PDA

View Full Version : Mary Pierce on her Match vs Sharapova

squig2k
Aug 5th, 2006, 04:32 PM
From bbc.co.uk:

Pierce was playing in her first tournament for six moths after tearing ligaments in her foot and found Sharapova too much to handle.

"My legs have been sore for the past few days and they were getting worse and worse," said Pierce. "The trainers advised me to have them taped to prevent any further injury.

"Overall, I'm not satisfied or happy, but maybe it was a bit too soon to return."

From wta site:

"It was encouraging; it didn't feel too bad," Pierce said. "I'm confident that within a couple of weeks I'll be feeling pretty good about myself and my game. It would have been nice, of course, to defend my title and win here, but I did my best."

pierce_fanatic
Aug 5th, 2006, 04:54 PM
"My legs have been sore for the past few days and they were getting worse and worse," said Pierce. "The trainers advised me to have them taped to prevent any further injury.
haha, i thought it might have been muscle soreness, you'll be right Mary :kiss:

thanks for the quotes, squig2k :kiss:

Lunatiq
Aug 5th, 2006, 06:05 PM
so Mary is not healthy yet. When I saw her legs I knew that would not be good. She feels pain... no good no good... But I belive of course;)

zibaas
Aug 5th, 2006, 11:25 PM
man

zibaas
Aug 5th, 2006, 11:52 PM
do you guys think that Mary will withdraw from Montreal?!

RJWCapriati
Aug 6th, 2006, 12:13 AM
She will be ready for the U.S. Open - I didn't think this was too early of a comeback at all.

RJWCapriati
Aug 6th, 2006, 12:14 AM

Not at all

Lunatiq
Aug 6th, 2006, 09:14 AM

The official list of players participating in the Rogers Cup presented by National Bank at Uniprix Stadium August 12-20 has just been released, Tennis Canada announced today. The top five players in the world (Amélie Mauresmo, Kim Clijsters, Justine Henin-Hardenne, Maria Sharapova, Nadia Petrova) confirmed their presence several weeks ago and now Russian Svetlana Kuznetsova (6th), Mary Pierce of France (9th), Swiss Patty Shnyder (10th), Anastasia Myskina of Russia (11th), American Venus Williams (12th), rising star Nicole Vaidisova of the Czech Republic (13th) as well as Switzerland’s Martina Hingis (15th) have been added to the impressive list. This tournament is a Tier I WTA Tour event and offers US $1,340,000 in total prize money.

so...Good luck Mary...:)

saby
Aug 6th, 2006, 09:37 AM
those bandages was "just in case", Mary had an hard match the day before she had a lot of coubatures so she prefered had some badages, but it didn't allowed her to move as she wanted to

zibaas
Aug 6th, 2006, 02:07 PM
The official list of players participating in the Rogers Cup presented by National Bank at Uniprix Stadium August 12-20 has just been released, Tennis Canada announced today. The top five players in the world (Amélie Mauresmo, Kim Clijsters, Justine Henin-Hardenne, Maria Sharapova, Nadia Petrova) confirmed their presence several weeks ago and now Russian Svetlana Kuznetsova (6th), Mary Pierce of France (9th), Swiss Patty Shnyder (10th), Anastasia Myskina of Russia (11th), American Venus Williams (12th), rising star Nicole Vaidisova of the Czech Republic (13th) as well as Switzerland’s Martina Hingis (15th) have been added to the impressive list. This tournament is a Tier I WTA Tour event and offers US $1,340,000 in total prize money.

so...Good luck Mary...:)

thank you and thank God!
hehe

Such a strong field man! Allez Mary!

squig2k
Aug 6th, 2006, 06:30 PM
i think marys legs will recover before montreal for sure - she has a 1 week break and was bound to be sore after returning to competitive action and being made to run. I do think she is still really dangerous though, we saw she still had her awesome ground strokes against Sharapova, although she missed a bit, which match practice should eliminate.

Mark Spruce
Aug 6th, 2006, 08:24 PM
Mary's legs were just not used to the matches so I am sure they will get better.

Mary you are pure class !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sebbe
Aug 6th, 2006, 08:43 PM
Well I hope she will be better so she can MOVE a bit better. But I'm happy to see her back in action, and I was like a little child on christmas eve when they showed the match on tv!!

Lunatiq
Aug 6th, 2006, 08:48 PM
i think marys legs will recover before montreal for sure - she has a 1 week break and was bound to be sore after returning to competitive action and being made to run. I do think she is still really dangerous though, we saw she still had her awesome ground strokes against Sharapova, although she missed a bit, which match practice should eliminate.
she says it is matter of two or theree weeks so...we will see...;)

MPadict
Aug 6th, 2006, 10:12 PM
Yeah, I watched the match the other day. I must say that mary still has such a big talent though I was disapointed with her fitness overall. I agree she could not move properly becoz of the straps on her legs but She looked kind of overweight too. It surprised me a lot coz on the last pix I had seen (the training in RG on Mark's website), she looked a lot fitter...
I am not sure she'll be at her best for thev US Open... It should take more time... if... if mary makes the right effort, which I hope, she will!!!

DomenicDemaria
Aug 7th, 2006, 02:53 AM
Hopefully Mary can improve her fitness and get back to the top! :)

gNOme
Aug 7th, 2006, 02:55 AM
Go Mary!

DomenicDemaria
Aug 7th, 2006, 03:00 AM
Go Mary!

:wavey:

Hey! Its a new Mary! His name is Gnome! I convinced him to join and brainwashed him to become a Mary fan :haha:

Scotso
Aug 7th, 2006, 03:26 AM
I'm just glad she's back and playing. Hopefully she'll do well at the US Open. :D

ashwu
Aug 7th, 2006, 06:39 AM

Hey! Its a new Mary! His name is Gnome! I convinced him to join and brainwashed him to become a Mary fan :haha:

:D :D :D

Mark Spruce
Aug 7th, 2006, 01:48 PM
:worship::worship::worship::worship:

squig2k
Aug 7th, 2006, 06:20 PM
Yeah, I watched the match the other day. I must say that mary still has such a big talent though I was disapointed with her fitness overall. I agree she could not move properly becoz of the straps on her legs but She looked kind of overweight too. It surprised me a lot coz on the last pix I had seen (the training in RG on Mark's website), she looked a lot fitter...
I am not sure she'll be at her best for thev US Open... It should take more time... if... if mary makes the right effort, which I hope, she will!!!

yes, i thought she looked less fit physically compared to when she was at RG

squig2k
Aug 7th, 2006, 06:22 PM
Go Mary!

hey fellow mary fan :wavey:

pierce the best
Aug 7th, 2006, 07:42 PM
she will be soon at her best i dont think she is overweight but she can be better physically thats thue but give her a little bit more time and matches and she will be again at her best