PDA

View Full Version : Hezbollah Wounds 3 UN "Peacekeepers" From China...Where's The Outrage?

SelesFan70
Aug 7th, 2006, 09:11 PM
BEIRUT, Aug 6 (Reuters) - Three Chinese soldiers in the United Nations peacekeeping force were lightly wounded on Sunday when a mortar round fired by Hizbollah hit their base in southern Lebanon, a spokesman for the UNIFIL force said.

"A mortar round from Hizbollah impacted inside the headquarters of the Chinese contingent in the al-Hinneyeh area," the spokesman said.

"They received medical treatment in position. Their condition is stable and they were not evacuated."

An Israeli air strike killed four U.N. military observers at their base in southern Lebanon on July 25. Other Israeli shells have hit UNIFIL positions and wounded peacekeepers during the 26-day-old war between Israel and Lebanese Hizbollah guerrillas.

In 1996, during Israel's Grapes of Wrath campaign in Lebanon, Israeli bombed a UNIFIL compound in the southern village of Qana, killing 106 civilians sheltering inside.

UNIFIL was created in 1978 after Israel's first major invasion of southern Lebanon and has been there ever since.

The United Nations has called for a bigger, more robust and better armed force in the area as part of expected resolution for a lasting ceasefire.

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/L06845878.htm

The silence is deafening. :rolleyes: Let me guess...they were just "lightly wounded"...not killed...so it's not the same as when Israel supposedly (on purpose, mind you) killed 4 UN "peacekeepers". :rolleyes:

This is from Reuters...hopefully they didn't photoshop any photos for this article! :help:

Helen Lawson
Aug 7th, 2006, 09:17 PM
I guess a "rag-tag" terrorist sect is given more room for error than like a real county with sophisticated weapons.

SelesFan70
Aug 7th, 2006, 09:20 PM
I guess a "rag-tag" terrorist sect is given more room for error than like a real county with sophisticated weapons.

That must be it. :lol: Or there's a vast media conspiracy against Israel. :scared: :tape: :help: :scared:

badunka
Aug 7th, 2006, 09:26 PM
That must be it. :lol: Or there's a vast media conspiracy against Israel. :scared: :tape: :help: :scared:

Israel is the terrorist nation in the region and unfortunately has been able to ravage the region with weapons funded by American capital. It's scary stuff.

Crazy Canuck
Aug 7th, 2006, 09:40 PM
Israel is the terrorist nation in the region and unfortunately has been able to ravage the region with weapons funded by American capital. It's scary stuff.
I agree. Their insistance on fighting back and not just rolling over and accepting their extermination is frightening indeed!

JustineTime
Aug 7th, 2006, 10:21 PM

YEAH! Israel, those friggin' rabble rousers! :mad:

DISCLAIMER: /\ Sarcasm. ;)

*JR*
Aug 7th, 2006, 11:11 PM
How come I didn't hear about this on the BBC or CNN yet? :confused:

tennisbum79
Aug 8th, 2006, 12:29 AM
"They received medical treatment in position. Their condition is stable and they were not evacuated."

An Israeli air strike killed four U.N. military observers at their base in southern Lebanon on July 25. Other Israeli shells have hit UNIFIL positions and wounded peacekeepers during the 26-day-old war between Israel and Lebanese Hizbollah guerrillas.

In 1996, during Israel's Grapes of Wrath campaign in Lebanon, Israeli bombed a UNIFIL compound in the southern village of Qana, killing 106 civilians sheltering inside.

UNIFIL was created in 1978 after Israel's first major invasion of southern Lebanon and has been there ever since.

You failed to note that in the same story, it was writen that Israel has also wounded UN peace keepers during this war and it was not widely reported.

The ourage on Israel was not only because of the deaths of the peace keepers, but also Israel had been warned reapeatedly that the the UN troops of their position.

It could also be because Israel has had a history of bombing UN personel.
They did it in 1996, and killed over 100 civilians who were to take shelter.

My view is they (the press) should report on everything, injuries as well as deaths.

Crazy Canuck
Aug 8th, 2006, 01:32 AM
You failed to note that in the same story, it was writen that Israel has also wounded UN peace keepers during this war and it was not widely reported.

You're either just kidding, or don't read the news. Or have created a brand new definition for "widely".

fufuqifuqishahah
Aug 8th, 2006, 02:04 AM
because un peacekeepers always die.

their death toll since their existence is in the thousands

samsung101
Aug 8th, 2006, 03:41 PM
There is only 'outrage' among the 'world' when it is
Israel.

Is Khofi Annan going to hold a press conference and
call them out on this?

No.

But, he wants us to negotiate with these same people
Israel - you give up this, back down here, and act
nice. Hezbollah and Hamas promise to....well, they
don't promise to do anything at all.

But, it will look good on paper and on tv, and the
EU and the UN will feel really good about it. Maybe
they can all have cake at Camp David or at Oslo!

I was wondering when or if anyone would post this.
Yes, hey, Hezbollah, those really nice misunderstood guys,
they killed some UN people, again, and well, funny,
it wasn't a huge international headline! Why is that/

You're right about it.

So, when I read the 'world' doesn't like the USA, I
can only think - good. I don't know if I'd want the
world powers that be that are cowering to Hezbollah,
increasing their anti-semitic stances, and repeating
the same Iraq/Iran/North Korea/1930's mistakes
all over again to appease terrorists and killers. If
those are our friends, never mind them.

Keep stalling Condi...give Israel more time to kill
more of the Hezbollah rats.

griffin
Aug 8th, 2006, 03:48 PM

Or, people see a difference between a single mortar and mutiple rockets fired over 20-30 minutes, rockets that continued BEING fired despite radio calls from the targets saying "oi! you're bombing a UN station!"

tterb
Aug 8th, 2006, 03:59 PM
Right. Because everyone who doesn't completely support Israel's demolition of Lebanon has clearly shown they believe Hezbollah is incapable of wrongdoing.

Trust me, there's plenty of blame to go around in this whole war. But if you wanted a serious answer to your question, I'll refer to griffin:

Or, people see a difference between a single mortar and mutiple rockets fired over 20-30 minutes, rockets that continued BEING fired despite radio calls from the targets saying "oi! you're bombing a UN station!"
Please continue trying to find double standards though, SelesFan. I'm sure you can muster up some more examples of why everyone just HATES Israel for no good reason.

mykarma
Aug 8th, 2006, 04:00 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to griffin again.

samsung101
Aug 8th, 2006, 04:42 PM
The same reason there is no outrage over the
fake Reuters photos, the staged antics of
Hezbollah after the Qana non-massacre (same
'rescue' worker in dozens of photos, and inability
to reason why the children were there at all or
were they taken there on purpose).

Why don't we have the UN call for a ceasefire
in Iraq? How about getting Sadr and Al Queda
and Iran (those pesky peaceful Iranians again)
sit down with the US officials and plan a ceasefire
in Iraq? Nah.............

For the same reason it never works. A ceasefire
implies there are some reasonable people on the
other side that desire peace. In this case, Hezbollah
and Hamas and Iran do not want peace or reason-
they want Israel wiped out, and then they want to
work on their 2nd project - wiping out the Christian
and non-Muslim West.

The_Pov
Aug 8th, 2006, 05:32 PM

:worship: :worship: Scary to think we live in a world like this

griffin
Aug 8th, 2006, 05:38 PM
In this case, Hezbollah
and Hamas and Iran do not want peace or reason-
they want Israel wiped out,

Wow, samsung, thank you for pointing out one of the reasons i forgot to give for why some people are reacting to Israel's actions the way they are :D

Of course you're right - Hezbollah IS bent on death and destruction, of Israel specifically, and they ARE backed by Iran (you forgot Syria though). Which is why many like myself who wholeheartedly support Israel's right to exist in peace are both horrified and mystified by the fact that, rather than go at the root of the problem (Iran and Syria), Israel is pounding the SHIT out of Lebanon.

Which not only results in the deaths of hundreds of innocent bystanders (probably thousands by the time this is done), it continues to destabilize Lebanon - thus making it easeir for Hezbollah to set up shop without interference.

Meteor Shower
Aug 8th, 2006, 05:48 PM
Wow, samsung, thank you for pointing out one of the reasons i forgot to give for why some people are reacting to Israel's actions the way they are :D

Of course you're right - Hezbollah IS bent on death and destruction, of Israel specifically, and they ARE backed by Iran (you forgot Syria though). Which is why many like myself who wholeheartedly support Israel's right to exist in peace are both horrified and mystified by the fact that, rather than go at the root of the problem (Iran and Syria), Israel is pounding the SHIT out of Lebanon.

Which not only results in the deaths of hundreds of innocent bystanders (probably thousands by the time this is done), it continues to destabilize Lebanon - thus making it easeir for Hezbollah to set up shop without interference.

because all the bombings and kidnappers came from Lebanon. We can't say 'well we believe that Iran and Syria backs Lebanon who hurts us so we will go after them'. The reactions from the world would be :tape:
Besides, Do you think Israel should go after Iran and Syria while Lebanon is bombing us? :o

Second thing. The point in this war is to disarm the Hizbollah. I know I'm repeating myself but if the innocent bystanders would colleborate with Israel and not the Hizbollah they would stay unharmed and will be sure to have a home when the war is over. (now you'll probably gonna argue with that,
but since they never agreed both of us will never know what would
have happened so its pointless)

griffin
Aug 8th, 2006, 06:09 PM
if the innocent bystanders would colleborate with Israel and not the Hizbollah they would stay unharmed and will be sure to have a home when the war is over. (now you'll probably gonna argue with that,
but since they never agreed both of us will never know what would
have happened so its pointless)

That's a little like me saying I wouldn't be burning down your house if you'd just take out the garbage...after I've broken both your legs.

The bystanders aren't armed. Their government is unstable, their defense forces are disorganized, and now their infrastructure is in ruins.

What exactly do you expect them to do?

(and since you clearly don't care what the world thinks of Israel for what it's doing in Lebanon, why would you or Israel care what the world would think of Israel attacking Syria or Iran?)

Meteor Shower
Aug 8th, 2006, 06:13 PM
That's a little like me saying I wouldn't be burning down your house if you'd just take out the garbage...after I've broken both your legs.

The bystanders aren't armed. Their government is unstable, their defense forces are disorganized, and now their infrastructure is in ruins.

What exactly do you expect them to do?

first of all, not hide stashes of weapons in their houses.
second, with the help of Israel,U.S and the Lebanese army puke the Hizbollah away from their country. (I like 'take out the trash' better though :p)

Meteor Shower
Aug 8th, 2006, 06:16 PM
(and since you clearly don't care what the world thinks of Israel for what it's doing in Lebanon, why would you or Israel care what the world would think of Israel attacking Syria or Iran?)

You'd be surprised how much we care, or rather how much
U.S care for that matter. If they don't want it,
Israel won't do it.

Personally I wish we could go after Iran and Syria,
but I think its just not possible now. I'm sure there are
complicated reasons that I just can't think about.