PDA

View Full Version : Is Jamea Jackson gonna breakthrough?

donellcarey
Aug 5th, 2006, 01:06 PM
Yup,I know,she's 20,she's not so tall...

But does anybody think that Jamea's gonna have a better year than this year?

Someone says that she's next Venus?

Well,let's talk 'bout it :bounce:

MrSerenaWilliams
Aug 5th, 2006, 02:05 PM
I definately think with a favorable draw, she could get far at the open....we'll see how her results on the year leave her in Dec.....I think she'll get to the top 30 for sure SOMETIME in 2007

Dasha_
Aug 5th, 2006, 02:05 PM
I hope she will...

rockstar
Aug 5th, 2006, 02:06 PM
i dun think she's the next venus...

venus whacks the ball A LOT harder

Viktymise
Aug 5th, 2006, 02:08 PM
yeah she aint the next Vee, shes got the speed but not the power, she could be top 30 thoughif she stays focused, shes the best hope the US have on the WTA front after the current wave of Vee, Serena and Davenport are gone :sad:

fleemke³
Aug 5th, 2006, 03:46 PM
Saw her playing and training during the Fed cup event against Belgium and I really was impressed! She probably ain't a new number one but why not settle down in the top 20 or top 15!

dagamezbest
Aug 5th, 2006, 03:47 PM
She has already really had a breakthrough at Fed Cup Quater-Finals and at Birmingham this year. So people know what she can do she just needs capitalize on those breakthroughs and begin to show consistent results. The players she has lost to since Birmingham have been top 20 players. So if she is given a good draw I think she can do some damage with it.

faboozadoo15
Aug 5th, 2006, 04:38 PM
i really really really hope so. i like her game a lot. she's fun to watch and quite spunky.

plus, she may be the best young american, and i have to like that!

GO JAM JAM

iWill
Aug 5th, 2006, 05:41 PM
Yeah she just needs to get another good draw so she can capitalize on her results I think she should try and play a few more tier III tournaments cuz it seems that is where the least top 10-15 players show up and that gives her a good chance to climb up the rankings she isnt the next Venus but she is Americas hope for the post Davenport Williams era

Wtrain
Aug 5th, 2006, 05:43 PM
i think Jamea will be a top 20 player, but I don't think she'll be the next venus.

Dennis^^
Aug 5th, 2006, 07:41 PM
Well, I think she's going to make a breakthrought, but I don't think that she'll be a new number one. But, who knows?

hacberto
Aug 5th, 2006, 07:50 PM
I can't say next Venus but maybe the next Davenport.

Once that Venus and Serena retire she will be my favorite player on the tour.

hurricanejeanne
Aug 5th, 2006, 08:01 PM
She isn't the next Davenport either, their game styles are way too different.
Jamea relies a lot on her movement and ability to run shots down.
She had her breakthrough in Fed Cup and in Birmingham. She does need to play some smaller events like tier 3s and 4s this fall to build up her confidence more. Perhaps make a final again.
She is good enough to be top 30 though.

Lulu.
Aug 6th, 2006, 01:27 AM
I see her being a top 20 player in the future. She needs to get it together mentally thats her problem

donellcarey
Aug 6th, 2006, 02:39 AM
She isn't the next Davenport either, their game styles are way too different.
Jamea relies a lot on her movement and ability to run shots down.
She had her breakthrough in Fed Cup and in Birmingham. She does need to play some smaller events like tier 3s and 4s this fall to build up her confidence more. Perhaps make a final again.
She is good enough to be top 30 though.
Seems that she's next Chanda? :bounce:

Jakeev
Aug 6th, 2006, 08:23 AM
The thing about Jamea is that I think she is a lot better as an aggressive player than she is as a counterpuncher.

Yeah she is 5-4 but she still hits a mean ball.

Just to echo what those of have said, she has to be the one that makes things happen on court. She did that at Birmingham and against Germany at FedCup.

Belief is one thing but I really think she has the game that can beat better players.

donellcarey
Aug 6th, 2006, 09:42 AM
Yeah,I hope so.
She's promising,I always think so.