunal
Aug 8th, 2006, 12:44 PM
and i like her too

GrandSlam05
Aug 8th, 2006, 12:51 PM
I could care less what country a player if from. If I like their tennis, then so be it. During the olympics I cheer for USA, but in pro tennis, they are playing for themselves, not their country.

#1Davenport
Aug 8th, 2006, 02:02 PM
Well... I don't base my favorites just on country... Mary Pierce isn't American... but she used to be. I also like Vaidisova and Dementieva and they aren't from America... I like players pretty much if they have the power game. It's my favorite, and its what i have in real life. I like Lindsay the most cause she reminds me of me. She's 6'3" as am I, not the fastest on the court as am I, and she hits the ball really hard and so do I. LOL! :angel:

The Daviator
Aug 8th, 2006, 02:09 PM
Another Lindsay fan! Welcome :)

tennisboi
Aug 8th, 2006, 03:41 PM
Welcome. I'm sure many people will like you. Davenport fans tend to be understanding in many areas.

Thanks:)IMO Lindsay has the best and most down to earth fans on this board along with Momo's

SelesFan70
Aug 8th, 2006, 04:45 PM
Welcome to the board. :wavey:

I look forward to your transformation into a bitter, hateful, negative, can't-say-a-kind-word-unless-she's-your-favorite poster like the rest of us! :lol:

Nicjac
Aug 8th, 2006, 04:51 PM
Well... I don't base my favorites just on country... Mary Pierce isn't American... but she used to be. I also like Vaidisova and Dementieva and they aren't from America... I like players pretty much if they have the power game. It's my favorite, and its what i have in real life. I like Lindsay the most cause she reminds me of me. She's 6'3" as am I, not the fastest on the court as am I, and she hits the ball really hard and so do I. LOL! :angel:

Finally, Bovina joined us, too ;)

!<blocparty>!
Aug 8th, 2006, 06:47 PM

You may want to change your name and your faves. Lindsay will retire soon, as will Mary, and Penis just blows.

Ha I used a derogatory nickname.

Have fun! :wavey:

tennisboi
Aug 8th, 2006, 09:12 PM
Finally, Bovina joined us, too ;)

:lol: I wish

#1Davenport
Aug 8th, 2006, 10:06 PM
You may want to change your name and your faves. Lindsay will retire soon, as will Mary, and Penis just blows.

Ha I used a derogatory nickname.

Have fun! :wavey:

I don't think Lindsay or Mary will being going anywhere very soon... I just read articles where Lindsay's layoff made her realize the fun of tennis... And Mary still has the goals of being #1, winning Wimbledon, and winning an Olympic Gold Medal. :)