PDA

View Full Version : MARY IS 13TH in the RANKING

pierce the best
Aug 7th, 2006, 09:22 AM
Our Mary is 13th in the ranking with 1411 points.

The problem is that if she will stay at this position she will face at the us open in the fourth round one of the top four players. she has now 60 points minus than martina hingis so mary need to play a very good tournament in montreal.

I hope she will have a coach with her in montreal and us open, she is a player who needs a coach to give her this kick.

Mark Spruce
Aug 7th, 2006, 01:49 PM
well what ever happens it is great to see Mary back again

SHe will get better with more matches do not worry

pierce0415
Aug 7th, 2006, 02:04 PM
yes I hope she gets into the 9-12 group (4R against Dementieva, Kuznetsova, Schnyder, Petrova) instead of 13-16 (4R against Sharapova, Clijsters, Henin or Mauresmo)

Declan
Aug 7th, 2006, 03:49 PM
The problem is that Mary now has so few tournaments counting towards her ranking, and so many points from just a few events. If she doesn't do as well in either the US Open or Moscow she'll fall a fair way in the rankings as a matter of course, and she will lose ALL her YEC points as she obviously won't qualify for that this year. That doesn't leave much! Unless she stacks up points playing in the events that she missed last year because of injury, it's a given that Mary's ranking will fall greatly by the end of the year.

Mark Spruce
Aug 7th, 2006, 04:17 PM
But at least she is playing again

Sund7101
Aug 7th, 2006, 04:33 PM
I am very happy to see Mary back and playing again, and it will take time before she gets back into the swing of things and to her form of last year. She does have a lot of points to defend and she'll lose her YEC points that's a given. But next year she'll have basically no points to defend. If she plays well at the US open and lets say she gets to the quarters, (or further I hope) she has defended a lot of points. And besides Moscow she didn't play any other tournaments late in the year. She could gain points by playing some Tier II events like Beijing, Luxembourg, or Stuttgart. And then the Tier I events at Moscow and Zurich. She could stay even or gain points by playing those events, because she will lose those YEC points. Mary will do great the rest of the year once she gets matches under her belt, and I don't expect her to fall out of the Top 20. Wait till 2007 no points to defend that's when she'll reach her goal of number 1.

Mark Spruce
Aug 7th, 2006, 05:00 PM
I pray for a slam win than to be #1

It would be great to see Mary life the RG crown again

Kathrin
Aug 7th, 2006, 06:13 PM
I don't know what all of you expect?? The only thing that is important is that she is playing now..

squig2k
Aug 7th, 2006, 06:25 PM
im not too worried about marys ranking now because it is inevitable she will drop continuously. however, ur right, shes playing at montreal this year, and although she has stacks of US open points to defend, she can reach 4r or 1/4 final which is a fair achievement, and she only played moscow between US and YEC. the Yec points will definitely come off but mary will have until jan to train and come back to the tour better than before! and with NO points to defend for 6 months

Lunatiq
Aug 7th, 2006, 06:38 PM
I think that Mary plays too rare to be number one. But we will see the rest of the season. I hope she will be... She deserves that...;)

pierce the best
Aug 7th, 2006, 07:39 PM
i believe she can be number one and that she can win more grand slams wimbledon and rg and us open

Sir David Pierce
Aug 7th, 2006, 08:38 PM
she will make it back again, also in the ranking!

saby
Aug 7th, 2006, 09:53 PM
who cares about the ranking, she's playing and that is the most important, she already made come backsssss so don't worry

Mark Spruce
Aug 8th, 2006, 02:13 AM
I am glad that you think the same. I thought you would :wavey:

It has been such a long time and it is just seeing her back on court is enough for me now.

Mark

who cares about the ranking, she's playing and that is the most important, she already made come backsssss so don't worry

RJWCapriati
Aug 8th, 2006, 04:35 AM
If she makes it deep in Montreal - she'll go right back up!! Good luck Mary!!

danthepiercefan
Aug 8th, 2006, 05:10 AM
I agree. The most important fact is Mary's now participating. Whatever ranking issues will come next. Just as outstanding as her 2005 record, which inspired my will power so much.

That's why I just went and got THIS -- to show other people that she definetly worth the worshipping.

Tell me what u think, guys?
I just designed the flower.

cakiteror
Aug 8th, 2006, 05:46 AM
damthepiercefan i love it,i just hope its not permanent!
i just dont like permanet skin writings!

pierce_fanatic
Aug 8th, 2006, 10:16 AM
I agree. The most important fact is Mary's now participating. Whatever ranking issues will come next. Just as outstanding as her 2005 record, which inspired my will power so much.

That's why I just went and got THIS -- to show other people that she definetly worth the worshipping.

Tell me what u think, guys?
I just designed the flower.
wow that looks great, i thought you were joking when you mentioned getting one in another thread but yeah it looks great, you'll have to head down to Montreal next week and show Mary ;)

it shows you're totally committed to Mary and i think that's great, nice work :yeah:

MPStylee
Aug 8th, 2006, 11:35 AM
Dude, you're a legend to all Mary fans! I love it!!! I really like the font and style!

What did your mates say about it? or your family? Were they surprised?

It's rad but! I want one but I don't know if I have the guts! hahaha

I agree that's it's just good to see Mary competing again! Should couldn't have let her comback for that much longer! She needs to get fired up!
ALLEZ Mary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Dan!

Mark Spruce
Aug 8th, 2006, 02:58 PM
I love it.

I think i would be mad enough to get somthing like that done. But not as big LOL

Mark

pierce0415
Aug 8th, 2006, 03:09 PM
I hope Mary gets enough points to overtake someone in Montreal so she is #12 for USO seeds

squig2k
Aug 8th, 2006, 06:00 PM
wow is that permanent? shows your dedication to mary :bounce:

squig2k
Aug 8th, 2006, 06:03 PM
I hope Mary gets enough points to overtake someone in Montreal so she is #12 for USO seeds

mary needs 60 points more than hingis will get to get no.12. i agree, the no12 seeding would be really great as she would be facing the much weaker 5-8 seeds who she has beaten numerous times.

Sund7101
Aug 8th, 2006, 08:17 PM
Danthepiercefan I love your new tattoo!

And I agree it would be great if Mary could move up to 12 or higher, hoping for the best.

danthepiercefan
Aug 8th, 2006, 09:01 PM
wow that looks great, i thought you were joking when you mentioned getting one in another thread but yeah it looks great, you'll have to head down to Montreal next week and show Mary ;)

it shows you're totally committed to Mary and i think that's great, nice work :yeah:
I would love to go to Montreal to show my tattoo(permanent) to Mary, but I'm afraid I can't because I'm a disable person, I damaged my Spinal Cord in a bad car accident 10 years ago. It might be hard for me and my big wheelchair to get on the crowded tennis court.

I have some hospital appointments periodically. Sometimes I would think I'm just wasting my time, but when I think of how Pierce found her path and
overcame oll her hardships--my attitude changes.

No, my parents haven' seen the tattoo yet. I think they might yell at me, but then I'm 31 yrs old- they wouldn't really care. They would rather pay more attention to my younger sister (which is a great idea).

saby
Aug 8th, 2006, 10:15 PM
I would love to go to Montreal to show my tattoo(permanent) to Mary, but I'm afraid I can't because I'm a disable person, I damaged my Spinal Cord in a bad car accident 10 years ago. It might be hard for me and my big wheelchair to get on the crowded tennis court.

Wow your tattoo is permanent !!! that is cool lol

Are you sure that you can't go to Montreal, it's a big tournament and i'm sure there is a solution for you to go, can you give a call to them and ask if you can come without having any difficulties, if it's not possible that mean they are stupid they should have think of it. I'm sure she will help you to get in if she see you...and your tattoo !!!

Lu_Weird
Aug 9th, 2006, 01:48 PM
Wow..I want to have a tatoo of Mary too...on my chest maybe..but first I have to lose some fat of my belly!!!

Lu_Weird
Aug 9th, 2006, 01:58 PM

I have some hospital appointments periodically. Sometimes I would think I'm just wasting my time, but when I think of how Pierce found her path and

No, my parents haven' seen the tattoo yet. I think they might yell at me, but then I'm 31 yrs old- they wouldn't really care. They would rather pay more attention to my younger sister (which is a great idea).

Oh..sorry to hear that you can't move well. Mary will be very impressed if she saw your tatoo and you(becasue it is not easy for you to see her in person with your wheelchair, she will be encouraged much by such a wonderful fan like you)!!! Good Lucky, Don't give up the chance and dream!

pierce0415
Aug 9th, 2006, 02:24 PM

Dan I am moved by your situation
Where do you live in Canada? I am sure that the tournament can accomodate you !!!
If you would like, I can contact them for you?

Mark Spruce
Aug 9th, 2006, 03:26 PM
Yeah I am with Saby. I thought in Montreal they might have had places for disabled people. It might be worth to ring and ask them.

Mark

Wow your tattoo is permanent !!! that is cool lol

Are you sure that you can't go to Montreal, it's a big tournament and i'm sure there is a solution for you to go, can you give a call to them and ask if you can come without having any difficulties, if it's not possible that mean they are stupid they should have think of it. I'm sure she will help you to get in if she see you...and your tattoo !!!

Mark Spruce
Aug 9th, 2006, 03:27 PM
LOL

I would have a Mary tatoo with some like "There Is Somthing about Mary" and maybe "Fierce Pierce"

Mark

Wow..I want to have a tatoo of Mary too...on my chest maybe..but first I have to lose some fat of my belly!!!

squig2k
Aug 9th, 2006, 07:01 PM
LOL

I would have a Mary tatoo with some like "There Is Somthing about Mary" and maybe "Fierce Pierce"

Mark

make sure you spell something right if you do have that tatooed on you mark :p misspelled tatoos are horrors!

Mark Spruce
Aug 9th, 2006, 08:17 PM
I would make sure it was spelled right LOL

danthepiercefan
Aug 9th, 2006, 08:36 PM
Dan I am moved by your situation
Where do you live in Canada? I am sure that the tournament can accomodate you !!!
If you would like, I can contact them for you?
Thanks Pierce0415. I live in Vancouver, in Canada. Recently, I just have a few things I need to deal with, somethings I really need settle first.

But thank u for offering to help, I will definetly let u know. If my present can exchange a smile from Mary,,,, hmmm.

Mark Spruce
Aug 9th, 2006, 08:43 PM
Wishing you all of the best :wavey:

Thanks Pierce0415. I live in Vancouver, in Canada. Recently, I just have a few things I need to deal with, somethings I really need settle first.

But thank u for offering to help, I will definetly let u know. If my present can exchange a smile from Mary,,,, hmmm.

drez
Aug 9th, 2006, 11:50 PM
Great news! Lindsay just lost! That means she'll fall to #13 right before the seedings take place since she'll lose her New Haven points. Unless the ladies behind Mary perform well this week and in Toronto (which doesn't seem so likely), she should be guaranteed the #12 seed.
I really want Mary to gain some points and confidence next week, and then have a shot to go far into the draw at the U.S. Open. Hopefully Serena and Venus won't be in her section, and a round of sixteen against the 4-8 seeds is up in the air. She's actually may be seeded just like she was last year. I really do hope she can get her game together next week so she can really be a threat at Flushing Meadows. Is any one else secretly hoping David can be there to support her?

mary needs 60 points more than hingis will get to get no.12. i agree, the no12 seeding would be really great as she would be facing the much weaker 5-8 seeds who she has beaten numerous times.

Havok
Aug 9th, 2006, 11:54 PM

The center court in Montreal as well as court 1 is wheelchair accessible ;). On center court there is a special area designated just for people who have wheelchairs, and on stadium court 1 you can just park yourself anywhere around the top of the stadium where lots of people just stand and watch since they made it out to be a sort of standing/lounge area.

If you do end up going, I'd call the place first to make sure what kind of ticket you would have to purchase.;)

Mark Spruce
Aug 10th, 2006, 04:59 AM
That is good news !!

Mark

The center court in Montreal as well as court 1 is wheelchair accessible ;). On center court there is a special area designated just for people who have wheelchairs, and on stadium court 1 you can just park yourself anywhere around the top of the stadium where lots of people just stand and watch since they made it out to be a sort of standing/lounge area.

If you do end up going, I'd call the place first to make sure what kind of ticket you would have to purchase.;)

danthepiercefan
Aug 10th, 2006, 05:25 AM
Thanx, Naldo, Spruce, and the fellow Pierce fans for all the kindness info & suggstions.

Hey guys, lets talk about Pierce. Ok buddies?

Mark Spruce
Aug 10th, 2006, 05:36 AM
Ok.

I am so looking forward to seeing pics of Mary in her wedding dress !! I would be gutted if we do not get to see that.

Mark

Thanx, Naldo, Spruce, and the fellow Pierce fans for all the kindness info & suggstions.

Hey guys, lets talk about Pierce. Ok buddies?

ClaudiaZ-S
Aug 10th, 2006, 07:36 AM
LOL

Mark

A masterpierce :)

cakiteror
Aug 10th, 2006, 01:04 PM
masterpierce!!!
thats great!

pierce0415
Aug 10th, 2006, 01:50 PM
Great news! Lindsay just lost! That means she'll fall to #13 right before the seedings take place since she'll lose her New Haven points. Unless the ladies behind Mary perform well this week and in Toronto (which doesn't seem so likely), she should be guaranteed the #12 seed.

sorry drez but that is incorrect
the USO seedings are done using rankings after Montreal 2006 so they will include points from New Haven 2005

the only way for Mary to be seeded in Top 12 (without withdraw) is for her to reach at least SF in Montreal and Hingis lose in QF :o

drez
Aug 11th, 2006, 11:28 AM
That's terrible news! Mary is not even close to last year's form where she could compete with the top players. I highly doubt she can challenge the top four in the round of sixteen. There's only one player that I can see pulling out, and that's Justine since she's injured and won't play a match before the U.S.Open.

On the other hand, a good run to the semis of Montreal is entirely plausible since the draw is relatively weak and similar to San Diego. I hope Mary handles the pressure well, and that Hingis might have a freak early-round loss.

squig2k
Aug 12th, 2006, 03:58 PM
That's terrible news! Mary is not even close to last year's form where she could compete with the top players. I highly doubt she can challenge the top four in the round of sixteen. There's only one player that I can see pulling out, and that's Justine since she's injured and won't play a match before the U.S.Open.

On the other hand, a good run to the semis of Montreal is entirely plausible since the draw is relatively weak and similar to San Diego. I hope Mary handles the pressure well, and that Hingis might have a freak early-round loss.

guys, i hope marys used this week for preparation well and hope shes drawn on the relative comeback success she had at san diego to be a threat at montreal. yes, davenports points dropping off will unofrtunately not be taken into account as the points are updated on the monday, whereas the draws are made on friday! :(