PDA

View Full Version : This just in, Kiddies: Building up good credit is ... good.

Crazy Canuck
Aug 5th, 2006, 08:27 PM
Indeed, it is.

See, ever since I was first offered a credit card by the bank, I have made a point of buying everything on it and then paying it back the next day through my online banking system. I always made sure that I had the cash available, or that I would have it available, to pay off my VISA well within the pay period so that I rarely carried a balance.

Soooo, because I'm retarded, the other day I took 400 out of the wrong account. What this meant, is that there was no longer enough money in my checking account to cover my student loan and my rent deposit.

Under ordinary circumstances, I would have defaulted on my student loans, and lost the apartment due to a bounced rent deposit check. However, because I have built up good credit, my bank allowed both the student loan and rent deposit to go through, and simply deducted that money out of my pay, which went in a few days later.

The moral of the story is: don't bounce checks and pay your bills on time, because some day you will be a dumb bum like me with real bills to pay, and you just may fuck up and need the bank to help you out a little.

Roar! :)

lilly
Aug 5th, 2006, 08:32 PM
ah, nice to know the world isn't as fucked up as one would think. Trust, logic and understanding from a major cash company, who would have thought!

;)