PDA

View Full Version : Should Portoroz moved to this month?

Mattographer
Aug 5th, 2006, 05:52 AM
I realise that Stockholm is THE ONLY hardcourt event in Europe at between Wimbledon and the US Open. So, I thought it would be better if Portoroz moved to this month plus the weather is perfect. I remember last year in September or October, it was really frozen over there.

Also Stockholm and Portoroz is the only hardcourt/outdoor events in Europe in entire of the year. I was wondering if there had another hardcourt/outdoor events in the past beside than those two cities?

sylvain
Aug 5th, 2006, 03:36 PM
There has been a tournament on hard court in Istamboul some years ago (It was in July) and I remember that Florencia Labat played it.

Kim's_fan_4ever
Aug 5th, 2006, 05:37 PM
It doesn't make sense to have tournaments in Europe between Wimbledon and US OPEN. All top players are playing in the States at the time. But if so, then they should be right after Wimbledon, not like Stockholm.

Carmen Mairena
Aug 5th, 2006, 06:58 PM
It doesn't make sense to have tournaments in Europe between Wimbledon and US OPEN. All top players are playing in the States at the time. But if so, then they should be right after Wimbledon, not like Stockholm.

The Tour needs some Kim-free tournaments so that good players can win some of them... :rolleyes:

Kim's_fan_4ever
Aug 5th, 2006, 07:00 PM
The Tour needs some Kim-free tournaments so that good players can win some of them... :rolleyes:
Good players meaning who? Portoroz and Stockholm are tier IV! So Kim and any other good players won't play them (maybe except Myskina, still don't understand why she plays in Sweden)

Dexter
Aug 5th, 2006, 07:04 PM
The Tour needs some Kim-free tournaments so that good players can win some of them... :rolleyes:good old Polla :worship: :D ;)