PDA

View Full Version : A new Tennis Racquet for Me... advice please!

drake3781
Aug 7th, 2006, 05:25 AM
Well, I think I will get myself a new tennis racquet. I've been playing with my dad's old Prince racquet for way too long.

Here is some info about me so you can give the best advice.

Female, 5'8" tall.

Only a recreational player, never played on a team or in tournaments (wish I did). But I've been playing like that since I was a kid. Have a two-handed backhand, decent but not great skills.

I'll be going on vacation and probably will take some lessons and/or find some people to play with during that week. And I might want to join a league or something like that pretty soon.

I want something simple and practical. Don't want to be the one who spent a lot of money, but doesn't play to that level (know what I mean?)

Even if it's not a specific racquet, any general suggestions or info is appreciated.

Ilikebigboobies
Aug 7th, 2006, 05:29 AM
Get a wooden one.
They go good! :D

Brooklyn90
Aug 7th, 2006, 05:39 AM
all the good ones cost at least over 100

kiwifan
Aug 7th, 2006, 09:12 AM
all the good ones cost at least over 100

True, but you pick up a couple of soon to be discontinued models on said at your local sporting goods store.

In SoCal, places like Big 5 and Sports Chalet tend to have rackets that were 150 dollar rackets in 2004 but are now 49.99.

I'd suggest you get 2 of them since if you really like them, they will be hard to replace (I am still looking for old Agassi rackets ;) ).

happy hunting. :wavey:

MrSerenaWilliams
Aug 7th, 2006, 09:56 AM
The Wilson NFury is a REALLY nice racquet and its under $100 which is a NICE plus....some other good ones are the Prince O3 White, but I KNOW for a fact that it's 2.2 times as much AT LEAST...I would suggest going to your local club and demoeing some different sticks first...but Big 5 is a GREAT place to get older racquets for cheap...they have some Liquidmetal (Head) and Triad (Wilson) models on sale right now