PDA

View Full Version : My Acura Classic photos

Jeff
Aug 5th, 2006, 09:07 PM
Hey everyone. Well I have uploaded my pictures from the Acura Classic, taken on Thursday. I have a few more to upload that I took on Wednesday, which I will add a bit later, so check back. Hope you enjoy :D

http://jeppyboy.powweb.com/acura.html

serena_forever
Aug 5th, 2006, 09:14 PM
nice pics

mirzalover
Aug 5th, 2006, 09:18 PM
love you for the sania pictures :kiss:

-sugi-
Aug 5th, 2006, 09:25 PM
thank you for Kim :bounce: :)

LeRoy.
Aug 5th, 2006, 10:20 PM
very nice pics

Vaidisova
Aug 5th, 2006, 10:37 PM

Scots Kim Fan
Aug 5th, 2006, 10:40 PM
nice pics :cool:

Shooter
Aug 5th, 2006, 11:26 PM
Hey everyone. Well I have uploaded my pictures from the Acura Classic, taken on Thursday. I have a few more to upload that I took on Wednesday, which I will add a bit later, so check back. Hey Jeff. Thanks for posting the pics. Read your comments about having focus problems. Same thing used to happen to me with my old camera. Make sure you set the focus mode to 'spot' so it will focus on the player and not the background. It's a known fact that autofocus functions are less reliable in low light conditions, which is what we had at Acura. Most days were overcast, which is good in some ways and bad in others. How many pics did you take in all? I took around 450. Thanks again for going to all the trouble to take them and post them. I know how much work that is.

Hant11
Aug 5th, 2006, 11:55 PM

Jeff
Aug 5th, 2006, 11:57 PM
Hey Jeff. Thanks for posting the pics. Read your comments about having focus problems. Same thing used to happen to me with my old camera. Make sure you set the focus mode to 'spot' so it will focus on the player and not the background. It's a known fact that autofocus functions are less reliable in low light conditions, which is what we had at Acura. Most days were overcast, which is good in some ways and bad in others. How many pics did you take in all? I took around 450. Thanks again for going to all the trouble to take them and post them. I know how much work that is.

Hey Shooter, thanks for responding. Didn't know about the 'spot' option. I'll try that at JPMorgan next week.

I ended up taking 111 pictures for the two days. As I stated, I bought cheap batteries, and so when my old ones ran out after the first hour the new cheap ones wouldn't even start the camera up...learned my lesson. So I only got in the pictures shown on the last page (20) for wednesday. On Thursday it rained until about 12:30...go figure, since it never rains there at this time :rolleyes: So I sat around talking to some older ladies for about 2 1/2 hours :lol: But I'll try your suggestions for next week. Any other suggestions, feel free to shout out.

Derek.
Aug 6th, 2006, 12:06 AM
Thanks! :D

Lindsayfanumber1
Aug 6th, 2006, 12:40 AM
Thx, Nice pics of Paola ! :worship: ;)

Shooter
Aug 6th, 2006, 12:43 AM
Hey Shooter, thanks for responding. Didn't know about the 'spot' option. You have a high end camera. I'm pretty sure it offers different focusing modes. You want the mode that gives focus priority to the center of the viewfinder which is where the player is. Otherwise you'll be focusing on the wall or ground behind the player. Your camera also probably lets you set the exposure to center weighted, which I think works best for shooting tennis.

I'll try that at JPMorgan next week. Look forward to seeing your pics. I was at the JPM qualies this morning but didn't feel like taking pictures. I need a rest from all the shooting and web work I did for the Acura.

Any other suggestions, feel free to shout out.Your camera takes AA's like my Olympus E100. They don't hold charge very long. It helped me to be 'power conscious' when using that camera. That means I turned it off when I wasn't using it, and I used the LCD as seldom as possible. Doing that I could usually get by on 2 sets of batteries a day. But I own 4 sets of rechargeable AA's (a set is 4 batteries), and 2 chargers. So that's 16 batteries in all. One of the nice things about upgrading to a digital SLR is the battery situation. My Canon 30D takes 1 battery that lasts all day, and only takes about an hour to charge.

LegionArgentina
Aug 6th, 2006, 12:46 AM
Nice pics

SelesFan70
Aug 6th, 2006, 12:49 AM
I am so jealous! :D

Mightymirza
Aug 6th, 2006, 02:45 AM
Awesome!!

Jeff
Aug 6th, 2006, 04:32 AM
You have a high end camera. I'm pretty sure it offers different focusing modes. You want the mode that gives focus priority to the center of the viewfinder which is where the player is. Otherwise you'll be focusing on the wall or ground behind the player. Your camera also probably lets you set the exposure to center weighted, which I think works best for shooting tennis.

Yes my camera has different modes. I think the one you are referring to is called 'Portrait' mode on my camera, which blurs the background. This is the mode I actually used most of the time, however still had difficulty with action/zoom shots. I can also adjust the apature and shutter speeds, but I neglected to test those options this time. Maybe I should use manual mode instead?

Your camera takes AA's like my Olympus E100. They don't hold charge very long. It helped me to be 'power conscious' when using that camera. That means I turned it off when I wasn't using it, and I used the LCD as seldom as possible. Doing that I could usually get by on 2 sets of batteries a day. But I own 4 sets of rechargeable AA's (a set is 4 batteries), and 2 chargers. So that's 16 batteries in all. One of the nice things about upgrading to a digital SLR is the battery situation. My Canon 30D takes 1 battery that lasts all day, and only takes about an hour to charge.

Yes, I use Energizer batteries and a set of four batteries lasted the entire day. I bought the pack of 8. Never buy Rayovac "Heavy Duty" my @ss batteries, because they are just a heavy piece of trash is what they are, as they didnt' even start up my camera. And yes I have learned to use my LCD as little as possible

crazyroberto6767
Aug 6th, 2006, 04:36 AM
Thanks. Especially for those of Lena D., Sania, & Mary :hearts:

Jeff
Aug 7th, 2006, 05:11 AM
I'll be taking some more pics at JPMorgan tomorrow and maybe later in the week. Stay tuned :)

F-R-E-A-K
Aug 7th, 2006, 05:13 AM

Si_Hi
Aug 7th, 2006, 05:30 AM
thx!!!
but i can't open it.....

amit31
Aug 7th, 2006, 06:30 AM
Hi

Thanks they are nice pictures.

I loved the last set with Vaidisova..that is her right?
I think she looks very nice and stylish in her outfit.

Jeff
Aug 7th, 2006, 06:32 AM
thx!!!
but i can't open it.....

You can't open webpage? That's strange :confused:

And Amit31, yes that is Vaidisova and I agree with you. She is very attractive and easy to photograph.

dania
Aug 7th, 2006, 06:45 AM
Mary looks great.