PDA

View Full Version : Works sucks, I know

Pheobo
Aug 5th, 2006, 04:13 AM
WHY CAN'T THESE KIDS JUST HOLD THEIR FINGERS DOWN ON THE FUCKING FRETBOARD AND STRUM AT THE SAME TIME? *caps*

Either they lift their fingers up unintentionally when they try to strum the chord, or they focus so much on the chord shape that they lose rythym. I don't even care about the money per hour. I don't teach because it's lucrative, and I shouldn't be teaching because I'm so goddamn impatient!!!!! :fiery:

Of course I don't let the children see that. :angel:

I don't know why I do this. I'm not even really that kind.

Please sympathize with me. :sad:

skanky~skanketta
Aug 5th, 2006, 08:42 AM
i sympathize. i have babysat for 7 of my nieces and nephews before and fortunately for me i smack them well and proper when they piss me off. but i can imagine how you feel.

but lets face it, when they get it right or when they come up and say that you're the best teacher, it feels awesome.

uhm, how old are these kids?

Pheobo
Aug 5th, 2006, 01:04 PM
i sympathize. i have babysat for 7 of my nieces and nephews before and fortunately for me i smack them well and proper when they piss me off. but i can imagine how you feel.

but lets face it, when they get it right or when they come up and say that you're the best teacher, it feels awesome.

uhm, how old are these kids?

I think the youngest one is 10....but I teach a lot of adults and teenagers too. Kids 13 and on aren't much hassle but the younger ones :mad: At least it's individual lessons so I don't have to deal with them all at once

SpikeyAidanm
Aug 5th, 2006, 03:36 PM
i coach kids tennis, and totally emphasize with you, its just the one or two spoiled brats that ruin the whole class for u, ive even come to the stage of quitting my job just because of those few assholes. It's so hard to control things you can't control...

controlfreak
Aug 5th, 2006, 05:20 PM
Yes it can be quite hard teaching someone to play guitar when they blatantly suck, I know from experience. The worst part is when they also realise they suck, but keep coming for the lessons. This usually happens round about the time when you say "ok, you've been playing for almost 10 weeks now, and I think you're just about ready to move on to..... the D chord!" :banghead: