PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about night sessions at the US OPEN Series?

Kim's_fan_4ever
Aug 5th, 2006, 05:21 PM
What do you think about it? I think it's so unfair, especially for the players who play at the night and then are forced to play in the afternoon, like today's semifinal match Kim-Nicole and last week's match Schnyder-Golovin... I know that there are extra money for the organisers, but isn't the health of the players more important? The time of the recovery after the match is not the same as the opponent had, what is not fair.

Just Do It
Aug 5th, 2006, 06:23 PM
i dont agree ! i think that is great for us, tennis fans from Europe :)

RR-87
Aug 5th, 2006, 06:38 PM
I love night sessions ;)

And it's not so hot to the players ;)

hurricanejeanne
Aug 5th, 2006, 06:43 PM
They have night matches at a lot of tournaments, including the Australian Open and the US Open. It's not a new thing for just the US Open series.
And these are professional athletes, they should be and usually are fine.

Kim's_fan_4ever
Aug 5th, 2006, 06:47 PM
They have night matches at a lot of tournaments, including the Australian Open and the US Open. It's not a new thing for just the US Open series.
And these are professional athletes, they should be and usually are fine.
I have nothing against night sesions at AO and UO because players don't play every day, they have a day off. Oh well maybe AO night session, which I can't watch because I have to be at school :o

RenaSlam.
Aug 5th, 2006, 07:08 PM
Stupidest thread ever.

Night matches are part of being a professional tennis player. They adjust to them, deal with it.

Kim's_fan_4ever
Aug 5th, 2006, 07:25 PM
Stupidest thread ever.

Night matches are part of being a professional tennis player. They adjust to them, deal with it.
Typical American :o the night sessions were created because organisers can earn more money! Anyway, that's not just my opinion, even the polish comentators share it.

franny
Aug 5th, 2006, 07:29 PM
Night sessions are good because it is a lot cooler and less demanding for the players. All players at one point or another will have to play a night session match. It's not like they are playing best of five set matches. It's best of three. It's two hours. The players need to be fit enough to play every day during a tournament. And plus, most of the time, the players who play a night get to play later in the day. HOWEVER, I do agree that for semifinals, they should not play at night. There's only two matches. Why split it up into two sessions? That sucks for the fans because they only get to watch 1 match. They need to make the semis into 1 session for fans to see both matches. And it makes it more fair for both players.

Dennis^^
Aug 5th, 2006, 07:31 PM
I don't agree either. There are some advantages for the players ánd for us, people from Europe. We can also watch the matches live and they don't have to play in the heat (when it's very hot, of course).

UDACHi
Aug 5th, 2006, 07:33 PM
night session pwnz.

hurricanejeanne
Aug 5th, 2006, 07:36 PM
night session pwnz.
agreed, there is nothing more exciting than a night session on AA at the US Open.

ASP0315
Aug 5th, 2006, 10:48 PM
Night are fine with me. In fact I want Flood Lights to be installed at Wimbledon and French Open.

I don't agree either. There are some advantages for the players ánd for us, people from Europe. We can also watch the matches live and they don't have to play in the heat (when it's very hot, of course).

Yeah it is good for the Television Viewers from different parts of the world.
Also the tournament earn a lot of money from doing so.

Hant11
Aug 5th, 2006, 11:56 PM
i don't like night session /. Because the match is not on eurosport 1
clijsters/hingis - clijsters/vaidisova

pffff

RJWCapriati
Aug 6th, 2006, 12:08 AM
The night sessions at the U.S. Open produce the best atmosphere a player could ever dream of. As for the other tournaments in the series - I like it very much - I think all the tournaments should have night sessions.

Martian Stacey
Aug 6th, 2006, 12:59 AM
I like night sessions. Its good for the players because they don't have to play during the heat of the day, and its good for the fans - there is usually a great atmosphere at a night session.

However, i'm not sure why at San Diego they are having on semi during the day, and one semi at night. In my opinion, they should have both during the day, and have night sessions in the earlier rounds.

msharafan
Aug 6th, 2006, 01:06 AM
i personally love night sessions theres something about playing under the lights its a terrific atmosphere which usually brings for a great match and a treat for the fans! anyway i have a feeling this is coming on because maria has the rest of the day off to recover and kim doesnt well kim had more recovery time for her match today so you know what can you say? things like this happen in sport its up to the players to deal with them! god in dubai i remember maria had to beat hingis and lindsay all in one day and then face justine in the final who had only one match the day before i think! anyway athletes have to cope with these things!

msharafan
Aug 6th, 2006, 01:07 AM
oh of course it could be the same situation if nicole wins too!