PDA

View Full Version : Surprised at number of Californian Patty fans

borisy
Aug 5th, 2006, 09:46 PM
All the crowd is behind her since the start of the match but I guess it's more because of the fact that she is playing against the leggy blonde whose popularity has been going the wrong direction for some time.

lindsayno1
Aug 5th, 2006, 09:57 PM
maria is hardly ever the favourite at tournaments anymore....

Philip
Aug 5th, 2006, 09:59 PM
well, theyve seen alot of her in those parts since last year.. winning ciny, semi stanford match points in that match against venus, and quarters against eventual winner mary last year in san diego. and this year, sf ciny, final stanfrod and now semi in san diego.

so much schnyder in so little time :p

frenchie
Aug 5th, 2006, 10:05 PM
It's so easy to cheer for Patty with her game :worship:

or is it easier to cheer against Sharapova :tape:

Brooklyn90
Aug 5th, 2006, 10:07 PM

:lol: :worship:

GrandSlam05
Aug 5th, 2006, 10:07 PM
The crowd is probably full of rich Californians who have shitloads of money in swiss banks. Of course they like Patty.
Also "Patty" kinds of seems like an american name so maybe thats an attractive feature for them.

Lulu.
Aug 5th, 2006, 10:12 PM
maria is hardly ever the favourite at tournaments anymore....

Yep

Martyś
Aug 5th, 2006, 10:20 PM
Thanks God she doesn't care :lol: Maria, of course.

Dennis^^
Aug 5th, 2006, 10:34 PM
Hmmm, I don't like Patty that much, actually. :p But, okay. :p

Rachel_
Aug 6th, 2006, 12:53 AM

:haha:

Ferosh
Aug 6th, 2006, 01:14 AM
Patty's game is just so beautiful to see, she's got every shot in the book.

WIMBLY2004
Aug 6th, 2006, 01:15 AM
Thanks God she doesn't care :lol: Maria, of course.

I like it, I actually think it pumps her up, remember what she said about the guy who cheered against her loudly in her match against Hingis in IW :lol:

Mightymirza
Aug 6th, 2006, 06:21 AM
All the crowd is behind her since the start of the match but I guess it's more because of the fact that she is playing against the leggy blonde whose popularity has been going the wrong direction for some time.
Maybe they knew leggy blondie is gonna win anyways and were cheering for ms pistol patty in hope that they would see a close match!!Which they got of course! :o

Doggy
Aug 6th, 2006, 07:12 AM
as soon as patty hits a drop shot, the fans are on her side because she is an elegant tennis player and very fiesta on court. plus her variety is very beautiful to see

I used to hate her and Dementieva's guts, but now I just hate Dementieva; Patty totally won me over. I love her! :hearts:

Dinkie
Aug 6th, 2006, 11:09 AM
Patty rules!! Beautiful game.

borisy
Aug 6th, 2006, 11:43 AM
Yes and she seems to be playing better and better. She'll reach her career high ranking soon.

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Aug 6th, 2006, 11:48 AM
shes playing really well in US summer i dont like her but each to there own.

I think people love to cheer against maria but they dont realise she loves it and it works in her favour cause it pumps her up.

Kim's_fan_4ever
Aug 6th, 2006, 11:55 AM
Patty's game is just so beautiful to see, she's got every shot in the book.
For me it isn't beautiful to see but everyone has his own opinion.
IMO they rooted for Patty because they they all don't like Maria who acts like a big star.