awesome Kim, especially in the first set and tb :yeah:
now win the title :worship:

The Kaz
Aug 6th, 2006, 04:32 AM
nicole :rolleyes: 7-0 in the tiebreak...Well Done though :yeah:
GO KIM thrash MARIA!!!

Zippy
Great for Kim. And talk about running away in a tie-break, man.

faboozadoo15
what happened in the tiebreak?

SvetaPleaseWin.
nicole should have won the 2nd set :fiery: kim was practically giving it to her

you could tell kim wasnt particulary happy at the end-her forehand was nearly as erratic as sharapovas today-i hope they both get it together for tomorrow, i may not be a fan of either but i wanta decent final

good effort though to vaidisova, first tier I semi and top 10 :yeah:

Rome
Aug 6th, 2006, 04:35 AM
7-0 in the tiebreak

Mashak
Aug 6th, 2006, 04:38 AM
I couldn't watch this match, but when I looked at the score then I had the feeling that Kim was playing really well in the first set and till 3-0 in the second.. what happened from that moment I don't know....I think Nicole was playing better from that moment and Kim worser....so, I thought that Nicole would win that second set.... but Kim fought back and won it......7-0 in the tiebreak :eek:

But can someone tell me how both were playing.... but i couldn't watch this match.... thanks :)

Congrats Kim ! :)

Nicole :sad:

wateva
Aug 6th, 2006, 04:39 AM
really well played tiebreak from kim but her second mid set meltdown was :o...

SelesFan70
Aug 6th, 2006, 04:40 AM
Wow, Nicole was down 2 breaks and 30-love on Kim's serve. I stopped looking at the score...thought it was all over. Way to come back...but what happened in the tie-breaker? No matter...I still lost a lot of v-cash. :(

jojoseph
Aug 6th, 2006, 04:48 AM
This could have been a great match.

It was nice to see Nicole get it together but it was a bit late. She has a very nice game but just needs to control her power, imo.

Great job to Kimmie to put it away when she needed to.

hurricanejeanne
Aug 6th, 2006, 05:10 AM
What a strange match:
Kim played like god until 3-0 in the second...Nicole was so flat...
I'm not sure if Kim was having a walkabout in there or if Nicole was just playing better, it was hard to tell.
Welcome to the top ten Nicole.
Beat Maria tomorrow Kim!

delicatecutter
Aug 6th, 2006, 05:16 AM
YAY Kim!! :yeah:

Thanks for the vCash!!!!

Now shut up Maria!

Belmont Lad
Aug 6th, 2006, 05:19 AM
Best of luck tomorrow Kimmie! :yeah:

Dexter
Aug 6th, 2006, 05:39 AM
:bigcry: :mad:

Rub
Aug 6th, 2006, 05:48 AM
well kim won! that's important!

Derek.
Aug 6th, 2006, 06:09 AM
Nicole. :sobbing:

^_^chinese
Aug 6th, 2006, 06:11 AM
win the title pls

Martian Stacey
Aug 6th, 2006, 06:52 AM
Congrats Kim :D

Now win the final tomorrow :bounce:

skanky~skanketta
Aug 6th, 2006, 06:57 AM
good grief kim!cant u win in 2 easy sets like you used to?

Lulu.
Aug 6th, 2006, 07:16 AM
Great job Kim. Now win the final please!!

DutchieGirl
Aug 6th, 2006, 07:22 AM
good grief kim!cant u win in 2 easy sets like you used to?

She wasn't playing the #111 ranked player, but the #11 ranked (next week #9).

chuCKnorris
Aug 6th, 2006, 07:41 AM
well done Kim! :yeah: and the tie-break :eek:

now win your first San Diego title! :bounce:

F-R-E-A-K
Aug 6th, 2006, 07:58 AM
Kim :) :worship:

rubeno
Aug 6th, 2006, 08:01 AM
Well done Kim

Everyone's saying she's playing worse than last year at this point but don't forget she lost in the quarters last year to Shuai Peng!!!!! So she's actually improved on last years performance....

~Carsten~
Aug 6th, 2006, 08:21 AM
well done Kim :)

Slumpsova
Aug 6th, 2006, 08:23 AM
i knew it :rolleyes:
but whatever, at least Kim makes the final and Nicole still finished in top ten.

Sir Stefwhit
Aug 6th, 2006, 08:24 AM
I'm not sure how the match looked on tv but it was a fun match to watch live. The crowd was really into it and very vocal in their support for Nikki. Too bad there wasn't a third set cause I think the crowd would have went bananas. I was pulling for Nikki to win the second set and nearly lost my voice in the process. In the end I wanted Clijsters to score the W, so I'm pretty psyched.

Good news to my fellow Kim fans. In every match at Cali that Kim has entered and I went to she has won. EVERY FREAKIN' SINGLE MATCH!!! I'm Kim's official good luck charm. So based on history Sharapova is going down.

xin_hui
Aug 6th, 2006, 08:27 AM
Good news to my fellow Kim fans. In every match at Cali that Kim has entered and I went to she has won. EVERY FREAKIN' SINGLE MATCH!!! I'm Kim's official good luck charm. So based on history Sharapova is going down.

:yeah: i assume you'll be in attendance tomorrow ;)

Grohl
Aug 6th, 2006, 08:35 AM
:woohoo:
great win kim!
good luck against Maria!

Munchen
Aug 6th, 2006, 08:59 AM
:worship: WTG Kimmie :woohoo:

take the title ;) :D :drool:

Hagar
Aug 6th, 2006, 09:16 AM
This is a nice way to wake up on a Sunday morning. Congratulations on making it to yet another hardcourt final, Kim! Hope the match against Maria is a good one and you prevail.

gmak
Aug 6th, 2006, 09:33 AM
kim :woohoo: ;) :D :bigclap: another final for you! :)

nicole :hug: top10! :drool:

chuCKnorris
Aug 6th, 2006, 09:43 AM
Good news to my fellow Kim fans. In every match at Cali that Kim has entered and I went to she has won. EVERY FREAKIN' SINGLE MATCH!!!.
she's miss California... :D

<Sven>
Aug 6th, 2006, 09:49 AM
Great win Kim! Now go on and grab your 33th title! :worship:

tobi
Aug 6th, 2006, 09:54 AM
Nicole :(

-Makiri-
Aug 6th, 2006, 11:31 AM

terjw
Aug 6th, 2006, 11:37 AM
I couldn't watch this match, but when I looked at the score then I had the feeling that Kim was playing really well in the first set and till 3-0 in the second.. what happened from that moment I don't know....I think Nicole was playing better from that moment and Kim worser....so, I thought that Nicole would win that second set.... but Kim fought back and won it......7-0 in the tiebreak :eek:

But can someone tell me how both were playing.... but i couldn't watch this match.... thanks :)

Congrats Kim ! :)

Well I set the alarm last night to wake me up so and watch it - but I missed most the 1st set. But I saw Kim serve for the set and win the next 3 games breaking Nicole twice. Kim was in total control moving Nicole around and looked really good - Nicole was making errors and totally outclassed. The points were ending very quickly. There were no long rallies. I almost felt sorry for Nicole.

But then Nicole got it together. There was this extremely long game with umpteen deuces on Kim's serve. But she gutsed it out and won. A key turning point. From then on she started to put Kim under real pressure. Most important I don't think she made a single error in the next 3 games. She also came to the net a lot and was very solid there. Kim started to make a few unforced errors on points she should have won - but from nowhere Nicole had really upped her game.

I was getting really worried. What was I thinking of before - feeling sorry for Nicole.

With the score 4-4 just a few errors crept back into Nicole's game to allow Kim to hold serve. Kim wa playing well now - but Nicole looked the more likely to win. Both girls were making a few errors at this point - but overall they were playing well. And I was particularly impressed with Nicole at the net.

Then came that tie break. What can I say:
I was fortunate for my nerves but Nicole just played truly dreadful and after all her hard work just gifted the match to Kim. All Kim had to do was get the ball over the net and in play. But I don't expect Nicole to fold as badly in a tie break next time they play.

morningglory
Aug 6th, 2006, 11:59 AM
dang I'm V-bankrupt :sobbing:
congratz Kim ;)

Kim's_fan_4ever
Aug 6th, 2006, 12:13 PM
Amazing win Kim :worship:

serena_forever
Aug 6th, 2006, 02:11 PM
:tape: congrats Kim

Ellery
Aug 6th, 2006, 03:49 PM