PDA

View Full Version : What are the rules for coaching going to be?

ZAK
Aug 7th, 2006, 09:31 PM
What are the rules?

alwayshingis
Aug 7th, 2006, 11:53 PM
I'd like to know too. So I can bash them. And complain some more.

alwayshingis
Aug 7th, 2006, 11:58 PM
Here's what I could find:

players will be able to request their coach to come on court once per set as well as during set breaks. If a player takes a medical time out or bathroom break, the opposing player only may request her coach without losing one of her rights to do so. Coaching timeouts will be conducted during changeovers and at mid-set intervals. In either case, there will be no delay of play permitted. Coaches will be assigned designated seats to ensure easy access to the court.

For televised matches, all coaching timeouts will be filmed and available for broadcast to TV viewers on a tape delayed basis.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

That's it On-Court Coaching...you're on notice.

ZAK
Aug 8th, 2006, 12:23 AM
I think the whole injury timeout, only the other player has access to their coach- thing is pretty interesting. Is that kind of a way of trying to "punish" players for taking timeouts?

I'm against the on-court coaching on principle, but I have to admit I'm curious to see what'll be like. The first match of Montreal on TV should be interesting.

louisa2k2
Aug 8th, 2006, 11:39 AM
Its good because the other player wont call their coach on if its only a short time out and it will take away the advantage that players sometimes get by calling time outs at crucial times in a match which would seem they are trying to distract their oponent.