PDA

View Full Version : OH My God........... What People Will Do For Money....!

roarke
Aug 7th, 2006, 07:27 PM
Author of Clay Aiken Book Sues Singer
Aug 7, 9:01 AM EST

The Associated Press

RALEIGH, N.C. -- The author of an "unauthorized tribute" to Clay Aiken is suing the "American Idol" singer, claiming he defamed her and conspired to stifle sales of her book.

Jeannie Holleman, 50, says she is a lifelong friend and neighbor of a Raleigh family that was friends with Aiken's mother, Faye Parker, and took her in when Parker and her young son left her abusive husband.

Holleman's 2005 book, "Out of the Blue 'Clay' it Forward," incorporates interviews from the McGhee family and her own recollections with stories from Aiken's fans.

In the lawsuit, filed Friday in Wake County Superior Court, Holleman claims Aiken, his mother and others conspired to defame her and depress sales of her book by denying they knew her, branding her stories as lies and demeaning the book on Aiken fans' Web sites.

The lawsuit also claims a bodyguard for Aiken manhandled Holleman at a fundraiser in Hawaii.

A telephone message left Sunday at Parker's home was not immediately returned. Messages left with Aiken's management company were not immediately returned.

The lawsuit seeks at least $260,000 in damages and asks the court to order Aiken to retract the critical comments or endorse the book on his official Web site, to write a positive introduction for the book and to sell the book at his concerts for at least five years.

griffin
Aug 7th, 2006, 07:30 PM
Soo, it's not enough that the Aiken family took her and her son in when they were fleeing an abusive situation...they have to shill her book, too?

Sally Struthers
Aug 7th, 2006, 07:31 PM
so let me get this straight ... she's a friend of a friend of clay Aiken's mom and she wrote a tell all book? :lol: :shrug:

Pheobo
Aug 7th, 2006, 07:32 PM
I can't see why anybody would spend time writing a book about him.

Black Mamba.
People sue over anything a guy tried to sue Michael Jordan because he looks like MJ and he says it has affected his life.

MinnyGophers
actually Griff, i think it's friends of Aiken's family that took her in. So she doesn't even necessarily KNOW the Aiken family per se.

MinnyGophers
Aug 7th, 2006, 07:33 PM
People sue over anything a guy tried to sue Michael Jordan because he looks like MJ and he says it has affected his life.

I know that pissed me off. When asked why he wouldn't just change his looks, he said that he liked it.

:rolleyes:

Really, what I am pissed off most about are the judges who allow cases like that to even be heard.

The_Pov
Aug 7th, 2006, 07:41 PM
Who is he???

Helen Lawson
Aug 7th, 2006, 07:44 PM
I find Clay Aiken totally gross and yucky. The only way I'd make it with Clay Aiken is if I was like terminally ill and God told me that the only way I could get cured would be to do it with Clay Aiken.

meyerpl
Aug 7th, 2006, 08:00 PM
I find Clay Aiken totally gross and yucky. The only way I'd make it with Clay Aiken is if I was like terminally ill and God told me that the only way I could get cured would be to do it with Clay Aiken.
If I was Clay Aiken and I read Helen's post, I'd say to myself, "Hey, at least there's hope! There is a scenereo where it could happen!" :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

By the way Helen, I haven't seen many posts from you lately. Word around the campfire is you were in Japan shooting a television commercial for Chesterfield Cigarettes?

Martian KC
Aug 7th, 2006, 08:04 PM
As if Clay isn't through enough embarrassment.:tape:

hurricanejeanne
Aug 7th, 2006, 09:59 PM
I can't see why anybody would spend time writing a book about him.

no kidding, his 15 minutes were up a long time ago.

Wigglytuff
Aug 7th, 2006, 10:06 PM
Author of Clay Aiken Book Sues Singer
Aug 7, 9:01 AM EST

The Associated Press

RALEIGH, N.C. -- The author of an "unauthorized tribute" to Clay Aiken is suing the "American Idol" singer, claiming he defamed her and conspired to stifle sales of her book.

Jeannie Holleman, 50, says she is a lifelong friend and neighbor of a Raleigh family that was friends with Aiken's mother, Faye Parker, and took her in when Parker and her young son left her abusive husband.

Holleman's 2005 book, "Out of the Blue 'Clay' it Forward," incorporates interviews from the McGhee family and her own recollections with stories from Aiken's fans.

In the lawsuit, filed Friday in Wake County Superior Court, Holleman claims Aiken, his mother and others conspired to defame her and depress sales of her book by denying they knew her, branding her stories as lies and demeaning the book on Aiken fans' Web sites.

The lawsuit also claims a bodyguard for Aiken manhandled Holleman at a fundraiser in Hawaii.

A telephone message left Sunday at Parker's home was not immediately returned. Messages left with Aiken's management company were not immediately returned.

The lawsuit seeks at least $260,000 in damages and asks the court to order Aiken to retract the critical comments or endorse the book on his official Web site, to write a positive introduction for the book and to sell the book at his concerts for at least five years.

wtf are they on! even if she had a case no judge would ever order that.

yeah some people would do anything for just a little bling.

Helen Lawson
Aug 7th, 2006, 10:08 PM
If I was Clay Aiken and I read Helen's post, I'd say to myself, "Hey, at least there's hope! There is a scenereo where it could happen!" :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

By the way Helen, I haven't seen many posts from you lately. Word around the campfire is you were in Japan shooting a television commercial for Chesterfield Cigarettes?

I did all my Chesterfield ads in January, but I'm almost ashamed to admit it, but I've been away doing "Depends" adult diaper ads. Hey, now that June Allyson croaked, it was free pickings for Helen. Anyway, never fear, Helen herself does NOT need adult diapers, I make that clear in the ad. I say, "Hello, I'm Helen Lawson, and I'm here to talk about adult diapers. You see, I don't need them, but I know my sister Florence uses them, and that a certain two-time Oscar winning legend with violet eyes whom I beat out of an Oscar uses them, so I'm here to tell you that they're a-ok in my book. And, if you're like me, and you like to have your 5-6 martinis at lunch, it never hurts to have a few laying around in case you wet your pants from being giddy drunk, like Joan Rivers once did at one of my parties."

The Depends people are real pros, I got my own dressing room and Folger's crystals, and a limo.

Wigglytuff
Aug 7th, 2006, 10:08 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: is this true!??

wow!

hurricanejeanne
Aug 7th, 2006, 10:14 PM
Who is he???

:lol: :lol: :lol:

griffin
Aug 7th, 2006, 10:15 PM
wtf are they on! even if she had a case no judge would ever order that.

$5 says they know that and are just filing the suit for the publicity it'll bring.

Wigglytuff
Aug 7th, 2006, 10:19 PM
$5 says they know that and are just filing the suit for the publicity it'll bring.
true, true, true