PDA

View Full Version : Find a doubles partner for Lena Dementieva..

Beny
Aug 6th, 2006, 01:01 PM
Last year at about this time Lena played for the first time the doubles with Flavia Pennetta. They def. Jidkova/Petrova 76 in the third and went on winning matches..they won the LA doubles trophy and they were unstoppable at US open till the final against Raymond/Stosur. I was really happy then cos` it seemed Lena had found a very good doubles partner for her..
But since the beginning of 2006 they haven`t achieved anything remarkable except the Berlin final...and it`s August now..
Do you think it`s time to split? Is there someone Lena or Flavia would do better with?
I like Flavia too, but now they are not as good as last year as doubles pair.

I would like Lena to team up with Zvonareva..or Janette Husarova(it would be great) But Janette and Lena said they would never play together again..
..and I don`t see anyone else..
So Lena and Flavia, go on playing together....or?

btw.They get on well together so I don`t think they`re gonna split..they are good friends.. :bounce:

Lennval
Aug 6th, 2006, 01:23 PM
Likhovtseva / Dementieva would be great

controlfreak
Aug 6th, 2006, 02:23 PM
I'll do it

Viktymise
Aug 6th, 2006, 02:33 PM
i was thinking the same thing actually, but i think lena/flav will stay together, they were a bit unlucky at Wimbledon cause the match they lost was right after lena lost the singles in straights and they were hardly in great mood, i thik they will have a good run at the USO again tho

-Makiri-
Aug 6th, 2006, 02:33 PM
Flavia/Lena is a great double team :D

BoucharDRules
Aug 6th, 2006, 02:34 PM
Yeah, it's true that Dementinetta have struggled of late. Sometimes it's tough draws, but also they've had some disappointing losses.

Personally, I'd like to see Elena pair with Nicole Vaidisova, who is currently playing with embarassment-to-Canada Maureen Drake. Elena and Nicole have played together before and had some success.

Another option I like would be the popular Maria Kirilenko, whose game might complement Elena's a bit better.

LUXXXAS
Aug 6th, 2006, 02:37 PM
It must be stressful to play doubles with Dementieva :tape:
poor Flavia :hug:

RR-87
Aug 6th, 2006, 02:40 PM
Dementieva/Hingis :drool:

Viktymise
Aug 6th, 2006, 02:42 PM
Dementieva/Hingis :drool:
good one, lena really really admires Hingis saying she was her fav player but i dont think Hingis wants to play that much doubles

RR-87
Aug 6th, 2006, 02:44 PM
good one, lena really really admires Hingis saying she was her fav player but i dont think Hingis wants to play that much doubles

well, i think you want lena/venus partnership ;)

Viktymise
Aug 6th, 2006, 02:47 PM
well, i think you want lena/venus partnership ;)
thats would be a dream partnership :hearts: , they would actually be really good together, but unfortunatley its never ever gonna happen, since i dnt think they like each other after several incidents :lol: and Vee always says she only plays with Serena in womens dubs but we can live in hope :D
the wta needs to watch out for the LenaVee partnership ;)

Ellery
Aug 6th, 2006, 02:48 PM
Lena D/Lena L :drool:

Hantuchov
Aug 6th, 2006, 02:49 PM
I would like Lena to team up with Zvonareva..or Janette Husarova(it would be great) But Janette and Lena said they would never play together again..

Do you know why they said they'd never play together again ?! What the hell happened between them ?! :confused:
They definitely were a great team !! Reached the US Open and won the Porsche Race in the end of 2002.

Now I'm curious to know what made they split up !!!!!!
Please, someone answer me !!

Oh, and I like Lena and Flavia playing doubles together !! :hearts: :drool:
Though they've done nothing special lately :help: :sad: :(

Nickk
Aug 6th, 2006, 02:50 PM
Why do Lena and Husarova never want to play together again?

IMO, Lena and Flavia are a great match.
Also, Lena and Nastya would be a good team I guess.

Viktymise
Aug 6th, 2006, 02:50 PM
Do you know why they said they'd never play together again ?! What the hell happened between them ?! :confused:
They definitely were a great team !! Reached the US Open and won the Porsche Race in the end of 2002.

Now I'm curious to know what made they split up !!!!!!
Please, someone answer me !!

Oh, and I like Lena and Flavia playing doubles together !! :hearts: :drool:
Though they've done nothing special lately :help: :sad: :(
didnt they have a fight at the start of 03 because Lena wanted to cut back on her dubz to concentrate on singles and Jeannete wasnt very happy or something like that :shrug:

Océane
Aug 6th, 2006, 02:57 PM
I thing they are a good pair for double! :D

I'm sure they're going to do good results once again ! :p

Cp6uja
Aug 6th, 2006, 02:59 PM
Jelena Jankovic play well in doubles this season, but always change her partners...

I want to watch J-Elena next 5 years!!!

UDACHi
Aug 6th, 2006, 03:58 PM
dementieva/safina.

exodus'05
Aug 6th, 2006, 04:06 PM
Lena/safina was really good in the fed cup final.
I also think that Venus/Lena can be good, Lena can teach Venus how to hit a forehand and Venus can help her with her serve, backhand and volleys.

fufuqifuqishahah
Aug 6th, 2006, 04:09 PM

yea. i would cry out of sadness if that happened.

Jelena Jankovic play well in doubles this season, but always change her partners...

I want to watch J-Elena next 5 years!!!

u know... jankovic is improving in doubles, and while she hasn't had very good runs in tournaments, she has upsetted some players like ELENA and PENNETTA in ACURA CLASSIC. so... u know... the j-elena team is possible at any moment.

-----------

i'd also like dementieva and vee but that would never happen, and that pairing would be kind of weird. but otherwise, on a realistic level, I would like kirilenko, zvonareva, hantuchova (if ai retires soon), or petrova. i think those would go decent together.

Natasc
Aug 6th, 2006, 04:18 PM
Lena-Vee and Lena-Hingis would be a dream :hearts:
but I do like Lena and Penetta!!

Sweep
Aug 6th, 2006, 04:43 PM
Lena and Pennetta are cool as a team.

Her and Husarova were a pretty sweet team although they did have a bit of a fallout. As someone mentioned, Lena wanted to concentrate on singles - however paired up with Krasnoroutskaya just two months later. Hmm.

Lina and Lena were, in my eyes, immense, that win over the Sisters at Wimbledon. :worship: Should Lina return, as expected, at the start of 2007, they would be an ideal partnership.

Lennval
Aug 6th, 2006, 08:12 PM
i also would like

lena / dinara
lena / martina
lena / vivi

Dementieva-fan
Aug 6th, 2006, 08:30 PM
No....Lena and Flavia 4 ever!!! :(

Stephieva
Aug 6th, 2006, 09:52 PM
No....Lena and Flavia 4 ever!!! :(
I second that :worship:

goldenlox
Aug 7th, 2006, 03:37 PM
She needs an Olympic partner. Maybe Sharapova :armed:

frenchie
Aug 7th, 2006, 03:40 PM
I'd like to see Lena playing with Nastya!!

I think they tried in 2004 in e few tournaments in order to practice for the olympics. They weren't very successful as far as I remember....

Viktymise
Aug 7th, 2006, 04:03 PM
I'd like to see Lena playing with Nastya!!

I think they tried in 2004 in e few tournaments in order to practice for the olympics. They weren't very successful as far as I remember....
they were a good pair but they played like 3 tournies and were just very unlucky particularly at the olympics were they could have maybe won the medal but lost a really really close match to the japaneese they were good tho

No Name Face
Aug 7th, 2006, 04:05 PM
Dementieva/Bovina. match made in heaven. :drool:

Viktymise
Aug 7th, 2006, 04:07 PM
Dementieva/Bovina. match made in heaven. :drool:
they player in some tournies together didnt they i cant remember their results tho

miffedmax
Aug 7th, 2006, 04:10 PM
I like Lena and Flavia (but is it Pennetieva or Dementietta?)

I think Lena and Nastya would be fun, but not overly successful.

IF she decides to come out of retirement, Lena D./Anna K. would be an interesting combo. Anna's pretty good a dbls.

goldenlox
Aug 7th, 2006, 04:11 PM
Lena and Panova, 2 veterans

Dementieva-fan
Aug 7th, 2006, 05:55 PM
I like Lena and Flavia (but is it Pennetieva or Dementietta?)

Haha both! :lol:

Why does Lena need a new partner? I mean Flavia Pennetta is the perfect one to partner her...she is fast, good at the net and good at the back... You'll see...they are going to win LA again :cool:

No Name Face
Aug 7th, 2006, 05:58 PM
they player in some tournies together didnt they i cant remember their results tho

they did. it was before bovina got injured at the FO.
they had okay results, about the same as the results Flavieva (ooo new name for them) are having now.

miffedmax
Aug 7th, 2006, 06:13 PM
Flavena?

ElFla?

FlaEl?

Elvia?

No Name Face
Aug 7th, 2006, 06:16 PM
Flavena?

ElFla?

FlaEl?

Elvia?

Flava Flav :tape: :tape:

Flavilena

Flavdem

Dementietta

Pementieva

Dementinator
Aug 7th, 2006, 06:35 PM
Dementipenn nope!! doesnt work......

miffedmax
Aug 7th, 2006, 07:06 PM
I can't believe we've all so completely overlooked the obvious.

The perfect doubles partner for Elena is . . .

the one . . .

the only . . .

the ideal . . .

the ultimate . . .

the perfect . . .

the best . . .

MOMMY VERA!

LegionArgentina
Aug 7th, 2006, 07:08 PM
Dementieva with Dulko

Natasc
Aug 7th, 2006, 07:23 PM
I can't believe we've all so completely overlooked the obvious.

The perfect doubles partner for Elena is . . .

the one . . .

the only . . .

the ideal . . .

the ultimate . . .

the perfect . . .

the best . . .

MOMMY VERA!
PERFECT :haha: :lol: :haha:
LMAO

Max is our Jim Carey!
that was just too funny :haha:

Pementieva
hahahahaha!! :haha:
PeNENtieva would be nice :haha: :lol:

TiK-Tee
Aug 7th, 2006, 07:24 PM
DeeP----> De-mentieva attenn-eP;)

Sweep
Aug 7th, 2006, 07:50 PM

Flavilena

Flavdem

Dementietta

Pementieva

Take Flavia's first and Elena's second names. Flaventieva. Hmm.

Viktymise
Aug 7th, 2006, 07:53 PM
ill call em lena/flav simple but sweet :D

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Aug 7th, 2006, 08:08 PM
Moyagenov team