PDA

View Full Version : Teddy Geiger & Cheyenne Kimball Will Headline Arthur Ashe Day w/ Serena, Andy, Blake

pierce0415
Aug 5th, 2006, 02:47 PM
Singing Sensations Teddy Geiger & Cheyenne Kimball Team With Andy Roddick, James Blake And Serena Williams To Kick Off The 2006 US Open At Arthur Ashe Kids' Day Presented By Hess
WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – The USTA announced that chart-topping singer/songwriters Cheyenne Kimball (http://www.cheyennemusic.com/)and Teddy Geiger (http://www.teddygeigermusic.com/) will join US Open contenders Andy Roddick, James Blake, Serena Williams and more for the annual Arthur Ashe Kids’ Day presented by Hess to kick off the 2006 US Open. The full-day tennis and music festival for children and families – including interactive games, musical entertainment, and free clinics – will be hosted by Daisy Fuentes and Quddus. In addition, as a special treat for younger fans, America’s favorite animated icons SpongeBob SquarePants and Dora the Explorer will be roaming the grounds of the USTA National Tennis Center to meet and greet kids throughout the day. The festivities are set for Saturday, August 26 at the USTA National Tennis Center in Flushing, N.Y., from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.

Tickets are on sale now through Ticketmaster (http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1D003C8C1BAEAD84?artistid=831394&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=31) (1-866-OPEN-TIX), usopen.org and at the USTA National Tennis Center box office. American Express is the official card of Arthur Ashe Kids’ Day. General admission promenade tickets cost $10 and loge tickets are $20. Admission is free for the interactive games and clinics, open from 10 a.m. - 1 p.m. on the USTA National Tennis Center grounds. The Arthur Ashe Kids' Day stadium show starts at 2:00 p.m. and will be broadcast nationally by CBS on Sunday, August 27, from 12:30 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. followed by the US Open Preview Show from 2:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. ET. Kids 12-and-under with stadium show tickets will receive a free Arthur Ashe Kids’ Day visor from the USTA and Hess on a first-come, first-serve basis. The rain date (stadium show only) is August 28.

Over the years, Arthur Ashe Kids’ Day has featured many of music’s biggest acts including Britney Spears, the Backstreet Boys, Monica, Jessica Simpson, Mario, 98 Degrees, Jesse McCartney, Little Bow Wow and Vanessa Carlton.

Cheyenne Kimball (Epic/Daylight Records artist) was born in Frisco, Texas. When she was eight, she wrote her first song – and by the time she was nine was performing her own original material anywhere her parents would drive her. By the time Cheyenne was 12 she had developed into a musical prodigy, writing nearly 200 songs and performing anywhere her mother would drive her. The same year, in 2003, Cheyenne gained national attention when she won the title of "America's Most Talented Kid" on the NBC show. Later that year, Epic/Daylight Records signed her to a multi-record deal.

This summer, Cheyenne was the star of her own MTV reality show called, "Cheyenne," which became a top rated show on the network's coveted "10 Spot" programming. At the conclusion of the series, Cheyenne's 12-song debut, The Day Has Come, was released with great acclaim this summer and debuted at #15 on the Billboard Top 200 chart. She is currently on a national tour.

Teddy Geiger (Columbia Records artist) In the past year, Teddy's dynamic new school pop, informed by the spirit of rock's glory days, has earned him spots on shows featuring Gavin DeGraw, Kelly Clarkson, and Hilary Duff's #1 pop tour last summer. Teddy has shared bills with Brandi Carlile, Pete Yorn, Simple
Plan, Fall Out Boy, Frankie J, Jesse McCartney, The Click 5, among others. Beginning with his first performances at all-ages high school gigs around his native Rochester, New York little more than a year ago, Geiger has been earning the loyalty of an ever-growing fan base of self-proclaimed "Ted-Heads." With an internet fan buzz fueling his burgeoning popularity, Teddy's first independent release, the regional EP "Stepladder" (on Cred Records), peaked at #1 in his native Rochester and made the Top 10 in Billboard's mid-Atlantic regional "Heatseekers" chart. Teddy has been embraced by internet sites including AOL, Yahoo!, Seventeen.com and many others as a young artist playing a key role in the future of pop music.

Daisy Fuentes has gone from MTV to Revlon model to actress, and is now a household name with viewers across the world. Fuentes was the first VJ to appear on both the Spanish language MTV Latino and the original MTV, and has since been a mainstay on television, hosting and having numerous roles on a variety of shows including America’s Funniest Home Videos and multiple Miss Universe Pageants. Currently, Daisy is designing a very successful women’s sportswear line exclusively for Kohl’s Dept. Stores.

Quddus began his career at MTV’s “Summer in the Keys,” and co-hosting “TRL.” From the cover of TV Guide to one of People's “Sexiest Men Alive,” Quddus has been involved with the MTV Video Music Awards, “Fashionably Loud,” MTV’s New Year’s Eve and “MTV Hits.”

“Arthur Ashe Kids’ Day presented by Hess is the perfect kick off to the US Open, combining the sport’s top stars and today’s hottest musical acts,” said Pierce O’Neil, Chief Business Officer, USTA. “The day provides fun and entertainment for the whole family and honors the legacy of Arthur Ashe, a true humanitarian and one of the sport’s great ambassadors. “

Presented by Hess and produced by the USTA, Arthur Ashe Kids’ Day honors tennis legend Arthur Ashe and continues his mission of using tennis as a means to instill in kids the values of humanitarianism, leadership and academic excellence.

A portion of the proceeds from Arthur Ashe Kids' Day benefit the USA Tennis NJTL (National Junior Tennis League), which was established by Arthur Ashe, Charlie Pasarell and Sheridan Snyder in 1969. USA Tennis NJTL is a community-driven program supported by the USTA, that significantly impacts the lives of America's youth. USA Tennis NJTL seeks to develop the character of young people through tennis and to emphasize the ideals and life of Arthur Ashe.

goldenlox
Aug 5th, 2006, 04:04 PM
With Andy Roddick, James Blake And Serena Williams To Kick Off The 2006 US Open At Arthur Ashe Kids' Day Presented By Hess

They only announce the US players

SS6888
Aug 7th, 2006, 03:45 AM
Both Teddy and Cheyenne rock - great lineup this year!

Scotso
Aug 7th, 2006, 03:51 AM
Teddy :hearts:

Stamp Paid
Aug 7th, 2006, 04:49 AM
Teddy and Cheyenne?

:help:

ZAK
Aug 7th, 2006, 04:53 AM
Teddy and Cheyenne?

:help:

Word. But then again what cool, great act is like "sign me up for Arthur Ashe Kid's day!". I guess they did the best they could

~Cherry*Blossom~
Aug 7th, 2006, 04:56 AM
Word. But then again what cool, great act is like "sign me up for Arthur Ashe Kid's day!". I guess they did the best they could

It says Monica has performed there ;)

Derek.
Aug 7th, 2006, 04:57 AM
I love Cheyenne! :inlove:

Berlin_Calling
Aug 7th, 2006, 04:58 AM
Isnt this that useless loser girl that has her own show on MTV? Damn... :tape:

¤CharlDa¤
Aug 7th, 2006, 05:01 AM
Teddy :bounce: :worship: :drool:

Derek.
Aug 7th, 2006, 05:05 AM
Isnt this that useless loser girl that has her own show on MTV? Damn... :tape:

Cheyenne rocks! :ras: :worship:

fufuqifuqishahah
Aug 7th, 2006, 05:06 AM
well considering its forKIDs, teddy and cheynne are good/perfect for those tweenies.

rihanna and aaron carter perfomed there last year

i love arthur ashe kids day. seems like it'd be a nice environment.

crazyroberto6767
Aug 7th, 2006, 05:06 AM
Cheyenne is pretty annoying. That one song by Teddy isn't horrible. But it's not like I was planning on watching the music part anyways. I just want to see the fun tennis games, especially with Serena.

supergrunt
Aug 7th, 2006, 05:07 AM
I will certainly not be going. :o

Lulu.
Aug 7th, 2006, 06:42 AM
Cheyenne? Couldnt they have found somebody better :o

MrSerenaWilliams
Aug 7th, 2006, 07:06 AM
I wish I could be there to see Rena and James....they NEED to get out there and win some more mixed titles...that would DEFINATELY boost Jimmy's confidence!

Brooklyn90
Aug 7th, 2006, 07:19 AM
i really don't like either