PDA

View Full Version : Too much Sharapova on ESPN

clonesheep
Aug 5th, 2006, 01:56 PM
Maybe I should be grateful that ESPN is showing any tennis matches at all, but lately the tournaments seem to be scheduled so that ESPN would always show Sharapova's match and ignore the others. Yesterday the only match shown was Sharapova-Pierce. It was scheduled exactly at the time of ESPN broadcast. Again, today at 4PM ET it's Sharapova vs. Schnyder. I don't hate Sharapova but most fans would sure welcome more variety. Clijsters vs. Vaidisova SF would have been more interesting.

Nevertheless, I will watch and will be rooting for Patty as usual :)

Dasha_
Aug 5th, 2006, 02:03 PM
Maybe I should be grateful that ESPN is showing any tennis matches at all, but lately the tournaments seem to be scheduled so that ESPN would always show Sharapova's match and ignore the others. Yesterday the only match shown was Sharapova-Pierce. It was scheduled exactly at the time of ESPN broadcast. Again, today at 4PM ET it's Sharapova vs. Schnyder. I don't hate Sharapova but most fans would sure welcome more variety. Clijsters vs. Vaidisova SF would have been more interesting.

Nevertheless, I will watch and will be rooting for Patty as usual :)

I will not watch, but I will be routing for Patty as well!!!

Craigy
Aug 5th, 2006, 02:06 PM
well I guess she gets a lot of viewers :p
Yay eurosport :banana:

goldenlox
Aug 5th, 2006, 02:07 PM
Tennis is dead in the US.
ESPN showing the same players over and over is why.

SelesFan70
Aug 5th, 2006, 02:10 PM
A lot of y'all should be glad to get to watch Patty slice and dice Sharapova up today. Are the haters never happy? :rolleyes:

hurricanejeanne
Aug 5th, 2006, 02:10 PM
I agree, but this is what usually happens. There wasn't a single American women left in the draw by the time the coverage started, and the top American women didn't show up. They would naturally show the American players before the others.
Sharapova is very recognizable.
We just saw Kim vs. Nicole last week too.
Either final match up could be interesting.
But yeah, the fact that they're showing women's tennis is nice.

Kim's_fan_4ever
Aug 5th, 2006, 02:28 PM
Obviously I'm disappointed that Eurosport won't show Kim, but hey they showed the same match week ago. I think that Patty-Maria match will be much more interesting than watching again Kim-Nicole.

johnoo
Aug 5th, 2006, 02:38 PM
Obviously I'm disappointed that Eurosport won't show Kim, but hey they showed the same match week ago. I think that Patty-Maria match will be much more interesting than watching again Kim-Nicole.
ES2 are showing kim-nicole at 3am gmt and 4am cet.

Kim's_fan_4ever
Aug 5th, 2006, 02:39 PM
Are you sure? Well, so I will have to get up..

johnoo
Aug 5th, 2006, 02:42 PM
Are you sure? Well, so I will have to get up..
yep check this out http://www.livesportontv.com/search3.php?id=9 plus its down in my tv mag :)

Kim's_fan_4ever
Aug 5th, 2006, 02:44 PM
yep check this out http://www.livesportontv.com/search3.php?id=9 plus its down in my tv mag :)
Oh yes, you're right. Big thx.

Mailin
Aug 5th, 2006, 02:46 PM

Euh, Eurosport 2 showing Nicole vs Kim, damn I want Eurosport 2 :sad: :(

johnoo
Aug 5th, 2006, 02:52 PM
damn I want Eurosport 2 :sad: :(
if its possible get it because theres a lot of wta tennis coming up on ES2.

Mailin
Aug 5th, 2006, 04:13 PM
if its possible get it because theres a lot of wta tennis coming up on ES2.

We have a german ES2 since Aug, 1st but not in all parts of germany unfortunately :mad: :rolleyes:

faboozadoo15
Aug 5th, 2006, 04:32 PM
the sharapova/schnyder match is more interesting. AND they're showing the other match too! just later! let's everybdy just enjoy the tennis when it's on!

we should be mad the martina/kim match wasn't shown though!!!

meyerpl
Aug 5th, 2006, 05:05 PM
I feel the same way, I get tired of being offered a steady diet of Sharapova. While I don't like it, I understand it. Most of the guys I know who aren't tennis fans but are sports fans will tune-in to watch Sharapova play and that's about it. Those are the kind of guys who make up the bulk of espn's audience.

mirzalover
Aug 5th, 2006, 05:07 PM
yeah espn shows to much sharapova but it's better than nothing

perseus2006
Aug 5th, 2006, 06:05 PM
ESPN2 needs to show more of Pova! That's my opinion.

She is the most exciting player in the WTA, the most entertaining and the one player every other girl want to beat. I would be great if other girls played with the same intensity and heart.

mirzalover
Aug 5th, 2006, 06:10 PM
ESPN2 needs to show more of Pova! That's my opinion.

She is the most exciting player in the WTA, the most entertaining and the one player every other girl want to beat. I would be great if other girls played with the same intensity and heart.

i'm pretty sure i would rather want to beat amelie, or justine

franny
Aug 5th, 2006, 06:15 PM
I love Sharapova but I'm still pissed that I was not able to watch Martina-Kim. Agh.

perseus2006
Aug 5th, 2006, 06:18 PM
Stay tuned to ESPN2 throughout the US Open Series and the USO and you will see that, too!!!

pav
Aug 5th, 2006, 06:42 PM
Not TV,but Getto images has the same syndrome 5.2 million Sharkyshots three of the rest

Kim's_fan_4ever
Aug 5th, 2006, 06:52 PM
I'm glad that Eurosport tries to mix it up a little bit but usually they have the tendency to show French players during Grand Slams because the main Eurosport's residence is in Paris. Sometimes that really annoys me :o