PDA

View Full Version : The Only Reasonable Explanation For The LA Draw Being Delayed - Withdrawals

pierce0415
Aug 6th, 2006, 01:27 AM
the draw should have been made hours ago but is not availalbe on the tournament website or wtatour.com

pathetic

the only excuse tournament and WTA has is that they made the draw, were about to post it, but some of the top seeds withdrew at the last moment

so they are either redoing the draw or reshuffling the seeds

I bet Petrova and / or Davenport withdrew at the last minute ...

then the LA tour director threatened to kill Larry Scott w/ the LA Mafia

now Larry Scott is frantically calling some Gold Exempt players to take their place :tape:

ASP0315
Aug 6th, 2006, 02:16 AM
the draw should have been made hours ago but is not availalbe on the tournament website or wtatour.com

pathetic

the only excuse tournament and WTA has is that they made the draw, were about to post it, but some of the top seeds withdrew at the last moment

now Larry Scott is frantically calling some Gold Exempt players to take their place :tape:

:haha:

The tournament no complete entry list, no live scoreboard, draws being delayed. I wonder how frustrated the tennis fans in LA must be.

This is another excellent job done by WTA :rolleyes:

pierce0415
Aug 6th, 2006, 02:20 AM
:haha:

The tournament no complete entry list, no live scoreboard, draws being delayed. I wonder how frustrated the tennis fans in LA must be.

This is another excellent job done by WTA :rolleyes:

um there aren't that many fans in LA :tape:
that is why the YEC is outta there

Ferosh
Aug 6th, 2006, 02:21 AM

pathetic

Or the draw is totally being rigged, which I highly suspect is the case.

tennnisfannn
Aug 6th, 2006, 02:25 AM
perhaps serena drew davenport and they desperately need both players to go further than rd 1

CrossCourt~Rally
Aug 6th, 2006, 02:31 AM
Or the draw is totally being rigged, which I highly suspect is the case.

Are you related to the poster PERFECTION?? :confused: You gals are so much alike! :hearts:

Ferosh
Aug 6th, 2006, 02:35 AM
Are you related to the poster PERFECTION?? :confused: You gals are so much alike! :hearts:

What??? :(

Am I supposed to take that as an insult or a compliment? By the way, I was Dementrova before. :p

ZAK
Aug 6th, 2006, 02:52 AM
I definitely think either (or both) Serena or Davenport have withdrawn. They probably want to keep that under raps as long as possible

drake3781
Aug 6th, 2006, 02:56 AM
What??? :(

Am I supposed to take that as an insult or a compliment? By the way, I was Dementrova before. :p

Oh, HI!!! I should have known! :wavey:

Ferosh
Aug 6th, 2006, 02:58 AM
Oh, HI!!! I should have known! :wavey:

Hi! :hug:

Mightymirza
Aug 6th, 2006, 03:01 AM
apparantly draw has been made and they r just too lazy or careless to post it :help: btw this tournie has livescores link on website!

hurricanejeanne
Aug 6th, 2006, 03:04 AM
I hope that this is just tournament people's laziness...because i am about to have a stroke.

Shooter
Aug 6th, 2006, 03:22 AM
The tournament no complete entry list, no live scoreboard, draws being delayed. I wonder how frustrated the tennis fans in LA must be. This is another excellent job done by WTA. I live in L.A. I'm a avid tennis fan. I go to Indian Wells, to the Acura, even to the U.S. Open. But I don't go to the JPMorgan, cause I don't like the way they treat fans or players. I don't think the WTA is to blame. I think it's more the fault of the promoters, a group called AEG here in Los Angeles. If you go to the tournament website and hunt around a little, you'll find a link to AEG. Send them an email with your complaints. Tell them that they way to get people to go to their tournament is NOT to call them on the phone and try to sell them tickets. It's to treat them with respect by running a decent event - decent to the fans and to the players. That includes providing as much info as possible about the event upfront via the web site. They have a nice facility at The Home Depot Center, but they run the event poorly.

DutchieGirl
Aug 6th, 2006, 03:24 AM
Well it looks like Serena didn't withdraw, as it was posted she got Kirilenko in the 1st r... :shrug: Maybe linds w/d

Andrew..
Aug 6th, 2006, 03:26 AM
Lindsay is also in the draw.

pierce0415
Aug 6th, 2006, 03:26 AM
I live in L.A. I'm a avid tennis fan. I go to Indian Wells, to the Acura, even to the U.S. Open. But I don't go to the JPMorgan, cause I don't like the way they treat fans or players. I don't think the WTA is to blame. I think it's more the fault of the promoters, a group called AEG here in Los Angeles. If you go to the tournament website and hunt around a little, you'll find a link to AEG. Send them an email with your complaints. Tell them that they way to get people to go to their tournament is NOT to call them on the phone and try to sell them tickets. It's to treat them with respect by running a decent event - decent to the fans and to the players. That includes providing as much info as possible about the event upfront via the web site. They have a nice facility at The Home Depot Center, but they run the event poorly.

thanks for letting us know about the situation :wavey:

selesfan
Aug 6th, 2006, 03:27 AM
Lindsay must have withdrawn because the Tennis channel said she isn't playing until New Haven:(

DutchieGirl
Aug 6th, 2006, 03:28 AM
Where is the draw then? I didn't see it posted on here yet...

Andrew..
Aug 6th, 2006, 03:28 AM
Lindsay must have withdrawn because the Tennis channel said she isn't playing until New Haven:(
I just called the tournament and spoke to the on site WTA official. She said that 1) Davenport is in the draw, and 2) the draw was sent out to the media center, and should be posted on the WTA site within the hour.

DutchieGirl
Aug 6th, 2006, 03:29 AM
I just called the tournament and spoke to the on site WTA official. She said that 1) Davenport is in the draw, and 2) the draw was sent out to the media center, and should be posted on the WTA site within the hour.

oh ok. :D

hurricanejeanne
Aug 6th, 2006, 03:32 AM

Okay...I hope you are right Andrew...I trust you with this...Lindsay better show up... :scared:

pierce0415
Aug 6th, 2006, 03:32 AM

so I guess Petrova out :confused:

dizoo
Aug 6th, 2006, 03:34 AM
Serena x Kirilenko?

selesfan
Aug 6th, 2006, 03:34 AM

Thanks. I hope she does play.

Mightymirza
Aug 6th, 2006, 03:36 AM
LA main draw is here!

Mirza vs Janko
Peer vs peng